GreenLawn Specialists

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2009

774 Peachblow Rd

LEWIS CENTER, OH 43035

The Germann Brothers have been working together for over 12 years maintaining landscapes. Our individual areas of expertise are combined to provide a comprehensive solution to your properties needs. Our service area is: From the 161/Henderson Road Corridor in Columbus to 36/37 in Delaware, and from

05/02/2020

Judi R.

I submitted a request for a estimate and received message saying I would receive a quote in my email. Never received anything. Poor customer service.

Description of Work
Rototilling

Category rototilling

[Member Name Removed], Not getting a quote is frustrating...so I understand the frustration. HOWEVER: I did email back details. On April 22nd, at 2:10 pm, I responded to the email you had listed. I have the sent receipt in my account. It must have gone to your spam folder or you missed it, which unfortunately we can't help or oversee. You were contacted in a timely fashion, as we do our best to do with all requests. Thanks-Philip

11/11/2018

BRAD B.

Very professional and very good attention to detail.

Description of Work
Performed sod replacement and soil buildup in our backyard

Category lawn service

Thanks for taking the time to review our work!

09/12/2018

Harry T.

We have used GreenLawn for two years and are very pleased with their service. Will continue using. Nice people, too!

Description of Work
Landscaping; lawn mowing

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal, mulch

Thanks!

08/24/2018

Brooks Z.

They installed an irrigation system for us around 2012. They were extremely professional and friendly and we have had no issues with the system since over the years. Recently I noticed a section of my yard with standing water and assumed there had to be an irrigation system leak. I called and they had an appointment scheduled the next day. They spent 90 minutes here. They found no issue with the system, but still went ahead and replaced parts. While trying to diagnose the problem they noticed a few things that had nothing to do with the irrigation system, but that were contributing to the problem - 2 downspouts that were leaking and a clogged gutter. Instead of telling me to find time to deal with them or call someone else to address them they spent 30 minutes taking care of those issues as well. That's extremely impressive service and obviously going above and beyond. I strongly recommend the company.

Description of Work
Irrigation System

Category irrigation systems

Thanks for the kind words. We do care...and while things get busy from time to time and we need to be efficient, our ultimate goal to solve your problems and make your life better.

07/04/2018

Ann S.

Spring of 2018 found me in a bit of a bind as the landscape company I used in the past years, advised me that they no longer were in business. It was late in the season and I found no alternative, so I got in my car and drove around the neighborhood to see if I could find landscape companies working in the area. I came across Green Lawn Specialists working in a neighboring subdivision. After a coupe of trips around the block, watching the people at work I stopped in front and asked "Jammi" what kind of services they provided. The answer was concise to the point and all my questions were answered. When I returned home I called Green Lawn Specialists and scheduled an appointment to review my needs. Followup was punctual and we setup a time for the work to be done. The results were far and above my previous experience, edging and mulching were done with care, and as promised. In addition the boxwoods surrounding my driveway were shaped for summer beauty, just the way I wanted them. Other shrubs needing a trim up were not disappointed, as they were also shaped up for summer. I will use Green Lawn Specialists for all future lawn care needs, and would heartily recommend them for any of my neighbors who desire to have an attractive and will cared for lawn.

Description of Work
Mulching, edging, spring clean-up, shaping shrubs

Category landscaping, lawn service, leaf removal

Thanks for the kind words! We work hard to be professional and truly solve your landscape problems, and it is always good to hear when we make someone smile:).

05/06/2018

AARON H.

We have used Greenlawn for a few years now to fertilize and treat our lawn. Before we used them we used another provider and our lawn did not look that great. Ever since we switched to Greenlawn our lawn has been green and free of weeds each year. Cost is reasonable for the service provided. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Lawn Fertilization & Treatment

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Thanks for the kind words. We'll work hard to make sure things stay great!

12/20/2017

Cheryl P.

This company is just wonderful, from taking care of my yard, to trimming bushes and other yard work, they do an outstanding job. Not only is their work excellent, even more important is the staff who are kind, considerate and will help you anytime with anything you need. You will always be glad you hired this company

Description of Work
On going lawn service

Category lawn service

Thanks for the kind words! We will do our absolute best to live up to this billing:).

09/05/2017

TODD V.

We've used them for a few years now. They do pretty good work and are reasonably priced. We've had a few weed and fungus issues the past 2 years but they are willing to discuss the problems that we see and come out and re-treat for the weeds if necessary. The price is per application and I believe there are 7 applications throughout the year including the grub treatment.

