A+ Furniture Upholstery

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2012

30405 Solon Rd Unit 4

Solon, OH 44139

We use both established and new technologies, and have changed much in the furniture upholstery process, which allows us to provide top-of-the-line quality. Come visit our showroom to see our displays of headboards, custom made ottomans and designer fabrics to choose from. Always check out our

07/02/2020

Donna H.

Absolutely thrilled with results of upholstery on two chairs. Matching of pattern was amazing. Very professional and customer responsive. Will definitely use them again and highly recommend this business to others

Description of Work
Upholstering - General

04/26/2019

BORIS K.

My decorator (this happened to be her upholsterer also and since I already had gotten a quote she couldn"t charge me more) picked out some fabrics for me to view. I had gone back once to find a more washable fabric (which they have)...and was ready to start with the chairs and ottoman. They ceased communications. End of story. I couldn't get any more responses by email or phone. I told them I could deliver the ottomans and chairs. I'd consider rehiring...but wondering what went wrong here...

Description of Work
I requested a quote for an 84' COUCH, two chairs and two ottomans. I promptly recieved a reasonable quote of $1250.00 plus the cost of 20 yards of fabric of my chosing ($30/yrd and up) which would add $600-800 to the cost. This is for the couch only. Total cost would be $1800 or up depending on cost of fabric. this was with $30 fabric. This was reasonable for me.

Category upholstery

Hello [Member Name Removed], We actually were doing all the communication with [Member Name Removed]. We have provided all the necessary information to her at the very beginning of the process and continuing communication through out . She had not informed us that she was working with an interior designer. Policy of our business if a client works with interior designer all the communication goes through interior designer( to avoid mistakes, and miscommunication). So interior designer had made a selection of fabrics, which [Member Name Removed] loved at first. [Member Name Removed] was looking for washable fabrics( in case if there will be an accident), I have called all of our fabric companies and inquired( I was advised that none of the fabric are designed to be washed, and it will not be covered by warranty, they can be only spot cleaned, but that would not help when the fabric gets soiled). I offered [Member Name Removed] to go with Crypton fabric selection( they have extra protection for soil repellant) , and was able to find another selection of fabrics. She was in our shop two more times and we spend with her 2 hours on fabric selection. Obviously Crypton fabrics are more expensive and they would be more suitable for this project, but your wife insisted on regular fabric selection, and again we explained that fabric companies are not going stand behind the warranty. Later [Member Name Removed] called and talked to Arkadiy, he advised her to come in during the business hours if she would like and go through books that we have. I would love to get more input from you on how much more I could have done to make it more clear . Also what was not nice on Cindys part is talking bad about the interior designer who helped her with fabric selection( interior designer did it free of charge ). So that is about professionalism! As far providing a rating for quality , we did not do any jobs for you, so it is not an accurate statement. That is what went wrong!!! As far as rehiring I think its a wise decision. We wish you best of luck!

07/02/2018

Victor D.

Went for consultation on water damaged sofa. Knowledge was shared and opined that the furniture was ok. They repaired a torn zipper on a cushion cover in a flash and did not take money for it. Great people.

Description of Work
General advice

11/13/2017

Trina C.

They were very knowledgeable and friendly, and made suggestions about fabrics. They had a large selection to choose from, and their samples in their shop were very impressive. Arkady and Marina definitely know what they're doing!!

Description of Work
I had 5 chairs recovered.

05/20/2017

Maureen M.

I cannot say enough about the outstanding job that Arkadiy and Marina recently did for me! Basically, Arkadiy rebuilt a 15 year old stationery chair and made it a SWIVEL chair that looks brand new! Additionally, he upholstered 2 hassocks and Marina made 2 beautiful pillows to match. I have had furniture recovered in years past; however, the quality workmanship of A+ Furniture Upholstery is by far the best! I strongly recommended their services!

Description of Work
I had a living room chair and 2 hassocks upholstered. Additionally, I had 2 couch pillows made.

Category furniture repair, interior designers, upholstery, alterations

03/09/2017

Ruth S.

