Atlantic Ridge

Founded 1998 • With Angi since July 2010

1511 Sullivan Trl

Easton, PA 18040

Full-service landscape design-build firm, working with our clients to enhance their home. We specialize in bringing outdoor spaces together with both hardscape and softscape elements. We work with clients looking to add value, space, and trusted construction methods for a long-lasting, quality

11/14/2019

Katherine W.

We trusted Chris and his staff completely. The finished project turned out beautifully! We highly recommend Atlantic Ridge and will definitely use them for future projects.

Description of Work
Grating and Landscaping

Category hardscaping, outdoor lighting

10/31/2019

Hiram L.

It went very well. Everyone involved was knowledgeable, polite and worked hard. Result was exactly what I wanted.

Description of Work
Landscaping, Tree removal, hardscaping.

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

12/31/2018

Lorenzo S.

I really can't speak highly enough of Atlantic Ridge. Greg (the landscape architect) is a model of professionalism: upfront about all cost, gave suggestions while attending to our thoughts on design, and responded to all out questions promptly. The project was not inexpensive, but worth the cost. We look forward to continuing to work with Atlantic Ridge.

Description of Work
Demo and design of new landscape of from of the house

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

12/07/2018

Ian S.

We were very impressed with the service we received from Atlantic Ridge. We were requesting a major update to our existing patio, to provide us with a larger seating and dining area. After the initial discussion to find out our requirements a very detailed planned was provided for our approval with recommendations for shrubs and plants to attract wildlife. The construction of was carried out with no problems and the employees were extremely professional and knowledgeable about what was needed for the new design. The end result was an amazing change over the original patio. We could not have been happier and we will certainly be using Atlantic Ridge for further enhancements to our back garden. Overall a great job. Thanks to Chris and his staff.

Description of Work
Back yard Patio and landscaping improvements

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, fountains, hardscaping, patios

12/03/2018

Jeffrey G.

Project went well Perfect result, exactly what I wanted Workers were exceptional Fantastic follow up

Description of Work
Water feature

Category landscaping

Thank you for the kind review! We hope you enjoy your project for years to come!

11/15/2016

Scott K.

Extremely well! From the very beginning, Chris Stocker and his team were totally in tune to not only our wants and desires, but also our concerns and hesitation. This was a major project for us, and I couldn't imagine a more professional organization to deal with. They were always eager to answer our questions and provide for our wants and needs. Every aspect of design, selection and installation was well managed and communicated with us every step of the way. When it was all completed, the finished product well exceeded our expectations!

Description of Work
A removal of a 24 year old patio and sidewalks with a complete landscape design and hardscape installation.

Category decks, excavators, landscaping, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

10/19/2016

Scott A.

We had a fantastic experience with the team at Atlantic Ridge. They installed our paver patio, ripped out and re-did our front paver walkway (which had drainage issues and was sinking), added lights, created a beautiful water feature for us along with boulders and beds, and oversaw the delivery and install of our shed and fence. They basically transformed our backyard into a tranquil oasis! We love it! The whole team was professional and courteous, super clean, and friendly.

Description of Work
Front walkway, patio installation, landscaping, waterfall

Category landscaping, tree service, fountains, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

09/29/2016

Norma F.

Atlantic Ridge did a beautiful job. It was completed on time, the workers were very friendly and professional. Chris explained the process and kept us informed on the timeline. We will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They removed our old paver patio and installed a stamped concrete patio. Also added shrubs, perennials, trees and mulch. They reseeded the grass where it was necessary.

Category landscaping, mulch, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

09/28/2016

joudi Z.

We are glad that we hired Atlantic Ridge to do the Landscaping of our house. It was a challenge for both us. The house is very modern and needed a modern landscape design to finish the hole concept of the house. We are very satisfied with the results. The project was done on time. I would highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
He designed the landscaping. Did the hardscape and the landscape job of the front of the house. Cleaned the backyard, planted tree line and did the seeding in the back.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, stamped concrete

03/02/2016

Valerie H.

It was a challenge because they did it in a timely fashion and it looks beautiful, but part of our stipulation and going into it because of the nature of the slope, was that it be as maintenance free as possible and we have found that not to be the case. We found them to be very fair on the price. The quality was complicated. They should have done a better job of making the slope maintenance free. They were very professional and they had excellent prices as far as we were concerned, and in terms of the aesthetics of how their work looks, it's beautiful.

