Columbia Kitchen and Bath

Founded 2010 • With Angi since October 2012

Home enhancement company with twenty employees. Our proprietary 10 Step Process identifies every facet of our customers' needs, allowing us to recommend the best solutions. We offer 100% financing, including 0% interest loans. Additional DBAs - Columbia Exteriors LLC, Columbia Chimney Care, Columbia Kitchen & Bath, Columbia Windows. Additional email - contact@columbiaex.com....

Thompson Masonry and Chimney Repair

Thompson Masonry & Chimney Repair specializes in residential Chimney and Masonry repair. Services include: Chimney Repair, Chimney Sweeping and Cleaning, Chimney Rebuilds, Chimney Crown Repair, Chimney Inspections, Chimney Liners, Furnace Liners, Water Heater Liners, Masonry Repair, Tuck Pointing, Waterproofing. Our goal is provide you with the best Chimney and Masonry Repairs in the state of Ohio.

Hicon Inc

HICON Inc. is a construction service company formed in 1977. The firm is comprised of three operating divisions: HICON Masonry, HICON Paving and HICON Restoration. HICON Masonry provides unit masonry services for the new construction building market. HICON Paving installs paving stones, brick pavers and segmental retaining walls for homeowners, builders and general contractors on new and existing properties. HICON Restoration furnishes masonry and concrete repair and maintenance services to homeowners, and owners of light commercial properties.

B A Klaene and Son Masonry LLC

3 employees. No subs. Cost determined by the job. Free estimates.

12/18/2015

Back in September, I contacted Angie's List to complete a Complaint Resolution against Columbia Kitchen after I was having difficulties getting them to come to my home to complete the work as promised or even respond to requests for contact. After the complaint was filed, Columbia Kitchen reached out to me and made several promises to come out and get the work done. Once again, I am having the same problem of having them commit to getting the work completed. On top of that, I had selected lighting and plumbing fixtures through Ferguson, a company in Ohio and wrote a check for $5,000 to Columbia Kitchen for the materials. After they stopped showing, I requested they give me all the materials. Columbia came and dropped off the materials; I am assuming everything is there. Ferguson, the supplier of the hardware called me and stated that the check from them was stopped. They call every few weeks and say they will do better but it doesn't mean anything. I reached out to an attorney who checked with the Clerk of Courts in Cincinnati, Ohio and this service provider has had several lawsuits against them since 2012. I doubt I will ever see that money again. Stay away from this company!

Description of Work
Hired them to complete renovations of two kitchens and two bathrooms in a two story family home. I occupy one floor for my residence and rent the other. They completed the tiling of the floor as asked however they started to dismantle the kitchen and bathroom of the rental unit and never came back to complete the work.

Category home remodeling

06/29/2015

Important Note: This company has and still does business as Columbia Exteriors, also owned by Chris Craft. On a positive note, the employees who came out to the house were very pleasant. And the pros end there. The rest of my experience, especially lack of service after the sale, was very negative. First of all, my impression while dealing with them was that there was frequent turnover in office staff so each time I called it seemed like I had to start all over with someone new. And communication between the office and the employees who do the work was really lacking, causing them to arrive without the necessary supplies. Second, I do not feel as though I was adequately informed as to how ugly my fireplace would look after they did the work. Basically, my concern was about a small area on the side of the inside the fireplace where I thought stink bugs might be able to pass through and get into my house. I assumed the work would fill the gap with matching mortar. They did seal that (Fall 2014) and some other areas they felt could let in cool air. The result was hideous, although I was unaware of that for several months. There is a black glass screen on the fireplace so I did not see what had been done until after I recovered from a broken ankle and started a fire in the early Spring. It looks so sloppy and does not match the tile at all. I would never light a fire when anyone was visiting and I think it will be a detriment when I sell the house. I wish I could attach a photo because it's unbelievable. Third, the repair to the gutter did not work and I can see loose nails in the very area that was supposed to be reinforced. Fourth, and possibly the worst, is the lack of the company's responsiveness when I contacted then about my concerns. I emailed them and got no reply. I waited for a couple of weeks and then called, during which time I was told I could go to the hardware store and buy some spray paint and spray over their work. Are you kidding me? That would really appeal to buyers. Finally, I emailed the owner (Chris.Craft@ColumbiaEx.com) explaining my concerns, relaying the company response, and including photos. I asked for his help. He never responded. I would not recommend this company to anyone. While mistakes or misunderstandings can occur when work is done, there is no excuse for completely ignoring a dissatisfied but polite customer.

Description of Work
Initially cleaned chimney as part of a special. Subsequent services contracted for included fixing some masonry at the top of the chimney which they identified as badly cracked as well as sealing an area inside the chimney at the living room level which I identified. I also paid for the gutter to be secured to eliminate a misdirected fountain of water that was not going down the drain.