We are extremely happy with our "new" chairs. We have had these chairs recovered three other times in the past. This is the best they have ever looked! We discovered that the previous upholsterers we used never took out the old padding. They just covered over it! A+ took the chairs down to the bare wood and completely rebuilt them from the inside out. We could not be more pleased with the final product! Marina and her husband are pleasant and helpful and knowledgeable and skilled! Communication was excellent. We never had a problem reaching them and were always well informed as to where we stood in the process. We visited their facility which is clean and well run. Right now they are working on custom-making a new ottoman to complement the chairs. We feel that the price we paid was more than fair for the quality of work we received. We will definitely and without a doubt use A+ Furniture Upholstery and highly recommend them! They are A+++++++++ !!!

Description of Work
Two living room chairs reupholstered and one custom ottoman made.

02/26/2017

Margaret H.

I went to A+ Furniture Upholstery's location in Solon in late October 2016. Marina and Arkadiy Tutelman (the busines owners) were very personable. They said they provided free pickup and delivery--which I really appreciated because I had no way to get the furniture to their location. There were lots of 'books' with fabric samples from which to choose. I told Marina that I was interested in a fabric that would fit the era of the furniture that needed to be recovered. She pulled a few books off the shelves in their display room and I looked through the fabric samples and chose one that appeared to be just what I had in mind for the project. Marina ordered the fabric (which I paid for 'up front'). It took approximately 3 months for the fabric to arrive. Arkadiy came to my house with a truck and picked up the furniture. When they started removing the existing upholstery on my furniture, they sent photos to show me what it looked like 'inside.' They kept in touch during the reupholstering process to let me know how the work was progressing. They sent photos of the finished 'product' and I was very pleased with the appearance. Since there was extra fabric, they offered to make 3 pillows (1 for the chair and 2 for the settee) and gave me the price. I agreed, and they made the 3 pillows that day, and then delivered the furniture that night. I am very happy with the finished 'product.'

Description of Work
I had an antique settee and Victorian chair that I wanted to have reupholstered.

11/01/2016

Jan N.

Very professional, excellent quality, and friendly service. Exactly what I was looking for.

Description of Work
New seat covers for 4 dining room chairs

09/09/2016

Daniel C.

They were great. They came out picked up the furniture and brought it back and gave us a good estimate, where timely when they could take it and bring it back was perfect so. I thought it was a little high but I don't know what other comparable would be. I'd say it was very high quality turned out wonderful.

Description of Work
I used A+ Furniture Upholstery for furniture - refinishing & repair and upholstering - general. They redid some kitchen table and chair for us.

07/15/2016

Don S.

I selected this company to re-upholster a sofa and two love seats based on the many awards and positive reviews they got from Angie’s List customers. I don’t know what happened, but when I was submitting this review, I could not see the “Service Awards” and “Pages of Happiness” that had been submitted by previous customers. Too bad, because in my opinion, they deserved all of them. Before selecting A+, I got three bids. A+ was the most reasonable of the three and the work they did exceeded my expectations. They stripped the furniture to the bare frame, repaired all of the defects, added foam padding to the arm rests , replaced all the foam in the seat cushions, and made sure they met our firmness needs before delivery to us. I give the owners, Marina and Arkadiy, the highest marks for service professionalism and quality of work.

Description of Work
Re-upholster three pieces of furniture

06/29/2016

Ron T.

Beautiful work. Insistence on perfection and pleasing the customer with the best results. Very patient with fabric selection. Great knowledge of appropriate fabrics for usage. All in all a great experience and we highly recommend them.

Description of Work
reupholster couch, love seat, chair and ottoman

06/10/2016

GLENN B.

