We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Bone Dry Roofing Inc -Columbus

Founded 1989 • With Angi since July 2008

3500 Parkway Ln

Hilliard, OH 43026

Our Columbus roofing team is licensed, bonded and insured to take care of your home improvement needs. For more than 30 years, family-owned and operated, Bone Dry Roofing, Inc., headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, has built its reputation as the premier roofing contractor across the Midwest.

02/04/2020

Angela W.

My experience with Bone Dry was positive from beginning to end. They were highly responsive, and they did quality work within days of my contacting them. I hope I won't need them again, but if I do, I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
roof repair

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We're happy we were able to provide you the services you needed. We appreciate you choosing Bone Dry Roofing!

12/08/2019

Quentin Y.

They installed two roofs on my house in a two year period. After fighting with Bone Dry Roofing for two years for the shoddy work they did on the first roof they agreed to reroof my house. The second install was poorly installed and shoddy work was covered up. I caught some of the shoddy work and they had to rip up brand new shingles and reroof the area. They damaged my gutters and they left exposed decking from not cutting the decking properly to fit the roof. Crew did not speak english and second day of job translator quit. Found out job foreman had less than a year of experiance in roofing. Roof installation is very sloppy not to mention it appears ice and shield covering may not have been installed at all in some areas. I cannot understand why they did such a terrible job and sent people with little to no experiance in roofing only to destroy my roof. They caused damage to my roof. I have many pictures to prove the shoddy work. All I wanted was a roof done right after two years and two roof replacements it still wasn't done right. As soon as the snow and rain come the osb decking will begin to rot because it is exposed to the elements. Roofer's respones when I called them about the issues during installation they made some mistakes! Are you kidding me? People have a certain expectation and hope they are getting quality workmanship and should not have to babysit a roofer to make sure they do good work. Owner of the company is suppossed to come look at the poor work and damage but never called back. My insurance company is coming out to document the shoddy work. I am also working with the local news station to try to protect others from making the mistake of using Bone Dry Roofing. Also will be filing with the Ohio Attorney General. Don't let Bone Dry Roofing near your house you will be sorry!!!!! UPDATE 12/10/19 RESPONDING TO SERVICE PROVIDER'S RESPONSE: Owens Corning never inspected my roof that is simply not true. They do not warranty bad work their words not mine. They wanted pictures of the broken wood your company covered up. That is why the claim was denied. I had several roofing companies all Owens Corning certified look at the first roof your contractors installed and they said the work was awful. Broken boards covered, coarses of shingles not nailed down. The nails were shot between boards. The second roof has shoddy work also. Your company fails to understand some of the contractors you hire in central Ohio are doing substandard work. The pictures I posted show examples of the substandard work and the contractor's total disregard for my house. And please stop telling me my roof was installed properly when you have never been to my property to see either roof install. The owner said he would call me back to come look at the roof that was last week and no call back yet. If you want to contact me you have my information.

Description of Work
This is the second roof they installed on my house in two years.

We have been in regular communications to resolve your concerns. Although this was not a warranty issue, as confirmed by the manufacturer’s inspection, our goal is to make our customers happy. Even though the roof was installed correctly, we replaced your roof at no charge the second time in an effort to resolve your issues. We stand behind the quality of the work. In reference to the gutters damaged, we did not take precautions to protect the old ones as we were going to replace the gutters, thus it was not necessary to protect them. Please contact us directly to discuss further if needed.

09/23/2019

Patrick W.

Bone Dry was fantastic. They were able to schedule quickly, then on the day the work was done I was sent images of the work as they went. This was very helpful to see that everything was going as planned and getting done quickly. Once they were finished, they cleaned every scrap of shingle and every roofing nail off the property and actually left it looking better than before they got there. Thank you so much for your help, the house already feels better with those new edge vents!

Description of Work
Complete shingle replacement, put in edge vents, fixed bathroom vent

06/25/2019

Daphne M.

Steve and his team were great!!! very professional and attempted to explain every step of the process prior to repairs. They finished all work within two days (one day for full roof replacement, a few hours for insulation) and cleaned up after repairs were finished. Would highly recommend them for services for self and others in the future.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement; Insulation

Category insulation, roofing

[Member Name Removed], thank you for allowing us to be of service to you. It was our pleasure! Andy - General Manager

06/04/2019

JEFF B.

I had a slow start to my project and some confusion but once Andy stepped in I had great service and everything was clear up to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
Roof/gutter repairs

05/14/2019

MELISSA S.

Very well. They were very thorough and just recommended a repair instead of a new roof. Very communicative during the whole process.

Description of Work
Roof repair

[Member Name Removed], thank you for allowing us to assist you! Andy - General Manager

05/08/2019

Patricia W.

