Fence City

07/02/2023

3434 Unionville Pike

Hatfield, PA 19440

Aluminum Fence and a Sports Court

Fence City is a Professional fence installation company located in Hatfield Pennsylvania. At Fence City we Specialize in Aluminum Fence for Swimming Pools, Security & Perimeter Fencing for Children & Pets. SORRY BUT WE DO NOT INSTALL CHAIN LINK OR DO REPAIR WORK.., For the “DIY” Customers, We Stock, Aluminum Fence, VINYL Privacy Fence, Presuretreated Solid Board, Shadow Box as well as Quality Split Rail. We have the BEST INSTALLATION CREWS for our local customers. We Never Use Sub-Contractors. Please visit our website, fencecity.com or contact us at info@fencecity.com or call us at 215-362-8200...

fence company

fence company (63)driveway gate installation (9)dog fencing (1)

05/28/2022

Keven O.

They did a great job… From removing old fence to replacing with Vinyl fence. Work was done professionally and timely. My property was cleaner when they left then when they came. The price was on spot. I would recommend them 100%.

Description of Work
Vinyl Privacy Fence

Work Completed On 05/28/2022

05/25/2022

Caryn M.

Flawless. Jack and his crew were great. They treated our property as if it was their own. They made recommendations based upon years of experience that we followed and it turned out exceptional. They were always timely and professional. We have used fence city on numerous other jobs and highly recommend them for any type of outdoor fencing. From the location of the gates, to ensuring everything was stable, level and curb appeal, I could not be more pleased. We had numerous delays with our general contractor and Fence City consistently worked with us through those delays to do a perfect job. I would only use Fence City in the Future.

Description of Work
Aluminum Fence and Sports Court

Work Completed On 05/26/2022

Ross A.

The Fence City team was great from start to finish. They took the time to help me understand the fencing options in the initial visit. The wait for materials wasn’t too long and as soon as they had the fencing the install was fast and clean. They did a great job with all three gates and fencing some awkward spots! Overall a great experience with Fence City.

Description of Work
Aluminum Fence

Work Completed On 05/15/2022

Review for Fence City - 3434 Unionville Pike, Hatfield, PA - 39733676

Robert M.

Flawless. Jack and his guys were timely, courteous and did a great job. The always kept everything clean and professional. We have used fence city for numerous jobs in the past and will not use anyone else. Jack looks at each job as if he were doing same for his house. He explains everything and recommends the best way to achieve your goal. I highly recommend this company. Would give them 10 stars if that was an option

Description of Work
Aluminum Fence and a Sports Court

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

Dan B.

The fence city guys did an amazing job. It is aluminum- so it doesnt rust. Its not the cheapest option, but the price was very reasonable. The best part is that the fencing is 10 years old and all three of the swing gates work perfectly despite two dogs and two kids. IMO you will save yourself a lot of long term headaches if you choose Fence City.

Description of Work
Aluminum fence for the dogs.

Category fencing,dog fence

Work Completed On 06/01/2012

John R.

Job went great, this is the second job Fence City did for me and always done right. My first fence was done almost 15 years ago and it is still solid, a periodic power wash and still looks great too.

Description of Work
Pressure treated shadowbox privacy fence

Work Completed On 05/16/2022

05/09/2016

Brian B.

Product looks nice and has a good price point but we quickly developed quality problems after only two seasons. Both gates have moved both ways in a plane, meaning sloping left to right and falling back to front. This prevents both gates from functioning which is important for a pool fence. On April 15th I spoke to Marge and explained the situation and she was extremely nice and said she will send it over for scheduling. After 3 weeks, no one came out and I never heard back from Fence City so I called the morning of May 9th and spoke to Roger. Roger called me back and said this would not be covered under warranty even though it is their product and they did the installation (they only stand behind their products for 1 yr). I was surprised and disappointed by this from a local company. I have attached pictures but can send you video or happy to show the fence to those interested.

Description of Work
Installed Pool Fence.

Work Completed On 04/16/2016

Review for Fence City - 3434 Unionville Pike, Hatfield, PA - 31685142

11/07/2014

James K.

