A+ Furniture Upholstery

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2012

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating
Furniture - Custom Made

We use both established and new technologies, and have changed much in the furniture upholstery process, which allows us to provide top-of-the-line quality. Come visit our showroom to see our displays of headboards, custom made ottomans and designer fabrics to choose from. Always check out our website for more specials!!!...

MARY ANNE'S PLACE

We can take care of all of your sewing and alteration needs.

Gotcha Covered of Hudson

Window coverings play a major role in the entire look and feel of your home. At Gotcha Covered of Hudson, we’re committed to helping you get the most out of every single room in your house. We proudly offer custom window treatments, including blinds, draperies, shutters, and more that can take your home from drab to fab!

Pinpoint Painting LLC

As a multiple year Super Service Award Winner, we offer interior & exterior painting services (residential & commercial) in Northeast Ohio including the Cleveland and Akron areas. Along with providing high quality workmanship, we work hard to deliver exceptional customer service and responsive communication with every project. We offer free estimates and accept all major credit cards. We typically do not require any upfront payment for projects less than $3,000. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business! Note: Due to the structuring of our crews and production scheduling, we have a minimum project size of $1,500 for exterior projects and $750 for interior projects.

Offers by Pinpoint Painting LLC on Angi

07/02/2020

Donna H.

Absolutely thrilled with results of upholstery on two chairs. Matching of pattern was amazing. Very professional and customer responsive. Will definitely use them again and highly recommend this business to others

Description of Work
Upholstering - General

04/26/2019

BORIS K.

My decorator (this happened to be her upholsterer also and since I already had gotten a quote she couldn"t charge me more) picked out some fabrics for me to view. I had gone back once to find a more washable fabric (which they have)...and was ready to start with the chairs and ottoman. They ceased communications. End of story. I couldn't get any more responses by email or phone. I told them I could deliver the ottomans and chairs. I'd consider rehiring...but wondering what went wrong here...

Description of Work
I requested a quote for an 84' COUCH, two chairs and two ottomans. I promptly recieved a reasonable quote of $1250.00 plus the cost of 20 yards of fabric of my chosing ($30/yrd and up) which would add $600-800 to the cost. This is for the couch only. Total cost would be $1800 or up depending on cost of fabric. this was with $30 fabric. This was reasonable for me.

Category upholstery

Hello [Member Name Removed], We actually were doing all the communication with [Member Name Removed]. We have provided all the necessary information to her at the very beginning of the process and continuing communication through out . She had not informed us that she was working with an interior designer. Policy of our business if a client works with interior designer all the communication goes through interior designer( to avoid mistakes, and miscommunication). So interior designer had made a selection of fabrics, which [Member Name Removed] loved at first. [Member Name Removed] was looking for washable fabrics( in case if there will be an accident), I have called all of our fabric companies and inquired( I was advised that none of the fabric are designed to be washed, and it will not be covered by warranty, they can be only spot cleaned, but that would not help when the fabric gets soiled). I offered [Member Name Removed] to go with Crypton fabric selection( they have extra protection for soil repellant) , and was able to find another selection of fabrics. She was in our shop two more times and we spend with her 2 hours on fabric selection. Obviously Crypton fabrics are more expensive and they would be more suitable for this project, but your wife insisted on regular fabric selection, and again we explained that fabric companies are not going stand behind the warranty. Later [Member Name Removed] called and talked to Arkadiy, he advised her to come in during the business hours if she would like and go through books that we have. I would love to get more input from you on how much more I could have done to make it more clear . Also what was not nice on Cindys part is talking bad about the interior designer who helped her with fabric selection( interior designer did it free of charge ). So that is about professionalism! As far providing a rating for quality , we did not do any jobs for you, so it is not an accurate statement. That is what went wrong!!! As far as rehiring I think its a wise decision. We wish you best of luck!

07/02/2018

Victor D.

Went for consultation on water damaged sofa. Knowledge was shared and opined that the furniture was ok. They repaired a torn zipper on a cushion cover in a flash and did not take money for it. Great people.

Description of Work
General advice

11/13/2017

Trina C.

They were very knowledgeable and friendly, and made suggestions about fabrics. They had a large selection to choose from, and their samples in their shop were very impressive. Arkady and Marina definitely know what they're doing!!

