AMERICAN LEAK DETECTION - CINCINNATI

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2008

8060 Reading Rd

Cincinnati, OH 45237

RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL & MUNICIPAL PLUMBING LEAKS, SEWER & DRAIN & POOL & SPA LEAKS. SEE WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL SERVICES....

09/29/2015

ROBERT F.

Description of Work
Find leak in underground plumbing for in-ground pool. They found the exact location and saved me allot of money by not having to dig up allot to make repair. The leak was within 6 inches of where they said it would be.

09/04/2015

Thomas D.

05/28/2015

Larry H.

Description of Work
They found the leak in my pool plumbing. They did what I needed and when they said they would do it.

03/24/2015

Doug W.

Found the leak and made a temporary patch as promised. Best option for a leaky swimming pool.

Description of Work
Identified leak in the pool

03/20/2015

joann H.

Was very professional ... was here about three hours... where they thought there was a leak in attic ... turned out not to be at all... I thought maybe they would use a scope on the outside ground but they did not... still have a water issue ... so I will have to call another person.

Description of Work
Checked entire house from roof down for a leak

10/23/2014

THOMAS S.

Description of Work
Marked all service lines

06/23/2014

Denise C.

Description of Work
They found leak location. Did a good job but, was a little pricey.

06/10/2014

Debra F.

iVery professional. Procedure was very interesting to watch and he explained what he was doing as he hunted for and found the leak. Gave me info on what to do next and what to expect from the plumber. Would hire again if necessary.

Description of Work
Located leak under slab.

05/13/2014

Jasbir P.

They were very professional and charged us only for the time spent.

Description of Work
We had a leak in the fire hydrant line at my church. It was leaking around 90,000 gallons a month. They were able to come and provide us the approximate location on where the leak is. Now we have scheduled a plumber to come and fix it.

04/14/2014

Kristen B.

Their first attempt was unsuccessful due to inappropriate plumbing and the inability to connect their equipment into our system setup. Once I updated the setup and called them back out, they promptly found the leak. There was some confusion based on the location of the leak and the proximity to the house and the water meter, but they handled the confusion very professionally.

Description of Work
American Leak Detection came out to provide a leak location on an exterior water service leak.

04/11/2014

TIM B.

Found leak in small amount of time, after i had spent hours and hours. I felt overall it was expensive, but it was well worth the price to get this problem fixed. Very professional. Iwould call them again, i would just call them sooner.

Description of Work
Found leak and advised how he would fix the problem.

03/19/2014

James D.

It went well. They were very fast and the service was excellent. There's no overall issues and we would recommend them.

Description of Work
We used American Leak Detection. There was a leak in the pipe and we had some other potential plumbing issues and so they just repaired like 3 or 4 different items.

08/26/2013

Gloria or Harold F.

We were losing water in the pool. American Leak came out and checked all the plumbing; found a minor leak and corrected it! After the first trip, he suggested waiting to see if it leaked anymore. The pool continued to leak, American Leak came out a second time, found a leak in the liner and immediately took care of it. The cost of $275 covered both trips and all repairs. We are very satisfied with American Leak.

Description of Work
Checked the pool plumbing for leaks!

07/15/2013

CHRISTOPHER M.

We are expanding our deck, which will require new support holes to be dug. Knowing that the sewer line from our house to the septic system runs under our deck, I wanted to have the line marked so the building contractor would know where not to dig. My plumber, Anderson Hills Plumbing, recommended I use American Leak Detection. I called, set-up and appointment for late Monday afternoon. I was called at noon to see if they could come early, and that worked-out great for me. The man was very pleasant, friendly, and professional, and had the line marked as I asked well within the first hour. If the need arose, I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Located and marked sewer line.

06/25/2013

Griffith Q.

Arrived on time, inspected pool liner, fittings etc, found leak, plugged it, job done.

Description of Work
John found the leak in our pool, provided us with repair options, repaired leak on the spot. I would definitely use again.

04/13/2013

Betty A.

They were wonderful! They were on time, polite, and professional.

Description of Work
I had water in my furnace vent. They came, took the top off my water heater, and found the problem. They put cameras in the pipes under my house, and pumped all the water out.

03/08/2012

Mike H.

Excellent. I had a leak in my pool for some time and just continued to add water. I called and the diver arrived on time. He was professional and courteous. would highly recommend this company for a pool check/repair since they have the ability to pressure test the lines and repair any damage to the liner. Many companies will dive the pool and repair the liner, it is more difficult to find someone to pressure test the lines.

Description of Work
Excellent work. Repaired two leaks in my swimming pool. First he pressure tested all lines. Then he put his dive gear on and checked the entire pool. He repaired a couple of small leaks and so far so good.

Category pool cleaners

06/16/2008

Mike S.