Description of Work
Atlantic Ridge replaced plants that had not survived. They landscaped the entire yard. The biggest challenge was we have about a 100 degrees slope in the front of the house and we wanted to have that both landscaped and done in a naturalized fashion so that it would fit the area, so that was pretty much the project.

11/05/2015

Joseph T.

When we first engaged with Chris, he spent a lot of time with Christine and I to understand what we were looking for, and he provided great design ideas for us to review, adjust and approve. He did a great job in selecting plantings that complemented our property, and in providing color throughout the spring, summer and fall seasons. The hardscaping designs and the water feature he incorporated look great! We had a pool installed about 5 years ago, and the initial landscaping work that the pool company installed was overdone, and Chris's team did a great job in redesigning and scaling back the landscaping around the pool, as well as adding paths, lighting and additional planting beds along the fence lines, and in creatively dealing with grading issues. Chris has a great company with a high quality team. They are all true professionals, polite, courteous and focused on our complete satisfaction. We are truly Raving Fans!

Description of Work
Atlantic Ridge has completed several projects at our home over the past few years. Chris Stocker and his team completed all of the landscaping and hardscaping in the front of our property, and relandscaped most of the read yard and added additional hardscaping in the rear as well. In addition to the large projects, we use Atlantic Ridge in the Spring and Fall to keep the property looking great.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, stamped concrete, outdoor kitchens

10/31/2015

Ralph F.

They forgot to notify me they were coming, so I was surprised to find out they had been working at my house all day.. But the work was done even better than I had hoped for, and exactly as per the design I was given...

Description of Work
Take out concrete from front of house and put in beds with plantings & crushed stone...

10/06/2015

John T.

They gave me a very reasonable price to do the work. They planted 15 shrubs and trees, put down weed barrier, mulched and edged the area. They even put drains under grade for the downspouts at no additional cost. Plus they were trying to match a bush that had died with an existing bush and instead they gave me a pair that matched perfectly. The crew of two guys were professional, friendly and completed the work in one day. I'm completely satisfied and look forward to working with them again soon! They are busy and if you leave a message it may take a few days for them to return your call but rest assured they will!

Description of Work
Landscaped the north side of my home.

Category landscaping, tree service

09/18/2015

Michael C.

Not well. He came out and he drew up a plan and we negotiated through the plan. 6 weeks before we planned to start we told him we didn't want to go through with it. He just kept the money and I'm not happy about that. I won't ever recommend him again.

Description of Work
He made a landscaping plan and gave him a two thousand dollar deposit.

Category landscaping

On 5/22/15 we entered into an agreement with the client for a $20,000.00 project. At the time of signing we require a 10% deposit ($2,000.00) to hold the spot and begin the process of gathering material. We selected colors, patterns, plant material and went into great detail with the client over the next few weeks. All product was ordered, paid for and ready to install. On 6/18/15 the client called and terminated the contract and would not share the reason other then they needed to cancel. we expressed our concerns on all the material purchased for the job already and the amount of time we had invested in the project and the precious space within our schedule that the job has taken up. the client understood our position at the time and we explained to him that his deposit was spent on product, invested time and space secured within our schedule that we could have sold to another client. He was made aware that his deposit was non refundable at that point and he understood and was aware of the contract terms set forth in writing. I also explained to him that if he had cancelled this contract within the 3 business days the contract allowed then no questions would be asked and the deposit would have been refunded in full. We surely did not take his money, on the other hand we spent well more then the $2,000.00 deposit to purchase product and the time invested on getting the project ready. we were less then 10 days from installing this project not 5-6 weeks. His time from signing to canceling was 4-5 weeks not the other way. we have never taken clients money and will never do that. i am unsure why this client would issue this response when Atlantic Ridge did nothing wrong but follow thru with our obligations. My small deposits I take from clients never covers our beginning cost to get the project going but allows our clients to feel comfortable in the process and not feel as if the contractor has overextended the deposit request. We try and make sure our clients are comfortable at every phase of the process. I ask angie's list to remove this review since Atlantic Ridge has followed thru with this client and this review may be a view of a member but is not an accurate fact as to what occurred. My reputation is all i have and i would never take someones deposit without following thru on my obligations!

09/15/2015

Craig M.

