I CAN ARRANGE THAT

Founded 1996 • With Angi since March 2004

2370 GENEVA AVE

Glenside, PA 19038

Unique interior decorating service specializing in creating a fresh and inviting new look for your home using existing furniture, artwork, and accessories. Arranging and hanging artwork is a specialty!

12/11/2018

S D.

Excellent in every way!!! I have so enjoyed the opportunity to work with Laura! I had a difficult move ahead of me, which had to be made pretty much single-handedly. And I needed to watch my budget. I did not know where to begin! Should I toss all my old stuff, saving the cost of moving it? What was worth moving? What would work in my new space? What new pieces should be my priority? How would I know which to choose? And, very important: How could I keep the expense of furnishing my new apartment reasonable? I was on a budget, and a timeline – and quite deeply stressed about the whole project. Then I met Laura. From our very first meeting, I knew that Laura would figure it all out. In a single brief walk-through of my old space, she made recommendations about what to move – nearly all of it, I was surprised to hear, including items I thought were long past their useful life, and/or would never fit in a new space. She took pictures and measurements. She asked me about colors, and favorite pieces, and selected some items to use as starting points for decorating my new space. I am so grateful that she used in my new space so much of what I already had, saving time, stress, and memories – not to mention money! In a single walk-through my new space, using some favorite pieces and some framed artwork I already had, Laura made recommendations regarding main room paint color – a rainwashed blue I would have never dared to choose on my own but which turned out to be perfect. She made suggestions about how to use the space and what to place where, offering ideas which would not have occurred to me. Laura made recommendations about pieces to buy to fill in some empty spaces. She provided links to websites which offered a range of styles and price points – and read me so well I found most of her suggestions to be right on the mark regarding my taste and budget and function of the room or the piece. She solved problems, including finding someone who would paint some bookcases sadly in need of a new look. And Laura gets right to work! Almost from the moment the movers left, Laura was trying furniture and décor here and there and hanging artwork. My move has been a multi-step process as I unpacked boxes or new pieces arrived, and Laura has been there for all the tough moments. I am so glad that, when planning and budgeting for my new apartment I put “find decorator, stager, advisor” right next to “hire movers” – Laura’s services were absolutely essential to a successful move, and worth every penny of her fee. I so appreciate Laura’s professional advice, her great talent for “reading” my mind – knowing what I might like, what best met my needs, and what was compatible with my space, existing pieces, and lifestyle – and my budget! Laura exemplifies the name of her business – I Can Arrange That! She is so cheerful, so positive, so talented at starting from where the client is – I knew from our first conversation that the hardest part of my move was over – she gave me the confidence to take it all in stride. I plan to continue to work with her as I undertake other projects – I still have a study to complete, and some closet changeovers. I highly recommend Laura and her talents to anyone contemplating a move or decorating project and anyone who just needs an hour or two with a friend to figure out where to start. You will find her talents amazing, her skills extraordinary, and her fees reasonable. And thank you to Angie's List for helping me find Laura!

Description of Work
Advice about a move - what to take to new apartment, how to pull it all together, etc.

Category interior designers, moving companies, home & garage organization, home staging

05/23/2018

Anita G.

Excellent. There are no words to describe how completely and totally happy I am with Laura and her abilities. Her compassion, professionalism and above all speed in which she gets things done blows my mind. She has been a true asset to our entire family. Finding her was like finding the Golden Ticket to Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory. She has managed to completely change the way I live and think. I wasn't a hoarder, but had trouble letting go of some things. Now, I don't keep it if it doesn't serve me. We still have some rooms to rework but my unfinished storage mainly basement is a place that no longer makes me cringe to enter. I actually like being down there now. I just hope we can continue to progress we've made so far. She's an amazing worker with the tenacity and strength or 2 men in a tiny package! She is the ultimate organizer! She also staged my mom's house to sell. Bravo to Angie's List for having "I Can Arrange That" on their site. She's the best!

Description of Work
Move My Mom's Home Contents to Storage Units and Donations, Organize every room in my home

05/08/2018

Sue H.

They were both very happy after meeting with Lauren. She gave them lots of specifics and many ideas for a number of rooms in their house. She was generous in telling them what was already working throughout the house and she shared with them her potential vision for the space. she talked about colors, furniture, placement of furniture, possible other furniture to purchase, room size and shape and making the most of the space available. Not only was she informative, but her personality made them feel very comfortable. She was friendly and positive. They also told me they will be getting a summary of her observations with more information to be able to recall and then utilize whatever they heard about, liked and want to use the idea.

Description of Work
My son and soon to be my daughter-in-law wanted some help to plan some changes in their house. They wanted to get some fresh ideas about how best to decorate/improve the house.

