Newman Tony Roofing

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2010

We are a local owned Roofing Company that has been servicing our customers for over 25 years. We continue to get rave reviews on Angie's list as our Customers are the most important part of our business! We do offer a discount to Angie's List customers and guarantee all of our work. Give us a call

A Service Provider's profile image

roofing (110)chimney repair (16)gutter repair (10)plumbers (5)skylight installation (3)chimney cap repair (3)gutter cleaning (3)decks & porches (3)roof snow removal (1)siding companies (1)

07/25/2019

Lisa W.

Tony Newman Roofing is the real deal. I requested an estimate via email on the website. He arrived at our house in a matter of hours. Impressive right off the bat. He said our roof could be replaced in about two weeks and in one day. Both were true. His crew arrived at 6:30 AM and did not stop working until they were done - four hours later! They were prompt, courteous, and professional. Do not hesitate to use Tony Newman for your home. You will receive unparalleled service.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

04/21/2019

Virginia A.

Tony was professional, personable & reassuring from estimate to job completion. He discussed all my concerns & answered all my questions. I was away while the work was done. My next door neighbor said: the roofers came, worked, cleaned up & left in 8hrs. Several neighbors & dog walkers have complimented me on my “nice new roof” The cost was very fair. I will recommend Tony Newman to all.

Description of Work
Roof & gutter replacement for home & garage.

Category gutter repair, roofing, chimney repair

Work Completed On 04/17/2019

10/02/2018

Andrew F.

Everyone I spoke with was very nice, extremely professional, prompt, and most importantly, did what they said they were going to do. It's very refreshing to do business with someone where you get a quality result for a fair price with no issues. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
There were rusted out nails in our ridge vent allowing water to get in and ultimately it started dripping through the ceiling in our bedroom. Mold was growing in the attic and there were several other small holes in several shingles.

Work Completed On 10/01/2018

08/12/2018

William S.

Tony Newman Roofing was very prompt and well organized. The quality of his companies work was exceptional. The crew showed up @ 6:00 am and the roof was completed by 11:00 am the gutters and downspouts were completed a couple of hours later. The roofers left the work site cleaner than they found it, nails and roofing scrap completely removed. The whole process was seamless and expedient. I will keep Tony Newman on my list of go to companies for roof work. I am extremely pleased with the overall experience, thank you.

Description of Work
Total roof tear off and replacement, installation of new gutters and down spouts

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 08/09/2018

thx

07/11/2018

Joseph Z.

Very well; Tony and his foreman John are excellent people. The roof is top grade and I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Work Completed On 06/30/2018

06/19/2018

Steve S.

Had a leak. Tony rearranged his schedule & got it done before it rained again. Guys got it done & cleaned up in a day. Would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Old roof off & new roof on

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

06/13/2018

Cindy W.

A tree falling on the house accelerated our plans for a new roof. Tony Newman Roofing responded quickly, priced fairly, arrived when they said they would, and finished in a day. Ground clean-up was so good we couldn't tell they'd been there.

Description of Work
Roofing and repair

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

06/06/2018

Charlotte S.

They were very good . Did it in 2 days, cleaned up everything. Iwould reccomend them to everyone and would use them again. Nice bunch of staff felt like I had already known them. Thanks Tony Shawn and the crew.

Description of Work
Put new shinges and replaced some wood on my roof..Total new roof

Category roofing, chimney caps

Work Completed On 05/08/2018

05/16/2018

jerry R.

This is the second time that I have used this roofer and he will be the only roofer that I would use and recommend. He got back to us immediately, and both Tony and his foreman were most helpful and on the job site. The crew were very courteous and hard working and the job site was left immaculate. The job was completed a head of time.

Description of Work
Tear off and replace roof

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

05/16/2018

David E.

Tony's crew did an awesome job! Replaced roof on a 2200 sq ft house in about six hours, very fast and great workmanship. The price I felt was more than reasonable. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Replace old roof with a new roof

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

Wanda T.

They did an excellent job, they did it in 2 days, and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
They re-roofed the house and barn.

Work Completed On 12/25/2017

Ugo G.

I contacted him for an estimate, and his estimate was on line. He was very professional. His team was out within a day. There were no problems.

Description of Work
They replaced our roof.

Work Completed On 05/08/2017

Don T.

They came when they said they would and were prompt. We had a leak before and he came back to fix it. They did a nice and neat job and I will recommend him to others.

Description of Work
They installed a new roof.

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

05/13/2018

Ron R.

Tony put a roof on a addition approximately 3 years ago. We had a storm roll in and a tree branch came across the roof a damaged a couple shingles. I made a call to Tony being concerned that it might start linking knowing I don't know anything about roofing and or repairs. Tony sent a 2 man crew the following day. Repairs were done with no charge within a hour of them showing up. I providied the extra shingles that they left me. I feel I had to take my time to say Thank you to Tony .

