Keystone Basement Systems & Structural Repair Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since September 2006

ARE YOU READY FOR A BETTER CONTRACTOR? Keystone Basement Systems is the leader in basement transformations, providing personalized, guaranteed solutions for water intrusion, foundation repairs and the creation of functional, beautiful living spaces. WE WILL NEVER PRESSURE YOU! If you are looking for a solution designed by the industry experts, we can help. GUARANTEE “We Warranty Our Systems, We Guarantee Your Satisfaction!”...

Wall Reinforcement

+52 more images

4.4

4.2

basement waterproofing (332)foundation repair (95)well & water pump repair (73)drain pipe installation (61)structural engineering (30)plumbers (30)concrete repair (26)excavating (13)basement remodeling (5)mold removal (11)interior painting (2)fireplace services (2)

09/15/2022

David B.

I was contacted twice before the installation date to confirm my project. I received another phone call the day of the installation. The two men, Daniel and Dominick, explained what was going to be done and were professional the entire day. The concrete slab was leveled with the front porch and looked as good as new. All joints in the driveway were cleaned, filled and sealed. The project was completed on time and at a reasonable cost. Great job!

Description of Work
Concrete leveling and driveway joint sealing

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 09/14/2022

Thank you very much for this kind review. We are lucky to have Daniel and Domenic on our team. Thank you for spotlighting their hard work.

07/29/2021

Leonard R.

Along with other work, we had one of our foundation walls completely rebuilt by Keystone about 7 years ago and although no water was leaking in, I became concerned about two long hairline cracks that I noticed. I called the company office, explained my issue and a date was scheduled to have a technician check the wall. Barry was dispatched, arrived on time, and I showed him the areas that I was concerned about. He felt that these were cracks due to settling, ground them out and filled them with new mortar. During the process, he fully explained what he was doing and that he was going to install "Crack Monitors" on each area. These would be checked periodically to ensure that these were truly due to settling and not pressure from the outside bowing the foundation. Barry also told me that if bowing was actually happening, carbon fiber straps would be installed, at no charge, to stabilize the wall. I would like to give a shout out to Barry, who was very thorough, professional, and a wealth of information. Also to Keystone, who was very responsive to my concern. The only negative I would add is that the company warranty stipulates that every 5 years someone would be out to inspect their work; I had to remind them that this was overdue, but Barry also took care of it while he was on site.

Description of Work
Inspection of hairline cracks in foundation wall built by Keystone.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

Thank you very much for the kind review. Aaron Stull, President

03/15/2021

Chris G.

I was interested in having Keystone provide an assessment and quote for basement waterproofing project. I was called by a very pleasant person to make the appointment. Unfortunately, they scheduler would not allow me to make an appointment without my spouse present. I stated that this is unacceptable due to our schedules, and they kept pushing and finally would not make an appointment for us. I do not appreciate these high pressure sales techniques, which have even been called out by angies list( [*** Link removed ***] In all fairness, many other companies we contacted have employed the same technique with differing levels of conviction.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing assessment/quote

Work Completed On 03/14/2021

03/05/2021

Jesse F.

Unfortunately, what started as a very positive experience has turned into a very negative experience. Keystone Basement Systems did not correctly diagnose the source of the pooling water in my basement. A drainage and pump system was installed, only to find that the real issue was a pinhole leak in one of my pipes.

Description of Work
Keystone Misdiagnosed the

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

12/04/2020

Ken B.

french drain and sump pump installed. didn't stop the seepage but the moisture did collect in the sump (not enough for the pump to run). wall still seeps, mold still grows, but the floor is dry. dehumidifier added, works well as it does pull humidity from the air. not the best outcome for my problem. caution - make sure the 'cure' is fully explaind as to what it will/won't do for your problem. I may have misunderstood their solution.

Description of Work
water seepage, block wall, mold growth. 7' wall, seepage starts around the 5' level. wanted the seepage to be stopped.

Work Completed On 03/03/2017

10/03/2020

Ken B.

Drain and sump pump installed under concrete floor. Seepage continued, barely wet the sump pump well. Dehumidifier was provided which kept the area dry. Seepage continues. Works but not what I expected. Unable to paint the wall.