Contacted Atlantic Ridge based off of reviews found on Angie's list. Chris came to our house and we discussed what my wife and I were looking for. He listened to our ideas and then took measurements and photos. About a week later he presented a very detailed proposal. This included a detailed drawing, itemized landscape breakdown, and photos of what we could expect parts of the patio to look like (ie. stamped concrete, pergola, etc.). He came back with a plan that thoroughly exceeded my expectations. Price was a bit over budget, so we needed to make changes to his original proposal. Chris was more than willing to work with us and he got back to us within a week with something that fell more in line with what we were looking to spend. Overall, the attention to detail and the suggestions based on our requests are what made us go with Atlantic ridge (he actually listened to our requests and provided a plan tailored to them?so hard to find others that listen so well!). We have been very happy with the results, we get compliments from everyone who comes over to our house. Hats off to Chris?who, in my opinion, excels at what he does and by all appearances is a stand up guy. I would easily recommend Atlantic Ridge to others. Breakdown of work completed: - Approx. 500 sq ft. stamped concrete patio with step box. - Installed 10x10 wooden pergola and two post pergola for swing (swing was purchased previously). - Planted (7) arborvitae's and an Alberta Spruce (dwarf), finished with mulch and river rock accents. - Removed existing concrete sidewalk and step with widened sidewalk - added flagstone to connect new patio with said sidewalk. - Repair stucco along entire side of house. - Sink two downspouts. (notes: we expanded upon the original landscaping after the project was completed. Installed a Japanese "moon fire" maple and several rose plants?and still need to add railing to new staircase to make it code friendly.)

Description of Work
Designed approximately 500 sq ft patio, step box, and landscaping.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios, outdoor kitchens

thank you for the kind review. the project was a pleasant project to work on and we enjoyed the end result. Our process along the way with the design phase and discussions were always productive and done in a timely manner. We hope you have many years of enjoyment with the new outdoor room! thanks again and enjoy! Cheers, Chris Atlantic Ridge

09/08/2015

JOHN B.

I am very pleased to give Chris and the folks at Atlantic Ridge 2 BIG thumbs-up. We worked with Chris 2 seperate times, and in both cases he came up with several design options that fit both our ideas and budget. In fact, Chris spent several hours getting to know us personally so he could be sure his designs would fit our mindset. The work was completed on-schedule regardless of rain or shine. He was also more than willing to do the burn-in and follow-up work. We are VERY pleased with the work Chris and the entire Atlantic Ridge team did on our property and highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Remove a 40-year old Locust tree and all existing shrubbery in front of house. Regrade lawn. Install new hardscaping on front stoop/steps. Implement new walkway from driveway to front door. Install new shrubs and up-/lighting.

Category landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

An amazing client! they were wonderful to work with and we really enjoyed the multiple phases we were hired to perform. Goes to show good work with honest values and honest expectations allows you to have an opportunity to be hired again and again! thank you very much for the review and the trust you placed in me and my company over the years. we look forward to the next phase of landscaping you need done. I hope you enjoy the curb appeal and outdoor entertaining area for many more years to come. Cheers, Chris Atlantic Ridge

08/29/2015

Frank C.

This review is overdue as the work was completed two years ago. Our initial plan was to replace 3 plants used for screening which were growing out of control, and add a small section along the deck where there was nothing. The suggestion was made to add some other changes to the existing landscaping which we liked so we agreed. Problems were encountered during execution of the project. I had concerns about completing a landscaping project during the fall months given plant availability may not be as great as it would be earlier in the season, but was told this wouldn't be an issue. Well it was, and three new evergreen trees we were to get had to be changed to a different type as those in the original plan were not available. This was done without consulting with me as to what the change would be. This led to another issue. We had stone in the existing landscaping which was going to be replaced with mulch. Larger stones than we already had was going to be added as an accent around new mulch which would also help to prevent mulch from washing away. Since the trees that were now being used were more expensive than those in the original plan, the decision was made (again without consulting me) to to use the smaller stone we had which offset the cost of the more expensive trees. This was brought up with the owner but nothing was done. I ended up purchasing larger stones myself and finishing doing was supposed to be done per the design. Finally, the biggest issue. Six Sip Laurel plants were replacing existing shrubs used for screening. These were recommended as they held their leaves year-round and their size and shape were ideal for the screening we needed. These looked nice at first, but over the winter months they died off. Apparently, a number of homeowners had issues with this plant over the very cold winter. We were told by one of the workers that came to look at the plants that something else would be used to replace them, but that turned out not to be the case. We received 6 new smaller Skip Laurels than what we had during the spring of 2014. All 6 again proceeded to die off during the following winter and the plants were now out of warranty. I have not had problems with any existing landscaping. My expectation is the landscape designer will provide plants that can survive in the climate we have in this area. I have no idea why anyone would have recommended these plants. Now two years later one of the three new evergreens has died. I called to ask for help in determining what these were since the plan was not updated with the actual trees we received. My first voicemail was not returned. I call again, and this time was told they'll come out to see if they can help. That was over a month ago, so went to someone else that was willing to help. This was one of the worst projects I have had completed. Others may be happy with Atlantic Ridge, but I would not recommend to anyone. Making the final payment to them was a big mistake on my part and I should have at least held firm to get the stone we wanted.

