Sal’s Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Sewer Inc.

Founded 1975 • With Angi since September 1997

**Sal's Heating and Cooling is fully operational during this pandemic. We take extra precaution entering your home wearing masks and gloves at all times. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us.** As a part of our emergency service, we have live representatives to take your call 24/7. We

2022 Super Service Award

HVAC Companies (4102)plumbers (1488)water heaters (477)drain cleaning (268)well & water pump repair (90)sewer cleaning (60)gas leak repair (26)drain pipe installation (21)home remodeling (13)electrician (64)appliance repair (53)air duct cleaning (45)

02/01/2023

Barbara R.

The response time was quick considering this was not an emergency. Communication was excellent, request for mask was honored, shoe covers were worn. The technician, Edward, was efficient, explained things well, answered all of my questions and made some good suggestions. I will not hesitate to use Sal's again and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Unclogged a toilet

Category plumbing

01/25/2023

DOUG M.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Go to youtube and do it yourself. $383.00 in labor for them to install a heating element that I PURCHASED. Wired it wrong, popped the house breakers and broke the 20 amp breaker to the water heater. (They are going to home depot to buy a breaker now) Spilled 5 gallons of water on my floor, Called customer service and no help whatsoever. The reason I used a professional company was so that I didn't pop and break the breakers and get my floor wet. DO NOT USE.

Category appliance repair

DO USE THIS COMPANY MANY HAVE! Why didn't you go to Youtube to begin with, because you don't know how or have the tool!!? What a ridiculous review and misrepresentation as we are still in the driveway!! We have no problem making a mistake right a pinched wire caused this simple accident. Water happens while changing the thermostat and we don't install customer supplied parts. AO Smith likely supplied it to use as we are a certified warranty company. We will not return if this behavior continues. You didn't even pay us, we will send you to collections. Sal President.

01/23/2023

Joe H.

Kevin and Sam fixed a high pitch noise that was coming from our humidifier that was previously installed. Both were able to diagnose the problem and provide a solution. Both gentlemen were extremely knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Solved a high pitched noise problem after a prior installation of a powered humidifier

01/12/2023

Sharon R.

Jesse explained what he was doing and proceeded to remove beautiful oak’s tree roots from the sewer drain causing the water backup into the basement. The motorized cutting tool to clear the drain all the way to the street was impressive.

Description of Work
Sewer drain to street was blocked with water overflow into basement.

Category sewer cleaning

Cost $255.47

Thank You for the review and no roots in a drain are beautiful and will return once In. We appreciate your rating and review and sarcasm, I wish every customer was that kind when the drain is backing up. Sal President.

01/09/2023

don B.

The job was done perfectly, as I come to expect from Sal's. Over the years I have had a furnace, central air, and a water heater installed , along with a garbage disposal unit. All services were done professionally. Our service technician was Cameron Jenkins, and I want to thank Sal's & his fine employees for consistently exceeding expectations!!

Description of Work
replace garbage disposal unit.

Category appliance repair

12/29/2022

Kevin C.

Service was great! Received a call from the tech when he was on his way. Service was completed in a timely manner and I received a full explanation of what was done. I’ve used SSL’s before and will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Furnace clean and check.

12/12/2022

Marianne K.

We had our annual check up on our furnace system which was done by Kyle. He was very thorough and professional. We love our furnace system and very pleased with the service we receive.

Description of Work
It was our annual check up.

11/17/2022

Bonnie M.

Everything went great. They stayed later than planned to get it all done in one day instead of two.

Description of Work
Installed a new furnace and air conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks Member depending on the season and task we do our best to not inconvenience. We appreciate the rating and review. Thanks for your business. Sal President

11/15/2022

Jeff P.

Sal's Heating was very responsive to my need to have a new water heater installed. I purchased an Angi's list deal for $942 for a new water heater and total cost was $1,500 with permit fees and code updates included. Just an FYI for those claiming a deal and the potential difference in price with extras included.

Description of Work
Install New Water Heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/14/2022

Let's be clear like the fine print clearly warns this if needed will be quoted. Most people don't need to have code upgrades and all of this is quoted and accepted before any work is done. Even with all the upgrades needed the cost is much less than standard price. Just want to be clear for all considering the deal and the owner of the company responded to this Member on the weekend. Thanks for your business.

10/22/2022

Stephanie M.

It was a difficult job. The technicians were thorough and knowledgeable. They were also very pleasant and kind.

