Neatnics The Home Repair Co

Founded 1987 • With Angi since November 1999

If you are in need of home improvement or repair in Chagrin Falls, whether these changes include just one item or an entire list, call Neatnics the Chagrin Falls home repair and handyman company. Cost is determined by the job. All Chagrin Falls home repair, home improvement work is guaranteed by Neatnics and as the name implies, we take extra care to maintain the cleanliness of your home while serving your home improvement needs, and always leave the work areas as clean or cleaner then when we arrived. Neatnics trucks show up at your home fully equipped with clean, modern professional tools and equipment, along with service technicians that are clean cut, courteous, professionals who know how to use them. Our technicians take great pride in their work and know the value of a satisfied customer....

A Service Provider's profile image

+73 more images

4.3

handyman (120)electrician (26)door installation (22)plumbers (20)woodworking (16)lighting (15)interior painting (11)drywall (6)tile installation (6)ceiling fan installation (5)house painting (4)home remodeling (4)

05/09/2021

Mary Ellen B.

Superbly fantastic. Very ,very conscientious, responsive, follow up, and clean up. Will use again and again. Adam, the owner, knows his business.

Description of Work
Install new bathroom sink, toilet, and 7 lights including 2 chandeliers

Category lighting, home remodeling, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 04/21/2021

Thank you [Member Name Removed]!

07/18/2020

CHUCK D.

They must be out of business --- take them off your list. If they are in business, they should have the common courtesy to return a communication after ....8 days!!!! ANGIE SHOULD REVAMP HER LIST --- SO MANY VENDORS NEVER GET BACK TO QUOTE A JOB!!!

Description of Work
They never returned my email.

Work Completed On 07/17/2020

Good Morning [Member Name Removed], Thank you for sharing your experience with me regarding your email. I have checked through my emails and through the messaging portal on Angie’s List and don’t have a missed message from you that I can see. My company is called Neatnics. I don’t know where your home is located or what services you were requesting but I would love the opportunity to introduce our company to you. Please message me directly or use the Angie’s messaging portal. Have a great day, Adam

05/01/2020

Mechelle R.

Neatnicks came out reviewed my concrete steps gave me a verbal estimate. I asked that the estimate be put in writing details of what they were going to do and the price. The owner and his worker spoke in another language that was not English to each other. Then told me if I was not going to have them do the job. It was a waste of his time emailing me the estimate. That was a red flag for me. I get ALL estimates in writing so I’m clear on what they are going to do and the price. Dated signed with company name, address, phone number. As well as my contact information included. I’ve learned allot watching these court shows and if you don’t have a contact, estimate, etc in writing word of mouth means nothing! I’m not sure how long Neatnics have been in business but I hope this review learned you how I feel as a customer.

Description of Work
Concrete steps needed repaired

Category concrete repair, woodworking

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

I have contacted this customer directly. She was reviewing another company and it was mistakenly added to my profile. Please remove this review Adam

03/22/2020

David M.

Excellent. Highly professional, fast, clean.

Description of Work
Remove old dishwasher and installation of new one. Repair saddle valve for icemaker. Install new front door light.

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/28/2020

Thank you! Let’s get the Spring list together! Adam

03/15/2020

Karen M.

AMAZING! Great, great, great guys to work with. Looking forward to future jobs with this company.

Description of Work
Unconventional birds nesting under pergola problem.

Work Completed On 03/14/2020

Thank you! See you Friday Adam

02/28/2020

BOB G.

Because they did a good job, price was fair and clean up after themselves.

Description of Work
They installed the shelving in garage

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]! Let’s get a spring to do list together! Adam

02/15/2020

Jack C.

They arrived on time. Very polite, thorough and professional. They completed the job, despite temperature around 20 degrees. We were very satisfied & the property owner got an estimate for some interior remodeling also. Their paperwork was itemized & listed supplies and labor. Thanks!

Description of Work
Two holes, posts and two mailboxes

Category handyman service, mailbox repair

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to the library remodel! Adam

01/14/2020

Bernice B.

Arrived as expected & promptly determined what needed to be repaired. The work & the cleanup was completed to my satisfaction. Sorry for the delay in submitting my review, BB

Description of Work
Determine mold damage & clean up and replace ceiling tile in basement.

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

07/11/2019

Carla A.

The job was to remove ~ 3inches from the bottom of a cabinet to make room for a new and taller refrigerator. The Kitchen is 40 years old with Formica veneer on the cabinets. Neatnics did a superb job and had all of the tools to perform the job in one setting ( My husband was very impressed with all of the saws he had). When I walked into the kitchen from the garage, I did not even notice the difference in the length of the cabinet. That is how good it looked. The job took 4 hours. I was the one who hired for Neatnics while my husband wanted to get references from our neighbors. My husband and I both agree that we will be using Neatnics in the future and can recommend this company to friends and neighbors. Two thumbs up!!!