Description of Work
emergency roof repair after a storm

Work Completed On 05/12/2018

Cleve M.

The work turned out well. I was really happy with Tony. They started when they said they would, finished when they said they would and did a good job cleaning up. I have no complaints.

Description of Work
They put a new roof on.

Work Completed On 08/23/2017

Tim S.

They did the work all in the same day, great cleanup and did a great job!

Description of Work
They did the entire roof on one of my rental properties.

Work Completed On 03/22/2018

Maurine C.

It went well. They did a very good job, we were very satisfied. They were in and out in one day.

Description of Work
They did a total re-roof for me.

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

Mike S.

They did an amazing job. They were there shortly before 7am on the morning they did it and when I got home from work a little after 4pm they were done and gone. They left no mess behind and did an absolutely amazing job!

Description of Work
They did a complete tear off and install on my entire roof.

Work Completed On 04/26/2018

01/27/2018

Jennifer T.

Unprofessional and inefficient. The estimated 3 day job stretched to a 6 day job. The job "supervisor" had a screaming match with his coworker on my roof, spewing obscenities in the middle of the day in plain view of the neighborhood children. The only explanation I received was that he has "an anger problem". After their clean up I found nails, shingles, and even a razor knife in my gardens. Also the business owner refused to accept a $250 Angie's List coupon at full value. Do yourself a favor and take your business elsewhere.

Description of Work
New Roof Instalation

Work Completed On 08/15/2015

Newman Tony Roofing rejects, in its entirety, this customer's account of the events surrounding their roofing project. The project in question was completed over four (4) years ago. This customer sought legal action against Newman Tony Roofing and their claim was dismissed with prejudice in a court of law, as there was no basis for their erroneous accusations. The customer is now using the Angie's List platform solely as a means of damaging the professional reputation of Newman Tony Roofing in an attempt to justify what must have been a personally embarrassing, self-inflicted legal defeat. I have forwarded the court decision in a letter from my attorney to Angie's List for their files and consideration. With this project, as in all of the projects we undertake, the customer was serviced with integrity and professionalism from beginning to end. This review is not representative of our company or the work we do. I want to address each claim in this review individually, as there are four specific inaccurate claims therein. 1. The job did not span 6 business days. The roof was completed in 2 days as is standard for the size of roof in question. Work is all weather dependent which can have a lengthening effect on project timetables, however this was not the case with this roof. 1. There was no "spewing of obscenities". This is not only grossly inaccurate, it is insulting, as the "coworker" mentioned in the review was my son and the "supervisor" engaged in the alleged verbal assault was me. We carry ourselves with professionalism on all of our jobsites and respect the environments in which we work. To suggest I am in some way mentally unstable or dangerous is a grotesque attempt to impugn me personally and render potential customers reluctant to have me in or around their homes. As a devoted father and an active member in the community, I personally resent these claims. 1. While there may be small amounts of debris that do not find their way to the dumpster after a large tear-off, we take great pains to ensure the site is as clean and clear as possible before we leave. We also ask our customers to review our work and the grounds before we present a final invoice. As is industry standard, we use magnetic rollers and other equipment to ensure the site is professionally cleaned after a project. In this case, there were no issues reported and we were never made aware of any debris of any kind found after the close of the project. 1. To the final point, I sincerely doubt that this customer was even a member of Angie's List when the work was completed years ago. Even so, I, Tony Newman, am in complete creative control of the coupons and offers that appear on my profile on the website. To any reader of this review I would pose the following rational question. Why would I take the time to develop and post a coupon on my Angie's List profile if I was not fully prepared and committed to accepting it? The customer never presented any coupon at the time of service nor was Angie's List ever mentioned. I accept all valid coupons when they are presented to me at the time of a service or estimate. Furthermore, I offered this customer $2,500 dollars to avoid a costly and time consuming court proceeding and reviews like these from appearing online. Our reputation is worth more than money and I felt like I was being extorted. The customer demanded $3,500, which I refused to pay. This is why this went to court. As a final result, this member ended up with nothing. I, however, have incurred legal fees in excess of $2,000 to combat these false claims and retain my reputation. In closing, I would simply ask that any interested members refer to all of our positive comments below spanning years of professional service to the community. We guarantee all of our work and are always happy to provide a free estimate on any project. Thank you. Tony Newman----Owner

10/22/2017

scott W.

Very professional, fast and friendly. I had my roof replaced in 1 day! I will definitely refer to friends and family!

Description of Work
Tear off and new roof

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

10/21/2017

Stacey U.

Tony was very professional, friendly and worked very fast. I do not always come across honest companies as a single mother, but that was not the case. Tony was very honest, explained everything prior to doing the job, with no surprise costs. I am beyond thrilled my roof no longer leaks!

Description of Work
I had a leak in my roof, I had my roof tore off and completely redone.

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

10/08/2017

Jack D.

On time, in budget for a demanding job

Description of Work
Replacement roof