Guardian Home Improvements LLC

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2012

460 Veit Rd Ste F

Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006

Our primary business is general contracting for home owners, specializing in work authorized by the insurance company after a covered loss from storm damage. Guardian is a group of individuals that bring a combined 100 years of experience in selling, managing, and installing all the services we provide. We specialize in roofing, siding, and gutters, but our team will discuss any job you wish to complete with satisfaction guaranteed! Additional emails - robert@guardianstormrepair.com, jon@guardianstormrepair.com....

06/06/2019

William S.

Our experience with Guardian has been nothing but exceptional. From the beginning they insured that our home was safe from additional damage by covering exposed areas of the roof until the insurance company could coordinate with Guardian. Guardian was there to coordinate with our insurance company adjuster and make sure all the local code requirements to install the new roof were met. The materials used are top notch, giving us an ice and water shield and a 50 year warranty on the roof, that will long out last us. During the roof install the crew was here early, covered all the bushes and shrubs, worked quickly and efficiently, and were finished by mid-afternoon. They made sure all debris and nails were picked up like they were never here. These guys know what they are doing and are professional and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone that I know.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the amazing review. It was a pleasure working with you and helping you out through the entire process & project. Thank you again

06/03/2019

Jennifer R.

While I appreciate Guardian Home Improvements helping us get our new siding, there was a lack of communication, which ultimately led to a rippling side wall on our home. They did come out and try to fix it, however, it was unable to be corrected. If this issue was addressed in the beginning, we wouldn’t have had this unfortunate result.

Description of Work
New Siding

05/21/2019

martin R.

After the last windstorm we lost a great deal of our roof shingles. I contacted Guardian and Robert came out and inspected the damage. He spent a great amount of time explaining the process and the system they use for roofing. He also offered to assist us and guide us through the ordeal of dealing with insurance companies. Throughout, Robert and Jon in the office were always in contact with us to keep us informed. When the time came for the installation I was really impressed. The crew showed up at 7 AM and went to work stripping the old roof. The whole time there was an individual on the ground constantly cleaning the debris. I pointed out several of our prized landscape items and they were extremely careful not to disturb them. they even pointed out an issue with the construction and came up with a solution to correct it. I was surprised with the speed with which they completed the job. They also cleaned up the area so well that you wouldn't even know that we had a new roof put on. This is a company that I will have no reservation recommending to anyone who asks.

Description of Work
New Roof and Gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure working with you.

04/22/2019

christine C.

Saturday morning, we experienced our first homeownership nightmare. Water was dripping through the molding of our pull-down, attic stairs. The attic was a complete mess. There was a ton of water and we were horrified. We could see the sky through our attic ceiling! I had no idea what to do. I reached out to Guardian Home Improvement. They walked me through what to do for a variety of scenarios and laid out the pros and cons of each. Once we decided the plan that worked best for us, they had a crew at our house in 3 hours. The crew was quick to assess the situation. They worked meticulously to repair our roof.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure working with you! I'm glad that we could help in your time of need!

02/28/2018

Eric W.

Everyone at Guardian was easy to work with. Talented, professional and fast installers. Top quality materials. I got a new roof and gutters for the cost of my insurance deductible. I would 100% recommend Guardian.

Description of Work
Hail damage to roof and gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

We strive to satisfy every client and make the claims process as easy as possible. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and for the recommendation!

02/23/2018

Carl J.

Highly quality product with exceptionally professional crews and high quality craftsmanship. On time, clean, thorough! Delivered as promised and on time. I highly recommend this business.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review. It was a pleasure to work with you.

01/18/2018

Peter P.

My sales rep's knowledge of the process and the quality of materials used was excellent. Great level of communication with the office and the installation and clean up afterward went smoothly. Also, the crew was very organized and prompt, very important to me. I would highly recommend Guardian Home Improvements to others seeking a roof repair and/or replacement.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement, installation and clean up afterward

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Guardian Home Improvements. We are glad to hear you were pleased with every aspect of the project from start to finish and appreciate the opportunity to work with you!

Jamie S.

Amazing! I couldn't believe how fast it was done and the results were amazing. They totaled transformed our home.

Description of Work
Roofing and siding

Category roofing, siding, skylights

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for the great review. It was a pleasure to work with you on your project...

Landis G.

Excellent service, knowledgeable personnel, fair pricing and most importantly got the roof replacement done in 1 day.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Ed P.

Guardian was fantastic! Communication was great from the beginning. Mike (Sales Rep) was in constant communication. He checked in before the work and after the work was completed. The company sent a large crew that was able to complete the job in one day vice three or four days which some neighbors had to endure. Workmanship was excellent and clean up was superb.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement.

Dennis R.

They explained in advance how and when the job would be performed. To my amazement they completed the job quicker than expected. All debris were removed. I didn't have to do anything! This is what you would expect from a first class company!

Description of Work
Remove and replace roof

Thank you, I'm glad we exceeded your expectations!

09/07/2017

Narayan A.