Every thing went well. Zach, Carlos and Stacey were my team and all did their jobs very well. I appreciate the high level of customer service, which doesn't always happen. Zach provided a timely review of what was needed and provided a quote via e-mail. He promptly answered all of my questions. Carlos did the actual repair / replacement and was punctual and very hard working. Stacey kept me informed every step of the project via e-mal and answered all questions in a very timely manner. Their price was comparable to another local company. I would recommend and would use them again.

Description of Work
Replace 2 sky lights and repair small hole in roof

Category roofing, skylights

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your review and for allowing us to assist you in your Home Improvement needs! It certainly was our pleasure. Andy, General Manager

05/05/2019

David T.

Great experience. Seth and his crew did a great job. They provided daily updates throughout the project. Additionally, they went to great lengths to protect the property (i.e. Landscaping, and etc.). I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace roof

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your review and for allowing us to help you with your Home Improvement needs. Andy, General Manager

04/01/2019

Linda B.

They did a great job and I would hire them again. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on my home. They also put on new gutters as well.

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure to help with your Home Improvement needs! Andy - General Manager

01/28/2019

Ronald K.

24 foot length of flashing installed - responded within one week and work completed in one day

Description of Work
Flashing leaking water adjacent to dormer

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help. It was certainly our pleasure and thank you for your Business! Andy , General Manager

01/28/2019

Ronald K.

Almost immediate response from inspector evaluating leak and repair completed within five days

Description of Work
flashing installed to stop a leak - previous installer very poor workmanship

01/13/2019

John S.

This company was superb in all areas. They were right on time, worked efficiently and did an outstanding job. Completely satisfied I would hire again. One day job. Price was competitive and they were good to their word. Sales team, project manager and supervisor were on site and available for questions. Received text updates with pictures to report status throughout the day.

Description of Work
Complete roof tear off and replacement

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for allowing us to assist you with your Home Improvement Project, it was certainly our pleasure. Andy , General Manager

12/08/2018

Mike P.

Awesome experience all-around with Bone Dry. Very efficient communication with scheduling/getting estimate, letting me know when repair was going into production, during the repair, and they even squeezed me in a few days earlier than originally estimated. Repair personnel also texted before, during, and after, all looped in with home office contact, so nothing falls through cracks. This also incorporated invoice payment information, which can easily be done via credit card online. A+ experience all around!

Description of Work
Shingle repair

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to your needs. We strive to be the best roofing company in Columbus and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review and provide us feedback. Let us know if we can be if further assistance to you! Thank you again, Andy - General Manager

05/30/2018

Quentin Y.

Bone dry did a terrible job on my roof. They did not replace all the wood that needed to be replaced. I have broken boards on my roof and also boards with cracks and large holes. I saw these issues when I went into my attic. Called Bone Dry and was told by the salesman(Andy) the cracked and dry rotted boards are not a concern and they was trying to save me money. Came out and looked at the roof promised they would fix it and never came back. They had one Bone Dry employee the others were contractors who installed the roof and also did not pull the proper permits. I would not recommend this company. To the customers who have used bone dry check in you attic for broken boards. You might not like what you find. I was also called by a company who was taking a survey for Bone Dry and I let them know everything and said they would also post the review on Owens Corning's website too. I have several pictures that shows some of the issues. Some of the boards are split the whole span.

Description of Work
New roof job

As you know we take photos throughout the whole process and share them with you. We've actually discussed the board(s) and you were sent photos of the ones in question from the exterior after the shingles were removed. Your cracked board you see from the inside is/was not cracked all the way through to the outside, this is a process that is called "checking" and it causes no harm to your roof decking since it's not entirely through and it runs side to side where your trusses support the 1x wood. With the "holes", those are naturally in your 1x deck boards, they are knots. When shingles are applied and being nailed into the deck boards, the nails can loosen them and cause them to fall out, this is what happened with your roof. Again we have our before pictures that clearly show there were no large holes in your deck boards. Your question about replacement is valid and what you were told, was that we replaced what was visible from the outside and what was necessary. We do not replace all deck boards because that is not necessary. Your permit was not intentional, if you look at your City's Building Department Website in the Fall of 2017 when we did your roof it was not clear that you needed a permit and there wasn't permit applications on line. Once we knew that this was required, we immediately rectified the situation where we obtained the permit, showed them all of our photos and yours with the checked wood and knot holes. The Chief Building Inspector reviewed, approved and said that it was perfectly fine, normal and there was nothing wrong. I believe he also told me that your roof was inspected and it was in good order. In addition, we are a Platinum Contractor and we pride ourselves in taking care of our customers. We never claim to be perfect but we do take our customers concerns seriously. You met with our Production Manager and he said that he left that if you wanted the 2 boards replaced, we would do so. To date, 7 months later we have not had that request from you. Even though we know there isn't anything inherently wrong with the boards I will have my office reach out to you this week to see if we can accommodate you. Keep in mind, you have a Platinum Warranty with your roof, workmanship is covered at 100% for 25 years and materials are covered for 50 years at 100%.

