Jackson Construction

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2012

We are a family run business and I am a 4th generation contractor, having recieved my first contractors liscense in 1978. We specialize in remodeling light commercial and residential buildings. Our skill set is framed in meeting the needs of our customers with a focus on troubleshooting problems and recommending specific solutions. We place emphasis on doing turnkey work and have the ability to provide design and build services. We self perform some carpentry related tasks, but bring in sub contractors to help get larger projects done more quickly. I always rely on licensed plumbers and electricians to do specialty work, while applying for building permits and having the proper inspections completed as occasion requires. Since communication is such a large part of success, we use smart phones to stay in constant contact with our customers as we work together. Payments with Visa is possible. Generally we require 50% payment upon acceptance and the balance upon completion....

Before

202097306
Kim's Shower and bath project
Kim's Shower and bath

202097330

home remodeling (57)woodworking (17)plumbers (17)flooring (17)drywall (17)interior painting (16)lighting (16)door installation (15)countertop installation (14)tile installation (14)cabinet makers (13)siding companies (12)

05/22/2022

cori Y.

Fantastic! This was honestly one of the smoothest remodels/contractor service I have ever experienced. Dorson was very communicative, and up front about the time/and services. Project was on budget, he gave us different choices and also took time to explain the differences between them. We got daily updates about our job, including pictures and brief descriptions of the days work, which was incredibly helpful while teaching me things that will be helpful in the future. Jackson Construction wasn't the cheapest, however they focus on quality, and this was definitely true for our job. Every job/remodel will have hiccups, but he made sure everything went right, fixed any errors and has a great sense of time. the estimate on how long the job would take was very close to reality, and shockingly reliable, which also speaks to the quality of his work and subcontractors. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 04/01/2022

09/29/2021

Brian M.

Dorson was very patient while we worked through some different options for remodeling work we hoped to have completed and what we could manage within our budget. Jackson Construction/Dorson has the expertise, knowledge and connections needed to tackle everything we had on our list. We also have an older home (1920), that not all contractors are willing to invest their time in. All of the work we had done was professional managed, with quality subcontractors and completed in a very timely manner. The handful of issues that did arise (nothing out of the ordinary) were quickly addressed and rectified as needed. Dorson helped us take a giant leap forward in helping transition our house into our home. I highly recommend Jackson Construction and would contract with Dorson again.

Description of Work
New siding, windows, framing in a small front porch to become a master closet, and remodeling a small room into a master bath, transforming a small living room area into a master suite.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, glass repair, gutter repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, drain pipe, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/13/2021

Review for Jackson Construction - PO Box 3912, Salem, OR - 39491736

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure to work with you on your home. It was a challenging project to transform a 1940's farm house into a modern beauty, but it was fun to do. Thank you for moving out for a few days during the dustiest times, and also for patience as we worked while you were still living in the home. Thanks again, Dorson

07/07/2021

Sandi B.

Great. Very timely looking forward to working with them again

Description of Work

Category electrician, lighting, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/07/2021

06/02/2021

Heidi H.

Jackson Construction did a superb job on my kitchen/DR and bath remodels. I'm having them back to possibly add a sunroom and rebuild the front porch. I will try to add some pix if the review form will let me. Quality builder, obviously would use again because I already am. :-)

Description of Work
Kitchen and bath remodel

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

Review for Jackson Construction - PO Box 3912, Salem, OR - 39354717

07/13/2020

Ashley W.

Timely response and gave a tip so I could do some of the work myself and save a little money.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

07/07/2020

Brittany S.

This was a huge stressful job that we were dreading. A little bit of visible dry rot turned into a much larger job than was expected. However, all the stress was lifted once Dorson took on the job. He had wonderful ideas, knowledge and the ability to handle it all. He had great communication and he handled the permit process with the city as well as the HOA Board meeting review. The jobsite was always kept clean and was easy to work with and made the process much easier than expected. The result was a beautiful kitchen that made our house beautiful to live in, and a revised/exterior that made our house Look spectacular from the curb and also easy to market when it came time to sell. I would recommend Dorson for any job and will use him again in the future!

Description of Work
whole house remodel

Category drywall, flooring contractor, picture framing, gutter repair, lighting, roofing, siding, replacement windows, architect, house painters, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/09/2020

07/07/2020

Mary G.

This is the 3rd time I have used Jackson Construction. Dorson is fabulous to work with. He is honest and does what he says he will. For part of the time, I was out of the state and Dorson kept me apprised of the progress with texts, pictures and videos. There was excellent communication between him and I, with text and phone calls and in person conversation. He returned every phone call and answered every text. His job site is extra clean and he goes to great lengths to make sure the rest of your house is kept as clean and safe as possible while you are living in it. He’s especially good at designing the rotation of the subcontractos especially knowing which job comes inext and has everyone lined up and ready to go. I have had so many compliments on the job he did and would highly recommend this company. Would definitely use Jackson Construction again. ...in a heartbeat!!!