03/28/2018

Anita G.

Laura is the best person on the planet. She works hard, fast, carefully and above all knows what she is doing. If it weren't for her I wouldn't have been able to sell my mom's house quickly and without too much stress. She made it seem like child's play. She was so helpful taking loads and loads to donate, packing items up and staging the home. She was so very kind, thoughtful and easy to work with. Her personality is perfect for the work she does. Her compassion comes through yet she could keep me on task, allowing me to break down every now and then, but being kind and considerate of the situation I was in. She is deceptively strong and can find ways to move huge pieces of furniture without working too hard or needing more hands. She's just amazing! I have hired her many times since and she has helped me through cleaning out my mom's home, my office, dining area, laundry room, our gym, our shed, garage, guest room, and even my closets! The biggest project by far outside of my mom's whole house, was the clearing out and organization of our basement after a friend had died and we gained her storage unit of items, plus some of my mom's things along with our crazy 20 year accumulation of stuff! She was tenacious and could work even on days when I wasn't well enough. I love my entire home now, even my basement! She is worth every penny she earns because she works so hard I've never seen anyone work that hard ever! She is truly my heroine and if I could find an appropriate cape I would bestow one upon her. Hire her! You won't be sorry!! She's worked with me now since April 2017.

Description of Work
The Best Organizer and Home Stager Period!

07/14/2017

Allison F.

Laura is FABULOUS. Extremely personable and energetic. I've had her in my home twice now and not only is she punctual, but always shows up with everything needed to get the job done. She was able to figure out "my style" and knew just what to ask to help me get more creative with my stuff. For the blank wall in the living room, she noticed that I had a lot of decor with a similar topic all throughout the house. She suggested we create a gallery wall dedicated to that one topic and the result was fantastic. I had 2 blank walls in the guest bedroom with a LOT of random wall decor & knick-knacks from my travels. I wanted an eclectic travel themed room. She saw my vision and executed it beautifully. I've attached pictures but I'm not a professional photographer so I hope they do her justice. I'm extremely happy with the outcome & will be calling her back for sure to come help me re-arrange & refresh the next room! Her reasonable rates makes working with her even easier ;) A+++++++

Description of Work
Gallery walls. I had blank walls and lots of various wall decor. I didn't want to buy anything new so I was looking for someone with an experienced and creative eye to pull all my stuff together.

09/28/2016

Elizabeth D.

Laura arrived as planned and immediately went to work. She has an upbeat personality and a can-do approach that made for a very rewarding and fun day. Laura has a great eye for design and came up with arrangement ideas that I would never have thought of. Communication with her was easy and straight forward. I wanted my living space to be more inviting and she absolutely helped make that happen! In her rearrangement of the furniture, she opened up wall space for artwork. She then hung up artwork with an eye for color, style, and balance all put into play in the paintings she chose and the way (and the where) they were grouped. Laura did a great job, was wonderful to work with, and is definitely on my list to hopefully work with again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Needed help rearranging the furniture in the living areas in my house to make more comfortable spaces for small gatherings of people. I also had a lot of art-work that I wanted help hanging, but was unsure as to where to place them and which pieces to put up.

09/19/2016

bryan B.

It went amazing. Laura was so enthusiastic! We were really blown away. We selected paint colors for 5 rooms and the connecting hallway. All the work has been finished by the painters now and we couldn't be happier w. the choices she helped us come up with. We will definitely be looking to have her come back once we get ready to tackle the Master bed and and Bath - Her pricing was very very reasonable as well! (Sorry Laura for being so late on sending our review!)

Description of Work
color consultation and general home decor planning

Category interior designers, home staging

08/11/2016

DAVID V.

She is awesome! Laura tries to use what you already own and has a very keen understanding of what you as the homeowner are trying to accomplish. For instance, over a sliding door for which I did not want a window treatment, Laura recommended a wide piece of sculpture or something like that to take up some space due to the offset position of the adjacent windows. I happened to have a black, wrought iron plate holder in my garage awaiting a garage sale....so, guess where it ended up? Looks absolutely perfect with my new plates from West Elm. She is also very good with color as well as being budget minded. Laura is fun to work with (and pretty strong judging from the furniture she was moving around).

Description of Work
I needed assistance and "tweaking" for a house we were renovating in Bucks County while the house we lived in was listed for sale. We were moving from a large home into a smaller one, and Laura came out to see the empty space and also take a look at my furnishings in the house we were selling. Once we actually moved in, she came back again to help arrange furniture, paintings, pillows, etc. In fact, I had her come out 3 days after the furniture had arrived just to give me direction. I am planning to have her back again to help make my finished basement look like a normal living level -- she had some great ideas!

