ADVANCED WINDOWS & SIDING

Founded 1998 • With Angi since August 2010

4.3

1001 State St Ste 1400

Erie, PA 16501

We are an Owens Corning Preferred Contractor We are a PHFA Approved Contractor We Offer Financing **FOR A DIRECT ESTIMATE** advanced.windows@yahoo.com...

10/01/2018

Deb G.

Not done yet but they did a detailed investigation into my problem.

Description of Work
door frame

Category siding,replacement windows,doors

Thank you for your kind words. The job is done now. I appreciate your business!

10/26/2016

William S.

The job went great. Very professional installation crew. I would highly recommend them. What a difference from my old windows. I liked that they had several brands to choose from. I got the triple pane ones that were on special, for they were less than what other companies, wanted for double pane. They are a lot quieter too!

Description of Work
7 Windows Installed

Thank you very much!

07/25/2016

James K.

While the process was slow at times, this was largely due to some of the intricacies of our house. Brad and Dave never had an issue with our requests and while it may have taken a few days longer than originally expected, I am happy they didn't rush to get the job done (because it would have likely ended up being sloppy.)

Description of Work
We had 20 windows replaced, the house re-sided and a new front door installed.

Category siding,replacement windows,doors

07/12/2016

ron V.

Brad and his crew were very personable and always respectful of our concerns and needs, they always cleaned up after each day made sure nothing was in my yard. Dave was always up on what was happening at my residence and if we had any concerns Dave took care of them within the day....i would recommend these people too anyone interest ......

Description of Work
Metal roof, and gutters

Category gutter repair,roofing,replacement windows

Thank you for the kind words!

03/25/2016

Louise K.

The quoting process went quickly and was sort of fun, and we made multiple changes during the process including a whole front porch project right in the middle. Dave and Brad were great to work with and extremely accommodating throughout the entire process. Special requests did not upset them, this is rare in a contractor because it throws off their scheduling. We had tiny fixes along the way and those were taken care of promptly making the finished product beautiful and secure. We had colors picked and pictures of features from other projects we wanted to incorporate and Dave just "made it happen" as close to budget as possible. We enjoyed having him and the crew around, just really great people. There were a few design issues and communication problems that were worked out quickly and to our satisfaction. The pricing was terrific. For way less than what we had done another company quoted us double on just the windows and siding, we saw projects that the higher priced company did in a friends home, we were NOT impressed by either the workmanship or the products. We bought Certainteed Siding, 6 White triple pane Lynnfield replacement windows, 3, triple pane, Sherwood replacement windows in the original interior framing of the house that we just love. The front door has a custom exterior color and the interior color matches the frame work, and the trim was replaced. Dave is a real pro in getting your ideas to sync with the materials and suggesting ways to stay within your budget by recommending alternatives. Not a lot of contractors can do that. Not a lot of contractors will or care to do that for a customer. I don't know what else I can say, except that Dave was here again today to quote more projects and Brad fixed a small winterization problem with a piece of siding, so I wanted to leave this review that is way over due. As for the looks of the project you can judge for yourself from the attached pictures, which I also posted last year on facebook.. If you see Dave's home show display you will see our project on the big screen. We have been stopped by neighbors and UPS and US mail carriers, and people from all over to comment on how beautiful the house turned out, even without any landscaping in place.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows, siding, doors, gutters, soffits, down spouts,replaced gable vents, added custom window frames on all exterior windows & 3 windows inside. Replaced entire front door with side view, framing, and storm door in custom colors. Removed a 6' sliding door and reconstructed a wall and installed a window. Removed a large solid concrete porch repaired a damaged foundation wall and built a new custom designed porch/deck replacing all the posts with custom designed posts, installed new fascia and plant hooks.Repaired all rotten wood during entire project, replaced all outdoor electrical boxes and spigots. Framed in Garage doors. Also had 2 bathroom vents, that vented into the attic redirected with the installation of soffit vent kits to rear of house. Replaced all locks and door handles and lighting fixtures and also added an additional lighting fixtures to the front of house. Replaced door bell. Replaced the rear man door & storm door in the garage, re-framed, and rebuilt the threshold with concrete to keep out water.

