A Brush of Class Painting Services Inc

Founded 1988 • With Angi since April 1997

A Brush of Class Painting, Inc., offers a wide variety of services to accommodate the painting needs of the most fastidious residential homeowners and commercial property managers. The cornerstone of my business’ success for the past 30 years has always been personalized service characterized by a commitment to craftsmanship and pride in a job well done. 1-3 employees. Owner personally performs and/or supervises all work. Email: jamie@abrushofclasspainting.com...

house painting (85)interior painting (40)pressure washing (16)deck cleaning (7)drywall (7)wallpaper removal (5)decks & porches (4)general contractors (4)woodworking (3)window replacement (3)garage doors (2)door installation (1)

03/17/2021

Debbie W.

Very well. Jamie arrived when he said he would, did very nice work, and got everything done in a very nice timeframe.

Description of Work
Interior painting and some wallpaper removal .

Category contractors, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/15/2021

03/04/2021

Mike B.

Jamie was great! He was quick to respond to our request for a quote. He provided us a clear and fair quote while itemizing rooms at our request. He was up front about the timing of when he thought he could perform the job and followed up with us once we confirmed the job. Jamie was on time, performed quality work, cleaned everything up. His communication was great, his pricing was fair, and he did great work! We would hire Jamie again and would recommend him for other jobs.

Description of Work
Hallways, steps, spare bedroom, and kitchen ceiling were painted.

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

06/30/2020

Brian P.

Jamie provided a quick estimate and was able to start working the following week. He was timely each day and he did a great job with the paint. I would hire again.

Description of Work
Paint 1,800 sq ft basement that is being finished.

Work Completed On 07/06/2020

03/25/2020

Amy K.

Jamie did a great job on my ceilings and walls. He was very neat, got the job done way ahead of schedule. I would definitely recommend him. Awesome work.

Description of Work
Painting of walls and ceilings

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

09/21/2019

Judith H.

Jamie from A Brush of Class Painting repaired and painted our 35 year old deck. It looks almost new. Jamie provided a quality service. Prep before painting was thorough, including replacement of boards, power washing and sanding. He was on time each day and completed the project on schedule. Will hire for future painting needs.

Description of Work
deck repair and deck painting

Category deck cleaning, house painters

Work Completed On 09/17/2019

09/17/2019

Mary C.

he was on time, a steady worker, did an excellent job, was pleasant to have in the home.

Description of Work
paint a large two story great room and entryway

08/28/2019

Mari M.

We could not be more pleased with Jamie Miller's work. His professionalism is top-notch! In addition to the cleaning, sanding, staining, he replaced a rotted deck railing. We appreciated that Jamie took care to protect the dense perennial gardens that are in front of the deck skirting to minimize possible damage. He also did some touch up work on the chimney. We're planning on having him do interior work for us during the winter.

Description of Work
Deck repair and staining

Category contractors, decks, masonry, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

09/24/2018

DOLORES & BRUCE R.

Jamie painted the ceiling of our living room, dining room and kitchen. He painted the walls in kitchen, living room, dining area, Florida room, den, front door and part of our garage. He also painted the trim. Jamie was very professional, arrived on time. He did a fantastic job and our home looks amazing now. I have used him in the past and would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Painting of interior walls and trim of our condo

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/24/2018

Review for A Brush of Class Painting Services Inc - 11828 Crouse-Willison Rd, Croton, OH - 37420858

08/26/2018

DAVID R.

Jamie arrived at predetermined time. We discussed job, and he got right to work. upon conclusion of each day, he made the area tidy, and placed ladders out of the way. Job was complete within a week. Jamie performed power wash as well as exterior painting.

Description of Work
We needed an exterior painting, as it had been about ten years since A Brush of Class last painted.

Category garage doors, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

12/13/2017

Caroline W.

Excellent! If I could give an A+ I would. This is our third time using Jamie for paintwork. Once in another home (exterior paint) and twice in our existing home (interior paint). He is VERY reasonably priced and does fantastic work. Very neat and clean and does the work himself so no contractors. I have never been disappointed with any of his work. I would highly recommend him for any interior or exterior house painting.

Description of Work
Minimal drywall repair and full room painting (kitchen, hallways, family room).

Work Completed On 12/11/2017

10/24/2017

Kim B.

Excellent as always ... Jamie has been painting for us since 1996. Brush of Class is the only paint service we will ever use.

Description of Work
Jamie painted our great room and foyerr (25 foot ceilings) and the exterior of our home; he stained our deck and powerwashed all the stone/concrete surfaces outside.

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

10/23/2017

Loretta K.

Jamie promptly responded to our call for an estimate and came out to give the estimate a couple of days later. He was prompt to respond to any emails or calls we made. During our conversation regarding the estimate, we felt that he was honest and trustworthy. We didn't realize that the first person that had stained our porched sealed and stained over mold. At first, Jamie didn't think he would be able to get the mold off of the porch without an intensive process and gave us options for dealing with the situation. However, he kept trying and was able to get the mold off before he sealed and stained the porch. He made recommendations on stain type and color. Jamie and his helper came out one day to powerwash and returned a few days later to seal/stain the decks, which they finished in one day. The decks look great! We highly recommend A Brush of Class Painting and will definitely use their service again for our decks or any painting we need done. The breakdown of the cost below is $985 for the large deck and $360 for the small deck. It was definitely worth it for us.

Description of Work
Our front deck (10x40?) needed pressure washed, mildew removed and sealed/stained. Our back deck (8x10) needed pressure washed and sealed/stained.

Category decks, deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 09/23/2017

08/24/2017

Austin M.