Description of Work
They do our monthly lawn fertilizing and weed control as well as a once a year grub control.

Category lawn treatment

Thanks for the candid review. It is good to note that lawns are living organisms. Just like your doctor can't guarantee you won't get sick, we can't guarantee perfect lawn health. But we can chart a course that gives you the best potential possible with your soil conditions, turf type, and budget. Potential is the key here. Weather, soil, and other factors out of our control will raise or lower your performance ceiling. Good communication is always our goal!

08/30/2017

LINDA H.

Greenlawn was quick to respond to my online request. All work was done while I was away from the house. They did an excellent job and completed all the tasks I asked them to. Billing was done online as well. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Yard clean up, clearing out dead plants. Also extended gutter drain away from house.

Category lawn service

We appreciate the time taken to review our work! Thanks for your business.

07/10/2017

Lou N.

I've never had an issue. My lawn and landscaping looks nice. The team is friendly and most of the time is in and out without my family noticing. I did not go 'price hunting' so I'm not certain if GreenLawn is on the high or low end of pricing. I think the price I pay if more than fair for the quality of service we receive.

Description of Work
I use GreenLawn for mowing services, lawn treatments, and have used them for landscaping and fall cleanup.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Thanks for taking the time to review our work. We will be diligent in our efforts to keep our service consistent and great!

06/15/2017

MRS DONALD D.

The service is perfect. I have a in-ground swimming pool and they don't get grass in the pool and they clean up the grass so it doesn't track into the pool as well.

Description of Work
Weekly Lawn Mowing

Category lawn service

Thanks for taking the time to review our service. We'll work hard to keep everything great!

05/07/2017

David W.

GreenLawn did a great job with leaf removal, they were on time before the city's last pickup even though I was a bit late to request the service. Charge for the service was reasonable.

Description of Work
Leaf removal to street before city's last pickup

Category leaf removal

Thanks!

03/05/2017

Jennifer S.

Has gone very well. Used them for 2016 and rehired for 2017

Description of Work
Lawn mowing

Category lawn service

Thanks for the review! We'll work hard to keep things looking great.

03/02/2017

Kris H.

I think the price was fair. They have done a really nice job. We have them do our total lawn car. Mulching, edging beds, trimming. They do everything. They come six times a year. They are due next month. They come to do something. Put the mulch down, put down weed killer. Trim things that need trimming. Feed the beds, and mulch.

Description of Work
Fall clean up. Fertilize, and Aeration.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment, leaf removal

Thanks for the great review!

12/29/2016

veronica J.

I like them and I will use them again.

Description of Work
We use GreenLawn Specialists. They cleaned, removed old trees and planted new ones.

Category landscaping

Thanks for the review!

11/15/2016

Katherine B.

The job was done promptly and neatly. Phillip is very professional and because of his reliability I have contracted with Greenlawn for an annual fertilization program.

Description of Work
I contacted Greenlawn for aeration of my yard. Phillip responded the same day and arranged to provide service for my yard within 48 hours.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

Thanks for the review! We will work hard to remain very reliable.

11/01/2016

hope G.

Our neighbor had GreenLawn Specialists out for several landscaping tasks. This work included digging in the area quite close to the electric, phone, and cable boxes in his back yard. The boxes provide service to several homes on our street. Our neighbor asked if it would be necessary to call 811 and request that utilities be marked. GreenLawn Specialists stated that marking utilities would not be necessary. Within a short period of time GreenLawn Specialists was proven wrong, and my home was without internet/phone/cable. Their employee came back several hours later to attempt a temporary fix but said that we would need to call Time Warner to correct the problem. The temporary fix lasted less than an hour, so we went close to 24 hours without internet/phone/cable. I also had to rearrange my work schedule to accommodate a visit by Time Warner Cable. GreenLawn correctly stated that there would be no charge from Time Warner, but I think their employee failed to realize the inconvenience he had caused. I can in no way speak to the quality of this company's landscaping abilities, but the company should certainly be aware that digging in an area with buried utilities must be done with greater caution than they used in my neighbor's yard. I am well aware that cable lines are not buried deeply and can be easy to hit. Any landscaping company should be aware of this as well and use due caution. I understand that they will be back to plant a tree for our neighbor. I sincerely hope they are more careful that day.