Description of Work
Carpentry on a cabinet

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

06/18/2019

Les H.

Adam and Nathan arrived on time, and did an outstanding job. They were so detail oriented, making sure doors fit perfectly and all trim was adjusted to make the doors pop with elegance. True professionals. They also passed on some very usefull tips on making additional improvement to our home. Also painted 2nd story shutters. They again did a wonderful job. They work at making everything so perfect.

Description of Work
Installed 2 exterior doors

Category handyman service, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

06/05/2019

Dick K.

Adam and Nick arrived on time and performed the fan installation quickly and efficiently. The men acted as a team and helped the job to go faster. After seeing how the job went, we asked Adam to look at another project and after hearing his diagnosis and estimate contracted with him to do another job.

Description of Work
Old ceiling fan removed and new one installed

Category electrician, handyman service, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/05/2019

06/03/2019

Benjamin A.

Adam is very responsive to messages and scheduling. While in your home, he is very careful and neat. He explains what is being done and gives you options. In the end, the repair looks great. This repair took two visits, both times Adam was punctual. After completion, he cleaned the area when the job was complete and it was very neat. Adam provides high quality work and is trustworthy.

Description of Work
Plaster Ceiling Repair

Category handyman service, plastering

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! I’m proud of the work I do, and it is very rewarding to hear how happy you are with the results. I look forward to your business in the future. [Member Name Removed]

01/16/2019

David S.

Work was professional and clean. I responded throughAngie’s list website to approve the date they wanted to schedule, and asked for a response to confirm, but I didn’t get any communication until the day that was scheduled. Then we did get a phone call confirming the time that the handyman was to arrive, and he arrived right on time. The chest repair needed some equipment and the paint we brought up from the basement for the patchwork was dried, so he’ll return another date to complete the work that was started and do a few other jobs.

Description of Work
Painting and minor repairs on a chest

Category handyman service, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

01/15/2019

Tracy C.

They showed up on time, and did a great job. We would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 01/15/2019

Thank you. Adam

12/07/2018

Nicole M.

I use him all the time, I went through 3 other people and he was the only one who pays attention to detail, and listens to what I want and lets me know why it wouldn't work and will suggest what would work.

Description of Work
Small handyman Projects, electrical, plumbing,

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 11/13/2018

Thank you!!

12/07/2018

Elise D.

They we're very good and very professiona.Timely,corteous and did a great job.

Description of Work
Handymen services.

Category handyman service, pressure washing

Work Completed On 11/23/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! Happy Holidays Give me a call if you need anything Adam

06/12/2018

Wendi S.

After missing connections, meeting Adam could not have gone better. He arrived a little past our stated time, but informed me by text. We went though my complete "handyman" list. Adam stayed and complete two of the items, and we set a mutual time to complete the rest. He is very professional, and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Install Lock and fix molding

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

[Member Name Removed], I’m so sorry your phone calls were missed. This time of year can sometimes be backed up with service calls as everyone gets summer projects kicked off. There are many ways to contact me, if somehow you are missed in the general voice box please email or reach out to me through the Angie’s list messaging services. I always give special attention to these communication channels. Furthermore, I’d like to extend a $25 service credit to you as an apology for a service in the future. Thank you for the business and your response. Adam

06/06/2018

Martha R.

Adam, as always, was prompt, skillful, and on the lookout to help me in any way he could! I cannot say enough great things about Neatnics. Adam is an extremely skillful professional and the best service provider I’ve had the pleasure to know and work with in many years.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous repairs and projects, including: hung 3 large paintings; replaced, repaired and installed two bathroom fixtures; repaired and rehung closet doors; and hauled out and disposed of countless and very heavy items.

Category handyman service, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 05/23/2018

Thank you, gosh that was nice! See you at the end of the month for the final touches project. Adam

06/01/2018

SALLY H.

