Jack L Woods Plumbing Co Inc

Founded 1977 • With Angi since August 1995

130 E Home St

Westerville, OH 43081

Approx 20 employees. No subs. Charges by the hour. Travel charges may apply. No service fee. Extra charge for after-hours service. May contact via phone or email. Award winning....

plumbers (2599)water heaters (332)drain cleaning (202)well & water pump repair (97)home remodeling (28)appliance repair (27)water softeners (15)small appliance repair (12)irrigation system (11)gas fireplace repair (3)grill repair (3)generator service (1)

08/26/2021

I showed the plumber exactly where the leaking drain was above our kitchen stove, inside the stove exhaust hood. His comment was “I can’t work under there”. He then proceeded to cut large holes in our kitchen ceiling to supposedly find the source of the leak. After determining there was neither leak nor drain pipe there, he cut another section where I had originally indicated. He then determines t...

Description of Work
Fix leaking 2nd floor tub drain

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 07/28/2021

Review for Jack L Woods Plumbing Co Inc - 130 E Home St, Westerville, OH - 39454154

Our technician made a mistake in cutting the first hole where he did. We told the customer we'd work with him to repair the ceiling, and we stand by that. The $300 price cited is clearly not for the same scope of work we recommended. Our estimate was for replacing rust and corrosion throughout the whole branch of plumbing, including material costs--a long-term, preventative solution, which may be ...

08/09/2021

Perfect, Avesta explained everything and his work is beautiful. He even then saw the water was coming out slow from kitchen spigot and he fixed that! Wonderful experience. Thanks

Description of Work
fix leak in line from sink down to basement, etc

Category appliance repair,plumbing

Work Completed On 09/10/2021

07/07/2021

First available appointment was 1 week out. On the day of the appointment, we got a call near the end of our appointment window (12-6) asking if we'd like to reschedule. After we said "no", they apparently subbed the work out to Eco Plumbers, who showed up that night and wanted up to $500 to do the work. I have a "For Sale" sign in my lawn -- did they suspect I was desperate? I got a different plu...

Description of Work
Replace a cartridge for shower faucet

Category

Work Completed On 07/06/2021

We have been searching for a work order for anything under your name (we do not have an address from Angi) and have found nothing. It is confusing because we never set a window of 12-6 (the latest window we ever have is 12-4 unless the job is scheduled for emergency service after hours), and never sub out work to anyone. We have found no evidence of ever having set up a service call for you. Could...

06/08/2021

We found Jack L Woods first in the Angie's list, and then used them twice in the past year. They were very responsive, came to fix plumbing issues in a timely manner, and did high quality jobs.

Description of Work
fix a basement floor drain and fix a leaking bathtub

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

01/14/2021

It was excellent! They were efficient, and cleaned up after themselves. The repair was done correctly, and I haven't had any issues since then.

Description of Work
They replaced a leaky toilet.

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

12/24/2020

Contacted them for a quote. Guy came out, took a few pictures and a video with his phone. Said I would hear from them in a few days with quote. A week later, had heard nothing so called to inquire. Person said she'd check into it and someone would call me back. That was 10 days ago. Never heard from them again.

Description of Work
Replace a gas tankless water heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/24/2020

We failed to follow through, as noted. Not an excuse, but the job had complexities we needed to research, then a vacation and incomplete internal communication by one of our people led to the break down. We've since reconnected with the customer and apologized.

11/06/2020

Jack Woods plumbing does not do this type of work.

Description of Work
Need to have water line from well to house moved.

Category air duct cleaning,wells

Work Completed On 11/06/2020

11/05/2020

I was ripped off with the price. I was charged for 31/2 hours that was 94.00 per hour. I was not advised that there are items that they will add it to my service. I found out that the parts was only $51.00.

Description of Work
It was good.

Cost $341.1

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

10/29/2020

Friendly, Prompt, efficient. Good work. A little higher in cost.

Description of Work
Toliet leaking down through wall to 1st story, cut out dry wall, replaced pipe, & tightened up kitchen faucet handle.

Category plumbing,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/28/2020

We had a great experience with the company. Barry came out today and immediately found the problems we have had with pipe issues and running water. Another company told us we had "air" in our pipes. This was definitely not the issue. He was able to quickly locate and fix a few problems we had. He was very personable and even played with our dog. When we called we were told it would be about ten da...

Description of Work
Water running, toilet repair, sink repair, water pipes

Category plumbing,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

Plumbing repairs & replacement - remodeling & new construction, water heaters, sump pumps, garbage disposals, backflow devices, interior drain & water lines

Gas leak repair, exterior gas, sewers, water service repairs & replacement, septic tanks, well pumps, water softener repair, air duct cleaning