Description of Work
Our neighbor had GreenLawn Specialists out for several landscaping tasks.

Category lawn service

[Member Name Removed]-I am very sorry for the hassle. In this case, marking utilities should not have been necessary. We were maintaining an existing landscape edge, not doing new "digging". The issue is this- Cable providers often put their line just under the sod, which is not to code. We have hit these cables doing tasks as simple as pulling weeds with a trowel. As you can imagine, using a trowel to dig out a weed should not require utilities to be marked, and our bed edging in this case was no different. While the repair is free, I do get it is a major hassle. Our team does have all utilities marked before jobs where we are truly digging. Where we are performing tasks like maintaining an edge or weeding, we do not mark utilities, as none should be impacted. Problems can still crop up, and I feel your pain.

10/27/2016

Damian E.

I chose option 2 because we were starting with a very rough "lawn", and amending the soil would go a long way toward rejuvenating the whole yard after years of neglect. Two men took approximately 6 hours to complete the work. They were courteous and professional. If I had any complaints it would be that I was never contacted with any instructions to care for the lawn. I was told that Phil would send me instructions, but it never happened. To be clear, I did not need instructions, as I had done my own research. So this was a slight miscommunication issue that I am sure could have been resolved with a quick phone call, given how quickly Phil responded to my original call. I would not deduct any points for this. All in all, it was a job well done. Hassle free as can be. I received a bill in the mail a week or so later, and did not have to "hand" anyone a check at the time of service. As the pictures below show, a quick before and after gives you an idea of the end result. I watered daily twice per day for 2 weeks always keeping the soil moist to allow the fescue to germinate. Temps started off around 85 and dropped to 70 during those 2 weeks in September. At the end of the 2 weeks, we had a few days of heavy rain. By then, the seedlings had popped and were not going to be washed away. I continued to water, decreasing the frequency to once per week by the 5th week. The picture shows the lawn the day it was serviced vs 4 weeks in. We have BY FAR the greenest yard in the block. But the only thing that matters to me, is that I can play with the kids without any prickly weeds hurting our feet.

Description of Work
We purchased a home that had 0 care for 2+ years. We called it "cutting the weeds". The lawn looked more dead than any of our neighbors' yards. The "lawn" was rough to walk on barefoot because of the prickly weeds and bare spots. So we needed a complete overhaul. I contacted the company via phone and Phil asked me for an address. He contacted me back with an estimate and a couple of options, one more thorough than the next. Option 1 was Double Aerate, Slit seed, then Overseed, and finally put down granulated starter fertilizer. Option 2 added spreading topsoil dressing on top of the whole lawn, then overseed again. The topsoil dressing doubled the price of the estimate, but it involved 2 men spending 4 hours spreading smelly dirt/fine mulch all over the yard, so I can see why.

09/12/2016

Bob R.

Excellent service. Competitively priced. Scheduled the work and completed it on time.

Description of Work
irrigation system installation

Thanks for the review!

07/01/2016

Robyn M.

Greenlawn is absolutely wonderful. They are professional, prompt, and high quality. Many times they have helped me in short notice...whether due to weather, health or broken mowers. Words can't recommend them enough.

Description of Work
I have used Greenlawn for years: leaf pickup, mulch, fertilization, edging, lawn mowing

Category lawn service

We appreciate the kind words!

04/01/2016

Sarah W.

I am SOO HAPPY with Greenlawn Specialists who have been our lawn mowing company for the past two years. Our contract runs from April to October ($120 a month), and they showed up today, the first day of April, to mow our lawn. They do SUCH a precise job (and we have a huge amount of edging and it is not an easy lawn to maneuver around). I love that we always have the same guys and they are always friendly and helpful. Plus, most of the lawn companies I called weren't even willing to look at doing individual lawns, and these guys came and gave us a discount because our next door neighbor uses them too. I was so relieved to find a great lawn company who came out right away to give us an estimate and has not raised prices or ever tried to upsell us on anything. Kudos!

Description of Work
Mow our lawn from April through October

Category lawn service

Thanks for taking the time to express your happiness! Reviews like this are an inspiration to keep doing what we do to the best of our ability. Philip

03/24/2016

ANITA N.

I contacted this group about lawn mowing and Philip responded right way. Great guy! He was very professional in explaining how their services worked. Price was good. I communicated with him a few more times and he was always pleasant, patient and respectful. His location was quite a distance from my home but he was still willing to work with me. I ended up going with another group that was closer to my home.