Description of Work
Provided re-design of existing landscaping, replaced several plants, and added some to an expanded area.

Category landscaping, tree service

08/22/2015

Pamela M.

On December 28, 2014 my wife and I took advantage of a promotional offer by Atlantic Ridge which included a landscaping evaluation and plans. On January 21, 2015 we met with an Atlantic Ridge employee at which time we explained that we intended to sell the home in the next three years. Our focus was to have Atlantic Ridge provide recommendations as to how we could improve the curb appeal of the property. Atlantic Ridge did not responde until April 20, 2015 at which point they provided a total redesign of the front landscaping at a cost of approximately $17,000. At that time we informed the designer that this was not what we had discussed, and he agreed to go back to the office and address our specific request. We also communicated with the owner of the company who acknowledged in an email that, "We dropped the ball and I have no defense." and offered a full refund. We appreciated the gesture, but decided to continue working with Atlantic Ridge to obtain the recommendations requested. By May 22 we still had not received any further communication from Atlantic Ridge. I emailed the owner and requested a refund of the promotional amount paid. Bu June 20 I still had not received a response and again emailed a request for a refund. As of this date there has been no response from Atlantic Ridge.

Description of Work
Atlantic Ridge was to provide a drawing and recommendations of landscaping and hardscaping to improve curb appeal for the potential sale of a residential property.

Category excavators, landscaping, hardscaping

It is with great regret to have to respond to a client with a complaint. We worked very hard with this client to present them with a design for the curb appeal for the front of their home. We designed a very nice plan that would achieve the overall look and design to cater to a potential buyer. The homeowner expressed to us a curb appeal design that would enhance the overall look for the front of the home which they planned to sell in the coming few years. In addition to the front of the home design they also requested that a few other areas be designed as well. We spent over 12 hours on the design and meeting with the client. Our deal offer was for a 3 hour consultation, design and second meeting for what I believe was $69.00 or $79.00. We presented the design and the client thought it looked nice but was concerned that the other areas they had requested to be designed were not done as well. At that time we expressed to them we can visit those areas in a word document if they like but they seemed to want them designed as part of the offer. I did express to them at the time of them calling me personally that I would look into the matter. After speaking with my designer he expressed to me that he had over 12 hours in design time and meeting time and at that point we felt that our obligations for the purchase the client made was satisfied. We usually work through these things with our clients but it almost seemed at that point we were expected to provide the additional items and felt our time was not being valued for the original purchase they had made. I have a PDF copy of the design on file and would be more then happy to share this design with any Angie’s list client that would request to view it to see the amount of time and detail that went in to the purchase they made. The client currently has a copy of this design also and it can be used by them as they see fit. We do feel that our agreed upon offer we had extended to this client was more then fair. Regards, Chris Stocker Atlantic Ridge Landscape Design-Build

07/21/2015

Mary L.

Not well... did not get what we paid for. Disappointed

Description of Work
Provider came out to our property but never responded with a quote or plan. Also, stated he would only do the front not the front and back yards of the property

07/15/2015

Faruk B.

He came, looked at it and then he sent me the design. It took some time to receive the design but everything was fine. He was very professional. He came and walked around the premises. he came for landscaping and so he didn't get in to the house. He looked like a very professional and presentable person. He knows what he is doing and looks like he has a good understanding of landscaping. He was a pleasant person to work with. the price was good. Response was really late. I don't think I will use them again because he was late in getting back to me. Some people are fine waiting for a long time but I am not.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Atlantic Ridge.

07/08/2015

Scott B.

