Central Service Inc

Founded 1941 • With Angi since November 2002

3.8

PO Box 54211

Cincinnati, OH 45254

We offer major appliance repair for the entire tri-state area. Central Service is the original, oldest, family owned appliance repair company in Cincinnati. We have only achieved this thru honest, dependable service. You will be delighted by our courteous, efficient service technicians. Be sure to visit our website for many more testimonials, and to schedule your service online anytime of day! Alternate Phone Number: 513-351-5003...

04/29/2017

Tom Y.

it was a bad door switch, he had the parts on his truck, 1 stop repair.

Description of Work
fix microwave

08/07/2014

MARY F.

Central didn't want to be bothered.

Description of Work
Called to have a replacement fan switch installed on 17 yr. old JennAir drop in. Was told part was no longer available, that I might find it online, they would install but not guarantee. Called another provider who looked for the part, found in 1 hr., came a few days later to install.

Category appliance repair

The company was under different management at this time. The Central Service name was purchased by the current owner late August 2014 so I am not sure of the specifics of this situation. We hope you will give us a try again!

07/29/2013

Lori W.

They came to the door 1st day and refused to take off their shoes and didn't have shoe booties with them. I thankfully had shoe booties for this reason. I think professionals should have shoe booties so customers will have a clean home when they leave. But anyway, I allowed him in my home to diagnose my broken handle that I told him about on the 1st phone contact. I spent almost $230 for the handle and service fee on this 1st 5 min. trip. I was contacted by a computer stating that my part was in and my appointment was scheduled next day which was on a Tuesday. I am off on Mondays and so I forced to call them back immediately to change this appointment to the following Monday since I was off that day. Well the day of the appointment came and they called me towards the end of the appointment time to cancel since the wrong part was ordered. I then rescheduled the appointment on the 29th which again was another Monday. They thankfully called me earlier this time to cancel again! The tech called in sick that day so he was not available. The gentlemen said that he didn't have anyone available for me. I told him it has been several weeks waiting on this to be taken care of. We hung up and I talked it over with my husband and we agreed that we didn't want them back since they were rude on the 1st appointment and this was such trouble to get them over here to replace a simple handle. The service guy called me back and I told him I didn't want them back as I was not comfortable with them. He is only refunding me difference from the service fee. To me if you have problems with the company they usually discount their service and try to work out something. Not these people. On the day my handle broke I was deciding on either a new dishwasher, as there were several sales going on for the 4th of July, or just fixing what I had. Bad decision. I should have had the dishwasher replaced. I was trying to save money by just fixing what I had. Expensive lesson learned. I have been an Angie's list member for a couple of years and have never found anyone on this list that was worth the money I have paid for their service. The only benefit that I have found for this was the discounts that are emailed to you. I do not recommend either Central Repair or Angie's list.

Description of Work
They came out for 5 minutes to determine I had a broken handle on my dishwasher for a 90.00 service fee. I told them I had a broken handle on my dishwasher when I spoke to them on the phone to setup the appointment. This was not a rocket science moment people. I was expecting them to ask what type of dishwasher to they could have the part with them. That didn't happen.

Category appliance repair

[removed member name] scheduled call on 7/7 online at our website, we responded with a reply e mail stating service call of $79.95 and that we would be out 7/8 between 9-11, we arrived 7/8 at 10:50 am. I do apologize for the technician not having booties. I agree with you on this 100% . We run service calls with our trucks stocked with the most common parts to take of many needs. We do not order any parts for customers before diagnosing because if we do order part and come out with the part, several times the part is not needed and of course the customer does not need or want the part. [removed member name]agreed to having the repair finished with a door latch #w10275768 at $45.99 and labor of $79.65 to install upon return. She did pay the total, thank you. The part arrived 7/15, we called [removed member name] to schedule for the next day of 7/16, she did decline and requested 7/29. We scheduled her for 7/22 between 8-11 am. The part sent was incorrect for which we were at error and apologize for. After procuring the correct handle we did re-schedule for 7/29. The technician did call off ill that day, we called customer to advise to see about coming out 7/30. Understandable custer was upset. I told her we would find another technician that would run the call that morning. I called back 15 minutes later to let her know that we did indeed have somene that would be over that morning. Customer understandably declined and we did refund all but the service call fee. In retrospect I agree that we should refund the service call fee. I will refund this amount and hope that it goes toward restoring a little confidence in Central Repair Service. We are an ethical and honest servicer and I do believe she is correct. I will contact her week of 8/5 to confrim this. Michael Parr Central Repair Service Batavia, Ohio 45103 513 943 0500

07/01/2013

MARTIN G.

Dryer was repairable, but for $800.00. They advised against this; I appreciate their honesty.

Description of Work
Checked out dryer

06/20/2013

Bill B.

It took four visits, and then they only came out because I filed a complaint with the BBB cincinnati. All they had to do was replace the ice maker.

Description of Work
They were hired by HHGregg warranty people to fix our ice maker.

05/16/2013

Barbara K.

They were friendly, punctual, efficient, and very inexpensive.

Description of Work
Long ago I used this company several times to fix our then-dishwasher, washer, and dryer. They can't fix my current washer and dryer because they have the newer electronic controls that only the manufacturer can fix, and my new dishwasher has not needed repaired, so I haven't needed them for quite a few years.