I found A+ Furniture and Upholstery to be very prompt and professional. I have worked with many upholsters in the past, so I know what to expect and feel I am realistic about the price and the scope of the project. I also have very high expectations. This project was for a commercial setting. It entailed getting 6 matching armchairs reupholstered, including; all new stuffing, retying the springs and selecting new (commercial grade) fabric to match the color of the existing chairs. Additionally, they were required to match the details of the chairs, just as originally provided by the manufacturer. I solicited several quotes from various companies and found A+ Furniture and Upholstery, while not the cheapest quote initially, their quote was very fair and addressed the entire scope of the work. They are experienced in their field so their quote was very complete and there were no added surprises with my final bill. Other quotes were very vague or failed to include necessary aspects of the project, like the need for new filling, and such. Marina and Arkadiy were great to deal with, prompt and professional and knowledgeable regarding the fabric options including wear-life and durability, as well as the construction and padding options. I relied on A+ to execute the job promptly and professionally and deliver the completed chairs to the client. The quality of the completed chairs is outstanding, the upholstery details (visible stitching etc) are perfect. In addition, A+ Furniture and Upholstery offers a CUSTOM embroidery service. I decided to send Marina digital files of a small logo to customize for the backs of the chairs and the price estimate was very fair. The client approved and after several samples, we found a perfect font-size and thread color. The client is very pleased with the results. Subtle and sophisticated, perfectly suited for their client waiting area. I was very pleased with the entire process and will certainly use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I contacted A+ Furniture and Upholstery for a quote for a commercial client, to repair and reupholster 6 matching armchairs.

05/15/2016

Dorita M.

Wonderful service - Most knowledgeable and will guide you through the process. Selection of fabric is extensive - Received valuable advice on choice of fabric and application. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Re-Upholstered swivel chair and ottoman. Required base to be rebuilt. The chair is solid and very comfortable This is the 2nd piece we have had restored and will continue to bring additional pieces to be lovingly restored.

03/26/2016

Freddie M.

Alik and Marina are fantastic. They answer emails promptly, give accurate estimates and do quality work. Alik's craftsmanship is unparalleled. From wood refinishing to finishing touches like the head nails, they both work with you to give you what you want while also guiding you to find the finishes that pack the most punch. From their quick turnaround for an estimate, to the questions they asked about my project, I had complete trust in them. For example, they really took the time to explain the importance of keeping the integrity of the wooden frame when I wanted to reinstall the head nails. I was impressed that Marina sent pictures of the chair in all stages of deconstruction and reconstruction. They even called me back in to test the cushion and make sure I received the firmness that I wanted. The final product is gorgeous. I brought in my own fabric for this project, but next time I may use their selection. I have two more chairs that need work and my goal is to have them done in 2016; I will definitely contact A+ again soon. They are a trustworthy vendor and highly skilled; the project was finished sooner than they said it would be. You want someone like A+ to complete your project. Even if they are not your lowest estimate, the extra money you might spend is well worth it. They even dropped off my chair for free because they were (sort-of) in my neck of the woods. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
I had an old chair that needed to be recovered and completely rebuilt. The springs were falling out, the fabric was original and tacks were falling out of the chair.

Category furniture repair, upholstery, alterations, woodworking

02/05/2016

Yvonne M.

Their workmanship was good, but I had my own fabric that I had bought and he had some leftover and started dusting with it, disrespecting my $140 fabric. There was also a flaw in one of the fabric on the chairs. When I called the company to ask some questions about some flaws that appeared to be in the fabric he was not very interested in helping me since I had purchase it myself. He stated that he wanted me to bring in the chair and I felt that I did not get the same service. UPDATE 02/18/2016: I just wanted to say that the company did respond and showed integrity by giving me a partial refund. That was not expected, but definitely appreciated.

Description of Work
Upholstered my dining room chairs (six of them).

Category furniture repair, upholstery

Hello {Member's name removed}, I am sorry that you are not satisfied. When you called in with concern, I have returned your phone call promptly and left a message. When we did the delivery and installation all the chair seats were clean and spotless. When we were doing the installation in your basement the chair frames were very dusty and not clean. Arkadiy used the left overs of your fabric to cover the area around so the installed seat cushion before the seat cushion Is put in, to make sure cushion would not get dust from the frame. We did not disrespect your fabric, the chairs should have been clean and ready for install of white seats. After the seats were attached they were inspected and there were clean. When you called us back, we have offered you to bring that chair in our shop ,so we can see what is going on and try to find the solution. As far as the quality or damage on the fabric we have advised you to contact the company were the fabric was purchased from, since we did not provide the fabric . We provided free pick up, delivery and installation, we got only seat cushions, the frames were left in the house. Please let us know if you need more information. Thank you

01/13/2016

Mary L.

