American Roofing Inc

Founded 1972 • With Angi since February 2008

15228 Madison Ave

Lakewood, OH 44107

American Roofing, Inc. is a "full service" roofing company performing everything from a new roof installations, restoration and maintenance to re-roofs and repairs.

11/20/2020

john S.

The technician thoroughly examined my roof and ridge vents and made honest recommendations about how-to proceed. Essentially I thought I had a leak but it was actually a missrouted dryer vent causing moisture problem. They really know their stuff and are 1,000% honest I trust them completely!

Description of Work
They expertly inspected my roof and made honest recommendations

08/28/2020

victoria F.

Wow, wow, wow, the did a great job. They had to tare off three roofs one being a slate roof. Made sure to protect my house and the neighbor's house too. Less expensive than anyone bidding on the job and the best. Recommend to anyone who needs a new roof.

Description of Work
Tare off three exsisting roofs and installing a new roof.

06/03/2020

Gerald A.

I appreciated the responsiveness as Dave was sent out the same day I called the office. I identified the area on the roof I believe was the result of the leak which was where the electrical wires coming to the house from the telephone pole was anchored. Dave agreed and proceeded to check it out. He sealed the area with roof caulking and also noticed areas around the chimney and sealed those as well. Also, he noticed a build up of debris in a valley over the gutter guards and cleaned that up which I appreciated. My only issue I have is I feel the cost to apply caulking that only took approximately 30 minutes at $350 was too high. I may or may not use the company again in the future.

Description of Work
Small leak in the ceiling above the kitchen sink.

06/23/2019

Daniel K.

We asked Anthony (owner) and his team to evaluate options for a minor repair. Both he and his crew member John were extremely responsive. John arrived right on time, and he called ahead and we were also notified by text to let us know he was on his way. we were able to speak with Anthony on multiple occasions (including after hours!) directly about his recommendations. He walked us through all relevant considerations and was among the most thorough and clearly honest people we’ve worked with. He armed us with all the information we needed to make a decision, and he didn’t charge us a penny for his time. Would highly recommend and will use if we do end up needing work in the future. Many thanks to Anthony and John for their integrity.

Description of Work
Evaluation and estimate of repair

04/18/2019

Robert P.

Anthony and his team made our garage roof replacement easy. Anthony contacted me this past Thursday and our roof replacement was completed this Tuesday. We were extremely impressed by the quick turnaround and the quality of American Roofing’s work. American Roofing uses new-age materials and techniques when working on residential roofs that are typically only seen in commercial settings and are far more advanced than other quotes we received. Anthony and his project manager, John, took time to answer all of our questions throughout the whole process and made sure we understood everything from agreeing upon services to final payment. Would strongly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Garage Roof Replacement

04/15/2019

MARC R.

This is not the first time we have hired American Roofing (Anthony Vangelos); it was 22 years ago when American Roofing put a new roof on our 26 year old home (in 1997). Recently we felt that it was time for someone to look and evaluate our roof. To be honest, we were not sure that American Roofing had done the job in 1997 but we did some digging and discovered that, yes, indeed, they had. We put in a call and Mr. Vangelos called us back very quickly and he did verify that they had done the work and stated that he or one of his employees would come to our house and inspect the roof on our house and garage without any charge. A few days later both roofs were inspected and found to be in excellent condition. Mr. Vangelos estimated that we had five to ten years of life in both roofs. It was difficult to believe that after 22+ years the roof was in such good condition and that a man whose business is to sell roofing stated that no maintenance needed to be done. It is quite unusual in these times that a company did their work so well that 22+ year did not reduce the quality of the initial installation (workmanship and materials). We also appreciated that Mr. Vangelos responded to our call so promptly. We cannot give this company higher marks in quality, professionalism, promptness and punctuality and will recommend American Roofing to friends, neighbors and colleagues. Well done American Roofing and Mr. Vangelos.

Description of Work
Inspect roof for wear and tear

03/26/2019

Laura F.

The product was good, they have wide products to offer and the workers are professional and attentive.

Description of Work
They did roofing and siding installation.

Category roofing, siding

01/21/2019

Alan F.

The work was done perfectly, quickly and as promised. Cleanup was excellent and the workers were courteous. American does mostly commercial work and, perhaps as a result, it has a sophisticated approach to proposing work and communicating. In this case, American had to find a new subcontractor to replace the one it normally relies on for insulation/ventilation and the change was handled well. American also was able to do the re-roofing in December/January, rather than waiting until Spring. I'd use them again and recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
Removing the roof from a small house and replacing it, removing the existing gutters and siding and replacing them, removing the existing insulation from the attic and replacing it, adding adequate soffet and other vents, and connecting the new downspouts to drain tiles.