02/01/2013

Scott V.

I wish I could provide additional details but they are simply ignoring any attempts at communication.

Description of Work
We have a service warranty with Central Repair that cost $269. They came out and acknowledged that the repair for the bearings would be under the warranty service and would order parts. Despite about 5 calls to them since, they are completely non-responsive.

01/02/2013

Anne L.

The technician informed me that the motor is making a louder noise than usual and that I also needed a new drain pump. He told me that the part would be available in a few days and that he would call back to schedule the repair appointment. One week goes by and I didn't hear anything, so I called on Friday, 12/21 to get status. No one answered so I left a voicemail requesting a call back on the status. No call back. On Thursday 12/27, I called back and spoke with a woman who said that typically parts take 5-10 business days, and that 12/27 was the 12th business day. I was told that she would call the parts department and she would call me back. No call back. On Wednesday 1/2, I called back. A woman answered again and immediately put me on hold for nearly 5 minutes. When she came back on I told her that I had called several times and am trying to get a status on the parts that were ordered on 12/10. I was told that one of the parts was on back order. No one had called me to inform me of this. So I asked her who I may have spoke with on 12/27 that said they would call me back - she told me it was her probably because she answers all the phones. When I asked why she didn't call me back, she made an excuse that it was the parts department that would call. That's not what I was told on12/27. Any time I would ask a question about why I wasn't called or informed, I was met with an excuse or an argument that it basically wasn't her fault. I requested a call back from her manager, but we will see if he will be calling. I informed Mandy, the woman I was speaking with, that I would be contact Lowe's regarding my poor experience as well as taking to Angie's list. After reviewing the other member's reviews, it appears that they have failed on other customer service opportunities as well. It's unfortunate that Lowe's is contracting with companies with major failures in their customer service.

Description of Work
I was set up with Central Repair Service through my appliance warranty through Lowe's. I was happy that I called Lowe's on a Saturday (12/8) and they were able to get a service technician to my house on the following Monday(12/10), just two days later. My dishwasher was making a noise that was new, which is why I contact Lowe's initially for a service call.

12/06/2012

Lindsay O.

A large amount of water has been flowing out of the front of our dishwasher and our warranty company contacted Central Repair Service to fix it. When the employee looked at our dishwasher he informed my husband that the splash guards are fine but the seal looks bad and that he was going to order a seal. Since the service call was on Nov. 23rd I called Central Repair Service today to find out when the part would be in and they said that the notes say that there was nothing wrong with the dishwasher and no parts were ordered. So immediately I called my husband and asked him to call since he was there during the conversation and we need to have a working dishwasher. When he called the lady she did not believe what my husband was saying. With customer service like this I?m surprised their still in business.

Description of Work
A large amount of water has been flowing out of the front of our dishwasher and our warranty company contacted Central Repair Service to fix it. When the employee looked at our dishwasher he informed my husband that the splash guards are fine but the seal looks bad and that he was going to order a seal. Since the service call was on Nov. 23rd I called Central Repair Service today to find out when the part would be in and they said that the notes say that there was nothing wrong with the dishwasher and no parts were ordered. So immediately I called my husband and asked him to call since he was there during the conversation and we need to have a working dishwasher. When he called the lady she did not believe what my husband was saying. With customer service like this I’m surprised their still in business.

05/10/2012

Blaine B.

The issue here is related to an extended warranty program from an appliance manufacturer. The service performed was covered by the extended service contract, but Central Repair was unwilling to complete the work for what the warranty would pay and I was made to feel like that was my fault. The biggest issue was that I was not told of this until the work had been completed. So while I understand businesses need to make money, it seems that if the warranty company will not pay enough to have the service completed, then they should not be in the business of agreeing their work. Regardless in any case the customer should be informed that additional charges, which they cannot specify until they have completed the job, could apply. The worst was really the attitude I got in a voice mail back from management, where again, i was made to feel like I should be happy to have the work completed, and sorry about your luck on the expense. Just overall a bad experience.

Description of Work
Repair work done on an Electrolux ICON refrigerator. They repaired a damaged door and replaced the ice maker and part of the condensing unit in the top of the unit.

Murtland's HVAC

Small family owned business, never subcontract work out. Over 15 years experience, 3rd generation heating and cooling company. Service all major brands. We provide financing, 24 hour service, and we have Saturday installation.

Logan A/C & Heat Services

With over 50 years of experience, Logan Services is proud to serve you in Cincinnati! Call our fast, friendly team for residential heating/cooling repair, replacement, and routine maintenance. We are #1 Volume Trane dealer in Ohio. Take advantage of our current promotions and financing options including 0% APR for 60 months on qualifying Trane systems. Estimates are FREE, and next-day installation is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Most installations usually take just one day. Check out our website to learn more about how a high-efficiency Trane system can increase the overall comfort in your home. Logan Services has recently been chosen as the top HVAC company in Northern Cincinnati by the readers of Cincy Magazine. Our company is proud to be family-owned and operated and has been in business since 1969.

Offers by Logan A/C & Heat Services on Angi
    The Service Pros

The Service Pros has been a locally owned and operated Heating and Air-Conditioning company since 1989 with the industry’s best “Service Right” and “Installed Right” guarantees, warranties and assurances. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round!

Visa, MasterCard, Check, American Express, Discover