Category gutter repair,roofing,siding,replacement windows,doors

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

11/30/2015

Dave M.

Got a quote in October Once the window came in it was installed within a week Installation took less then an hour. All went well...good cleanup...good install....great looking window...happy customer. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Replaced 1 awning window

Thank You!

11/01/2015

Nancy D.

Horrible. He sent a guy to measure the windows. All went well there. Approx 6-8 weeks later, they came out to install. The caulking around the outside of the windows was absolutely horrible. A child could have done better. He said his installers have installed hundreds or thousands of windows. Doubt that is true because they are really bad. The caulk bead was very wide & very crooked. We called Dave about it and he promised to come out to take a look at it. In the meantime we checked the windows from the inside and found 1/2" gaps at the top of each window! Also there was a crack in the glass in one of the windows. How could the installers not have seen that??? When Dave came out, he sort of acknowledged that the caulking wasn't good, so he said he would send the installer back out to re-caulk. When showed the gap in all of the windows, he said he would think about what to do...hmmmmmmmm how about measuring correctly and replacing all of the windows??? He did say they would replace the window with the broken glass. He called a few days or weeks later & said that they would come back out and spray foam insulation in the gap. They weren't going to replace the windows. When they came out to replace the cracked window (6-8 weeks), they would fill the gaps. Sure glad it was summer. The guy came back out to re-caulk and it still looks horrible. He also sprayed foam at the top of each window to close the gap, and was just going to leave it that way. He finally agreed to put a piece of molding in at the top of each window to hide the foam. The molding was stained with stain provided by us to sort of match the window trim, but not sanded or varnished, and he got stain thumbprints all over the white vinyl part of some of the windows. We did call Dave about the still-mediocre caulk job. We left a message, and he texted us & said he would call us later, but he never called. That was in June. Wonder if he will ever call. Also, some of the windows are very hard to latch. I don't think it should take a 220-pound male to latch the windows.

Description of Work
We were looking to replace all 9 windows in our home that were 30+ years old. We got 3 prices, and Dave did a great job selling his windows.

Category replacement windows

The person that wrote this was not present during the install. When you put in a replacement window, you order it 1/2" narrower and about 3/8" to 1/2" shorter than the rough opening. This serves two purposes: one is so you can square the window in the opening and the second is to allow room to put insulation around it. The insulation filled spaces are hidden by the windows' stops, which are small pieces of molding that are generally on both sides and across the top. If there aren't any stops we install them. We generally use 3/4" quarter round, 3/4" cove molding or 1/2"x3/4" base shoe. These particular windows did not have top stops and the customer did not want us to install any, so another way to do it is to use a head expander. You put some fiberglass insulation on top of the frame, put the head expander on, then you slide the head expander up until it touches the top of the wood frame, and then you put a small bead of clear caulking across it to keep it in place. Well, the customer decided they did not want any caulking on the inside, so we hoped the fiberglass insulation and the outside caulking would keep it up. One of the windows came in with a cracked glass unit, but you couldn't tell until the cardboard and shrink-wrap was taken off. The old window was already removed so we had to install this damaged window. I ordered a replacement sash and switched it out, when it came in. When we were finished installing, I spoke to the homeowner, who was present during the install and he said everything looked great. He asked me if he could give the balance to the installers. but less the cost of the damaged window, and that he would give me that after the sash was replaced. I told him that was fine. A few days later I got a call about the caulking being bumpy and about a gap at the top of one window. I went out to investigate and found that one of the head expanders had sagged down about 1/4". The homeowner then went to each window and slid a small metal ruler between the head expander and the wood frame and pried down on each window, creating that same gap. I said that he had a choice we could either fill the gap with low expanding spray foam, and add a piece of molding across the top or we could clear caulk the expander back in place. He chose the molding, which we installed. We then looked at the caulking. I explained to him that the old caulking around his previous windows, was rock hard and could not be completely removed, and whenever you caulk over old caulking, it is impossible to make it completely smooth. Also caulking against brick is also going to be somewhat bumpy. I sent the installer, who has installed for me for over 10 years, back out 2 more time to re-do the caulking, and was definitely better. As far as the difficulty of locking the windows, it was just that the a couple of the top sashes were not up all the way. I replaced the sash in the damaged window and I still haven't received the balance.

