Airguard Restoration

Founded 1996 • With Angi since November 2009

24381 Aurora Rd Unit B8

Bedford, OH 44146

Waterproofing and Mold work experts. We have 25 years of contruction experiance and over 11 years experience in the environmental remediation field. We even do residential , commercial and industrial work. Whether your selling your home and want to get rid of the mold in the attic of basement or.

10/09/2021

Kelly K.

Very friendly and helpful! Told me exactly what I needed to do to resolve my issue! Appreciated his time and advice!

Description of Work
Mold inspection

09/22/2021

Kevin S.

Fantastic. Very kind and very responsive. I was told that our problem was minimal and they recommended how I could easily take care of the mold issue myself. They could have easily charged me and done the work but they did not. I was very grateful and impressed with their help and honesty, very admirable!

Description of Work
Mold behind shower

09/07/2021

Nathan H.

Gil performed a free inspection and informed me that nothing needed done from his end as the issue was very minor. I appreciated his honesty and the way he treated me like a neighbor more than an opportunity to make some money. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Mold Inspection/Consultation

08/23/2021

Pearl H.

Gil was very professional and helpful. He went over and beyond to help us get the testing we needed and give a report we could use to confront our landlord with the results.

Description of Work
Mold assessment and testing in the basement of where we were renting because the landlord would not acknowledge there was a problem so we needed to get our own testing done.

07/31/2021

Jason K.

Steve was very honest, courteous, diligent, patient, helpful, personable and professional. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Mold inspection

07/01/2021

Jocelyn R.

Water was leaking through my kitchen ceiling which caused a large section to crumble. I was worried about mold and called AirGuard. Steven thoroughly checked the damaged area. I appreciated his truthfulness as he explained I did not have a mold problem and did not need his services. I was grateful for his honesty.

Description of Work
Mold Removal

05/10/2021

Tom T.

When we moved into our new home we were surprised to see evidence of black mold in the master bath and the adjoining closet. As happens in today's market we bought without requiring an inspection. We called AirGuard to come out and evaluate the situation for us. Gil arrived did a full inspection and assured us that the structure and integrity of the house were in good shape. He was very informative about what the cause was and some simple remediation. Not once did he try to "sell" us or lead us down a path. He was clearly interested in making sure we understood and that his services were not needed beyond the inspection. Considering the investment we made, we were quite pleased with his analysis and professionalism. We would highly recommend AirGuard Restoration.

Description of Work
Mold Inspection

10/27/2020

Gerald S.

These guys are pro’s! From Eric who came out to give me a quote to the technicians Tim and Julio. They were prompt, courteous, professional, knowledgeable, efficient and very hard working. These guys did a great job! Air Guard is definitely top notch! I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Mold remediation

10/21/2020

Bernie A.

They are wonderful, so calm and great to work with. We are planning on using them in the spring and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They did a consultation for water remediation on my home.

Category water damage restoration

03/31/2020

Chris R.

I highly recommend Airguard Restoration for any mold-related issues. The first time I used Airguard, Steve came out to give me a free estimate. He spent nearly an hour walking me through the various potential issues that existed, explaining the level of risk with each, his recommendation for which were the most critical - most were minor and he said their services weren't worth it and he suggested things I could do to help fix it. The approach was completely matter-of-fact without a sales spin to it. The issue I called them about turned out to be minor, but he did uncover dangerous black mold that I did have remediated by Airguard. The techs who came out were punctual, very courteous and did a great job. I called Airguard a second time for potential mold in the attic of a new home we moved into. Steve came by again. What I thought was mold turned out to not be an issue, and again Steve didn't try to sell me anything that wasn't needed. I can't recommend Airguard enough for a no-nonsense and, most importantly completely honest appraisal of mold-related issues.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

01/13/2020

Donna P.

Steve was prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and professional. He examined the situation and gave me recommendations. Did not pressure or try to sell me what I didn’t need.

Description of Work
Check for mold

11/18/2019

Carol V.

This job did not go according to the procedure that was written up by Airguard. NO containment, negative air with hepa filtration or hepa vacuuming that I had discussed prior with Steve from Airguard was done. Moldy insulation, dust and cobwebs were removed from the entire basement with absolutely no containment. There is no door to my basement so these toxins spread throughout my home. Mold remediation procedures are set up for people's health and safety. I was having this done eliminate the mold in my home and it has since only made my health worse. I placed my trust in Airguard and was let down. I asked prior to signing the proposal for the mold certifications of the individual(s) who would be working in my basement and I received Gil's certification via email. Then Mike and another woman showed up to do the job. After I noticed he had not followed the procedure (steps 1 and 2) of the signed proposal, I contacted Airguard and was told by Melanie that Mike has no certifications but was trained by Gil who is certified and that is all that is necessary. I felt misled and deceived that I would have a qualified individual doing the work. With the proper mold removal procedure not followed, I was not expecting to be charged for the job. However, when I was approached for full payment and I asked to be compensation for their negligence, I was given a $147 credit for what they deemed "my inconvenience" and told I must pay the remainder. Due to my mold illness, I had done six months of mold remediation research and interviewed 5 companies before choosing Airguard based on their rating here on Angie's List and the BBB as well as the assurance I was given by Steven on how the remediation would be done. In the end, they botched the job which worsened my health and they only compensated me $147. I now have the expense of having the entire house cleaned and retested.

