N B ENTERPRISES INC

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2002

3260 W 121 ST

Cleveland, OH 44111

Nick knows houses and buildings. He has been serving the housing industry for over 25 years. Nick graduated from the Westside Institute of Technology Building Engineering Program and has applied this expertise to local building structures and the waterproofing profession for over 10 years. He has been a loyal resident of Cleveland his entire life. He serves his community with honesty, hard work and integrity. What does this mean to you as a customer? You can count on us being: • Reliable • Knowledgeable • Having Integrity • Us producing Long-term benefits for your home’s foundation Business Stability: Owner Nick Berardi has been in the waterproofing business for over 10 years, owns his own equipment and has two teams of dedicated employees (no sub-contractors). His work crews are dependable, and many team members have a history of longevity with NB Enterprises. Personalized Customer Service --A trademark of NB Enterprises-- Nick personally supervises each site to ensure that all questions get answered to the customer’s satisfaction and that the work quality exceeds customer expectations. Nick believes in educating his customers about the long-term benefits of exterior waterproofing. Give us a call to benefit from the experience and expertise Nick and his team has in Waterproofing! ...

basement waterproofing (54)excavating (8)drain pipe installation (7)drain cleaning (2)concrete driveways (2)plumbers (4)stone & gravel (3)concrete repair (2)tile installation (2)mulch delivering (1)

08/10/2021

Jim T.

Very happy with the repairs on our 99 year old basement foundation. All four walls were excavated, repaired and waterproofed. New drain piping, downspouts and an outdoor sump pump was installed on time and on budget. Communication was excellent throughout the job. Nick's crew was hardworking, courteous and professional. They left our home in great shape. Nick is personable, knowledgable but most importantly fair and HONEST! There were no surprises. The work we had done was not cheap, but we wouldn't hesitate to recommend NB Enterprises.

Description of Work
Exterior Basement Waterproofing with Excavation

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

01/05/2019

Don H.

Nick, owner of N B Enterprises and his very professional crew performed an A+++ job replacing the basement walls of our 100 year old house, originally built on a crawl space and a basement added by digging under the house and installing footers, four walls and floor during the 1940’s. My wife and I highly recommend N B Enterprise to waterproof and restore basement walls because of their experience, knowledge, excellent communication skills and professionalism. My family members have lived in this house since early 1950’s and my wife and I took ownership last year after a death in our family. I interviewed about a dozen basement waterproofing contractors for this unusual and difficult job and Nick was the only one who proposed a thorough basement wall restoration plan and quality materials. Nick used all the correct materials on the basement walls and drainage pipe to remove water away from the basement walls and footers. He improved the water pipe coming into the basement, installed aluminum trim under the Aluminum siding to prevent water from entering, removed debris from around the house and performed excellent clean up. I highly recommend N B Enterprises for basement repair and waterproofing.

Description of Work
Replacing the basement walls of our 100 year old house, originally built on a crawl space and a basement added by digging under the house and installing footers, four walls and floor during the 1940’s. Waterproofing

Category concrete repair,excavators,plumbing,pavers, gravel,basement waterproofing,drain pipe,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 12/15/2018

10/03/2018

Suzanne H.

Nick and his crew were very professional and the work was done well and according to schedule, even working one Saturday to complete that job on time. We had confidence that Nick knew what he was talking about and that we would get our serious water/mildew problem taken care of. He checked in on the crew daily and kept us informed of the job's progress. We were very pleased with the work done.

Description of Work
Drainpipes installed and waterproofing around the exterior of the house and concrete floor poured in our dirt cellar

Category basement waterproofing,drain pipe

Work Completed On 10/03/2018

04/19/2018

Stephen L.

Everything went great! Nick was always professional, on time, honest, and did a great job!

Description of Work
Structure wall needed fixing and basement cement needed to be dug up and then replaced

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

10/08/2017

SHARON P.

This was a large job, and we had multiple time constraints. Nick and his team went out of their way to complete the job on time. All of the workers were pleasant and diligent, and left our property in great shape when all was done.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

11/10/2013

Allayne S.