Adam, co-owner, arrived dressed in very nice dark slacks and a light blue button-down shirt. I should mention that Adam's arrival was a complete shock to me. I had mixed up the dates and assumed our appointment was the following week. Thankfully, Adam, arrived on the date we had agreed upon. And, though I didn't recall the time at the moment he drove up, I am sure he was punctual. I told Adam that since he was here, yes, let's take a look at the basement so he could give me a price to paint my basement floor. But, according to Adam, I had agreed to hire him on the spot when we talked. He also said he had purchased all the materials and was ready to work. Though I don't recall all the details of our conversation, I can say that Adam would be the first contractor/handyman who gave me a quote without seeing the job first. For example, other people I interviewed, wanted to see the condition the floor, measure it so they would know how much paint to buy, etc. I don't recall Adam giving me a price over the phone, but I decided to take his word for it. I felt bad that he could have scheduled another job in my time slot and since he also had already purchased the materials, I agreed to let him do the work. What I did recall about our conversation was that I explained to him that I wanted the floor painted because plumbers had to break the floor in two areas to get to the pipes underneath and that they re-cemented the floor, pretty clumsily. I wanted to even out these patches and have a clean, painted, nice looking floor. I also asked him to hang a mirror in my dining room. Adam assured me he could handle the job satisfactorily. Since, I hadn't expected him, I had to hurriedly clean off the basement floor. There were bags and bags of linen and dog blankets, etc. Adam did volunteer to move the remaining 4 or 5 boxes of pillows and blankets. Before we entered the basement, he had said that he typically starts a job by cleaning the floor with a shop vac. However, once he saw my basement floor, he said it was pretty clean and asked to use my push broom (it was nearby) to sweep the floor. We chatted a little and then, I remembered, I wanted the sink stand holding the utility sink cleaned of rust and painted black. He said he had some black flat paint and agreed to do it. I got busy doing yard work in the backyard, when I rounded the front, he was sitting in his truck. He exited the truck and I said, something to the effect that I guess he was waiting for the etching solution to dry. He said, it only takes about 10 minutes to dry. He also said the etching solution was environmentally safe, which I liked, and odor-free. Sometime later, I decided to take a look at his progress. He had already painted some of the floor. I realized immediately that he had not cleaned the rust off of the stand for the utility sink, nor painted it black. I asked him about this, thinking he just overlooked it. But, he said the stand was too brittle to be painted. I told him a couple of other people had looked at it and found the stand sound. He said he would check the stand again. Adam's fee is $155 per hour and $99 for every hour thereafter. He estimated that the job would take 2.5 hours. I was impressed that he was finished right about that time, maybe a few minutes more. However, he said he had another appointment and didn't have time to hang the mirror. He added that he thinks the sink stand could be cleaned of rust and painted, rather than be tossed out. We looked at the floor together, and I told him it looked good. It was still wet and shiny. He told me not to walk on it for 48 hours. Yesterday, I walked on it. I was surprised to hear a crunchy sound. The sound comes from stepping on the epoxy flakes Adam added to the floor, per my wishes. I hope the crunchy sound isn't permanent. As far as the floor's appearance, it's just okay. Maybe I was expecting too much. But, I thought the re-cemented areas would have been blended in so that I would have a nice, clean, smooth looking floor. The outlines of the re-cemented areas show through the paint as well as stained areas and areas that were covered in old paint. It just looks like paint was rolled over the existing floor with little or no prep work done. Based on my information, the cement and other areas could have been sanded by hand, or with a hand-held tool called a grinder, to smooth out the rough edges. But, maybe the Clean n Etch could have done the same thing. Adam said it drys in 10 minutes. I happened to come across a bottle of Clean n Etch at Home Depot yesterday and it advises no foot traffic for 2 hours after application and no top coat for 24 hours. I am not accusing Adam of not applying any Clean n Etch, but I wonder how useful it was if the paint was applied on top of it before the solution actually cured. I can only hope that the paint job will last for years, as Adam said it would. Finally, the idea of the epoxy flakes is that they are spread haphazardly, and they were., but maybe too much so. One area has a huge cluster of flakes and nearby areas are sparse, it looks as if a bag of flakes was dumped in one area and remaining flakes spread sparsely.

Description of Work
Epoxy painting of concrete basement floor.

Category epoxy flooring

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]. The overall feelings you shared here are so different than while I was there. I wish you would have voice your concerns while I was there. Feeling as though you forgot our appointment, I was prepared to return the supplies, wrote a quote, and was ready to head to the next job. I don’t have experience or know if a process to sand concrete down. I have applied 20 or so if these basement floor treatments. You said you thought it looked wonderful while we walked the floor together. Furthermore, I worked nearly an hour over the estimated time and did so without adjusting the final bill, as my goal is always to put the customer first and to leave them 100% satisfied. Which I asked and you said absolutely. Finally when we looked at the wall art, it was heavier than you originally thought and I’d like to anchor them into the wall. I would never sacrifice the safety of the homeowner or artwork to hastily get something done. Thank you for your detailed review. I appreciate your business Adam

05/02/2018

Nick G.

Adam came over same day, diagnosed problem and was back the next day to fix!

Description of Work
Hot water tank wasn’t working

Category handyman service, water heater repair

Work Completed On 05/02/2018

03/23/2018

Michael D.

After a recent snow storm, we had some damage to the outside of our home. I spoke with Adam over the phone, and he was over the next day estimating the repair. Due to the weather, we both agreed to let it warm up to fix. Sure enough, the first warm day that we had, Adam was over and made the repair. He also sent me updates via text since I was unable to stay at home. While he was making the repair, he also noted another troubling issue of which he was able to dignose and help coordinate to fix. This was the first time I used Adam and I am already lining up other jobs for him as well! Thanks Adam!

Description of Work
Fix Wood Trim On House

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

Thank you! Looking forward to kitchen island project!

09/13/2017

Neera G.

Excellent work. He was prompt and thorough

Description of Work
Install medicine cabinets and remove mirror

Work Completed On 09/19/2017