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing

05/29/2018

Steven K.

Craftsmanship is excellent! I would highly recommend American Roofing. The new roof was delivered and installed within the original estimate. Work was completed within a very reasonable amount of time. We were advised to remove all items being stored in the unfinished areas of our attic. That advice saved us from a huge headache. Communication was excellent throughout the project. I highly recommend American Roofing.

Description of Work
Whole roof replacement

11/11/2017

Jordan K.

They were effective and inexpensive.

Description of Work
Repair of lifted shingles and flashing around the chimney

10/18/2017

debbie S.

I was very happy with the quality of work.

Description of Work
I had an old roof torn off and a new roof put on my home.

08/12/2017

Nick M.

Like many homes in the Cleveland area, our roof was damaged during the last major wind storm. We contacted American Roofing based on a referral looking to access the extent of the damage. That night, the owner Anthony talked us through everything from the insurance claim process to the roofing work itself. He worked with the insurance company and the project manager every step of the way. With very little resistance, the complete tear off, and all necessary code upgrades were covered. The roof looks fantastic and the roofers themselves were efficient, clean, and friendly. Honestly, I couldn’t be happier with how everything went and have already recommended American Roofing to my neighbors.

Description of Work
Complete roof tear-off, replacement, and code compliance upgrades.

07/24/2017

Heather G.

Great! Anthony was extremely helpful with what I needed and had a very quick turnaround time. I would recommend American Roofing to anyone who is in need of a roof expert. He answered all of my questions and went above and beyond to help me out.

Description of Work
A simple roof inspection for a home appraisal.

07/24/2017

Heather J.

The team at American Roofing was responsive throughout my entire experience- from my first call about an estimate until my new roof was installed. They took the "baton" and worked directly with my insurance company. The job was completed within the time frame they gave me. The team was professional and courteous. They worked diligently and quickly and made sure all debris was removed from my property upon completion of the job. I definitely would recommend this company if you're in the market for a new roof!

Description of Work
American Roofing replaced my roof after it was damaged by a hail storm.

07/17/2017

Carrie S.

They took great care in helping us find new tile that was similar to our old roof and that would compliment the style of our Lakewood home. American’s work crew were knowledgeable, approachable and hard-working – putting in long hours on our steep/unique roof (some days even working in the wind and snow) and giving us updates every step of the way. Much attention was given to detail & we are very happy with the results. I would recommend this company to anyone in the market for a new roof.

Description of Work
We hired American Roofing to replace our concrete-tile roof after storm damage.

07/15/2017

Craig D.

I couldn't ask for a better experience. The work was done correctly, in a timely manner, all while receiving excellent communication throughout the process. They even helped me get through the insurance claim portion of the work.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

05/04/2017

Janet G.

Anthony was very responsive and collaborative. The team was very efficient and did a great job.

Description of Work
Replacement of roof deck.

We love working for great people! We appreciate your business,

03/20/2017

John R.

Work disgusted was performed. No hidden charges. Clean up was done well

Description of Work
Chimney flashing repsir

01/29/2017

byron H.

first appointment missed. Anthony came out, provided estimate to fix. Tried to set repair date several times but never received a response. Very professional, knowledgeable and seems trust worthy but needs to improve on communication and responsiveness. This would not discourage me from hiring American Roofing in the future - just frustrating when you have water leaking in your house and all you want is to get it fixed.

Description of Work
roof repair

The scope of work included tearing off the roof and roof deck. This work typically is not performed in December or January in the Cleveland market. This is for safety and quality related issues. Please contact me to discuss. Anthony vangelos 216-226-0123

11/12/2016

Robert H.

They did a great job. Very fast, very clean, very professional, wonderful experience. We have a flat rubber roof on the family room and my concern which I expressed to them was making sure they didn't throw anything on rubber part of roof. Now because of that, it is concaved and now the roof in some critical areas is denting in. They left nails and stuff and it will puncture. The work they did was fantastic, but I wished they would've used more brain power to protect our rubber roof. We we have to see what happens after the winter.

Description of Work
Tear off on original part of the house.

06/28/2016

Roxanne D.

We are very pleased with the quality and workmanship of American Roofing Inc. From the beginning, our concerns were addressed in a prompt and courteous manner. The various roofing products were thoroughly explained so that our choices were easy to make. The entire job was completed in 2 days and a cleanup crew was on hand at all times to assure that no shrubs or flowers were damaged in the process. We have already received many compliments from friends and neighbors on our new roof.