They replaced my roof after a hailstorm in June. Zev is the guy we worked with. They replaced my roof in one and they did a great job. Zev is very professional and always responding in time. I would recommend this company for roof replacement.

Description of Work
Roof was replaced

Thank you, for your kind words and recommendation!

03/31/2017

WILLIAM K.

You can tell a true" Professional Company "not by how things go without a problem. But how they remedy an unfortunate error ".GUARDIAN IS THAT KIND OF CO," I highly recommend them . A totally trust worthy operation. !!!! David , the service rep. was professional , polite ,understanding.

Description of Work
Complete roof shingle replacement and leaders and gutters

08/29/2016

Christopher E.

Very well. Professional and quality work was done. There was a mixup on the scheduling, but the project was done well. Zev was a good guy to have as the point person.

Description of Work
Roofing replacement

07/01/2016

Andrew M.

Guardian Home Improvements did an outstanding job with the repairs to our home. The process was very easy - and Guardian helped us through each step. Guardian worked closely with our insurance company, independent adjuster, and crew once the repairs were approved. Zev was our Guardian representative and was a tremendous advocate for our family. He made sure we received the necessary repairs to our home and that the work was started as quickly as possible.. The crew did an incredible job and worked very quickly, professionally, and kept us informed throughout the job. I was especially impressed with all of the finish details the crew installed to make the new siding, shutters, and gutters look amazing. They were also very thorough in their cleanup each night and made sure our home and yard were safe for our kids while they worked. I would highly recommend Guardian Home Improvements to anyone who has a property claim. Thanks Guardian!

Description of Work
Wind Damage Property Claim to exterior of home - Removed old siding, shutters, and gutters. Replaced with new vinyl siding, shutters, and gutters. Complete with all necessary trim work, window/end capping, soffits, and repair to minor wood damage/rot.

06/28/2016

lindsey H.

Working with Guardian and Zev Guttman was incredibly easy right from the start. We spoke with Zev within hours of our damage happening and within less than a month our house was completely redone. He helped in every aspect from speaking with the insurance adjustor to checking in when the work was being done. He was incredibly responsive helpful and professiona. Guardians crew was completely professional and meticulous. They left no detail unturned and our siding looks better than it did in the first place. We would strongly recommend Guardian.

Description of Work
Replaced siding and metal capping on our entire house after storm damage.

06/24/2016

Vicki R.

Our highest recommendations for Guardian Home Improvements based on their recent installation of a new roof on our house. My wife wanted an unconventional color (green) and they provided us with a large sample board that we could place on the roof to get a clear idea of the color and addresses of other houses in the area with the same color that we could visit before making a final decision. The time from signing the contract to installation of the new roof was fast and the installation team was professional and meticulous with their installation and clean-up. Details that really impressed me included the wood blocks they placed under the dumpster to protect the driveway, the escort they provided to get us in and out of the house safely, and the spotless clean-up. The team was careful to work around the landscaping so the flowers and bushes were unscathed. Guardian made this home improvement project as simple as possible and we would definitely work with them again for future projects. Many thanks!!!!

Description of Work
Installed a new roof on my house.

06/23/2016

Frank F.

Once I submitted the insurance claim, Zev Guttman handled getting the job specs and collecting the data that the office would need in order to develop the estimate for my insurance company. Zev did such a great job that my insurance company gave us the approval to move ahead within a couple of days of receiving the cost estimates. Jon handled the scheduling and worked with us to work around our work schedules. We had a period where it rained almost every day for two weeks and our siding project kept getting pushed back. Jon let us know regularly where the project stood. The communication could not have been better. Jack and Ever’s roof crew draped tarps over the edge of the roof to prevent debris from hitting the house and cleaned up all the old roofing shingles, nails and anything else that didn’t belong in the yard. We have a small dog and a small child so it was important that they be thorough in their clean up. And they were. Yury and his team replaced the siding and the insulation board underneath. This project took about 5 days and after each day, they cleaned up the work area. There were a couple of corrections we needed to have done in order to be completely satisfied including replacing the outdoor outlet cover with the same type of cover that protected the plug to the landscaping light timer, and running the flexible trim all the way around the family room window arches instead of just up to the wood trim running along the top. Zev and Yury came up with the solutions to these problems, which were actually a result of the way the previous outlet and the windows were installed. For the flexible trim, Yury came back and removed the siding about halfway down the windows to remove the old trim before he could install the new trim. This project took about 7 hours to complete because it also involved cutting out one slab of wood trim and replacing it with siding in order to make the project work. Most companies would probably not want to come back to do that but Guardian didn’t even flinch. If that was what was going to make us happy, then they would do it. I highly recommend this company to anyone who needs this type of work done and I would use them again if I need to have additional work done.

Description of Work
Guardian Home Improvements LLC replaced our roof and siding.

05/27/2016

Joe Y.

Zev knocked on my door after a wind storm that caused heavy damaged to my roof and help me work though the my insurance company which paid for the replacement roof.