Description of Work
I had 5 chairs recovered.

05/20/2017

Maureen M.

I cannot say enough about the outstanding job that Arkadiy and Marina recently did for me! Basically, Arkadiy rebuilt a 15 year old stationery chair and made it a SWIVEL chair that looks brand new! Additionally, he upholstered 2 hassocks and Marina made 2 beautiful pillows to match. I have had furniture recovered in years past; however, the quality workmanship of A+ Furniture Upholstery is by far the best! I strongly recommended their services!

Description of Work
I had a living room chair and 2 hassocks upholstered. Additionally, I had 2 couch pillows made.

Category furniture repair,interior designers,upholstery,alterations

03/09/2017

Ruth S.

We are extremely happy with our "new" chairs. We have had these chairs recovered three other times in the past. This is the best they have ever looked! We discovered that the previous upholsterers we used never took out the old padding. They just covered over it! A+ took the chairs down to the bare wood and completely rebuilt them from the inside out. We could not be more pleased with the final product! Marina and her husband are pleasant and helpful and knowledgeable and skilled! Communication was excellent. We never had a problem reaching them and were always well informed as to where we stood in the process. We visited their facility which is clean and well run. Right now they are working on custom-making a new ottoman to complement the chairs. We feel that the price we paid was more than fair for the quality of work we received. We will definitely and without a doubt use A+ Furniture Upholstery and highly recommend them! They are A+++++++++ !!!

Description of Work
Two living room chairs reupholstered and one custom ottoman made.

02/26/2017

Margaret H.

I went to A+ Furniture Upholstery's location in Solon in late October 2016. Marina and Arkadiy Tutelman (the busines owners) were very personable. They said they provided free pickup and delivery--which I really appreciated because I had no way to get the furniture to their location. There were lots of 'books' with fabric samples from which to choose. I told Marina that I was interested in a fabric that would fit the era of the furniture that needed to be recovered. She pulled a few books off the shelves in their display room and I looked through the fabric samples and chose one that appeared to be just what I had in mind for the project. Marina ordered the fabric (which I paid for 'up front'). It took approximately 3 months for the fabric to arrive. Arkadiy came to my house with a truck and picked up the furniture. When they started removing the existing upholstery on my furniture, they sent photos to show me what it looked like 'inside.' They kept in touch during the reupholstering process to let me know how the work was progressing. They sent photos of the finished 'product' and I was very pleased with the appearance. Since there was extra fabric, they offered to make 3 pillows (1 for the chair and 2 for the settee) and gave me the price. I agreed, and they made the 3 pillows that day, and then delivered the furniture that night. I am very happy with the finished 'product.'

Description of Work
I had an antique settee and Victorian chair that I wanted to have reupholstered.

11/01/2016

Jan N.

Very professional, excellent quality, and friendly service. Exactly what I was looking for.

Description of Work
New seat covers for 4 dining room chairs

09/09/2016

Daniel C.

They were great. They came out picked up the furniture and brought it back and gave us a good estimate, where timely when they could take it and bring it back was perfect so. I thought it was a little high but I don't know what other comparable would be. I'd say it was very high quality turned out wonderful.

Description of Work
I used A+ Furniture Upholstery for furniture - refinishing & repair and upholstering - general. They redid some kitchen table and chair for us.

Category furniture repair,upholstery

07/15/2016

Don S.

I selected this company to re-upholster a sofa and two love seats based on the many awards and positive reviews they got from Angie’s List customers. I don’t know what happened, but when I was submitting this review, I could not see the “Service Awards” and “Pages of Happiness” that had been submitted by previous customers. Too bad, because in my opinion, they deserved all of them. Before selecting A+, I got three bids. A+ was the most reasonable of the three and the work they did exceeded my expectations. They stripped the furniture to the bare frame, repaired all of the defects, added foam padding to the arm rests , replaced all the foam in the seat cushions, and made sure they met our firmness needs before delivery to us. I give the owners, Marina and Arkadiy, the highest marks for service professionalism and quality of work.

Description of Work
Re-upholster three pieces of furniture

Category furniture repair,upholstery

Residential and commercial re-upholstery. Custom-made furniture & cushions, Outdoor pillows and cushions, Marine upholstery

Carpentry Work, General Exterior Home Repairs, Porch Repairs, Ask for Details