Columbus Home Services

Founded 1988 • With Angi since January 1997

4.2

640 Lakeview Plaza Blvd Ste F

Columbus, OH 43085

Family owned & operated. 25 years in business, 35 years experience in the industry! Repair, remodel & renovate! Contractor for the Anderson's General Store on Sawmill since 1993. ...

10/26/2016

Herbert M.

He came out, he did a really good job. I love it. It was actually main bathroom for the house that anybody can use. We have 2.5 and this is the main one in the hallway and he suggested doing some demolition taking out certain parts for bathroom, it is made a lot bigger because that bathroom is like an after thought. It seems much larger now and it is beautiful. He did answer emails of whatever we had concerning that bathroom. I have already recommended them. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Columbus Home Services actually put in a new bathroom for us probably in April. He did two new bathroom for us. He does most of it by himself. He usually has workers with him, this last time he didn't, but usually he has a team with him and he actually did my kitchen too.

10/26/2016

Herbert M.

It was very good. He had a team out here. We didn't really didn't see him much for that particular time. He had a team of people that came out and they worked on the kitchen. We had it completely gutted. They worked with Lowes at that time. I picked up the cabinets and everything that I wanted and they took over from there. They were good. They were pretty professional.

Description of Work
Columbus Home Services came out and did kitchen remodel way back in January 2004 because we bought range in Whole 9 yards and he installed them.

02/05/2016

Lorraine S.

I have used Jim and his crew before when he was affiliated as a contractor for a home store in Columbus several years ago. I was so impressed with his work when he remodeled my bathroom in a former home. I just wish I had found him when I started my kitchen remodel in my current home because I have wasted time and money on poor workmanship that had to be redone. These guys are top notch. Their commitment to quality is second-to-none. If you are rehabbing now or stalling on a project because you don't know who to trust...you need this team! They are hard to get but worth the wait.

Description of Work
Installed floor and backsplash tile and new floor moulding.

03/16/2015

Jessica Y.

This company is extremely easy to work with, work was all completed in a reasonable amount of time. Scheduling and response times were great and pricing was on par. I have already referred others to them for estimates.

Description of Work
I had this provider complete several projects last fall and most recently last month - egress basement window, desk redone with composite, shower floor torn out & replaced, and a new water heater.

Category home remodeling

Thank You [member name removed], Jim.

02/09/2015

CARRIE A.

I contacted Jim Strausbaugh after an attempted break in at my Mom's house that was for sale to obtain an estimate for replacing the 9 light door with a steel door. I was given an estimate of nearly 600 from another company. Jim who I have used previously for work at my own home, agreed to purchase and install the door for us in quick time. Jim and his assistant were very attentive to time being of the essence for safety and welfare reasons and we were most appreciative. Jim is a very skilled carpenter and we have used him for the installation of other exterior doors and windows at our other houses.

Description of Work
Removed and Installed an exterior steel door . Cost included purchase of door.

Category home remodeling

Thank You [member name removed], Jim.

05/01/2014

Nancy V.

Contractor insisted on e-mailing me even though I didn't want that. Missed message due to clogged, choked e-mail. About four months after the work, toilet started leaking through the basement ceiling - had to call a plumber who did a patch job - about $150, but said if it didn't hold, it would cost a lot more - $800+. (So far, it has held, thank goodness.) The toilet moves when sat on. The custom-ordered sink has a faded patch, but too much hassle to worry about. Too much trouble coordinating with them.

Description of Work
Remodeled small bathroom

Category home remodeling

(Member Name) never notified me she had a problem. I would have been more then happy to fit any problem. She can complain on Angies List, but never call me, that is not fair. I would be more then happy to fix any problem she has now. All you need to do is call me 614-885-4663, Jim.

08/11/2013

SCOTT J.

They came to my house, said they would give a quote but I never heard from them again.

Description of Work
They didn't do any services.

Category home remodeling

Sorry, I get very busy in the summer and it takes me a while to get you an estimate, I apologize for not getting back to you, Jim.

06/27/2013

Nancy V.

Took the store a long time to supply products needed but that's not the contractors fault.

Description of Work
Remodeled half bath, installed new toilet, vanity, sink faucet, floor covering. Refinished & painted walls and ceiling. Secured a cabinet to wall.

04/15/2013

Linda S.

I could not be happier with Columbus Home Services. Jim Strausbaugh did the etimate and was willing to work with me on changes that were made. Adam and Rick did the work. They were wonderful. Always polite, showed up everyday at the time they indicated they would and made every effort to accomodate our needs. Workmanship was excellent. They are extremely conscientious and take time to do it right. If it's not right, they redo. Very, very satisfied.

Description of Work
Columbus Home Services did a complete remodel of our master bath. A big corner Jacuzzi tub was removed, cabinets were replaced, new shower and tub installed, new flooring, new partial wall added, lighting and plumbing moved.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you [removed name], for all the referrals, Jim.

12/03/2012

Ben F.

Went very well - Jim was super. Attentive, experienced, worked with my situation/budget/timing/wishes. Worked with my tenant to get it all done. Worked by text/email/phone and in person to accomodate my busy schedule and took care of extra issues that arose that were totally outside the scope (e.g. gutter went down, basement drain got clogged that was due to tenant stuffing a sock down there!). I could not have asked for more from my experience overall.

Description of Work
Demolish and rebuild a small bathroom in a rental house. Make it 'commercial grade' to withstand hard usage by tenants - this was not for good looks, it was for an inexpensive house in a relatively low rent district, but the needs were very extensive due to years of mistreatment and malfunctions that had gone on before I found Jim. New floor, toilet, wall surround, vanity, plumbing work.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Double H Cabinet Installation

We specialize in custom cabinets, carpentry services, wood working, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

CertaPro Painters of Columbus

CertaPro Painters of Columbus has been serving the Central Ohio and Greater Columbus area since 1994. Locally owned and operated, we are a professional house painting and commercial painting service. We have an outstanding record of customer service and industry leading expertise.

Rosati Windows

When you're ready to buy replacement windows and price, quality and service all matter, call Rosati Windows. Our custom windows are manufactured in Columbus, Ohio by a skilled workforce using the most modern equipment available. Our technical and engineering expertise has enabled us to produce windows that are backed by the strongest warranty in the industry. And our customer service is second to none. Consumer Choice Award Winner. Additional e-mail: info@rosatiwindows.com.

Kitchens, baths, basements and room additions, decks and porches, windows, doors and patio doors & handyman.

HVAC work.