04/06/2015

Lisa T.

I was having trouble selecting fabrics on my own for a sofa slipcover, so I had Laura come to my house to give me advice and help me select some possibilities. Laura is very engaging and personable, and a pleasure to meet and work with. She asked me prior to the meeting for pictures of my home and ideas about what styles, colors, etc. I was looking for, then brought several decks of fabric samples to the house to select from. I chose several possibilities and Laura will be sending me larger samples I can preview before making a final decision. Having access to an official decorator is valuable because I would not have had access to professional-grade fabrics on my own, and of course having access to someone to help me figure out what I really wanted is great. The only drawback is that unfortunately Laura does not have a source who can make the slipcover, but this did not surprise me because I have had a great deal of trouble myself finding one. I will definitely hire her again--I can already think of three or four things I want to get some feedback on!

Description of Work
Laura Brenner came to my house for an hour-long consultation to help me pick fabric for a sofa slipcover.

04/06/2014

Barbara O.

She helped me with the color schemes, arrangement of furniture, Wall art, lighting and the flow of the space.

Description of Work
Laura was so helpful. She made my first floor mess into a living spec we love! I highly recommend her.

06/02/2013

Nancy C.

She was very good - understood my style and worked within that style.

Description of Work
Helped rearrange some items and helped with ideas for window treatments

04/08/2013

Lindsey F.

.She made the process fun and was very good at managing differing opinions of husband and wife. Laura's ideas are creative and beautiful.

Description of Work
Laura provided paint color recommendations,specific furniture ideas, furniture arrangement ideas for 4 rooms. She promply emailed us with all her specific recommendations and vendors, and had the paint company send us samples.

01/13/2013

Kent M.

I gave my wife a gift card to I Can Arrange that as a birthday present. It was a big hit. Laura was great; professional, responsive and gave us some great ideas. We would be happy to use her again and would recommend her to others.

Description of Work
We are looking at doing some remodeling to our our house. Laura came out and met with my wife for an hour to talk about potential ideas for colors, furniture, how to arrange furniture and other ideas about how the rooms could flow better. Laura gave my wife some great color suggestions which my wife is very excited about. She also had several other ideas that we hadn't thought about which we will probably implement. She sent some large color samples in the mail a few days later for paint ideas. We have never used an interior decorator/designer before but we will definitely use Laura again and would recommend her to anyone.

12/31/2012

nick G.

Excellent experience great creative ideas

Description of Work
Helped us to pick out colors for kitchen design layout and design of kitchen and living room

10/22/2012

Barbara G.

Everything went smoothly, Laura got paint samples as expected and corresponded through email to answer simple questions.

Description of Work
Laura helped us decide on colors to repaint our family room. She was helpful, available and a pleasure to work with. We will definitely use her again.

06/26/2012

Kathy M.

The experience was great. One can get overwhelmed by trying to decide what color to paint a room, and having had experiences in the past with selecting a color and having it look completely different once it was on the walls, we thought we would get assistance from someone that had experience in that area. Laura brought tons of paints strips to the house, and we worked with her on narrowing the field to the feeling we were looking for. Her suggestions and experience were very insightful. The result was selecting paint ideas for 3 rooms along with ceiling and/or trim selections. After the meeting, she arranged to have large samples of our selections mailed to us from the paint companies, so that we could tape the different colors to the walls and see which ones were the best for that room. We loved making the selection that way. It made the process very simple.We will definitely be contacting Laura again in the future for assistance.

Description of Work
We needed assistance with choosing paint colors for a number of rooms in our house.

06/21/2011

Patricia K.

She has a great eye for color and is a pleasure to have come in your home for consultation. She was able to give me advice for 4 different rooms in one hour. She followed up with communication to make certain that I would let her know if I needed additional assistance. I received large color samples of my choices in the mail within a week.

Description of Work
I had Laura come to my home about 2 years ago for a kitchen color consultation. She did such a good job that I called her again for color consultations for 4 more rooms.

04/10/2011

megan F.

What a great experience. Laura came to my house to help me select new paint colors for the living room, dining room, kitchen and laundry room. She looked at the window treatments and furnishings to determine the best color. We narrowed it down to several and she she mailed me large swatches of the possible paint choices so I could tape them to the wall and look at them for a few days. Laura also helped me decorate the large kitchen wall. Her suggestions were fantastic- I never would have thought of them. They were easy to do and not expensive either. I'm so happy I found her on this site. If it had not been for her I'm sure my house would be a hodge podge of colors and "boring" art on the walls. The paint colors are perfect and I've gotten so many compliments on the wall decor and arrangement. Thanks Laura!

Description of Work
Paint selection and wall decor ideas

03/03/2011

Lucille C.

