BQ Basements & Concrete

Founded 1997 • With Angi since March 2005

BQ Basements & Concrete, founded in 1997, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for our foundation repair, structural repair, crawlspace encapsulation, dehumidification and waterproofing needs. They are the one of the oldest and largest foundation repair companies in the country. BQ Basements & Concrete is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes from water damage and foundation failure....

A Service Provider's profile image

+9 more images

basement waterproofing (260)well & water pump repair (80)drain pipe installation (33)foundation repair (31)mudjacking (27)plumbers (17)window replacement (13)concrete repair (11)water damage restoration (10)mold removal (7)egress window (5)insulation (3)

06/13/2022

John V.

Since March 2019 I have spent $10,263 to stop the leak and keep the basement mold free. 3/19 - I spent $4,642 for 52 feet of french drain and to encapsulate the crawlspace. In January 2020 I had a leak in the same area and spent $2,897 for a triple safe pump system. In November 2020 I spent $1,735 for a dehumidifier, and also signed a service contract for $9.99 a month. BQ Basement came out several times in 2021 for leaks. The leaking stopped for a while. On May 5, 2022 BQ came out again, cleaned the water, and flushed the system with a chemical to brak up iron oxide. I also paid $989 for BQ to flush the system every 6 months for a total of 5 applications. It is June 13, 2022, we just had our first heavy rain, and it is leaking again.

Description of Work
Basement was leaking water after a rain.

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

02/27/2022

Doaa A.

I would like to thank Michael Goullotti very much, for all kind of help I got, Michael has excellent customer service

Description of Work
Basement foundation

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

Thank you for this stellar review! We're glad our team was able to show you a 5-star experience and we'll be sure to share with him. - BQ Basements & Concrete

01/05/2022

Eileen D.

Service performed. Had to replace compressor and dehumidifier a little earlier than planned, but the rep (Zac) explained the situation professionally and clearly.

Description of Work
Basic basement system maintenance

Work Completed On 01/03/2022

Hi! Thank you for this awesome review. We appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience with us. We'll be sure to share this with him. - BQ Basements & Concrete

12/06/2021

Elisa M.

Our experience with BQ Basements was top notch during the whole process, from our initial estimate call all the way through installation. Harry, the Sales Associate, fully explained the entire process in a way we could understand, and patiently answered all of our many questions. He provided great research material, and was always very responsive to our calls and emails, while we decided on the direction of our project. Ryan, our Project Foreman, and his crew were incredible from start to finish. They were the consummate professionals--on time everyday of the project, respectful of our property, and left our property cleaner than they found it. Ryan took great care to make sure we understood every step of the process, frequently asking us to inspect their work. When something was damaged during the demolition part of the project (as accidents are bound to happen during these kinds of projects), he swiftly took ownership and fixed the problem immediately. We couldn't be happier with the service we received from BQ, Harry and Ryan, and will wholeheartedly recommend them to others (in fact, I already have!).

Description of Work
Waterproofing system installed in full unfinished basement

Category concrete repair, plumbing, basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

Hi! We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company views customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to excellent service. - BQ Basements & Concrete

11/12/2021

Rich Q.

Excellent work. Right after the installation, hurricane Ida hit. Not a drop of water. It all went to the French drain system, if anything penetrated. The smart jacks will prevent further buckling in the house due to secondary settling. Kudos to Andrew Troy and Matt!

Description of Work
French drain, sump, smart jacks to support the first floor, and foundation repair

Category concrete repair, wells, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/12/2021

Hi! We're glad our team was able to show you an awesome experience [Member Information Removed] appreciate your review. We'll be sure to share with each team member! - BQ Basements & Concrete

Bush B.

Work went very well.........no problems

Description of Work
N/A

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Your feedback means a lot to the crews and I will share your review at our next company meeting. Thank you again.

David D.

Good job. Did what they promised, on time and for a reasonable price. Left the area clean and finished off the sections neatly.

Description of Work
Raising concrete sidewalk and patio slab that had sunken down a few inches

Category concrete repair, mudjacking

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share you positive feedback about your experience with BQ. We value and appreciate your business and your feedback and will share it with our team!

Ruggiero N.

This will be the third time out to fix a problem which should have been rectified. They were hurried and left my home a mess. They attempted to rectify but still very disappointing.

Description of Work
N/A

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], We just received this review and we are very confused. We only have one person named [Member Name Removed] in our system and it was someone we provided a basement waterproofing estimate for last August after the big storm. We are committed to providing WOW service to every customer and would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust, but I'm afraid you may have confused us with a different company. Please call me Margaret at 215-233-5107 if I can be of any service. In the meantime, I will contact Angie's List to have them remove this review as we do not have any customers with this name. Thank you and good luck.