Description of Work
Stop basement wall water seepage

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

Review for Keystone Basement Systems & Structural Repair Inc - 205 31st Street, Mckeesport, PA - 38923464

08/14/2020

Ken B.

Their solution was to install a sump pump with perimeter drainage into the sump. Not exactly what I wanted nor did it do anything to eliminate the seepage - mold continues to grow. Called them twice requesting one of their technicians to view my situation to suggest a solution to the problem. I made two phone calls and was told twice that someone would contact me shortly. The last call was four days ago, and have never received a callback, either time. Their warranty states "KEYSTONE BASEMENT SYSTEMS IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING THE HIGHEST QUALITY SERVICE POSSIBLE TO ENSURE THE WORK PERFORMED EXCEEDS CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS." Do NOT believe this! Call someone else. They make and list a number of waterproofing solutions, but apparently take the shortest (and possibly) most expensive option. $2722.83 paid, unsatisfactory solution, a sump pump that never turns on, and a drain line that remains perfectly dry. Not a business to hire, certainly not for waterproofing.

Description of Work
Basement room housing a well had walls seeping moisture. Wanted the seepage stopped since there was mold build-up.

Cost $2,722.83

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Review for Keystone Basement Systems & Structural Repair Inc - 205 31st Street, Mckeesport, PA - 38798013

06/19/2020

Dina D.

Got an estimate from Brian, he was very professional and courteous. He was willing to work with the pricing and provide answers to all of my questions and concerns. Their product seems better than the others that i received estimates from.

Description of Work
Got an estimate

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Thank you very much for the kind review.

06/16/2020

Jason S.

I wanted to wait until the system was up and running for a month before submitting a review. We had an annoying amount of water coming into our basement and garage after every rain event. I called multiple companies to provide quotes, and Keystone was recommended by a neighbor. Brian came to our house to an in-person inspection, was extremely professional, and quickly provided us with an estimate that was slightly less than the other companies, but for a much higher quality product. The install team lead by Chris was also quick and professional, completing the work within the estimated schedule. The system works perfectly, pumping over 1,000 gallons the first day! Daily average on the PumpSpy app is 300+gallons/day since installation. Glad to have a system installed. Thanks again to Brian, Chris, and the Keystone team.

Description of Work
Interior French drain, I-beam supports

Category basement waterproofing, wells, mold removal, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/04/2020

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate it.

04/21/2020

Linda L.

Excellent sales, installation, and follow up. Excellent pump a d back up system.

Description of Work
Internal basement drainage. System

Work Completed On 04/21/2020

Thank you very much for this review. We appreciate your business.

11/21/2019

Debra C.

If you are looking for a first-rate company to install a French drain, sump pump and outdoor water management system, you should call Keystone Basement Systems. My basement water problems were complicated to me but not to Jeff M., Inspector, who thoroughly explained how things would work. Jeff M. did an excellent job reviewing the contract and payment plan financing options with GreenSky. I was relieved to find the cost so reasonable and warranty transferable within 60 days upon sale of the house. Keystone really does a great job of laying out their waterproofing concept without all the elaborate slide presentations and slick customer brochures. Jeff M. was pleasant, patient and honest which convinced me that I could trust Keystone Basement Systems to do the job right and they did! Dewey, Job Foreman, was great in seeing that his “crew of two” – Devin and J.T. worked expertly to get my French Drain, sump pump and outside water management systems installed timely and correctly. These guys rocked and got the job done in about 2 ½ days! Many thanks to Dewey, Devin and J.T. who worked diligently and kept me informed of their progress. When the job was finished they left the basement and my yard very clean. I love the technology this company uses. The PumpSky Pumping Station is slick with remote monitoring via Wi-Fi. To be able to check the sump pump from my iPhone PumpSky App is awesome and adds to my peace of mind. What an innovative set up to monitor a sump pump! Whoever thinks this stuff up at Keystone makes sure it works and notifies you if it doesn’t. What I love the most is having a dry basement. Hallelujah! I never thought I’d see the day when no water comes creeping in my basement but Keystone Basement Systems made it happen. It’s a beautiful day in my neighborhood so give Keystone a try to make a difference in yours!