Description of Work
Removed old shingles and installed new shingles on house and garage.

06/10/2014

CHRISTINA D.

Went to their website and left contact info to get estimate on roof replacement. Been a week now and no call back. There was even a rainy day last week when someone could have contacted me as roofers don't work in the rain! I understand if a company is too busy to take on another job, but at least have the courtesy to call me and let me know, not just leave me hanging. I find that very unprofessional...I believe a week is plenty time to return a phone call...

Description of Work
not a thing

[member name removed], I apologize but I just checked and we do not have a contact submission request from our website under your name. Please call 216-226-0123 asap to discuss 24/7. I can arrange service immediately. I will have our web host look further. Anthony Vangelos President

04/17/2014

Rachel D.

Anthony came out and inspected my garage and explained in detail what had to be done. He also gave me a few different options. He took the time to explain the different costs and how the roof would be done depending on which option I chose. He provided photographs of past projects so I could see how the roof would be built. I had some other quotes that were slightly less but like how Anthony walked me through the process. As soon as the weather was agreeable they crew got right on it and the project was completed in the time frame they said, it took two days. The crew were all very polite and courteous. They left the garage and sheds cleaner than they found them. There was no trace left that workers had been there. They even realigned some shed doors at no extra costs. I would definitely use American Roofing again

Description of Work
Replaced the roof of a two car garage that had to attached sheds.

01/20/2014

janice P.

Had to call3 times to get a quote.

Description of Work
Nothing. Quote was to replace a 15 ft strip of gutter

01/04/2013

Shawn P.

It went well overall. They communicated some with the insurance and I was able to pay them after the work was completed and I received the insurance payments. Anthony was very good with communicating with me through the process. the workers were professional. They cleaned up and even had a good janitorial service clean my attic. They offered me a paid advertising. Thats why I wrote this review. They only paid me half of what they told me they would. The work was good although i found nails by my toddlers playset. I like the roof a lot. Just dont do the paid advertising they offer you.

Description of Work
I had a storm damage claim from the Sandy storm. I had three estimates. American roofing was really professional and knowledgeable with the presentation of their bid. They also got the insurance to pay for attic ventilation and attic cleanup.None of the other companies I talked to mentioned getting insurance to add the ventilation. They came in and did a fast efficient job. i was left with a great product on my roof. Im very happy. They also put new boards behind my gutters for free. two things I did not like about the process of getting this roof was the fact that they did not provide me with a final itemized estimate or receipt as I requested. The bid was three thousand dollars more than the other three bids I received with the same grade shingles. Granted they did the attic ventilation and all name brand materials.

Ray Arnold Masonry

Ray Arnold Masonry is a family owned and operated business for almost 70 years, now in our third generation! We specialize in chimney repair and masonry needs, including cultured and real stonework, retaining walls, steps, porches, patios, and basement waterproofing. We are committed to quality craftsmanship and customer satisfaction, and dedicated to handling all of your masonry and general contracting needs. You can count on our work because we focus on building lifelong relationships with our customers, delivering the best possible service and continuing to grow and expand. Our estimates are free, with the exception of some real estate transactions, and we generally require 30% down to put a customer on our work schedule, with the balance due upon completion. We also offer a 5% military discount. We would look forward to serving your masonry needs!

The Gutter Boys

The Gutter Boys Co. works daily to provide a seamless and enjoyable customer experience. Our helpful sales associates can get you a quote for gutter cleaning right over the phone. If you are looking for seamless gutters or protection, we come right to you, and customize a quote specifically for your home and circumstances. We are never pushy. We like to say that it’s a sales experience that your mom would be comfortable with. The Gutter Boys technicians are tenured and knowledgeable. We are proud to provide a high continuity of service by utilizing employees for our installation services. Our techs are rigorously trained and have received Master Installer status with Valor Gutter Guards, which TGB exclusively installs in Northeast Ohio.

2022 Super Service Award

Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet

Gutter Helmet Gutter Protection | Proudly Serving Local Homeowners Since 1981 Never Clean Your Gutters Again! Gutter Helmet is the one-time investment with a lifetime of benefits. Our system installs over your existing full-sized rain gutters, and we offer the only true four-season/365 day-a-year total rainwater management protection system. Trusted by over a million customers nationwide, we guarantee your gutters will remain free flowing and clog free from all debris with our triple lifetime, transferable performance warranty. Call to learn more about the Gutter Helmet difference and schedule your free demonstration and estimate today. (877) 779-8048. Senior & military discounts available.

Offers by Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard

Installation and repairs of commercial & residential roofing, seamless gutter, flat, low slope & insulation.