SUSAN I.

IT WENT VERY WELL. BQ SYSTEMS RESPONDED QUICKLY TO MY REQUEST ( HAD A NARROW TIME FRAME: HAD TO GET IT FIXED SO I COULD SELL MY HOUSE.) AND THE FOLKS AT BQ SYS. DID EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO HELP ME. THE REPAIR TO THE FOUNDATION WALL WAS COMPLETED IN LESS THAN ONE DAY AT A FAIR PRICE. I AND THE NEW OWNERS ARE VERY HAPPY WITH THE REPAIR!

Description of Work
FOUNDATION REPAIR

Category concrete repair, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us- we value your opinion and will be sure to pass it along at our next team meeting!

Martin F.

Perfect. On time, efficient, polite, exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
Crawl space encapsulation; concrete patio leveling and caulking

Category basement waterproofing, mudjacking, foundation repair

Scott M.

Wonderful would and have told everyone about bq basements

Description of Work
Inside French drain and sump pumps

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

Lauren B.

Awesome! They were responsive and worked quickly. The job was done perfectly and they were priced reasonably!

Description of Work
Leveling and repair of crumbled corner

Category concrete repair, mudjacking, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/11/2020

Elizabeth H.

The BQ team is very responsive and knowledgeable. They did a fantastic job waterproofing my basement. They were very professional and finished the job quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend them for any of your basement waterproofing needs.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Yvette M.

Great company. The guys who came to do the work were great. They all worked together, answered all my questions. They cleaned up and left my home very clean. Definitely would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

Daniel S.

Staff very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. they cleaned up very well and did a great job.

Description of Work
Insulation

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mudjacking

Work Completed On 10/22/2020

James B.

Great company! Great work! Great workers!

Description of Work
Insulation

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 07/27/2020

Mary F.

Pleased with the outcome. Would definitely use again. Would recommend to others.

Description of Work
Cement Leveling

Category mudjacking, foundation repair

Robert C.

Very professional, did a great job leveling parts and sealed my patio

Description of Work
Concrete leveling

Category mudjacking

Josh A.

very professional, kept it as clean as possible

Description of Work
basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

10/08/2020

Richard M.

A representative came to our house and evaluated the damage and amount of work needed. He promised a quote would be sent later that evening. When I did not receive a quote, I called him and left a message on his voicemail. I never from him or from the company . again. I assume the job was too small for them to do profitably. That's OK, but it would have helped me to know that so I could immediately seek another service. Failure to respond is discourteous and it delayed my efforts to get this remediation done.

Description of Work
Replacing insulation around heating ducts that was damaged by water

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

08/13/2020

Andrew A.

No show / no call for estimate. Very disappointed.

Description of Work
Basement Estimate

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

We are so sorry for the negative experience- we strive to provide the best in customer service. According to our system- we have your info but did not have an estimate scheduled. Is there any way we can make an estimate appointment for you in the future? Sorry again for the mixup, I know there was an extreme weather event and we had a huge volume of calls. I'm not sure what happened as I don't have estimate scheduled but it could have slipped through the cracks and we apologize.

03/20/2020

David L.

This wasn’t our best experience. We were having a problem with our sidewalk leading up to the entrance of our house. The slab closest to the porch had sunk about an inch on one corner and was funneling rainwater down to the basement. We contacted four contractors about this problem and decided that concrete leveling was a less expensive solution than replacement. We chose BQ Basement Systems based on their reviews on Angie’s List and their 10-year warranty. The sales rep was polite and recommended leveling the front walk, the sidewalk by the garage, and our front porch. The front walk and garage sidewalk were incorrectly pitched toward the house but we don’t know why the front porch needed leveling. They were also going to caulk several of the sidewalk joints. The leveling process definitely corrected the problems we were having with the sinking concrete and water in the basement. But the workmanship was shoddy and the cleanup afterwards was unacceptable. Some of the holes they drilled were not filled level with the rest of the sidewalk. They dripped some of the chemicals all over the front sidewalk. We realized later that these chemicals stained the sidewalk and cannot be removed. They also managed to spray some of the foam into a flower bed and onto our vinyl siding, again difficult to remove. We ended up calling them 5 times to come and remove the stains and the foam. They did show up but they were completely unsuccessful in resolving the problems. We were able to remove the foam from the vinyl siding ourselves but the stains remain. So now we have level concrete with unsightly stains and it looks horrible. Avoid using this company.

Description of Work
Level a concrete slab on our front sidewalk.

Category basement waterproofing, mudjacking

Work Completed On 07/29/2019

Review for BQ Basements & Concrete - 106 Park Dr, Montgomeryville, PA - 38453702