Hurst Design Build Remodeling

Founded 1997 • With Angi since August 2009

When Pat and Dan Hurst founded Hurst Design-Build Remodel in 1997, they set out with a simple goal: to be the best home remodeler in the Cleveland area. To achieve their goal, the brothers knew that quality, creativity and client care were the keys to success. “Is there a better way to do this?” became their guiding principle. Even today, they are constantly seeking ways to improve Hurst’s level of quality from top to bottom. When adding members to their team, the Hursts followed the same principle, ensuring that every new member had the same drive. Together, the entire Hurst team has developed a set of core values that maintain Dan and Pat’s pursuit of excellence: Be passionate and determined Pursue excellence in all we do Be creative and innovative Build open and honest relationships Deliver exceptional service Build a positive team and family spirit By following these principles, Hurst’s award-winning team has helped hundreds of Northeast Ohio homeowners love their homes again, while becoming known for its high standards and earning peer recognition as an industry leader. 15 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Extra charge for after hours services may apply. May contact by email. Additional emails - dan@hurstremodel.com, info@hurstremodel.com, cwalden@hurstremodel.com, bridget@hurstremodel.com, tgraf@hurstremodel.com. Additional DBAs - Hurst Construction Inc, Hurst Remodeling. Additional contact names - Dan Hurst, Carmen Walden, Bridget DiFilippo, Martha West. For additional contact names & emails see website....

Total Exterior Systems

Total Exterior Systems

04/30/2020

Perfect! Hurst designed a beautiful space for us to enjoy the outdoors complete with a covered porch with skylights, entertainment area, and a large built in grill space with cultured stone and granite counters. It looks amazing and I will be using them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Wanted an outdoor covered kitchen that blended into my home

CATEGORY decks,remodeling,home builders,woodworking

05/13/2017

Hurst couldn't be bothered with our request for quote, no reason given, thanks for nothing

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
40K kitchen remodel

CATEGORY home remodeling

01/02/2016

I got 3 estimates - all from big reputable construction/remodeling companies for the exact same work.  Hurst's price quote was extremely high - $12k higher than one estimate and $29k higher than the other. That's right - $29k higher. How in the world could one company charge $29k more than a similar company for the same work?  The Hurst estimate wasn't as detailed as you would think it should be i...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A representative came to my home to speak with me and discuss upgrades I wanted in my house.  I asked for 1600 s.f. engineered hardwood floor, granite countertops in mid-sized kitchen, replacement of approx. 20 wooden spindles on my stairs to iron balusters, replace over range microwave with vent hood.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,countertops,flooring contractor,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters

09/29/2015

We interviewed 5 remodeling firms.  We were very impressed with the Hurst process.  An online calendar that tells us what will happen each day; a weekly meeting with our project manager to talk about what has happened, what will happen, and our questions, concerns, suggestions, requests. They have been responsive, respectful, dependable, and professional.  Our project manager has kept us informed ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Demo'ed kitchen down to the studs, removed deck, demo'ed powder room, new floors in the family room and laundry room

CATEGORY decks,flooring contractor,remodeling,home remodeling

05/16/2015

Dan Hurst was horrible. He is completely unresponsive and has no follow through skills. He is not reliable at all and does not return phone calls. We fortunately got referred to another company who has been tremendous. I would not recommend Hurst at all. Save yourself time and aggravation and contact someone else.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They were supposed to give us an estimate for remodeling a bathroom and supplying and installing hardwood floors on the whole first floor.

CATEGORY remodeling,home remodeling

Design & Build Room Additions, Kitchen, Bathroom Remodeling, Basement Living Spaces, Interior-Exterior Remodeling & Repairs.

Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, American Express