Description of Work
Discussed Lawn mowing

Category lawn service

Thanks for the review-best wishes for a wonderful spring.

08/06/2015

john B.

First and foremost, I must start by saying the customer service provided by this company (specifically Phillip) is beyond outstanding. I so often run into companies who are not responsive - absolutely not the case with Greenlawn! They have truly been one of the easiest companies I've ever worked with. Billing is seamless too - I never have had to call to question a charge. They are fair for the work they provide. In addition, my grass has never looked better. Completely healthy looking and weed-free. I used them to care for our lawn while living in Colorado - not once was I concerned that our yard wasn't being taken care of the way I would take care of it had I been in town. A great group of young professionals - give them a call! You won't be disappointed. By the way, I rarely write reviews if that tells you anything.

Description of Work
They provided annual yard care treatments. We also had them do our spring clean-up and trim a few branches off of our large tree in backyard.

Category lawn service

Thanks for the great review! While we are not always perfect, we can always be responsive and communicate! We appreciate the kind words, and will work hard to continue to make this review a reality for all our customers.

06/27/2015

Kris H.

Was very pleased with their professionalism, communication and quality of their work.

Description of Work
On this visit they provided weeding and weed control. Previous visits they have done a spring cleanup and installed mulch.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

Thanks for taking the time to review our work!

06/24/2015

Margaret H.

The technicians showed up quickly, walked through the whole process with my husband, showed him how everything worked, programmed everything for us, and were generally very kind and helpful

Description of Work
Turned on the sprinkler system, inspected the backflow, replaced broken valves, removed the fertilizer injector

Category lawn service, irrigation systems

Thanks! Our goal is to be as professional and helpful as possible.

Jones Topsoil Co

Jones Topsoil was incorporated in 1924 under the name Jones Fuel Co. 2015 is our 91st anniversary. We sold residential coal for home furnaces in the Columbus, Ohio area. As natural gas became the fuel of choice in the 1950’s we began hauling topsoil, sand and gravel, and limestone for contractors and homeowners. Although our corporate name is still Jones Fuel Co., we do not sell any fuel. Our topsoil has always been of the highest quality because we normally strip topsoil ahead of gravel operations. Our soil is called “sandy loam” topsoil and usually comes from along Franklin County Rivers and streams. We sell three types of topsoil. SoilPlus, which is a blended topsoil, and can be delivered with our Slinger Jones trucks, is normally used for flower beds and gardens. Pulverized topsoil is our rich topsoil run through a large grinder and made easy to work with and spread. That soil is used to level out lawns and fill areas that need built up with soil. Our regular, un-pulverized topsoil is used to fill deep holes, or when the customer is using a skid loader to spread the topsoil. We also sell and deliver high quality mulch, sand & gravel, and limestone products. Because we have so many trucks, we are normally able to deliver on the same day as the order is placed, and normally within a few hours. 40 Employees. Uses subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges apply. DBA Jones Fuel Co. Previous contact - John Jones. Award winning. Additional phone - (800) 867-7645.

No Pressure LLC

2022 Super Service Award

Weed Man - Columbus North

For more than 45 years, Weed Man Lawn Care has striven to create outdoor yards and landscapes that you call home. Our integrated services provide you with a peace of mind that allows you to unwind in the comfort of your yard, knowing that you’ve created a safe and healthy environment for entertaining your neighbors, playing catch with your kids or letting your pets romp carefree through the grass. Our professional lawn care services also result in increased property values, a must in today’s economy. We know lawn care and we tailor our programs uniquely for your lawn. Our lawn care program includes fertilization – with our exclusive blend of fertilizers – weed/insect/disease management as well as aeration and seeding. We guarantee our services. To find out more about any of our services, click below or call your local Weed Man professional today for a custom lawn analysis and a program designed to keep your lawn healthy and vigorous. Additional email - columbus.nw@weedmanusa.com. if (BADGEBOX) BADGEBOX.PlaceBadge();COLUMBUS lawn service

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal

Lawn & Landscape Maintenance. Landscape Planting & Minor Installations. Mowing. Lawn Care Applications. Irrigation sprinkler system design, installation, renovation, & service. Spring & Fall Cleanups. Mulching. Snow & Ice Management. Landscape Lighting. Edging. Bed Care. Shrub Planting. Tree Work.

Full scale landscape design. Hardscape - pavers, retaining walls