Description of Work
Residential hot water heater, AC/furnace/ductwork.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, appliance sales

Work Completed On 10/21/2022

Thanks and we do our best and not all jobs are created equal. We appreciate your business and kind review. Sal President.

10/14/2022

Robert M.

Excellent. Al arrived as expected. Very thorough inspection and cleaning of the entire furnace area. Please send him in the future annual clean/checks.

Description of Work
Furnace clean and check

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 10/14/2022

Thanks as cleaning and checks are the most important services we offer. This help with peace of mind with the snow and bad weather ahead of us. Thanks for the rating and business. Sal President.

10/07/2022

Patricia H.

The installation went very well. Gino and Al P were the service technicians and they were both friendly, prompt, professional, informative, patient with instructions, courteous, and a pleasure to work with. As in the past I've been pleased with all my experiences @ Sal's, from the office staff to the technicians. Gino and Al P are an asset to your company.

Description of Work
Install new air conditioning unit and furnace

Work Completed On 10/07/2022

Thank you and this team has been together for a while and helps things go as planed. Thanks for the loyalty and comments they mean alot We look forward to continuing to serve you. Sal President

10/04/2022

Dennis K.

Needed a new capacitor. Price seemed reasonable. I am placing my trust with Sal’s. So far not disappointed…

Description of Work
Annual check

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 10/03/2022

09/21/2022

Sandra N.

Technician arrived on time after a call ahead notice. Explained everything he was planning to do, explained as he went along and answered all my questions. I had a Groupon for the service, easy to redeem and schedule

Description of Work
Furnace and AC clean and check

Work Completed On 09/21/2022

09/09/2022

MELODY S.

All went well with the technician. Ed was prompt, professional, and courteous. The only overall problem was that I was expecting to get two faucet leaks repaired as part of my work and didn’t find out until the technician arrived that repairs are not done to faucets, only replacement. Had I known ahead of time, I would have ordered the replacements since I have warranties and scheduled service afterwards.

Description of Work
Drain snaking, shut off valve replacement.

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 09/09/2022

Thanks Member for the business and review. Today's faucets can't be repaired in most cases cartridge changes are possible. We don't install supplied because they are not pro grade from box stores. So if you want a a pro job the best thing to do is call a pro plumber and use professional grade fixtures. Thanks Sal's

09/08/2022

Nancy A.

Tony did a fantastic job. Efficient in getting it done. Spent time after, discussing ways to keep the sludge down in the future.

Description of Work
Sewer ungloging

Category sewer cleaning

Work Completed On 09/08/2022

09/07/2022

Erica T.

Quick appointment wait time efficient and on time!!

Description of Work
Snake drain

Category appliance repair, plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 09/07/2022

09/02/2022

Ellen S.

Dave was on time, courteous and professional. Used a Groupon coupon.

Description of Work
Clean and inspect furnace and A/C

Work Completed On 09/02/2022

08/24/2022

Robert M.

Tech arrived as scheduled, thorough inspection of A/C unit. Next up will be my fall furnace clean and check.

Description of Work
Routine A/C check

Work Completed On 08/24/2022

Thanks for the rating and review. We appreciate your business. We look forward to the next visit. Sal President.

08/23/2022

Sherry C.

It went very well, I'm even laid up with a broken leg, they took old one Out and back to the store for return plus installation of the new tank with code updates. They even came to me to sign and sent before and after pictures.

Description of Work
Hot water tank

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/23/2022

Thanks Member, we go the extra when needed. Get well soon! We appreciate the business and review and rating. Sal President.

08/19/2022

Bernita W.

We called and explained what happened and that water was running ALL over the basement floor as I was speaking with them. They were NOT ONLY THE "FIRST" company to get us in BUT they were the "MOST" reasonably priced and Sal's does the "BEST" WORK!!! "THANK GOD" they didn't try to milk me considering it was an "EMERGENCY" and I was ALREADY FREAKING OUT. They came in replaced the Hot Water tank and cleaned up 98% of the water on the floor as well. We have been having Sal's service BOTH of our furnaces for approximately 4-5 years maybe more and we're OBVIOUSLY VERY HAPPY WITH OUR CHOICE. Peace and God Bless 🙏🏾💜🌹

Description of Work
We had a hot water tank installed at the LAST MINUTE

Category appliance repair, water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/12/2022

08/19/2022

Elle D.

Wonderful. Mike was punctual and professional. He explained the repairs simply and so that I easily understood. He also provided recommendations without coming off as pushy or looking for a sale. Would hire again!

Description of Work
Drain pan plumbing on hot water tank

Category appliance repair, plumbing