Spadafora Custom Concrete

Founded 1999 • With Angi since January 2013

Concrete contractor with over 20 years experience. Customers or future customers of Spadafora Concrete, What to expect from a Spadafora job. 1. 10 to 12 inch dig out of dirt or concrete. 2. 4 to 5 inches of compacted base fill. 3. Forms and layout to be inspected by owner and ok given before pour. 4. 6 inches concrete poured fiber and wire through concrete rods where needed/expansions and controll job installed to specs. 5. Properly placed and cured concrete and then sealed, this is a very important 2 step process. Cannot be acheived by just sealing. 6. Job will then be cleaned up in a professional and workman like manner. 7. Customer will then fill out a satisfaction sheet letting us know how we did. Workmanship warranty! Any workmanship errors will be fixed! Any major defects will be replaced. If any crack were to take place ( chances are at only 10% ) the number is based over many years and many jobs. These cracks will be repaired, provided they were not caused by a large vehicle or machine that was driven over concrete ( meaning 10 tons or more). Things customers should know about their concrete job. 1. Keep oversized trucks or machines off concrete. 2. Concrete needs to be sealed every year, this will add life to your investment if done correctly. 3. Most importantly, do not add salt or any de-icing products on concrete. Cat litter, sand, or black beauty will help with traction. A shovel will protect your investment! 4. Make sure to hire a company who carries proper insurance and workers compensation and has a strong reputation. Thank you from Spadafora Custom Concrete!...

Pool

+82 more images

stamped concrete (52)concrete repair (48)concrete driveways (25)Patios (22)excavating (8)decks & porches (5)hardscaping (4)lawn & landscaping (2)

01/28/2020

John A.

Although there was a month or more delay from the initial estimated start date, once they began work, the job was completed in a timely manner. Considering that I paid more for this project than other estimates I received, I do feel it was worth the additional cost. The workmanship and attention to detail was excellent - thicker concrete and more expansion joints than others I've observed, and a willingness and responsiveness by the owner and team to address any concerns and questions I had to insure I felt good about the end result. Additionally, a curing agent and a sealer were used to complete the job that no other contractor mentioned in their estimates or in neighborhood jobs I've observed. The owner showed much concern for the quality of workmanship his team produced and was on site a lot of the time. I usually do not feel comfortable paying a higher cost for work, but felt it was worth it for this project. One note - a topical sealer was used for the curing and sealing and, with a sloped driveway and brushed finish, the driveway can be slippery in wet and snowy conditions. I am hopeful that next year a pressure wash and applying a penetrating sealer will remedy this situation. Still, I prefer the curing and sealing to preserve the concrete to water curing or doing nothing at all.

Description of Work
Replace Asphalt drive way and steps with concrete driveway and steps

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

01/05/2020

Brian C.

Spadafora was excellent. They came up with creative solutions to difficult grading issues and far surpassed our expectations for this project.

Description of Work
Replace retaining wall, pour concrete steps and stamped concrete patio.

Category hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

Review for Spadafora Custom Concrete - 1433 Chartiers Ave Ext, MCKEES ROCKS, PA - 38315056

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the work!

12/17/2019

Diane A.

Our house is nearly 100 years old and we did makeshift repairs to the front steps for years hoping to avoid the cost of replacement. For the past several years I looked for reliable contractors and met with them to determine who was best able to do the job without damaging the porch's foundation. They were all "iffy" about costs and scheduling with some of them uncertain as to whether or not the railings could be repaired or replaced and I didn't feel comfortable without an itemized work order which most of the contractors I spoke with refused to provide. But then I called Spadadora and they scheduled a home visit right away. Within a couple of days I was sent a contract that made the proposed work scope very clear. They actually ended up as the high bidder but after speaking with them I was confident that this was a quality contractor that was not going to rip up the front of my house, ruin the lawn, skimp on materials and leave the job half finished. The other thing I noticed that was great is that this crew is really into team work. They did not have to use a jack hammer for the demolition and when they removed the old steps it went seamlessly. Harry Spadafora came out to supervise the pouring as well and the pouring was accomplished expeditiously. Not only does the crew work well together - they are exceptionally neat. I also had some pointing done on the front porch. Steve was great on the pointing. He matched the existing mortar very well. I wish I could have had more pointing done but I had to move onto other home repairs. In short, these guys are great - they'll work with you on scheduling and they don't fool around. Harry responds to phone calls and texts right away and will answer any questions you may have. I'm very pleased with their work and I wouldn't hesitate to have them do other work for me in the future.