I had to call them twice to get an installation date but after that, the crew came out on the agreed upon date and within two days finished the job. I made a last minute change to placement of a gate and, after a little bit of negotiation, they completed the job the way I wanted it. The materials used and installation are sturdy and look great.

Description of Work
Installation of a fence around my property.

Category fencing,driveway gates

Work Completed On 06/23/2014

10/11/2014

rachel D.

We were very happy with the communication and professionalism prior to our fence being installed. Everyone that we spoke with in the office was very friendly and accommodating. The downfall came the first day. The guys showed up promptly at 8am to begin working. On the day of the estimate (May 19th), and then again through email, we provided a lot plan to get an accurate estimate so we could budget out our project. When the guys started setting up the perimeter they informed us that our job would require more material- costing us a little over $600. We understand that estimates are estimates and the cost may change once work begins, but $600 was a lot to surprise us with at the last minute. The guy in charge ended up calling the office to explain the issue, and ultimately they agreed to drop the $600 and complete the work based on our initial estimate. Which, we were very appreciative. So, around 9:30am the guys got to work. Around 12:30 my husband headed out to check the progress and was told that the rocky soil was causing the project to take longer than usual. He was told they would continue working for the day and if they weren't able to finish they would be back the next morning. Which was fine. Around 1:30 my husband headed off to work- shortly after the guys started cleaning up- which surprised me because they said they were going to continue working for the day. Shortly after 2pm they were all cleaned up and ended up sitting by the truck until 3pm and then left. The next day the guys showed up and finished the fence. When it was completed we headed out to provide the final payment thinking everything was all good. Much to our surprise, we were told we owed $750 per day extra due to the rocky soil ($1500). We had read in the contract that there could be an extra charge due to rocks or other issues with the ground, but $750 per day?! Shouldn't that be written in the contract so clients aren't caught off guard? Seeing that my husband I were both fuming the guy said he'd cut us a break and only charge us an extra $500. P***** off and annoyed, we sucked it up and paid the extra amount, but decided we were going to follow up with someone in the office to express our disappointment with the whole process. Springing an extra $1500-$2100 is a little ridiculous. During the follow up phone call when my husband explained the last minute charges and the hours the guys actually worked he was told "it?s in the contract" and "your wife was obviously mistaken". He was also told that the guys clocked in sometime between 6-7am both mornings and clocked out after 4:30 pm (just 15 minutes from our home). My home office is in complete view of the backyard, so I'm pretty sure when I was texting my husband at the exact time they showed up and were cleaning up and left, I was not mistaken. However, thank you for implying that I'm a liar. We love our fence, however are still annoyed with the lack of professionalism and surprise charges after the contract was signed. Maybe we should have asked more detailed questions prior to signing the contract- such as the extra charge for rocky soil, however it would have been good business to inform the client of the potential charges prior to starting the work.

Description of Work
Installed black aluminum fence around backyard.

Work Completed On 08/20/2014

10/07/2014

Mary B.

See above. I don't think my rating should apply since we were unable to work together.

Description of Work
The provider called but had no available time in the time frame I needed. Communication was professional and appropriate. Our schedules just did not line up.

Work Completed On 08/15/2014

Fence City is a Professional fence installation company located in Hatfield Pennsylvania. At Fence City we Specialize in Aluminum Fence for Swimming Pools, Security & Perimeter Fencing for Children & Pets. SORRY BUT WE DO NOT INSTALL CHAIN LINK OR DO REPAIR WORK.., For the “DIY” Customers, We Stock, Aluminum Fence, VINYL Privacy Fence, Presuretreated Solid Board, Shadow Box as well as Quality Split Rail. We have the BEST INSTALLATION CREWS for our local customers. We Never Use Sub-Contractors. Please see our website, fencecity.com or contact us at info@fencecity.com or call us at 215-362-8200

For the “DIY” Customers, We Stock, Aluminum Fence, VINYL Privacy Fence, Presuretreated Solid Board, Shadow Box as well as Quality Split Rail. We have the BEST INSTALLATION CREWS for our local customers. We Never Use Sub-Contractors. Please seeour website, fencecity.com or contact us at info@fencecity.com or call us at 215-362-8200

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check