Category chimney sweep,gutter cleaning,gutter repair,roofing,chimney repair

06/03/2015

UPDATE 8/6/15 GUESS WHAT ANGIE'S LIST USERS, I'M HAVING TO DO ANOTHER UPDATE ON SERVICES NOT PERFORMED CORRECTLY. LEFT MESSAGE ON ANSWERING MACHINE BUT NO CALL, I BELIEVE NO ONE CHECKS THE MESSAGES. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MY GUTTERS ARE STILL OVERFLOWING SINCE I HAVE FULL COVERED GUTTER GUARDS. THE ROOF SHINGLES AND NAILS MUST STILL BE IN DOWNSPOUT IN FRONT GUTTER. HOPEFULLY THE GENERAL MANAGER WILL CONTACT ME TO RESOLVE THIS AGAIN. UPDATE 6/23/15 ONCE I ISSUED AN ANGIESLIST NEGATIVE REVIEW I RECEIVED A RESPONSE THE NEXT DAY FROM THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY. HE HAD READ MY REVIEW AND WANTED TO RESOLVE MY GUTTER ISSUE ASAP. AS PROMISED, HE HAD HIS GENERAL MANAGER CALL AND SCHEDULE A REVISIT TO CORRECT ISSUE. I HAVE NOT CHECKED BUT I ASSUME THEY HAVE DONE A JOB CORRECTLY. 6/08/15 THOUGHT EVERYTHING WENT FINE UNTIL LAST WEEKEND WHEN I HAD TO GET ON ROOF TO DISCOVER THEY NEVER CLEANED THE GUTTERS. WHEN MY ROOF WAS INSTALLED, THE LAZY CONTRACTOR DIDN'T CLEAN THE ROOFING NAILS AND PIECES OF SHINGLES BEFORE REINSTALLING GUTTER GUARDS ON MY HOUSE AFTER NEW ROOF. I PURCHASED GROUPON TO FINALLY RESOLVE THIS ISSUE BUT FOUND 53 NAILS AND SEVERAL PIECES OF SHINGLES IN JUST ONE OF MY FOUR GUTTERS! I EVEN PAID EXTRA ON TOP OF THE GROUPON SINCE I KNOW IT TAKES MORE TIME WHICH ISN'T FAIR TO CONTRACTOR GIVEN IT WAS A GROUPON. I HAVE LEFT SEVERAL VOICEMAILS WITHOUT RESPONSE AND NO ONE EVER ANSWERS THE PHONE. ALL I WANT IS MY GUTTERS CLEANED AS PROMISED!!!

Description of Work
I PURCHASED A GUTTER CLEANING AND ROOF INSPECTION GROUPON.

Category chimney sweep

I am not sure what happened with this specific situation, but I am sending a rep out immediately to take a look at his gutters and make sure his issues are resolved the right way. We have had some departmental changes to avoid some of the issues we've had in the past. We pride ourselves in resolving every possible issue with customers, as is the case here. So, that's why we are spending the time and money to get someone back out there and get this taken care of the right way.

04/16/2015

As stated in the provider's response they are coming out to do a free gutter cleaning and inspect the roof to see if the roof winterization service was performed. There appears to be new management at the provider. I appreciate them reaching out to me but am disappointed it took a negative Angie's List review to get a response when nothing was offered when I spoke with them over the phone. Will update again after they have come out for the gutter cleaning and roof inspection.

Description of Work
Chose this provider for a gutter cleaning and roof winterization based because of a Groupon. Technician did not show up when stated so I was not home when he arrived. My children were home and stated he was there for less than an hour. No receipt or description of service was left. I repeatedly tried to contact the company and after several weeks heard back from them. They stated it was not their practice to supply a description of services completed. I have no idea what the technician did but assumed it was not much based on the short time he was on the job.

Category gutter cleaning

We reached out to [Member Name] concerning this issue. We apologized that things were not completed the right way. We did offer to come out at no charge to the customer and complete a new Gutter cleaning service on April 30th. When finished we will leave a door hanger letting the customer know that we have completed the service. [Member Name] said that he appreciated the call and that he was willing to give us the opportunity to make things right. We appreciate [Member Name] business as we do our other customers. This situation occurred in October 2014 and we have sense taken steps to better take care of our customers. We are under new management and believe that we can provide great services and products to our customers now and in the future. We look forward to a fresh start and are extremely excited to move ahead.

02/02/2015

Our service tech was very nice and professional. He explained the minor issues he (customer) had with the roof.

Description of Work
Roof tune up.

Category handyman service,roofing

Thank you for your review. Please stop by our NEW Kitchen and Bath Showroom located @4723 Red Bank Road Cincinnati, OH 45227 and received 15% off on all of our products for a limited time. Also register to WIN a Basket of Cheer. We will be drawing a winner each month. Call for directions 513-721-4222

01/29/2015

GREAT! THE SERVICE PERSON CALLED BEFOREHAND TO REVIEW/EXPLAIN, THE SCHEDULER CALLED TO CONFIRM AND THE SERVICE PERSON CALLED AGAIN AFTERWARD.