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, gutter repair, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, garage builders, woodworking, drain pipe, marble & granite, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 07/07/2020

06/01/2020

Terrie H.

It was spectacular!!! Dorson is a true professional and a delight to work with that can suggest alternatives and resolve problems and is willing to modify. He was great at laying out the detail and cost up front and clear on changes. He was on task and available and has a great team of sub-contractors. The job went smooth (a lot better than I expected) and I was informed along the way. I did a significant ($$$$$) remodel to modify a house for ADA and comfort: modified 3 baths for wheelchairs with a roll in shower/drop down seat, ada height sinks, widened all doorways, installed tile (heated in baths) and hardwood throughout house, significantly increased kitchen island with adjustable height breakfast bar (work height to seating height) and modified a lot of cabinetry with full height pull out pantries, pull up door over pull out work surfaces and soft close hinges and drawer pulls). Modified air circulation by upgrading to quiet dual speed fans in baths/laundry (always on low and increase when someone enters) that really improves the air quality through the house and added a high volume hood over the gas cooktop requiring make-up air vents. We added ornamental iron framed privacy screens in the back yard. Extensive electrical: adding recessed lighting and fans, modifying all lighting to LED, modifying to "smart" controls, heated floors, heated toto bidet toilet seats, splitting existing circuits and adding circuits and emergency access for generator on vital circuits. New plumbing and electrical fixtures throughout. Even redirecting the dryer vent. A big job with lots of hurdles, a little learning for us both and changes along the way. It was an awesome job that I am very pleased with. I would certainly hire Dorson again!!!!

Description of Work
Whole House Remodel

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, glass repair, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, remodeling, architect, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

Review for Jackson Construction - PO Box 3912, Salem, OR - 38608826

05/08/2020

Linda J.

He spent a lot of time identifying the problems with the gutters, the front of house, the stairs, & deck, explaining options & potential costs. If we decide to go ahead with the projects, we will definitely have Jackson do it. Based on his explanations, the cause & solutions to this problem were very clear.

Description of Work
Gutter overflowing,

Category decks, home builders, architect

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

10/29/2019

Greg P.

From initial consultation to completion, we recieved the highest level of customer service and quality workmanship that went beyond our expectations. A deteriorating wood deck was replaced with a composite that required additional engineering for the weight of the new material. Dorson carefully designed the structural reinforcements and directed his team in precise installation. We couldn't be happier. Communication, meticulous attention to detail, and expert craftsmanship make Dorson our only choice now for home improvement and remodeling projects. This was our third project with him and we recommend without hesitation.

Description of Work
Replacement of 2nd story deck

Category decks, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

Review for Jackson Construction - PO Box 3912, Salem, OR - 38200438

10/24/2019

Peter & Linda K.

The project is about 50% complete at this time and we can’t say enough about our wonderful experience with Jackson Construction (Dorson Jackson). This is our first experience with new construction and/or remodeling. Dorson has guided us through planning our project to meet our “vision”. HIs vast knowledge and experience has been so valuable to us and we are so happy we chose him as our general contractor. I will review further upon completion of our project. So far we are quite pleased with Dorson, as well as all of the trade subcontractors he hired. I am excited to write a more thorough review soon. You can’t go wrong with Jackson Construction!

Description of Work
Added 2 master master suite bedrooms/baths to existing home. Built a sun room to connect two buildings.

Category closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, glass repair, hardwood floor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, septic tank, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, drain pipe, house painters, interior painters, doors, sunrooms

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

10/24/2019

Thomas W.

Dorson responded immediately to our call and met twice with me at the property, with our insurance adjuster. He provided detailed bid pricing, and created drawings for the repair work the very next day. His quick response and ability to work with and explain the scope of the job to the insurance adjuster made the approval process easy. Dorson has applied for the necessary building permit and plans to start the repair as soon as the permit is received and weather cooperates. I will provide an update once the work is done.

Description of Work
We had a tree fall on a home we own in Salem after a storm that required some roof and other repair work.

Category contractors, drywall, gutter repair, roofing, siding, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/24/2019

09/05/2019

Andee F.

Mr. Jackson was quickly able to come by and take a look at what projects I have wanting to get done. He was able to discuss ideas and suggest how projects could be performed to still keep the integrity of the home while also updating it. No remodeling services have been rendered at the time of this posting.