They never sent anything back. They never came out and did the actual review of the area we wanted to have done. He asked me to send over pictures and a layout of the area I wanted to have fixed and I sent it over to him. He never replied. I was very unhappy with their service. They never showed up. They didn't even send a quote. He said he was very busy. I just would have expected something more. I was very unimpressed with him. I think he's very unprofessional. If you say you're going to do something, you do it. I was more than willing to work with him. He didn't do anything with that.

Description of Work
I purchased a "Big Deal" for Atlantic Ridge.

Category excavators, landscaping, hardscaping

06/10/2015

Joy A.

I purchased a Big Deal for a landscape evaluation for my husband for Christmas. My husband took a day off work to meet with them and they have yet to deliver the purchased product. They offered us the option to cancel a couple of times, each time stating we could wait about another week or they would refund our money. Then they finally sent an email, just out right telling us to request a refund. From the tone of the email it was very evident that this business did not consider us a customer or a potential customer. The customer service of this business is non-existent. I would not recommend working with the company to anyone since I have absolutely no trust in the ability to deliver what is promised and I have only seen unprofessional behavior.

Description of Work
Provider failed to deliver landscape design plans after meeting with my husband for the planning session.

06/01/2015

Delores H.

Crew did not get along and owner treated me like a used car salesman. Billed me for work that was not completed but removed from bill upon final inspection.

Description of Work
Landscaped rear of house and moved some boulders and brought in some boulders. Installed shrubs and Belgium block border and slate stepping stones.

Category landscaping

Well at times over the last 20 years I have run into some clients you just can not please and this was one of them. I have many photographs of this project and the end result turned out really nice. This client never once had a nice thing to say about us or the work we did. The job exceeded the agreed contract and turned out really nice. I did indeed do additional work outside the contract price for them and billed them $100.00 for an extra 5 hours of work and a full truckload of debris hauled away but like I said some people you just can't please even after you do a nice thing for them. We did have a crew issue for 1 day and internally we addressed that issue. It was nothing more then a disagreement among men and the end result of the project was not effected at all. The client had some really poor work done in the past by other contractors that they could not stop bad mouthing and to get the result we gave them and the response they issued on Angie's list just goes to show some people are never happy. I stand behind this job and will be proud to show anyone the pictures or even the project if they like? And to say I treated them like a used car salesman is beyond me. I really should have been more selective in the client I chose to work for on this project. My reputation speaks for itself and we will continue to provide great service and installations as we have been for the last 20 years.

05/13/2015

Lori L.

The plan was purchased on 11/4/2014 and the initial communication between us and Chris was great. He asked for available dates to get together as well as an idea of what we are looking to do in our yard. We were in the process of settling on a date in November when communication from Chris ceased. We didn't hear from him until December 22nd when Chris asked if we could set up a meeting in early January. Communication was great leading up to and including the meeting on January 10th. Chris came out, took pictures, looked at the plans we had created ourselves and then gave us some of his ideas. Chris then took our plans and promised to return them with the finished design from Atlantic Ridge. Over a month later, after hearing and receiving nothing from Chris we contacted him asking for an update. Another month passed by and Chris finally responded to us on March 13th that the plans would be emailed to us. (it took Chris 2 months to contact us after our in person meeting.) Two weeks goes by and we still had not received the plans so on March 26th we asked for an update. Chris responded the same day and a few days later we received the plans Atlantic Ridge created. From the time we made the purchase it took 4.5 months to receive the product. Two weeks later on April 9th we asked Chris to please send us our homemade plans we let him borrow as well as an estimate on the cost of revising the plans from Atlantic Ridge as well as doing some of the landscaping he laid out. As of today (May 13th) we have not received a response from Chris. The plans that were created look great and we are happy with them but we just wanted some adjustment made. We had fully planned on having Atlantic Ridge do some work that was outlined in the landscape design we purchased as well as some additional work but not now. Customer service is a priority when it comes to any service and Chris' lack of communication skills does not give us confidence that he or his company would ever complete a project well or on time.

Description of Work
We purchased a deal on Angie's List for a $69 Landscaping Evaluation and Plans. We did receive a landscape plan for our yard.

Category excavators, landscaping

10/31/2014

Joe O.

Atlantic Ridge was very responsive and we were able to make an appt. quickly with them to start the design. Update - We cancelled our pool project and no longer required their services. Will definitely use them again for future projects based on their professionalism.

Description of Work
Bought a landscape design package to design landscape around the pool.