Description of Work
GUTTER CLEANING

12/10/2014

Very well and easy from scheduling to completion. The service providers and staff were friendly and helpful

Description of Work
chimney inspection and providing a chimney tight fit inside lining

Category gutter cleaning

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and are here to serve you. We are currently Celebrating our NEW Showroom @ 4723 Red Bank Road 45227 by offering 15% off on all of our products. Windows, Siding, Roofing, Kitchens and Baths. Feel free to come in and visit or give us a call today.

11/25/2014

I had contacted Columbia Exteriors to have them clean & inspect my chimney. When I contacted them they told me it would be a couple weeks before they got out there and scheduled an appointment for the Saturday the 22nd, with a time frame of 1-6pm. I had no problem waiting a couple weeks for the special and was looking forward to the inspections so I could start using the fireplace, just bought a new home. Saturday the 22nd arrived and I had received no follow up call, but I had no reason to believe they would not be there. I proceeded to sit around Saturday from 1-6 and did not hear from them at all. I let my frustration settle that evening and called them Sunday to voice my displeasure and get some sort of explanation. I don't believe they were in on Sunday so I left them a VM. It is now Tuesday and I still haven't received a response! With their terrible responsiveness and lack of care for potential customers, I would strongly recommend against reaching out to them for their services and would not even consider them in the future. It is back to square one in my search to get my chimney cleaned and inspected.

Description of Work
Thy were scheduled to preform a special $89 chimney sweep and inspection.

Category chimney sweep,gutter cleaning,chimney repair

According to our records you spoke with Destiney who explained our situation and told you how to get your refund. I apologize for the poor communication by our service department. There were issues that we could not control.

11/10/2014

Bought a Groupon for Columbia Exteriors to come out and perform a chimney sweeping & inspection. Left 2 voicemails over a week apart requesting a call back to schedule an appointment for the service to be performed. Was never given a call back. I called probably a dozen times after that and tried every prompt number in their automated system in an attempt to speak with a live human with no success; every prompt ended in a voicemail box or circled back to the main menu. I am very surprised by just how high this company's average rating is here on Angie's List. Given their lack of response and the inability to get ahold of an actual person to address my service needs, I would advise steering clear of them until they get these issues addressed. Fortunately Groupon customer service came through and refunded my money and I am now scheduled for the same service with another company with an actual A-rating here on Angie's List.

Description of Work
Provider was supposed to call me back to schedule a time to sweep my chimney. I never received a return call.

Category chimney sweep,gutter cleaning,handyman service,chimney repair

I'm so sorry sir but I have no information from you at all. Please call me at 513-721-4223 so that I can figure out what the problem is.

11/05/2014

We gave them a 3rd down payment of $3,294.00. They were supposed to come in a week, and they didn’t come. I called them and then they came. I called them back. Someone was supposed to come for precise measurements, but no one came. Someone ended up coming but didn’t measure anything in the basement. Now every time I call them back, I get a voicemail, no matter what extension I get.

Description of Work
They were supposed to finish waterproofing the concrete walls. They were going to do that. They were gonna get some plywood and put four walls covering the walls. They were going to install a toilet. They were going to install a ceiling light. They were supposed to provide a wide doorway so that a wheel char could go through. They were supposed to put in an exhaust fan as well. They were supposed to insulate the walls. Install wash stand, medicine chest, flooring, etc.

Category home remodeling

On November 11th, 2014 it was brought to my intention that (member name removed) had called and wasn't happy with the communications between her and our Production Mgr. Mark Reynolds. At that time I called and spoke with (member name removed), she explained the communication issues with Mark and the fact that she had called and didn't receive a call back. I apologized to (member name removed) and explained to her that Mark was no longer with our company and that she will experience nothing but professionalism moving forward. She just kept saying that she doesn't trust us and that her husband had just went into the hospital and may not come out. She said the bathroom was for him and if he doesn't come out why get it done. At this point, I'm not sure if it is her husband or the communication issue that is troubling her. I have called and emailed her back and forth to try and resolve this. She had also mentioned that she expected her job to be done in October, which is not stated on the contract. We have also had email correspondence that Regina Houchens was copied on. At this point, although I feel terrible about her husband's medical issues, I don't feel that we can refund her the deposit money and void the contract. This is a binding agreement by law. We have put many man hours along with Administration fees into this project and will plan on proceeding. On the back of the contract it states that if someone wants to cancel the contract after the three day rescission that it is their responsibility to pay the entire contract amount. The only thing that I would be willing to do at this stage of the game, to help her, is to let her out of the contract and keep her deposit of 1/3 of the contract amount. I have explained to (member name removed), that we would be happy to wait until after the first of the year to do the work, as she requested which is another option.

Windows. Siding. Doors. Roofing. Chimney care. Kitchen & bathroom remodeling. Tiles. Bathtubs. Cabinets. Carpentry. Counters. Decks. Gutters. Marble & granite. Sunrooms.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available