He did a good job. I would use him again.

Description of Work
repaired a leak in ceiling, patched dry wall above my door, painted everything and painted my door

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/24/2017

07/22/2017

Carolyn D.

He made it out here on time and gave me an estimate that day. It was too high. He was responsive, professional and estimate was professional.

Description of Work
Estimate for exterior painting.

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

06/16/2017

BILL & KATHI H.

One of the upstairs bathrooms required substantial work that took several days, due to damage done by months of excessive humidity from a poorly functioning exhaust fan. What started as a mess on the walls and the ceiling turned into a fresh-looking bathroom. Jamie discovered a bad surprise when he stripped the wallpaper in our downstairs bathroom. The drywall was badly scarred, but he was able to restore it so it looked smooth and ultimately was paintable. We are very pleased with his work, and that of his helper, Christopher. We will use A Brush of Class for all of our painting needs in the future!

Description of Work
We had multiple interior areas painted (several rooms, ceilings and the foyer/stairwell area). Wallpaper was removed from a first floor powder room, and it was painted.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

04/28/2017

John C.

not good, I called about an estimate for painting and was told they would call me back for appointment when they were in my area...??? A couple days later they called and said they don't do work in my area. I live in Columbus so that's why I called them ( from Angies List Columbus ) If they only service part of Columbus , it should say that in their add.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Work Completed On 04/28/2017

It does show in my company profile that I DO NOT service the members particular zip code. I made an appointment (for 4:30pm on Thursday April 27 to be exact) with the member to provide a quote for exterior painting the first time we spoke, which was on Friday April 21. I DID NOT offer to call him back when I was "...in his area." The fact that I did not catch the members zip code and point this error out immediately the first time I spoke with him is, however, purely my fault. The fact that the member did not check my service area before calling is his fault. I called the member on Monday April 24 to apologize for any inconvenience and to cancel our appointment after I realized where the member lives and that I had made a mistake. This was a full three days in advance of our appointment, so I do not understand why the member is so put out by my handling of a circumstance that he set in motion. I do not think that it is fair for me to receive an "F" rating for Responsiveness because a member overlooks basic information which I subsequently fail to point out fast enough to suit them.

02/18/2017

Pam H.

It went very well. They were efficient.

Description of Work
We used A Brush of Class for exterior painting.

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

09/17/2016

Brad T.

Outstanding work, and no problems. A little pricey, but well worth it.

Description of Work
Power wash gutters and house with anti mold/mildew solution. Paint exterior trim, porch, doors, shutters, and chimney. Install new kick plate & door knocker. Minor wood repair.

Work Completed On 09/12/2016

06/28/2016

Chris W.

Jamie and his assistant did a really great job painting the interior of our house before we moved in. He was very professional and was able to get the job done on time, which was really important since we were having new flooring and carpet installed. The house now looks great with the new paint and flooring. Because Jamie is a small business owner and is directy involved with the painting and doing much of the work himself, I think that he was much more consciencous of his work and making sure that they did a great job which is something we didn't experience with a larger, corporate-owned painting company as well as a family-owned business that we had previously hired. I wouldn't hesitate to call Jamie again for any future painting projects and I will highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of a professional painter. Thank you, Jamie!

Description of Work
Painted most of the interior (walls) of our new house.

Work Completed On 06/08/2016

02/22/2016

Robert R.

He was professional, along with his assistant, Brendan. He did above and beyond what I expected. I would use him again in a heart beat. He started this job on February 11 and finished on February 22.

Description of Work
He was contracted to paint the whole interior , including all walls, woodwork, doors/trim, baseboards, window trim.

Category replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/11/2016

12/12/2015

MARTHA K.

Jamie and his crew did an outstanding job. I have also used him in the past for other paint jobs. He does an excellent job and would highly recommend him. He is extremely busy in the summer so book early he is well worth the wait!.

Description of Work
Powerwashed fencing and deck. Then came back a few days later and painted the fence and deck.

Work Completed On 08/05/2015

12/11/2015

JANET S.

Jamie was quick with an estimate on this painting job. His estimate was right in line with the others I had received and I decided to go with him because he was local and very frank about his services. He was responsive in terms of scheduling the job for the coming summer at a time convenient to us. They did a good job prepping the job, even power washed some mildew-y patio steps without being asked, and then completed the job in the time frame promised. When I called him about some fairly significant areas of pine knots from new replacement siding bleeding through his paint job, Jamie without hesitation returned to our house in the Fall to stain-block these areas and then repainted them a few days later. He is a no-nonsense kind of guy and gets the job done with his one co-worker without a lot of gab.

Description of Work
Prepared and painted our 1871 Victorian farmhouse

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/24/2015

08/27/2015

SUZETTE & SCOTT D.

Jamie was top class right from the start. And, having a friend just have a terrible experience having her house painted, I appreciate him even more. We'll have two big projects (a barn and workshop building) in the future and will hire Jamie for those too. He met me for the quote on time and provided an initial review of the job and was thorough in explaining what he felt needed done. The prep work was thorough and you wouldn't even know the painters were there - professional and quiet. Once the new house color was chosen, came by with a paint sample to ensure we were happy. Their quote was not the lowest, but I had a feeling the quality of the work promised was going to be worth it. You get what you pay for and Brush of Class exceeded our expectations. I also appreciated that Jamie does the work (with help) and that ensures quality. We've been Angies List members for over 10 years and have done most all of our work using review here. We always promised a good review for good work done and dang if it doesn't happen every time.

Description of Work
Paint exterior of house, trim a second color, and stained the deck.

Category deck cleaning, house painters