It went great from start to finish. They were very conscientiousness, work was done well, time frame was on spot, and they were very helpful in picking out fabric. Very nice people to work with.

Description of Work
We had our couch, love seat, and chair re-upholstered by them.

Category upholstery

It was our pleasure working with you. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to provide our service.

12/31/2015

Tori F.

Very good workmanship.They took the extra fabric and covered the springs in the bottom of the chair also. We provided the fabric that we found on sale elsewhere. We couldn't be happier with the job. It took a longer than promised but that was no problem.

Description of Work
Replaced and reupholstered two cushions to a favorite wood chair.

Category furniture repair, interior designers, upholstery

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed], it was pleasure working with you! Arkadiy

11/05/2015

Loretta C.

The end result was beautiful and the quality is amazing. The couch is now better made than it was originally. Arkadiy and Marina Tutelman are wonderful to work with and Arkadiy is so talented at his craft. They are reliable and thorough in all their communications and actions. I would not hesitate to recommend them. Additionally, they created a set of beautifully decorative pillows that add so much to the couch.

Description of Work
Had a very worn couch reupholstered.

Category interior designers, upholstery, alterations

10/08/2015

Dorita M.

Brought in chair - Received quote to have the chair completely overhauled. - Professional with excellent recommendations on fabric. Took sample fabric books home - made selection - Provided deposit - Fabric in stock - given 4-6wk lead time. Chair is amazing. Three days later I brought in another chair and a cushion for a rocker - I am confident they will be great. I have already recommended A+Upholstery to multiple people. Wonderful~

Description of Work
Upholstered chair & automan

09/05/2015

Catherine R.

Our cats had managed to pull a lot of the gimp (decorative ribbon-like material around the edges of furniture) off a Victorian reproduction couch and had chewed parts of it, so gluing it back on was no longer an option. I cut off a sample of the gimp, and Marina sent me samples of what she could order, suggesting what might come closest to a match, since our precise color was no longer available. I decided to replace all of it (about 12 yards) for a better match. The result is perfect. It's a pleasure to do business with them!

Description of Work
Replaced gimp on a couch.

08/31/2015

MARK K.

They did a great job and the furniture looks fantastic,

Description of Work
Re did my grandparents furniture in leather.

07/08/2015

suzanne T.

He does a very clean, neat, and professional job, and is a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
He re-upholstered a couch and a large chair for me.

05/01/2015

Catherine R.

I took a photograph of the furniture, which allowed me to get a quick estimate. I told Arkadiy that our cats had shredded the upholstery, so I was looking for a fabric that would hold up better in the future. He immediately showed me a number of options, then we discussed things like the firmness of the cushions and the design of the table cover. After he had the information he needed, his wife Marina continued with suggestions for matching materials, and worked out the details of scheduling and payment. We dropped off the furniture a week later. As the work progressed, I was sent photos--a nice touch! They contacted me twice, first to ask whether I'd like decorative nails on the chair and ottoman (no additional charge), and then to ask whether I'd like them to make two pillows with the extra fabric. After six weeks, the furniture was ready. It is beautiful, and I am absolutely delighted. Arkadiy and Marina are true craftspeople. Although I didn't have her do any work for me, Marina does extraordinarily beautiful embroidery on furniture. They are meticulous. Check out their work online and at their place of business.

Description of Work
Re-upholstered wingback chair, ottoman, made matching table cover with skirt and two pillows.

03/06/2015

Barbara J.

Ardakiy was extremely helpful and professional. He helped me choose the fabric, gave me a very reasonable estimate, picked up and delivered the cushions, and disposed of one old cushion that needed new foam. He had some fabric left over, so he made me two throw pillows at no extra cost. I would definitely recommend him!

Description of Work
Reupholstered a couch.

01/23/2015

Cheryl N.

Responded immediately to my request. Provided timely quote. Ordered materials and completed work within a week. Followed up to make sure I was satisfied with the job. Very satisfied.

Description of Work
Re-stuffed 8 cushions for couch and chair