Description of Work
Removed damaged roof from a wind storm which removed about 10% of the shingles and install a new roof.

02/25/2016

keith B.

Actually these contractors were like saviors. 3eMy home received heavy damage from a June hailstorm. My insurance company's first offer to settle my claim was just over $9,000. A fine gentleman named Zev Guttman introduced himself representing Gaurdian. Immediately Mr. Guttman showed me several items that my insurance company failed to offer payment for.i immediately felt relief when Zev told me he was willing to fight for a better settlement. We went over the damages and he prepared an estimate for the insurance company. Mr. Guttmqn did not stop until I received the amount of money to restore my home to its original condition. A year later now and I look at the work that was done and I feel I have a better home now than I did when it was built. Thanks Gaurdian. And thanks Zev.

Description of Work
Replaced roofing siding and flashing after a hail storm

02/02/2016

Maureen K.

The job went well from the initial meeting with Zev until completion. He was very professional and did a great job of going over the details of the job with us. He also was here during the job and after completion and has been in contact ever since. We are very pleased with our roof.

Description of Work
Guardian replaced our roof.

10/02/2015

John O.

My home repairs were the result of storm damage that was covered by an insurance claim. Guardian did an excellent job negotiating these repairs with my insurance company. Guardian uses subcontractors to perform the work, of which, they either spoke no, or very little English. This made it difficult communicating issues with them without going through the Guardian Rep. which were not always available. Of the area's I had repaired, roof, siding and rain gutters, the crew that did the rain gutters were the best. They went out of their way to make sure I was completely satisfied with the replacement of my rain gutters, they were the best contactors Guardian provided. I would recommend them to others or use their service again. Guardian did follow-up after the repairs to make sure I was satisfied; this is when I shared with them my displeasure. There were several areas? of the roof and siding that were not completed properly for which the subcontractor had to be brought back to correct. I would not use Guardian again or refer them to others based on the fact that their roofers and siding installers did not have the customer's best interest at heart and were not able or willing to communicate well due to a language barrier. I would prefer a contractor that had their own crew that did the work.

Description of Work
Roof, siding and gutters.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, roofing

08/27/2015

Brian W.

The crew that put the siding on my house was incredible. They showed up on time, went over the job with me and got right to work. I myself am a contractor and can honestly say I wish I had a crew like them. They worked non stop and got the job done in one day FLAWLESSLY. When the job was done they walked the entire property and made sure there was nothing laying around in the grass , driveway, or street everything was put in the dumpster. After inspection of their work I could not find one complaint or flaw with their workmanship. It was a pleasure working with Zev and his crew. I am absolutely 100% satisfied with this company and would HIGHLY recommend them. THANK YOU for your hard work it was a pleasure.

Description of Work
Zev went above and beyond the call of duty coming to my house after hours and on Sunday to do what was needed to get my job going. He worked with my insurance company to the very end fighting for everything I needed on the job. My insurance company was not very cooperative but with the expertise and experience of Zev he got me what I needed for the job to be done correctly and I had to do nothing, Zev handled everything with them. I HIGHLY recommend Zev as his knowledge and experience of the building trades is vey rare and hard to find.

08/12/2015

Edward H.

All of the insurance claim work was handled by Zev Guttman who did a phenomenal job and made everything simple and crystal clear! Everything went very well with our claim thanks to his efforts. Any questions or concerns we had were handled promptly, and he was very easy to contact any time we needed him. He also helped us with samples and selections and was great with all of that. The first crew did all of the roofing and they were excellent. The supervisor was very knowledgeable, great to deal with, and answered any questions we had. They arrived exactly when they promised, and worked very efficiently. The roof work is fantastic! The second crew did all of the siding and were every bit as excellent and reliable as the first! We could not be happier with Guardian Home Improvements and would strongly recommend them!!

Description of Work
Replaced both a roof on our house and garage which had been damaged by a hail storm. They also replaced some existing vinyl siding.

07/01/2015

Phillip F.

Its been 9 months since Guardian came out to our home and made repairs as I listed on the October 18, 2014 review, and to tell you the truth, my wife and I are so happy we decided to have Guardian make those repairs to our home. So we have had many heavy rain/wind storms since the installation...No Issues! My neighbors have commented to me how beautiful the exterior of my home looks. So this second review is for modifying the trim siding around the french doors so that the doors would swing another 6 inches wider than the standard. I called the office and Jon immediately notified Yori (I considered master craftsman at its best) who contacted me within a day. Yori and I scheduled a mutual time for Yori to come out to review the change. Within a week, Yori ordered materials and had them delivered to my home. The next step, Yori came out to my home and made the modifications so the trim laid flatter against the siding so the french doors could open wider. Although, my wife and I should have checked the door swing at final inspection, Guardian absorbed all the cost for the modifications. Another good reason I would use Guardian in the future. Kudos to Robert Frehafter and his Guardian team for another job well done!

Description of Work
Modified the siding trim around our porch's french doors' perimeter.

Category woodworking