Description of Work
Starting the process of getting a bathroom remodeled

Work Completed On 09/05/2019

05/16/2019

JB P.

Dorson Jackson and his crew did a beautiful job with this challenging project of converting a small storage room in the basement into a full bathroom for our special-needs teenage son. They solved unique situations with plumbing (did you know that pipes can be flushed 'uphill' with a special injection system?) and created the most lovely bathroom in our entire house in a timely and affordable way. This not only made our home more functional but also added value to our home by helping us create a 'studio/suite' that can be used in a variety of ways in the future. I can't wait to hire them again for a future remodeling project! They were polite, clean, professional, and trust worthy in every way.

Description of Work
Converting a small storage room into a full bathroom

Category electrician, glass repair, hardwood floor, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

Review for Jackson Construction - PO Box 3912, Salem, OR - 37878156

07/06/2018

Don K.

Very prompt, and provided some ideas about what I wanted to accomplish. Also gave me perspective on the cost to do the work. I appreciated the upfront, straightforward discussion which led me to not move forward with the project. If I had moved forward I would definitely have had Jackson Construction.

Description of Work
Bedroom Addition

Category contractors, picture framing, remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 07/06/2018

06/21/2018

Dennis L.

It went well and all work was completed on schedule. Dorson Jackson and his crew were a pleasure to work with and everything was done skillfully and courteously. All appliances and materials are high end and the kitchen looks just great!

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/21/2018

Review for Jackson Construction - PO Box 3912, Salem, OR - 37174642

Thank you [Member Name Removed] It was a pleasure to work for you to make your home beautiful with a new kitchen. Thank you for your kind words, this means alot to me. Dorson

04/17/2018

jerry M.

It went great! Better than great. Dorson is patient, friendly, personable, and professional. His attention to craftsmanship almost doesn't exist anymore. He wants to do a good job because it's an inner drive, and you can't find that very easily these days. He hires the best people and demands the most from them. He exceeded our high expectations and he brought the project in under budget. He has our highest recommendation.

Description of Work
We added a room and a covered porch

Category custom cabinets, concrete repair, drywall, heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling, roofing, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, cabinet refacing, doors, sunrooms, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/17/2018

Review for Jackson Construction - PO Box 3912, Salem, OR - 36988572

02/01/2018

WILLIAM R M.

Spoke with Dorson at Jackson Construction, he referred me to a plumber who could perform the work we're looking for. Thank You!

Description of Work
Phone consultation about plumbing work.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 02/01/2018

11/14/2017

Lawrence L.

The whole process went excellent. In our experience with using contractors we found this team to be the easiest and most professional to work with. When we had questions they were very informed and walked us through the process. The team that Dorson has put together were very helpful, attentive, on time and very courteous. They listened to our concerns and worked with us throughout the job. Dorson had a complete packet made up of all aspects of the job. It included names, numbers, address's of the team and where to find them. We knew who would be where on most days. If a problem arose we were informed immediately. It was dealt with in a quick manner and to our satisfaction. We expected it to take at least 2 months to complete and they were done in 4 1/2 weeks. I would like to thank Dorson Jackson and his team for giving me the kitchen of my dreams. I would highly recommend Jackson Construction .

Description of Work
Total remodel of Kitchen from floor to ceiling. We also had HVAC units put in with pump.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2017

Review for Jackson Construction - PO Box 3912, Salem, OR - 36565440

10/18/2017

Lucy M.

Everyone was wonderful. All the workers were polite professionals who take pride in their work. We were kept informed as work progressed,everyone cleaned up after themselves. I would use this company again, and would recommend it to others.

Description of Work
master bathroom remodeled to accommodate ADA needs. New shower, tile work, drywall, doors widened.

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

10/15/2017

Jay-E E.

We used Dorson for a small job that involved flooring, plumbing and door replacement. He managed multiple subcontractors and served in the general contractor role, which was very convenient for me, not having to individually hire different tradespeople. He gave a detailed quote from the beginning and was always on time - he's dependable. He did a really good job overall and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to someone else for a similar type of project.

Description of Work
Laundry room remodel: Replace clogged drain line from washing machine. Replace vinyl flooring. Replace door from garage to laundry room. Re-connect washer and dryer.

Category flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

05/27/2017

Mary B.

We are still in the research phase of this project.

Description of Work
I needed some light remodeling for an older home. Dorson Jackson answered my call right away and was very helpful and professional. He gave me a feel for the cost and for what it would take to do our project. He even took the time to educate me about some code issues! This type of information is very helpful as we decide what to do and which direction to go with our project. He has continued to be very easy to get hold of, responsive and communicative.

Category remodeling