04/28/2015

Robert H.

Installation was fine, no issues.

Description of Work
Replaced two windows with new triple pane windows.

Category replacement windows

Thank you [Member name removed]. It is always a pleasure doing business with you! Dave

04/06/2015

Louise K.

Could not be happier, we are very excited to work with this company after reading the reviews. Dave spent a very long time with us picking out products and advising on costs and ways to save money in the process. I was able to get all the colors and quality of products at an affordable price. We have pretty much decided after this process with Dave to cancel our additional quotes and let him do the job. If the work is as good as his reviews on this site, and as stress free as the quoting process, we will be absolutely thrilled. I will add additional comments after the work has been completed some time in June. We gave him a B for punctuality but with extenuating circumstances, because a prior appointment ran beyond it's allotted time which was beyond his control as the other customers without hesitation decided to write up a contract and book this company at the time of the quote, which is very rare. But on Dave's behalf, I have to say once he arrived he gave us his undivided attention and when I had to leave for an appointment, and returned an hour later, he went back through what my husband had picked and explained everything to me which was amazing and really appreciated. I was able to add my input and adjust some products and add some special touches. When he left it was past dinner time and he had worked with us for hours with no break. Since it was the only time and day we had to do this process we were very appreciative. So B for punctuality, but AAA for attentiveness, and respect which is not graded above. So far, It has been the least stressful quote in this entire process. Thanks Dave.

Description of Work
Provided an itemized quote for replacement window's, siding, doors -interior and exterior, gutters, additional repair work and some custom touches on various parts of the project. All exterior upgrades and repairs except garage doors.

Category gutter repair,replacement windows,doors

Thank you, so much for your kind words. I look forward to working with you!

09/01/2014

Vel S.

Work was done when promised.....very happy with results.

Description of Work
Put in windows in indoor sun porch.

New Horizon Roofing llc

Hi, we are a roofing company and have 10 years plus experience in roofing. We also do soffit & fascia. We are a professional crew who takes pride in our work. We worry about the quality of are jobs rather than quantity. We are working hard to build a great reputation. We don't take shortcuts, treat every home as our own. As I said each employee has 10 or more years experience, as a company we are new. We are priding ourselves on quality work, earning a great reputation, and being budget friendly. ***WE ARE CURRENTLY DOING REPAIR JOBS ONLY THROUGH THE WINTER TIME***

Quality Windows

As a 2019 Super Service Award winner, Quality Windows has 44 years of experience and 22 years in the business. Run by father and sons, Quality Windows is a "True Family Business". We offer free, no-obligation, in-home consultations with many vinyl windows for you to see, touch, and test our quality. Quality Windows brings the show room to you. Professionalism is the key to our business! Whether you're looking for 100 new windows or just one replacement, we can help. We can meet all of your window needs while improving your curb appeal and increasing your home's value. We offer many different styles of decorative glass, specialty glass, internal grid styles, and even internal tilt mini blinds. We offer the best windows available from great names like Simonton and Polaris with many other manufacturers available by request. At Quality Windows, we believe your time should be spent enjoying the view. Give us a call, you'll be glad you did. Full life time warranty on all parts and labor. Short and long term no interest financing available. Additional phone - (800) 863-9344.

Offers by Quality Windows on Angi
    TOPS ROOFING & REMODELING CO

Exterior Residential Remodeling

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

We do Windows, Siding, Doors, Roofing, Gutters, Leaf-X.