Market Ready Home Inspections

Founded 2005 • With Angi since May 2016

960 Washington St

Pickerington, OH 43147

Our motto is "Don't mess around, HIRE AN ENGINEER!" Your inspection will be done by a licensed professional home inspector CERTIFIED by the the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), that also holds an Engineering Degree (BSChE, 1986, Ohio University), who's an EXPERIENCED contractor in business since 2005. Fully insured. A member of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI). Your home will be inspected from top to bottom for everything from roof leaks to foundation cracks. The inspections exceed the Standards of Practice of both ASHI and InterNACHI. Also licensed by the Department of Agriculture to do Wood Destroying Insect inspections (commonly referred to as termite inspections). Radon gas inspections available as well. We make sure that the home is safe and MARKET READY. "This is my only job now, and I love it. It's great to help home buyers feel more comfortable by explaining what they need to know about their new home in plain language. We're here to help families going through one of life's big steps. Call today 614-861-3247....

03/26/2020

Teresa S.

We couldn’t have been more pleased with our decision to hire Dave to do our home inspection. He was worth every penny we paid him. I would highly recommend him and would also tell anyone that even if you are building a new home to hire an inspector. Dave found things that needed addressed that we wouldn’t have even thought to check for. He really did a great job and was not only thorough but took time to answer any and all questions that I had. We ran into a lot of problems with our new build and he went above and beyond to put our minds at ease. Don’t hesitate to call on him to do your home inspection!

Description of Work
Home inspection for new house

Category home inspection

Thank you for the kind words [Member Name Removed]. I hope you have many years of enjoyment in your new home.

10/31/2019

Blythe B.

The inspection exceeded my expectations. David was very thorough and explained so many things to me I never would have noticed/thought of. The sellers agreed to take $5000 off the asking price after I shared the detailed report with them. Some items noted were essential to correct, like some poor wiring and an over-the-top radon level. He also got the report back to me promptly. I highly recommend David Hannan and his company Market Ready Home Inspections.

Description of Work
A home inspection for a house from 1950 that I am in contract with.

Category home inspection

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Glad to hear I helped to bring all the important issues to your attention and have the seller help to pay for them. I wish you all the best!

10/25/2019

Matt G.

Very professional and detailed

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! I hope I helped in your home buying decision.

07/25/2019

Nancy B.

Excellent. Would recommend and hire again if needed.

Description of Work
Buyer home inspection.

Category home inspection

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I'm glad I could help. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. David Hannan Owner

06/23/2019

Konstantin M.

Easily scheduled inspection, professional, punctual, and a thorough inspection. Report was provided very promptly and the inspector was available for follow-up questions.

Description of Work
Home inspection

Category home inspection

Hello [Member Name Removed]: I hope you and [Member Name Removed] enjoy many years in your new home. Considering the location, you have no excuse not to! Let me know if I can ever do anything further for you. Thank you. David Hannan Owner Market Ready Home Inspections

09/25/2018

Rick B.

I am a Licensed Realtor and have used Dave on three transactions. In one case Dave's report resulted in terminating the contract (preventing a big mistake) and in the other two my buyers received substantial remedy repairs based on his recommendations. He is usually not very popular with the sellers. If you are buying a house Dave will give you the facts, what you do with those facts are your business.

Description of Work
Home inspection related to Home Purchase.

08/26/2018

Rita G.

This is the second home we had David Hannan inspect. My daughter is in the market to buy her first house. David was professional, thorough and does quality work. He took the time to show us things we needed to see and explained everything. He took his time and sent a very detailed report. I highly recommend Market Ready to anyone who is buying a house!!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

07/01/2018

Lori F.

Dave was prompt to respond and thoroughly explained my inspection options - so I knew what I was getting. The home being inspected was built in the 1890s, had been renovated, had multiple kitchens, an irregular roofline, lots of skylights and new building additions, and frankly, required an engineer and someone of Dave's caliber. I met him at the site when he was about 75% complete. He took the time to walk me through the house and show me key areas that I should pay attention to, and promptly provided a very detailed report. I feel that I'm purchasing this property with eyes wide opened - to be clear, I feel I received a lot of value for what I paid. I would work with him again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend him to anyone who asks.

Description of Work
Home purchase inspection including termite and radon

01/17/2018

Joy B.

Dave inspected the home we purchased so we hired him again to inspect the home we are selling. It went well and he provided us with a detailed 85 page inspection report with pictures. His turn around time is about a day.

Description of Work
We are listing our home (approx 4100 sq ft) for sale and wanted to do a pre listing inspection so that we could fix / know problems in advance of the sale of our home.

10/03/2017

Todd I.

Report was detailed and thorough. Owner went above and beyond to access an area to ensure a repair had been made and prevent the need for additional inspections.

Description of Work
Home inspection and radon test for purchase

09/11/2017

Joy B.

He provided a 100 page report complete with pictures. His inspection was thorough and he was available to us through the closing for additional questions. And I'm sure would still answer questions after the purchase as well.

Description of Work
Inspection on home purchase. House (about 6000 sq ft) and pool house (about 1000 sq ft) inspected for home purchase.