Description of Work
basement mold remediation, removal of moldy insulation

Category mold removal

We are always here to help and only wanted a great outcome. This situation was undertaken with extra care as it concerned a general health issue that mold in the home might be contributing to. The client had taken their own ERMI testing prior to any work done by us. We explained this type of test was not the right type. first the test utilizes the client using their dirty vacuum to collect the sample (god knows what a used vacuum has seen by way of contaminants) also there is no way to gauge the volume of air drawn in by each unit for a uniform sample. Second the single test was started and stopped in multiple areas of the upstairs of the home . One test for multiple areas the results made it unclear as to where the harm maybe coming from. We only preformed work in the unfinished basement which had visual signs of mold But this area was never tested by the client. After our work was preformed the client did not pay for weeks so we asked to meet . After the meeting the client had said at the time they were satisfied . We even offered to conduct individual mold testing throughout the home for no charge with separate tests in areas we did (the basement) and the upstairs rooms which we did not do work in to help the client understand her home better. A few more weeks went by and the client called the office to pay for the work. The client gave us the amount she felt was fair and we accepted it and they again stated that this amount made them satisfied. But a few months after the settlement payment they submitted the above review which was disappointing as we were told the issues was satisfactorily resolved. upon seeing this review we reached out to the client and they would not allow our free help in testing the home or aid them in anyway to gaining the peace of mind we so wished for them.

11/09/2019

Jim R.

Steve showed up on-time. He gave me direct feedback. He was very honest and let me know that there isn't anything that they could offer me in the form of services as it relates to any mild removal that I couldn't easily do myself. You don't know how refreshing it is to have a company not come out and try and sell me unneeded services. The honesty portrayed by Steve (which I view as a direct reflection on their company) was something that I value and appreciate. It's also the reason that should I ever need any services offered by them that they will be my first call. Thanks, Steve and Airguard!

Description of Work
Mold inspection walkthrough

10/22/2019

jackie G.

Miscommunication caused me to leave an earlier negative review. Don't know who was at fault but I had one week, they had a week later on their calendar. Service provider came at the later date and completed the inspections which was satisfactory.

Description of Work
Mold inspection

10/03/2019

Larry K.

The crew showed up right on time (actually a little early which is quite refreshing). They got right to work laying down the flooring protection and then began the work of spraying to get rid of the mold. After spraying they then replaced the soffit baffles which keep the ventilation path clear from insulation and vented all the bathroom vent fans through the roof (they were previously in the soffits which caused condensation problems). I cannot say enough good things about this company and its people especially Jeremy for his detailed proposal and Matthew for his diligent work and making sure everything was done correctly and cleaned up before leaving. I highly recommend AirGuard Restoration

Description of Work
We had mold mitigation and roofing ventilation corrected

09/24/2019

Louise P.

Gil was on time and performed service in a professional manor,

Description of Work
moisture testing in crawl space

09/19/2019

Roger S.

Free inspection and advice given. Very reasonable and down-to-earth explanation of what I should do, starting with the least expensive potential solution. This was to have a company do a video examination of my outside storm water drain, which Airguard does not do. Following that advice, I had another company do it. He was correct, but unfortunately they found a broken drain pipe in an area that couldn't be jetted or replaced. After that is another story I don't wish to recount here.

Description of Work
Inspect water seepage in basement wall and mold presence.

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

08/28/2019

Nicholas S.

Excellent. Very professional. Covered everything in plastic and cleaned up before they left.

Description of Work
Mold removal

06/17/2019

Dave E.

Steve was honest and determined the damage was surface mold, easily removed with cleaner. He saved me a lot of money.

Description of Work
Mold removal

06/05/2019

Joe D.

I set up a free estimate to see how much it would be for some minor mold removal from my basement, and to see what would be needed to prevent it from coming back. Instead of coming up with a pricey plan, they actually told me their services would be overkill and instead gave me a lot of good advice on what I could do myself to combat the minor issues I was having. I feel like this is a company you could trust to have your interests at heart.

Description of Work
Free estimate for mold removal

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

05/02/2019

Mike P.

They were very timely as I was able to get an appointment within 2 days of calling and provided an honest assessment and did not try to upcharge for unnecessary work. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Mold inspection and remediation plan

03/05/2019

Daniel S.

This company went above and beyond what they were supposed to do.

Description of Work
Attic ventilation

02/17/2019

Jeanne N.

I suspected mold after water damage sustained in my garage from the Polar Vortex and wanted to test for mold. Steve came out on a Saturday and was very professional and honest. He did a thorough inspection and said my money would be wasted on mold testing as he saw no issues. However, he did alert me to an aging water heater that was about to become a huge problem. There was no charge for his visit and I really appreciated his professionalism and honesty.

Description of Work
Mold testing

11/23/2018

Rebecca A.

Gil and his team were wonderful! Mold is cleared and if I ever need anything again, he will be the first one I call.

Description of Work
Mold Remediation

11/05/2018

Charles B.

Went very well. Took longer than I expected but the results were great.

Description of Work
Mold removal in basement