Apollo Home

Founded 1910 • With Angi since November 2002

4538 Camberwell Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45209

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

Apollo Home strives to be the one company you can count on day or night for home repair, maintenance and comfort. We specialize in residential repair and replacement of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and electrical systems, as well as drain clearing and main sewer line repair. We service Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are on time. We know your time is valuable, so Apollo promises to arrive at your home within the time window you select. If our technician doesn’t arrive on time, we’ll waive the service charge.* Repairs are Breakdown Free. If the same part or repair fails in the first year, we guarantee to replace the part and do the repair again for free.* We offer Peace of Mind. We accept responsibility for your complete 100% satisfaction with the operation of the equipment and service provided by Apollo and paid for by you. If you are dissatisfied with our work, we will promptly correct the problem or keep working until the problem is resolved. HVAC Lemons Not Allowed. Your entire heating or cooling unit installed by Apollo will be replaced by Apollo at NO CHARGE if your heat exchanger or AC compressor fails within 20 years of the installation date.** Apollo Home technicians, plumbers, and electricians are professionals who are trained to be experts in their fields and have received hundreds of hours of training from Apollo Home through our industry-certified education program, Apollo Home University. All of our HVAC technicians, electricians and plumbers wear an Apollo Home uniform and undergo a rigorous background check. The process includes drug testing, criminal check and drivers check. All are licensed and insured. We’re proud of our team and want you to be comfortable with them in your home. Feel free to ask them questions! They’re happy to explain their process, how something works or teach you how to perform basic maintenance....

4.2

HVAC Companies (623)plumbers (151)air duct cleaning (97)electrician (69)drain cleaning (45)water heaters (38)sewer cleaning (16)gas leak repair (10)lighting (6)ceiling fan installation (2)home automation (1)drain pipe installation (1)

09/28/2021

Shawna S.

Horrible experience. I hired Apollo to do plumbing and electrical work in a new kitchenette I was installing in my basement. During the initial consultation, the technicians (both of them) confirmed that Apollo would take care of everything with the permit and inspections. I was ignorant to believe such statements. Upon completing the initial stage of the electrical work, the technician said the paperwork for the permit would be submitted that day (June 25). It wasn't. I called on Tuesday (June 29) and was told by Andrea that the paperwork just landed on her desk that day and she would be submitting it to the county that same day. She didn't. In fact, by her own later admission, she didn't get around to submitting the paperwork until July 8...nearly 2 weeks after I was told it would be submitted by the technician. (Coincidentally, I happened to call Apollo on July 7 asking about the status of my project and was told someone would call me back. No one did. I called again on July 8 and was told Apollo was waiting on the county). Andrea blamed the county many times for delays caused by Apollo. She flat out lied. It wasn't the county that was causing the delay. It was Apollo's incompetence and lack of care for their customer. They delayed my project 2 weeks. Oh, but wait. That isn't the end of it. They made no effort to communicate with me. I had to contact them to get any information. And when I did, I was usually told by the person who answered the phone that they would have someone call me back with the status. Only, no one would call me back. So I would call again. In fact, it got to the point that I demanded all communication be done via email and that Andrea send me status updates every day (via email). Andrea didn't like this at all and tried to get an attitude with me, which I shut down very quickly. Her status updates consisted of her asking me what the status was. I had to remind her that I paid Apollo, Apollo needs to provide the status updates. She apparently decided that it was necessary to bring in Mike Knudsen...whose title on LinkedIn is Director of Customer Service, but his email signature indicates a much lesser title, so who knows. In his initial email to me, he asked if I needed the information for the county to get updates. I reminded him that I don't work for Apollo. I have to say, for someone who claims to be the "Director of Customer Service," he doesn't really care about customers. He made no effort to apologize for Andrea's handling of the project (or mishandling, as the case was). He never addressed (though saying he would) Andrea lying about when she submitted the permit paperwork, or why she blamed the county when it was her own incompetence that led to the delays. Once she finally did submit the paperwork, it failed because needed items were missing. The electrician was sent back out to draw up a floor plan of where the outlets, etc. were. I, again, was told by the technician that the paperwork would be submitted to the county that day. It wasn't. It was a week and a half before it was submitted (per the county permit website). Oddly, that happened to be the same day I called Apollo to find out what was going on with my project. (Sensing a pattern?? It's as if my phone calls were prompts for Apollo to actually do what they were supposed to do). Then, after waiting all that time, the electrical work Apollo did failed the rough-in inspection for things any "Master Electrician" should have known. I had to take charge and become the project coordinator. I started directing Apollo people to do the things they should have been doing. Apollo makes you pay for the entire project up front. I will advise everyone to NOT use Apollo for this very reason. Once you pay, they simply don't care anymore (or so it would seem). It didn't bother Andrea one bit that she was the cause of the delays. It didn't bother Mike Knudsen that Andrea lied to a customer. Perhaps, instead of dancing across the tv screen like a moron, the CEO should pay more attention to what his employees are actually doing (or not doing but should be doing). Oh, and to add insult to injury, well over a month after everything, Apollo decides to attach a balance due statement to an email about their crappy "care" program. They wanted me to pay an additional $50+. I told them to zero out that statement and to send me a $0 balance statement. Surely, if they could send a $50+ balance due statement they could figure out how to send a $0 balance statement. Not the case. They never sent the $0 balance statement. Apollo will never set foot on my property again. I am sure their incompetence and lack of care for their customers extends well beyond any plumbing and electrical work. I would never trust them with even a simple furnace tune-up. And Apollo does NOT offer a VETERAN discount. So, from one veteran to all other veterans/family/friends/supporters/etc., I encourage you to explore other options. No one needs the headache of Apollo. Adding to all of this, some employee (or someone claiming to be an employee) responded to my review on Yelp saying a member of their team reached out to me. I would like to know when anyone from their team reached out to me, because I was the one who had to do all of the reaching. If it wasn't for me continuing to bug them for status updates, my project would still be delayed because of Apollo. Again, they continue to lie even in replying to reviews. Just STOP, Apollo. Its ridiculous that you lie to cover up your incompetence. No one reached out to me. No one ever took accountability for the horrible customer service. No one bothered to look into the lies Andrea told about the delays (even though Mike Knudsen said he would). Lie after lie after lie. My advice, take your business elsewhere. There are too many other options. No one should have to deal with the mess that is Apollo.