Description of Work
Demolished and replaced front porch steps

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

Thank you very much! We love to hear from our satisfied customers.

09/17/2019

Kathy L.

TOP-NOTCH, PROFESSIONAL, CRAFTSMAN WORKMANSHIP AND A TEAM THAT GETS IT DONE RIGHT! BEAUTIFUL FINAL PRODUCT, WITH 100% CLEANUP TO BOOT! I WILL BE REFERRING HARRY TO EVERYONE I KNOW. MY PROPERTY VALUE JUST SKYROCKETED!

Description of Work
4-car driveway, steps, patio, sidewalk repair

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, patios

Work Completed On 09/12/2019

Review for Spadafora Custom Concrete - 1433 Chartiers Ave Ext, MCKEES ROCKS, PA - 38116043

06/22/2019

John F.

In a word, the work was fabulous. Harry and his team were exceptional in every aspect of the work that was done. The quote was spot on and the craftsmanship that went into each of the tasks was without equal. We basically used three different surfaces, normal, exposed aggregate, and stamped with color for the job. The stamped coupled with the exposed aggregate turned out to really highlight and accentuate our driveway. I’ve attached photos. Unique about the way that Harry operates is a refreshing “old school” approach. The customer gets what he wants from Harry and he won’t leave until you are happy. Because of this the guy is in high demand and a wait may be required. The wait is worth it!

Description of Work
Front sidewalk, driveway and sidewalk to the front entrance were all replaced.

Category concrete driveways, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 06/22/2019

Review for Spadafora Custom Concrete - 1433 Chartiers Ave Ext, MCKEES ROCKS, PA - 37944767

04/26/2019

Maria R.

Spadafora Custom Concrete was professional from beginning to end. They were responsive when I requested a quote, and prompt to schedule my job. They were on the job when they said they would be, and worked on a Saturday to get started. I would definitely work with them again, and recommend their services.

Description of Work
curb cut and parking pad

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

04/22/2019

MARY ANN K.

They were only ones that responded when we stated that it was a small job. They came gave us a price and did the job well.

Description of Work
Replaced concrete pad in driveway

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

04/21/2019

Dominic A.

Harry Spadafora's team was very organized and professional. Harry personally oversaw that the job was being done properly. His whole team was very friendly towards our family and greeted us every day as we watched the progress of the job. All of his workers were very experienced and were able to answer all of our questions fully. We would recommend Spadafora Custom Concrete to anyone looking for quality work.

Description of Work
Replace asphalt driveway with new concrete driveway

Work Completed On 04/21/2019

03/28/2019

Emily W.

Nick, Stevie, Billy and Ty worked at our house for 5 days, start to finish, and transformed the front of our house. Our retaining wall had fallen in the heavy rain this winter, and now it's more beautiful than ever before. Harry, the owner of the business, came to the house every day before the guys left for the day, and updated us on their progress. The guys were professional, punctual and nice to have around! Although it was an expensive job, we were thrilled with the final product and feel our money was invested very well.

Description of Work
New retaining wall

Category hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

Review for Spadafora Custom Concrete - 1433 Chartiers Ave Ext, MCKEES ROCKS, PA - 37787450

12/05/2018

Charles S.