I really liked her. She is easy to work with.

Description of Work
She came out to the store with me and helped me make decisions with what I wanted to put in my house.

03/23/2010

Erica M.

What a fantastic experience! With a toddler at home and one on the way, I contacted Laura for help in how to create a cozy little boy's room and maximize our limited space by combining our guest room and nursery. I had also been living with blue paint swatches on my living room wall for months and had been unable to commit (much to the entertainment of our friends). Laura helped me start with my son's room, leveraging our existing furniture and wall hangings. She also helped me select wonderful accessories (from wall shelving, to economical but super cute lighting from ikea) to DIY decoupage projects for custom truck art. She chose a warm khaki color for the room that is perfect! Our son is so proud of the room and he loves to bring friends up. Laura continued to follow up with recommended window treatments after the appointment. Laura also helped me map out a floor plan that would help me maximize our home by creating a cozy nursery with a trundle bed that could accomodate our new baby and grandparents. She helped me find nice touches that would customize the room for our newest member of the family, while taking advantage of the baby furniture we already had. Lastly, we were convinced that blue was the right direction for our living room. I showed Laura some fabric that I wanted to use for curtains and she took me in an entirely different direction, using a deep camel. The color is stunning! We have received so many compliments and are gearing up to paint the adjoining rooms - again in a palette that we would not have identified on our own, but everyone loves. Laura sent us oversized paint chips prior to us painting so we could made the decision with confidence. Even better than her knowhow, Laura's hands on approach and easy manner made her a joy to work with. We were collaborating the minute she stepped in the home and I felt like a great weight had been lifted once I had easy, actionable plans that fit my budget and made my home that much more pulled together. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Laura helped me with the following: 1. Create layout and choose wall color for toddler's room. 2. Create layout for combination guest room & nursery 3. Wall color for kitchen, living room and hallway

01/03/2010

Victoria B.

Excellent....just what I was looking for.

Description of Work
Laura was punctual and professional. She helped me pull some rooms together and offered some excellent suggestions. After our meeting, she provided a list of all of the things we discussed, and provided links to several websites with items of excellent value that would work for my rooms. I was so pleased and I'm sure I saved hundreds of dollars through some of the tips she provided. I even called her on a Saturday afternoon to seek her advice on a rug I was about to buy. She was great to work with.

10/13/2009

mary Ann M.

Laura arrived and we walked through the house and I let her know which rooms I wanted to change and improve. She helped me make a detailed list of all the changes I wanted( paint,repairs,new furniture) She helped me use what I already had and any purchases were economical and worked well with the design of our house. My husband and I thought we wanted green paint in the living and panicked when we started painting it, Laura stopped by and helped us find a better color that we love. She helped arrange book shelves,hang pictures,choose frames and lighting. We struggled with our mantel and she helped us make it gorgeous. She was there from the start to finish and always friendly .She gave very helpful advice when we needed it the most.

Description of Work
Laura made my house feel more like a home. She was always on time and willing to help me whenever I called with a tricky decorating problem. She helped choose beautiful paint colors, photos to hang and made my mantle, a masterpiece. My husband was also thrilled with the new paint colors and the simple but lovely additions to our home. I have recommended her to many friends who have had the same positive experience. You can't go wrong with her services!

10/09/2009

Esther N.

I had about several lengthy e-mails and phone conversations with Laura arranging an appointment to meet and describing needs. Appointment was arranged several weeks in advance. Just before appointment she cancelled saying the job was beyond her skillset. She never saw the house to determine that and should have indicated that sooner. She was courteous and referred me to another designer, but I felt that she used up much of my time and wasted many weeks. I think she took another job instead and did not respect my time.

Description of Work
Interior design consultation

Category interior designers

I try my best to make sure that my services are a good fit for my customers. Not only did I put this person in contact with a designer who was more able to meet her needs, this designer was able to arrange a consultation with her 2 weeks sooner than I would've been able to meet with her.

03/10/2009

Patricia K.

Laura was a pleasure. I have worked with Interior Decorators before and was hesitant to try again. She was very helpful and friendly. I will definitely ask for her assistance again. I look forward to working with her again with other decorator projects in my home.

Description of Work
I contacted Laura Brenner from I Can Arrange That for assistance with color selection for my kitchen walls. I had chosen a color that did not compliment my kitchen cabinets and countertop. She arrived promptly and had wonderful suggestions for color. She had color samples with her and left a few. In addition, she ordered larger samples and had them sent to my house.

10/31/2008

Patricia G.

She was excellent. She responded quickly and was very personable. It was a very pleasant experience. She was professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend her and I already have.

Description of Work
Laura came out to my house and helped create a furniture arrangement.