05/08/2018

RICHARD J V.

Excellent service. A quality job done in a timely manner. Very responsive to my questions. I would give this company the highest recommendation.

Description of Work
New Garage Roof

Thank you for your Business [Member Name Removed].

05/02/2018

Steven S.

This was as painless a repair as I could have imagined. Bone Dry was responsive, professional and most of all, punctual. They contacted me before coming out and made sure I knew what was needed to fix my roof, how much it would cost, and when they could do it. They provided me with high quality pictures of the damage and the fixed roof afterwards. Andy was friendly, straightforward and honest. He found as many discounts for me as possible, and even though it was a minor service call, he gave me a very good deal. They were even able to fix the roof early. I couldn't be happier with their service.

Description of Work
Minor roof repair due to storm damage

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for allowing us to assist you with your roof repair. We appreciate the opportunity to help! Let me know if there is ever anything that you ever need in the future. Andy

04/27/2018

Brad R.

They scheduled an appointment to come provide an estimate and then never showed up. Apparently if you only have a small repair it’s not worth their time. Poor customer service. Unprofessional. (UPDATE 5/15/2018) After getting off to a bad start with the missed appointment they made up for it in the end. They acknowledged their mistake and the owner offered to come out and personally look at the work that needed done. They completed the work in a timely manner after providing an estimate. I appreciate the efforts of the owner to make the situation right in the end.

Description of Work
Had a small roof repair that needed completed.

[Member Name Removed], Small repairs is how our company was built, we do them every day, to us they are just as important as complete roof projects. Can you let me know when your appointment was scheduled and can you let me know who you scheduled with at our office? We have a system that tracks all of our customer data base and appointments, I can’t even see you in our system at all, maybe it’s under another name? Also, our process is that when you schedule an appointment, the day before we will call to confirm that we will be there. If we do not get a customer we will leave a voice mail as long as we are able to do so. In addition, our Representatives call on the way to the appointment and still arrive even if we do not get an answer. I’d be happy to speak with you further, please email your contact information and I will call to discuss. You can email me at andy.gastineau@bonedry.com.

04/25/2018

Mike G.

After a few rain delays, which were communicated very well, The work was completed and looks very nice. The workers had to replace 6 of the 4X8 sheets, which was extra, and was spelled out on the quote. No surprises there, and the crew cleaned up after themselves. Very professional.

Description of Work
replaced a rubber roof, a few layers of shingles, along with several boards on the roof.

[Member Name Removed], We appreciate the opportunity to help! Thank you! Andy

04/02/2018

BRIDGET O.

Installed new roof within 2 weeks of getting estimate. Great work, fast and efficient.

Description of Work
New roof installed.

[Member Name Removed], thank you for your Business. I’m glad we were able to assist you with your Home Improvement Project. Andy Gastineau, General Manager

11/01/2017

Jeff S.

Most professional company ever have worked with

Description of Work
complete roof replacement on home

10/13/2017

M S.

They were able to find and fix a roof leak that we had tried to have fixed before without success. They answered our questions, were patient and helpful, and did a great job. The roof looks great and no more leaks! Very reasonable price, too.

Description of Work
Roof repairs

09/05/2017

Peter S.

One of the biggest thing is they came out really quick. We are looking to sell the house, and looked to get someone in quick to take care of it quick. It was leaking, and we were concerned that the next storm would have more leaks. They came out quick. I called in the morning, and they were out in the afternoon to look at it. They came and gave me an estimate. They came back within an day or two to do it.

Description of Work
They repaired an leak we had.

09/02/2017

Benjamin N.

Another company came out and gave us an estimate of like double price estimate of what Bone Dry gave us.? Bone Dry was an excellent company.? Bone Dry came out, the gentleman came out named Andy Gestino.? He gave us an estimate.? The gentleman was out here working on the roof the day Andy said he would be here.? The gentleman that did the roofing repair job didn't even ask for the money.? Andy just had me mail it to the shop, which was great.? They didn't ask for anything up front.? Money was paid after the service was provided.? Bone Dry was absolutely an A.? Absolutely an A on punctuality.? Absolutely would use them again.

Description of Work
Bone Dry Roofing did our roofing repairs.

08/30/2017

David M.

Works was done on time and the results were very good.

Description of Work
Repair roof and install new gutters and down spouts

08/14/2017

Regina A.

They were prompt and did a great job.

Description of Work
Replace roof