Job was performed on a timely basis and met all of my expectations. Harry does quality work and backs it up. He installed my new sidewalk. The sidewalk was sealed and looked terrific. During the middle of the night a suspected drunk driver took out my mailbox and damaged my brand new sidewalk. Before the police were able to contact the driver, (whose car was still in my yard), Harry said he would make me whole. Harry did not know if the driver had car insurance or not. The damaged part of the new sidewalk was replaced right before Thanksgiving and sealed the next warm day. It looks terrific once again. I did not provide cost information because of a lack of competitive bids. I did not get bids from other contractors.

Description of Work
Installation of New Concrete Sidewalk

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

10/18/2018

Teresa L.

Extremely well. Harry kept in close contact throughout the project. He came when he said he would and was prompt. Harry is very knowledgeable about concrete & concentrates on providing a high quality service. He guided us when we were planning this project - pointing out what would work, what would not work and why. I feel it was important to be patient during this major project in order to receive the best end product. Weather considerations can interfere with timeliness of completion of concrete projects, so you have to be patient in order to get the best results. I believe Harry will stand behind his work, as long as you listen to him and take care of your concrete as directed. Harry has a great crew who are friendly, fun, hardworking & knowledgeable. I could not be happier about hiring Spadafora Custom Concrete & I highly recommend them. Word of advise - let them do the job right by not pressuring them to get it done fast. Quality takes time!

Description of Work
Replace & enlarge driveway Expand patio

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, landscaping, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 09/12/2018

Review for Spadafora Custom Concrete - 1433 Chartiers Ave Ext, MCKEES ROCKS, PA - 37482724

10/15/2018

Bernard M.

If you need any type of concrete work done call Harry Spadafora. I recently had his company install a new 2 car driveway and walkway. Harry is very professional, knowledgeable and trustworthy. He does his very best even while dealing with unpredictable weather conditions. I will definitely use Spadafora Concrete for any future concrete needs. Bernie Miklos

Description of Work
Replace old Driveway and Walkway.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

10/10/2018

david S.

My driveway, walls, steps and walkway look amazing! Harry Spadafora and his crew are the best. I am constantly getting compliments from people who are walking or driving by. Harry and his crew are hard working, very professional, polite, and answer all your questions and concerns. Harry is very diligent and takes his work very seriously and with a lot of pride. He constantly keeps you informed about how things are going and what's happening next or during weather delays. I would highly recommend Spadafora Custom Concrete for any and all concrete and retaining wall jobs you have.

Description of Work
retaining walls, driveway, steps, walkway, front stoop

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

10/08/2018

Kevin S.

Harry and his crew did an outstanding job! Jordan gave us a thorough bid. Even though it was the highest of the three bids we got, I felt that he did a complete evaluation of the job and he listened carefully to all of our requirements and questions. They provided a list of local jobs they’d completed so that we could take a look at their finished jobs. Harry’s crew worked hard to complete the job and do it right. They even came in on the weekend to do the finishing touches. Harry worked closely with us on our choices of stamping and color, and provided good advice on which colors to avoid because of fading and durability. I’d be happy to hire them again and would not hesitate to recommend Spadafora Custom Concrete for your project. Kevin in McCandless.

Description of Work
We needed a front sidewalk put in from the driveway/mailbox to the front door. In addition, a 4x10 patch on the back patio where a sewer line was excavated.

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

10/02/2018

Jeannette C.

The job progressed exactly as described. I was asked to review progress every step along the way. Questions were answered quickly and politely.

Description of Work
Harry Spadafora removed old damaged sidewalk, and poured and finished a new sidewalk that is now wheelchair accessible.

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

08/13/2018

Carol R.

It went really well. Harry and his crew worked hard, worked professionally, and did a beautiful job. From the initial estimate to the finished job, I was impressed by the pride with which Harry approached the work. I had several other estimates, and although theirs was about &500 more than the others, I was convinced that this would be additional money well-spent. It was. I highly recommend Harry and his crew for a job well-done.

