Tough Bug Solutions

Founded 2010 • With Angi since August 2011

Tough Bug Solutions has been serving the Portland metro area with the highest quality pest control services for years. Call us today for all your exterminator needs. Our services include but are not limited to: the removal of termites, carpenter ants, small ants, spiders, roaches, fleas,

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

Pest Control Project - Yellow Jackets

pest control

Yellow Jacket nest killed inside bathroom exhaust vent. Fortunately homeowner was not getting yellow jackets inside the bathroom. The problem: yellow jackets were blocking the vent to the point where the exhaust fan was not venting air out of the bathroom. The solution: kill yellow jackets then have a duct cleaning service clean out the vent.
View project

pest control (43)animal removal (1)

06/27/2022

Debra C.

The were very quick and the yellow jackets. Are gone.

Description of Work
Yellow jacket nest

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

01/23/2021

Dominic N.

Jay responded quickly to our request and removed the dead Possum in our crawl space. He disinfected the area and inspected all vent wells and found 2 that needed to be fixed to prevent future pest access. I Would hire again!

Description of Work
Dead animal removal and vent repair.

Category pest control, animal removal

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

07/21/2020

Troy B.

Great first experience with Tough Bug Solutions. Jalon was top notch and thorough. Fair pricing, same day service. Thanks!

Description of Work
Wasp hive removal, Carpenter Ant treatment

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

Thank you for the review!!

07/07/2018

Frances B.

When we phoned them, they explained what we needed to do to prepare the house for the extermination. On the day of the extermination, he arrived on time, explained what and where he would be spraying for the ants. We went to lunch and returned home with not an ant in sight. It's been about a year and we are still ant free. Would not hesitate to call them again...they were great and they gave us a very fair price. Thank you.

Description of Work
ant extermination

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

09/13/2017

Cheryl D.

They were great. They were phenomenal. It was awesome. It was very scary. He said we had this giant wasp nest underneath our foundation. It was like a highway of bees going into this hole in our prior front door. He was great. It was so worth it. I would have paid twice that. It was so scary, but it was great, it worked. Everything was good.

Description of Work
Remove wasp nest.

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

Thank you for your review of our service. Have a wonderful day.

08/01/2017

Francesca F.

Jay was prompt, professional, took care of the problem fast.

Description of Work
Exterminator---yellow jackets

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

Thank you for the review. If there is anything else we can do for you, let us know. -Jay

07/19/2017

Erica T.

Ray inspected the exterior of my home for entry points and listed two possible entry points. He proceeded into the crawl space to determine the type of infestation and again checked for entry points (taking detailed photos. Returned to me and discussed a plan to address the issues, laid down the appropriate repellant, and provided me with options for repair to the entry points once the mice had a chance to escape. Excellent operator and highly organized. I will recommend him to everyone.

Description of Work
Mice were in the crawl space of my home...

Work Completed On 07/17/2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our work. If there is anything else we can do, let us know. -Jay

05/26/2017

Dana L.

They were prompt and the service has taken care of the issue. We have to do quarterly service to make sure it stays that way. The cost was cheaper when you sign up for quarterly service and the good part is that you can add issues on.

Description of Work
Get rid or sugar ants and carpenter ants.

Work Completed On 05/26/2017

Thank you for the review. Please contact us at the first sign of any pests we are treating for. We will take care of you under your warranty.

02/01/2017

Kevin D.

Each month they came out and sprayed they charged me around $100. they did inside and out. The first treatment, they came inside and sprayed around the baseboards. We had to be out of the house for about an hour after they did that. Then they sprayed the outside. Monthly follow on appointments were all on the outside. We didn't have any ill effects.

Description of Work
I signed up for a program that lasted about five months or so to get rid of sugar ants.

Work Completed On 12/20/2016

Thank you for your review of our service. We look forward to taking care of your home.

11/22/2016

John H.

He came out and we no longer have a Yellow Jacket problem. Excellent service! I would recommend them and use them, again.

Description of Work
Yellow Jacket Bee Removal

Work Completed On 08/31/2016

Thank you for your review. Call us again if needed. -Jay

11/15/2016

Cheryle G.

Jay took quite a bit of time with me to explain the issues and help me identify possible areas of access. He then took a LOT of time trying to locate the offending odor so he could remove the carcass. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to find it, and thinks it might either be under the plastic or - possibly - in the insulation. He assured me that it will go away within a couple of weeks, and left an odor eliminator in the crawlspace. He also placed bait in the crawlspace and set me up with three bait stations outside, which they will monitor on a bi-monthly basis. By agreeing to a 6-month (three visits for removal and re-baiting) I was able to save $100. Overall, I was very satisfied with the service, and was happy that they were so responsive and thorough. I have used them for mice last year, but declined the extended service at that time. A lesson for those of us who live where rodents might prowl!