Description of Work
Sump pump, internal French drain and external water management system

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

10/06/2019

Deb W.

Due to a natural spring near the corner of the addition to my house I had Keystone Basement systems install an interior French drain and sump pump in my basement. They kept things as clean as possible given that they were drilling into and hauling concrete. I have a unique situation with my downspouts and outdoor drains, and Keystone was able to work with my existing piping to save me some money. The sump has been working perfectly through several heavy storms, as well as handling the everyday water output from the natural spring. I was pleased with their service and would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Interior French Drain and Sump Pump

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/06/2019

Member, Thank you for the kind words. We really appreciate it.

09/20/2019

Joe G.

In August Keystone Basement Systems & Structural Repair Inc. installed a steel-beam wall repair and interior drainage system which I described in a previous 5-star review. In short, all went well, my wife and I were very happy with the management (Aaron), the crew (Josh and Robert) and the work itself. But then a week or so later we got a big rainstorm. I was very disappointed to find water puddles stemming from the new drainage system. So I emailed Aaron. He immediately replied saying "we will get to the bottom of this [problem]". A day later, Renae Taylor (Head of Service) called and set up an appointment for Chuck A. to access the situation. Chuck showed up, diagnosed the problem and set a day to come and fix it. Chuck A. came and fixed, what to me looked like a two-day project, all in one day, all by himself. It was pretty impressive work. He's a great guy too! Keystone Basement Systems & Structural Repair Inc. stands by their work! From my experience with them, the warranty included in the project is as good as gold!

Description of Work
Drainage System Warranty Work

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

Thank you so much for the great review. We really appreciate your business and the kind words. Sincerely, Aaron Stull, President

09/19/2019

Michael C.

Mike was very honest with what he saw with what was going on. It may not be a basement leak after all. I appreciated his honesty with presenting all my options but not pushing me to buy anything I did not need.

Description of Work
Got a basement assessment

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Thank you so much for the review. I will thank Mike personally. Sincerely, Aaron Stull, President

09/14/2019

MOHAMED D.

I just had structural repair done in my basement along with installation of a waterproofing system. From beginning to end I was very impressed with Keystone and their employees. Scott M. was our inspector, he was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process. Due to the extensive issues with my basement, alot of thought went into my decision on how much work to get done and who to have perform the work. I did have other companies visit for quotes. Scott made multiple trips to my house upon my request to go over the services , warranties, process, etc and answered every question/concern I had prior to me making any financial obligation to the company. I was very impressed by his dedication to the customer and he was very key in my decision to choose Keystone. Tony was our foreman for the job, he and his crew did an excellent job and were also very friendly / helpful with the questions I had. There are few things as stressful as seeing water getting into your basement and moreso the foundation of your home compromised, but Keystone really worked with me on this and helped ease my stress. My basement walls definitely look much better and have the support they need. Of course it's too early for me to comment on the effectiveness of the repair work, only time will tell. I really hope I do not have to edit this review sometime down the road, but between all the great reviews I have read on Keystone and my positive experience with its employees I am quite confident I will not need to. 5/5 for sure.

Description of Work
Structural Repair , Installation of internal french drain

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

Thank you so very much for your review and your business. Sincerely, Aaron Stull, President

08/23/2019

Joe G.

From the free estimate to the completion of the project everything went great and even better than expected. Aaron came to the house with a fair and detailed cost quote. He was knowledgeable, friendly and professional. We accepted the project proposal and work began on August 20th, 2019. Josh and Robert showed up on time and ready to work. They are great guys and very professional. No nonsense, just hard workers, yet working with a smile. They knew exactly what to do and wasted no time doing it. They happily answered any and all questions that we asked. Each day they left the basement very clean and tidy. The wall was fixed and the drain system seems to be effective. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Steel beam repair of the basement wall, sump pump and drainage system

Category basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/23/2019

It was our pleasure to treat you fairly and honestly and solve your basement issues. Sincerely, Aston Stull - President

07/26/2019

Wanda R.