Description of Work
Replace 4 sections of my driveway and rebuild a catch basin.

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

07/25/2018

Mike L.

Harry and team went above and beyond to ensure that I was happy and got a quality product. He and his team (and his young sons) are a pleasure to work with. He is an upstanding person who gives you a fair price. They worked hard and well into the night and on weekends to ensure a quality job, even though I encouraged them to go home! He will even give me some leftover stone to add to the back of my house so that my house is finished properly with the patio. Good help is hard to find. I have very high expectations for my contractors so trust me when I say that you will absolutely be happy with Harry and his team!

Description of Work
Large new custom concrete patio - exposed aggregate

Category stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 07/06/2018

Thank you very Much! You guys where great

06/20/2018

Sharon G.

Excellent! Me Spadafora and his crew were always on time, worked continuously, were precise in their measurements and took our considerations and "fixes" seriously. Our questions were answered and work done on time. Best workmanship I've had done!!! We're are having further concrete work done by Mr Spadafora.

Description of Work
Removal of old stairs leading up to front of house. Replacement of stairs and handrails and leveling of walkway.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 06/20/2018

Review for Spadafora Custom Concrete - 1433 Chartiers Ave Ext, MCKEES ROCKS, PA - 37169876

06/18/2018

Sam E.

Harry met with us and suggested solutions to specific problems. His estimate was specific and covered all work. Workers arrived early each morning and did great work. They cleaned up after themselves, and answered any questions we had gladly. When unforseen problems came up, they were taken care of. No hidden charges. At all times, Harry and his staff were professional and hardworking, And, the work is beautiful. A great experience.

Description of Work
Paving of driveway and sidewalk

Category concrete driveways

Work Completed On 06/18/2018

04/19/2018

tom D.

Spadafora came out to look at them. He said he would call me with the estimate but he never did. I called him back and left a message and never heard from him. I'm thinking he isn't capable of doing a simple steps replacement.

Description of Work
Needed front steps replaced.

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 04/19/2018

[Member Name Removed] very sorry that your call was not returned fast enough! I did call and leave a message.Also we are very busy and behind schedule,we are busy because we do very honest good work that takes time , Based on this review I will leave contract and prices with all customers so we can eliminate this problem in the future.Also it's a unfair statement to say that I do not understand step layout based on you not receiving a fast callback.But I am glad we can recognize a mistake like this rather than me giving a cheap price and doing a bad job! Rushing any part of a concrete job including a price is a sign of inexperience.We like to avoid this.Thank you for your input we can use it to create a great experience for other customers!Have a great year!Hope you find a great Concrete contractor! We give it are very best to keep a good reputation for Angie's List

01/19/2018

John H.

It went great! Stamped concrete was a new area for me and Harry was very helpful. Provided brochures and took my spouse and I around to see various jobs he has done, discussed stamp options, colors and possible design alternatives. Color selection was of concern to us because of cases we heard of where the end result did not come close to matching the small color samples in the product brochures. He suggested colors that might match well and pointed us to local suppliers and encouraged that we talk to them to help with color options/combinations. Harry made sure we liked our decisions and when the concrete was mixed, poured and finished, he ensured a good color match! Harry showed a genuine interest in making sure you are happy with your design decisions, and did not hurry us to make a decision quickly. He and his team were quick, efficient, and neat when doing the work. We are very happy with the results and highly recommend his company.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 9'x13' front concrete porch and 5 steps

Category concrete driveways, stamped concrete, patios

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

12/04/2017

DANIEL W.

Never received estimate. Originally contacted via Angie's List Sept 4 to request estimate, and was told it would be done. Re-contacted October 16 to ask for estimate and again told it would be done soon. Never received estimate.

Description of Work
replacement of brick steps with stamped concrete

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

Once again I am sorry we have a very busy schedule! Thank you for your input we will try to work on response time!