I hired Nick and his crew to work on a 90 year old historic home in Gates Mills that my brother and I were rehabbing to put on the market. The basement of the house had excessive moisture problems along with mold. I got estimates from 4 total highly rated companies on Angie's list. The other three told me that I had no option other than excavating the entire basement including an ornate sand stone porch that borders one side of the house and sits on a 10 foot cement base. The estimated cost was $45,000 and they offered me no alternatives. I hired one of the other companies to jet sewer the down spouts to the gutters and snake the window well drains. They worked for about two hours clearing the downspouts and then told me that all of my drains were clogged and would need to be excavated. The total cost was prohibitively high for us since we had inherited the house and were working with limited funds for the rehab. When Nick arrived I was somewhat discouraged however he was able to work with me to offer a reasonable alternative for less than half the price which involved excavated the more accessible walls to the foundation replacing the footer drains, waterproofing the walls and back filling with gravel. Snaking all the window well drains (which after 3 hours of work his crew was able clear) and jetting the footer drains from the exposed sides. He then filled in the holes in the sand stone porch (which were intending for plantings and served as the major source of water problems on that side of the house.) He told that although he could not guarantee that side of the house he felt the work would solve 90+% of my problem. I am happy to report over a year later including a very wet spring and fall the basement is still dry. His crew was very professional and hard working. When they were done they completely leveled that ground so all I had to do was replant the grass (this was a big deal to me after I had spent nearly 5K landscaping to fix the mess the company that replaced the septic system left.) The work they did on the sand stone porch was as good as that I had done by a mason. When Nick came back to inspect the final job and get his payment the furnace to the house had broken due to an electrical problem caused by the septic company. Nick fixed the wiring on the furnace to get it going again and did not charge me anything for this. This was the best experience I had with over a dozen contractors I hired to work on this house. Rather than take advantage of me (I'm a woman in my early 30's and trust me many of the people I hired took one look at me an raised their estimates) Nick really tried to understand my problem and develop a workable solution for me that was within the constraints on my budget. I am forever grateful and would use them again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
excavated south and east sides of basements, snaked window wells on all sides, jet sewered footer drains

Work Completed On 08/15/2012

09/30/2013

Jutta C.

The work started on time as promised. All members of the crew were very knowledgeable, efficient and courteous. I expected the process to take longer than it did. The project was completed in 2 weeks. It passed both city inspection with flying colors and my property was cleaned up very well. The only thing left for me to do was seed the lawn where the drainage ditch was dug and replant the flowers I had saved prior to the start of construction. Thank you, Nick and Crew, for doing such a wonderful job. Jutta C.

Description of Work
Waterproofed exterior basement walls, dug out drainage and water lines and replaced sanitary and storm sewer lines and the old lead water line.

Work Completed On 09/25/2013

12/07/2012

JANE D.

Very pleasant, knowledgeable. Showed integrity in this situation.

Description of Work
I called this company and described over the phone a particular problem and the estimate that I had obtained from another contractor. I explained that I was trying to find out whether my prior estimate seemed in the right "ball park" or whether it would be worthwhile to have NB Enterprises come out to give another estimate. Mr. Bernardi was very nice and gave me his time. He did not try to undercut his competitor, and told me that he thought the prior estimate was indeed reasonable, and that the comments of the other contractor made sense to him. Very pleasant fellow and seems very knowledgeable.

Work Completed On 12/03/2012

11/20/2012

Charles and Julie M.

He did what he said he would do in a timely basis. His work has been successful.

Description of Work
He did some basement water proofing for us. He dug out beside the basement and put in some crushed limestone.

Work Completed On 07/15/2010

11/15/2012

WILLIAM S.

Good experience overall. Long delay between contract signing and job start.

Description of Work
Excavated and waterproofed two sides of house foundation (drain tile, sealer, rock backfill, new cleanouts).

Work Completed On 10/16/2012

The NB Enterprise Exterior Waterproofing Process solves your problems by: • Completely replacing pipes in affected area • Excavating an 18"–24" trench around foundation and removing all non-porous dirt • Sealing walls to prevent future moisture from entering and eroding the house foundation • Replacing cracked or clogged drain tiles at the base of home• Backfilling with washed gravel to provide excellent water drainage Please look at the illustration to get a better idea of our process!