The young man came out to our house in October to locate a leak in the return line of our in ground pool. The line funs under a concrete patio the entire length (about 40 ). The young man seemed careless in what he was doing, and did not perform the appropriate checks, and was using faulty equipment (from what another employee told me later). The leak location was marked with an X. This Spring I cut a 2 x 3 hole in the cement centered on the X, and dug through rock-infested ground to a depth of 3', and no water lines were found. Sideways another foot and probing another 10" in all directions, and absolutely nothing! When I contacted Cindy, who said she was the owner of the company, she said their work was only guaranteed for 30 days, and was quite curt. She offered my money back ($300), and I explained the refund amount should also include the concrete, sand, and rebar I would use to fill the hole I dug using their directions, but what I really needed was to find the leak. Cindy said she would send someone out when their work load allowed it. Nine days later, American Leak Detection six-year employee "Bill" came out. He explained that the other fellow who came in October did not understand that his equipment was not working properly and it gave him a false indication, where there would not normally even be any water lines. "Bill" said that what he really needed to get a good reading was to have our pool uncovered, and up and running to do a proper check. Not at all what we were told back in October. I now had a line of dirt piled along one side of the pool, and a large pile of rocks in the corner. However, I uncovered the pool and called Cindy back. Four days and again eight days after this, Cindy contacted my with a 30 minute advanced notice that someone could be over to our house. In both cases I could not get myself or anyone else home in time to be there to open the gate and take in the dog, etc. I explained that I could be there any day after 4:00, or would need more than a 30 minute warning. Cindy could not be reasoned with, and her attitude was terrible! Bill was polite and professional in our dealings with him. He seemed to know exactly what he was talking about. However, Cindy would not give us his cell phone # or him ours. We finally agreed to have our money refunded, although we were told that the Company did not have to do that. We are now scheduled to have someone else come out and help us. Once they had our money and had obviously screwed up, I think American Leak Detection should have come out any day at 4:00 or later (or scheduled a day ahead of time) and spent a little time to avert all this. Oh well, here s your grade.

Description of Work
The American Leak Detection Company sent a young man to our house in October to mark the location of a leak in the return line to our in ground pool, which runs approximately 40' under a covering of concrete. He did mark a spot with an X where he claimed the leak to be.

Category plumbing

We performed the original work on 10/2/07. The work authorization, signed by the customer, states our locates are guaranteed for 30 days or we must be given the opportunity to refresh our marks. When he contacted me in June of 2008, I agreed to honor the leak location and asked him if he wanted his money back or for us to return. He wanted us to return. It was very difficult to schedule the return because it had to be after 4:00 pm. I asked if there was some way the gate could be left open, the dog confined or someone else could let us in. Appointments in June are particularly heavy as it is the beginning of pool season. Finally, we scheduled the job when the member was home. We could not complete the work without the pool being open. After it was opened, we made several attempts to reschedule the work, the last one being the 30-minute warning he mentioned. The next day after the member could not meet us, his wife called and said this whole situation was causing him undue aggravation. I asked her if she would rather us just refund the money. She said yes. I asked her if that was okay with the member because he had told me he really wanted to find the leak. The customer was not satisfied with the work, was aggravated by our heavy, seasonal schedule, and unwilling to find a way we could proceed with compromise scheduling. His wife said she wanted a refund, so we complied. As for the first technician, he had been with us for 3 years and was rarely off on a leak locate. His callback rate was no different from our second technician’s callback rate. All technicians occasionally miss on a leak. Our work authorizations clearly state our policy as the result of a missed leak. We made one return trip, were willing to make additional return trips, and, in the end, refunded the money at the customer's request.

Mobley Plumbing

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. With over 20 years of experience, we won't leave until the job is done right! Call or text 513-507-5435 to schedule an estimate today!

Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

When you need an emergency plumber near me in Cincinnati, OH or a drain cleaner, call Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup. Your fast & reliable plumber can fix any plumbing problem, including sump pumps, toilet repair, faucet repair, faucet replacement, garbage disposals, water heaters, bathtubs, showers, and outside faucets. Roto-Rooter is best known for drain cleaning & sewer cleaning. We fix drain clogs, clogged toilets or sinks, blockage of main sewer lines, slow draining shower and bathtub drains, sewer lines and leaking or burst pipes. We also specialize in water damage restoration & water cleanup services. We can fix and clean up your flooded basement too. Roto-Rooter is a 24-hour plumber near you and provides emergency service.

Apollo Home

Apollo Home strives to be the one company you can count on day or night for home repair, maintenance and comfort. We specialize in residential repair and replacement of heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and electrical systems, as well as drain clearing and main sewer line repair. We service Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We are on time. We know your time is valuable, so Apollo promises to arrive at your home within the time window you select. If our technician doesn’t arrive on time, we’ll waive the service charge.* Repairs are Breakdown Free. If the same part or repair fails in the first year, we guarantee to replace the part and do the repair again for free.* We offer Peace of Mind. We accept responsibility for your complete 100% satisfaction with the operation of the equipment and service provided by Apollo and paid for by you. If you are dissatisfied with our work, we will promptly correct the problem or keep working until the problem is resolved. HVAC Lemons Not Allowed. Your entire heating or cooling unit installed by Apollo will be replaced by Apollo at NO CHARGE if your heat exchanger or AC compressor fails within 20 years of the installation date.** Apollo Home technicians, plumbers, and electricians are professionals who are trained to be experts in their fields and have received hundreds of hours of training from Apollo Home through our industry-certified education program, Apollo Home University. All of our HVAC technicians, electricians and plumbers wear an Apollo Home uniform and undergo a rigorous background check. The process includes drug testing, criminal check and drivers check. All are licensed and insured. We’re proud of our team and want you to be comfortable with them in your home. Feel free to ask them questions! They’re happy to explain their process, how something works or teach you how to perform basic maintenance.

Offers by Apollo Home on Angi