Description of Work
Something big - a rat or maybe a possum or raccoon - got in my crawlspace and died. I needed someone to come remove the carcass (it's stinking up my house) and put me on a rodent control plan, as well as to tell me how to keep it from happening in the future.

Work Completed On 11/14/2016

Thank you for the review. Let us know if there are any other issues we can help with. -Jay

10/17/2016

Christina M.

Prompt service, fast & effective treatment, friendly service. I would definitely hire Tough Bug again!

Description of Work
VERY active yellow jacket nest needed removal (my husband & I had both been attacked!).

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

Thanks for the review. Call us for any bug, rat or mouse issue. -Jay

10/07/2016

Phurithat K.

Came to treat the yellowjacket nest the following day. After two week, all the yellowjacket were gone and we were able to remove the nest as advised. Professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Requested to treat the yellowjacket nest in front of the house.

Work Completed On 10/07/2016

10/06/2016

Dorothy C.

He came the day I called, explained what needed to be done and handled it very efficiently. I have had no more trouble, even though he guaranteed his work and would come back if needed. I would definitely use their service again.

Description of Work
He took care of 2 yellow jacket nests.

Work Completed On 10/06/2016

09/06/2016

Jacob V.

Scheduling was a nightmare. Not an efficient process. No call to confirm schedule, Had to call company 4 times to find out when the service would be completed, after completing a request schedule online. The dispatch has no way of getting in touch of the exterminator on call to schedule directly with customers... strange. Overall I have to rate the service as a C. because once the exterminator came to the residence, the job was completed. He did say he would call back within a few days to see if the nest was 100% dead, No phone call. Hopefully this won't happen again, but I might try another company next time.

Description of Work
Hornet nest removal/ extermination

Work Completed On 08/10/2016

08/20/2016

DENISE W.

Great!!! Very Professional. They were easy to contact and setup an appointment. I also appreciated the heads-up call when they were on the way. Jay showed up on time and was well equipped to deal with the issue. Their treatment eliminated the nest within the day. This was a lot easier than the 4 DIY spray applications I tried that didn't work. I'd definitely call them first next time.

Description of Work
Yellow Jacket Nest in Woodpile

Work Completed On 08/19/2016

07/15/2016

Yvonne H.

Scheduled the work for the same day I called. Showed up on time. Called prior to arrival. Did the job rapidly. As a matter of fact it took Jay longer to put his suit on than it did to do the job.

Description of Work
Eradicated bees from a bees nest in our community park.

Work Completed On 07/14/2016

03/14/2016

Tim J.

Jay showed up with the time frame. He explained the process completely. He explained pricing and re-treats. He used booties anytime he walked around the inside of the house. Approximately 10 days after the initial spray, we had a sugar ant breakout. Jay came back within a reasonable time frame and resprayed the area. This follow-up was covered by the warranty which I was grateful to have. Jay's a great representative to his trade.

Description of Work
Sprayed interior and exterior for sugar ants. Set up a few more appointments for exterior re-treats. Explained warranty.

Work Completed On 03/14/2016

02/24/2016

Shannon A.

They were kind, patient with questions, punctual, helpful and delivered services as promised. Would definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
Treat house for beetles

Work Completed On 02/16/2016

01/15/2016

Sally S.

Very thorough and quick. Well done

Description of Work
Interior/exterior spray for spiders and small bugs

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

01/02/2016

Pamela K.

I had noticed a rat in my garage and called Tough Bug Solutions when I saw a deal on Angie's. I schedules an appt with Jay. Jay called to notify me when he was on the way to my home. He arrived on time. Jay was very friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. He explained that rats usually come in through the crawl space. He inspected the outside perimeter of my home and found 2 areas rats may have entered. He then went into the crawl space and found rat droppings. He then set bait in the crawl space and assured me it would kill the rats. He also told me how to seal the space the rats were using to enter through (after 1 month so they don't die in the crawl space) to prevent further infestation. Jay covered options for future treatment but I felt no pressure. I will definitely call Tough Bug Solutions again if I have bug or rodent problems.

Description of Work
Inspected for rodents.

Work Completed On 12/29/2015

12/31/2015

Cheryle G.

Jay arrived as promised, and walked with me through the house to look at the areas where I'd been hearing or seeing evidence of mice. He pointed out a couple of areas where they were probably gaining access, and applied bait in my crawlspace and in the kitchen wall. He also told me that he saw old evidence of rat activity, which I was aware of, but that there didn't appear to be a problem currently. I told him that I had eliminated what I thought had attracted them, and he agreed. He was efficient and thorough and answered all my questions. He offered additional services and a warranty, which I declined, but there wasn't any pressure to buy. I'm happy with the service and hopeful that mice will soon be just a memory!

Description of Work
Applied bait to my crawl space and inside the wall under the kitchen sink to (hopefully) eliminate my mouse problem.