Description of Work
Horrible. Delays and lies. My Advice: Go Elsewhere!!

Category electrician,plumbing

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

08/20/2021

Michael G.

Damien and Brie were rock stars knowledgeable friendly and proffesional. Damien and Brie are rock stars Appollo is the BEST

Description of Work
air ducts cleaned

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

08/18/2021

Valorie M.

Efficiently. Very personable professional and quality work.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal replacement

Work Completed On 08/17/2021

08/17/2021

Steve Y.

Professional direct into the point. Very timely and very communicative.

Description of Work
A/C tune up

Category auto repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 08/17/2021

08/16/2021

Jacob S.

Top notch customer service, professionalism, and very thorough! I called Apollo for a second opinion after my home warranty-assigned contractor diagnosed a leak in the coil and wanted to charge me $1100 for a coil replacement. Apollo got me scheduled same day and offered a coupon for free second opinion. My tech, Rob, went above and beyond during the visit, and ultimately disagreed with the original diagnosis. The warranty’s contractor wouldn’t consider the second opinion and said I’d have to pay for the coil replacement before they’d recharge the unit. So I scheduled a follow up with Apollo to recharge the unit. Rob came back and checked the system, said it didn’t even need recharged, and said he still doesn’t think the coil doesn’t need replaced. Calling Apollo may have just saved me $1100 and they didn’t charge me a dime. As a brand new homeowner they’ll be choice for all HVAC service from here on out!

Description of Work
AC unit service

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

07/29/2021

Colleen H.

The rating is for the estimate/service charge, not work performed. Previously I have been very happy with Apollo but I have noticed in the past 1-2 years, they have gotten extremely pricey and always seem to push for other services or mention all of the extraneous things that could go wrong (seems very fear-based selling - may not be the tech's fault for having to do this, could be coming from corporate.) The tech told me there was some rust in my electric panel that indicates moisture - duh, I have a 125 year old house with a stone foundation - and then he said, "It could be fine for another 20 years, or it could completely go out tomorrow." Eyeroll. All I needed was an outdoor outlet replaced. It cost me $90 to have a service tech come out (expensive, but I understand their time is valuable). The estimate was for almost $500. When I declined, the tech asked what a better price might be for me - which 1-I'm not going to negotiate and 2-I was absolutely ticked that clearly if I had said yes to the initial amount, they would do it, but they were trying to see what they could get me for. NOPE. I contacted another electrician on Angi and they got it done in under an hour for $70. The worst part for Apollo is, I had used them for many things over the years - plumbing, electrical, handyman services. And they will never, ever get another request from me again.

Description of Work
Replace electrical outlet

Category electrician

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

07/08/2021

Chuck S.

Wonderful. Could not be happier. Todd is a total pro and nice guy.

Description of Work
Electrical

Category electrician

Work Completed On 07/08/2021

06/28/2021

MARY Y.

When I called they implied they usually come out same day or the next. So you give them your info and they have scheduling call back. Earliest they could schedule was 10 days out!! This is a kitchen sink drain. I don't understand how they can tell you it would be a day at the most which I get, but then want to schedule 10 days out for a kitchen sink? Can't use it at all or the dishwasher, doesn't drain at all. I called back and asked about it and gentleman I talked to said he would look into it. Didn't hear back. So now I am back at square one.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink drain clogged

Work Completed On 06/28/2021

06/09/2021

DAVE D.

Significantly overcharged for refrigerant refill on my AC, $320/lb for R410a versus $80-120/lb market rate. Even at this rate, I agreed to do refill when tech said I needed 1-2 lbs to get the unit working properly. He proceeded to fill 2 lbs ($700 with trip fee!) and then told me the unit would still not cool properly unless I continued to add more coolant. He ultimately added 4lbs and left me with a $1300 bill (which I’m disputing). Shop around if you do want to get gouged on price!

Description of Work
Refrigerant added to AC

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

06/01/2021

Tom C.

I wish I had asked for the Angi 5% discount. During a water heater check, Apollo recommended several purchases. When I indicated the estimate was high, the agent said nothing. The city inspector, after seeing the unit and the invoice, suggested I should have gotten 3 estimates, indicating to me he had seen better deals on comparable equipment. When I asked for a discount, the response was delayed over time and then rejected.

Description of Work
Water heater plus related products

Work Completed On 03/18/2021

Plumbing Service and Repair, Drain Clearing, Sewer Restoration, HVAC Service/Repair, Maintenance and Installation, Electrical Service/Repair, Electrical Panel Service/Replacement, Nest Products/Smart Home, Lighting and Handyman(on select projects), Excavation

We are focused on helping owner occupied residential homeowners in the greater Cincinnati Area.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available