09/06/2017

Rebecca K.

Very well. 84 page report was thorough and included photos.

Description of Work
FSBO Home Inspection

08/09/2017

Chip N.

Dave is an expert and a true professional. If you want an honest and independent assessment of your home, Dave is your guy. Thorough, complete, and willing to go the extra mile. Our inspection was supposed to last about 3 hours...Dave stayed a full 8 hours, without a single complaint, until the inspection was complete. He seems to truly enjoy what he does. Dave finds and documents so many things in such detail. He's exactly the type of inspector we were looking for, given this was an older home needing some TLC. If I ever buy another home in the area, I'm calling Dave. Cost included termite and Radon, as well as general inspection on a 5500 sq ft home.

Description of Work
Home inspection on a 5500 square foot home built in 1947.

07/06/2017

Ashlee G.

Dave was great! I had a very tight timeline and Dave was able to get the inspection done and reported back to me within a week. He was very thorough with his inspection and informative as well. I would definitely hire them again as well as refer them to others!

Description of Work
Home Inspection

06/30/2017

Demetri J.

It went well, the knowledge of a professional home inspector is definitely needed when you need to know what you are getting. Thanks Dave for your great service.

Description of Work
David is such a great Home Inspector. I will def hire him again if I have the chance. I also recommend him to you all who needs a home inspector.

05/26/2017

DEBI W.

He was very courteous when I met him, very professional and left the house exactly how I left it, not damaging anything. He was very good.

Description of Work
He provided me with a home inspection.

05/08/2017

Rebecca K.

Dave was professional and thorough. The 64 page report was very detailed & included several photos. His recommendations were insightful and appreciate. We will definitely hire his service in the future.

Description of Work
Seller's Home Inspection

04/13/2017

Leslie P.

Dave arrived early and left late as stated in other reviews. He was courteous and professional and kind enough to explain findings while he was going through the house. I received a very thorough report that was easy to understand. I have used two prior inspectors on other houses and Dave is the first I would use again! Great service.

Description of Work
Home inspection and radon testing for new home purchase.

03/17/2017

Ben S.

We were at the home for about three hours with Dave; when we arrived he had already toured the exterior and was beginning the interior inspection. The next morning we had the inspection report in our email, 60+ pages and chock full of pictures, very easy to read and follow.

Description of Work
Admittedly, we subscribe to the Mike Holmes school of common sense, of which a cornerstone is to hire the right home inspector so you have a full understanding of this major purchase. So it was important to us to find a Certified Home Inspector through the InterNACHI organization: that certification requires many, many hours of initial training, a comprehensive exam and committee-reviewed inspection reports, and annual continuing education. We had a great experience with Dave: he patiently answered our 10-15 interview questions, sent us documents when he said he would, and was early to the inspection. Very friendly, answered all of our questions during the inspection and pointed out things of interest (including continued maintenance notes). Spent a lot of time in the basement with the major mechanical systems, looked under every sink, went into the attic space, and also went on the roof. He even documented the models of the kitchen appliances and let us know that one of them had a recall issued a few years ago. We're very happy that we chose Market Ready for our home inspection, and feel even more confident with our home purchase.

11/12/2016

Christian C.

I have hired Home Inspector Dave Hannan twice. Each time he has provided these services for me he has been very thorough, very friendly and has answered every question I've had. This was very important to me because I really like to understand things and he was happy to not only answer my questions but give advice. This gentleman is very knowledgeable and if I need to do any more inspections his number will stay in my phone. Both times I've used his services he has made every effort to come out quickly and has done so. Price is very reasonable I recommend calling him for any home inspections needed!

Description of Work
Home Inspections Wood Destroying Insects inspections

10/21/2016

Andrew C.

I highly recommend Dave Hannan from Market Ready Home Inspections. Dave was responsive and flexible when scheduling the inspection and arrived early and prepared the day of. David invited me to join him as he completed the inspection and was extremely professional and knowledgeable in all that he did. Dave was generous with his time, and more than willing to explain the home inspection process. As a first time home buyer, I found it very helpful that Dave was willing to discuss each item on his report with me and explain the significance of it, whether it was a safety hazard, something that could wait to be fixed, or simply cosmetic. The following morning I received a complete 84 page report from Dave that must have contained almost 200 photos. Dave had arrows on the photos to demonstrate exactly what and where his concerns were in certain areas, and this was extremely helpful. Despite having very little technical knowledge of how a house is put together, I was able to follow the report. Dave has been extremely helpful after the inspection as well, offering to discuss any questions my wife and I have. I highly recommend Dave and his company, and I would not hesitate to use Market Ready Home Inspections again.

Description of Work
Complete home inspection with termite inspection and radon inspection

07/13/2016

Wesley B.

The associate was professional, knowledgeable, and thorough for an older home that had new and old features.

Description of Work
Home Inspection Insect Inspection

07/12/2016

Kyle M.

It went very well, David was thorough and caught many things that in my opinion many others might have missed. With his report we saved thousands in the remedy process.

Description of Work
Provided 5 hour top to bottom inspection of hundred year old home resulting in 100+ page report.