Every went perfectly. Charles showed up exactly at the appointed time. He explained everything he was going to do then repeated it entirely to my husband who arrived a few minutes later. The work was done very quickly and neatly. Charles stated he didn't mind if we wanted to watch. Any questions were answered without hesitation. All in all a good experience.

Description of Work
Replace rusting basement support post.

Category concrete repair, structural engineer

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

Thank you for the kind review of our work

07/21/2019

Bruce H.

I actually had two jobs done — waterproofing and finishing. Though expensive, the waterproofing was done quickly, efficiently and well. The problem is they cover the walls with a sheet of heavy plastic that only goes part way up, hangs loosely and is ugly. So, I decided I needed to cover it with drywall. Thinking I would get the same efficiency and quality as I did with the waterproofing, I accepted the extra cost and contracted with Keystone to do the finishing. I as wrong. It was a disaster. They didn’t even get started on the project until four months after I signed the contract, and then they only assigned one person to the job and he was apparently working on a couple of other jobs at the same time, so that his hours actually working on my basement were unpredictable at best. As a result, the project drug out for three weeks (instead of the one that they told me) and the costs (it was a time and material contract – watch out for that!) kept adding on. When the job was still not done after three weeks and a few thousand extra dollars, I terminated the contract. So even after all that, it’s still not done, and I have to figure out how to finish it myself. This is absolutely the worst experience I have ever had with a contractor. The project took way too long, cost way too much and is still not done, solely due to the inefficiency of the company. What’s worse, they don’t seem to care.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing and Finishing

Category basement waterproofing, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

Member, It is true that there were issues on your project. That said, we were involved constantly with this matter. We obviously care. Jim and Charles were out on numerous occasions. In fact, we continued to work on this matter until you halted the project.

07/04/2019

Leslie M.

Scott Mc our sales person did a good job of explaining things. I like a sales person that educates me on what they offer, tells me about several options and isn't heavy handed! That is what Scott did. He followed up and addressed every issue along the way. Josh E was very responsive and followed through. The best part of this kind of work is the front end of the sale - but in this case the work was amazing. Three professional workers - lead by Josh #2 worked SO HARD - in hot conditions and even through rain and kept a smile on their faces and addressed all my little worries along the way very knowledgeabley and professionally. We broke the job into two parts to install some plumbing and they worked well figuring out that step too. oh and by the way MY BASEMENT IS DRY!

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

Member, Thank you very much for the review of Scott McGregor and of our company. I will be certain to thank him personally. Sincerely, Aaron Stull, President

05/10/2019

Eileen S.

Renae was attentive to my desperate plea to solve the stink in my house. She is terrific!

Description of Work
Joshua and his crew did an awesome job opening up the floor around the original pit that was installed in 2014. It proved that the nasty sewer smell in my basement is not a result of the French drain they put in.

Category basement waterproofing

I am very grateful for the review and I thank you for your business. Sincerely, Aaron Stull, President

04/08/2019

Patrice L.

We hired Keystone Basement Systems to install an internal French drain in our basement that ran along the perimeter of three walls (68 lineal feet total). The work included the French drain, installation of a sump pump system, and finishing work: replacing framing and insulation, rewiring, new dry wall with taping/finishing, painting, etc. Overall, we were very pleased with the quality and performance of Keystone’s work. Installation of the French drain was completed quickly, in a professional and timely manner; and their team of workers were dependable, professional, highly skilled, and hardworking. Their attention to detail, and not cutting corners, was specifically noted and appreciated. From start to finish, Keystone’s business practices were exemplary. It was a pleasure dealing with all of Keystone’s representatives who were involved in the job – including Keystone’s job inspector, estimator, designer, and lead carpenter. Keystone should take great pride in its employees and each one’s level of competence!

Description of Work
Basement French drain and sump pump

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. As the owner of Keystone, I am pleased to read that all of our team members impressed you from start to finish. Thank you for the review and thank you for your business. Aaron Stull, President

03/12/2019

Jon N.

They got back promptly to say they don't do this work

Description of Work
sewer lateral replacement

Work Completed On 03/12/2019