JENNINGS HEATING & COOLING

Ohio: Contractors
12/31/2021

1671 E MARKET ST

Akron, OH 44305

Now offering Virtual Visits as well as home appointments.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
20KW Whole-House Standby Generator Install

20KW Whole-House Standby Generator Install

electrician202044203
Residential installation of a Briggs & Stratton 20KW whole-house standby generator.

During this time, the Jennings Heating and Cooling team would like to assure you we're here to meet your home comfort needs. As always, we're committed to your health, safety and comfort. We're now offering virtual diagnostic visits to keep your family safe and your HVAC system running smoothly. Jennings is implementing screening and safety procedures every step of the way to keep your family and our team safe and healthy. Please call us today for more information, or to schedule your appointment! FOR EMERGENCY SERVICE, PLEASE CALL 330-532-7130. Do not leave an online request. As a multiple year Angie's List Super Service Award winner, Northeast Ohio homeowners and businesses have trusted Jennings for all of their heating and cooling needs for 89 years and you can too. We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for all homeowners. Life goes beyond the hours of 9-5, and so do we! We understand that your heating and cooling needs are serious, that is why we make it our business to be available 24 hours a day for your convenience. Schedule an appointment in advance or, if you need emergency service now, call us anytime day or night at 330-532-7130. Jennings is a full-service air conditioning and heating contracting company with the ability to service and install complete heating and air conditioning systems. With over 20,000 installations in Northeast Ohio, you can count on Jennings Heating & Cooling to do the job right....

HVAC Companies (250)water heaters (13)electrician (12)generator service (3)home energy audit (1)air duct cleaning (8)fireplace services (4)gas fireplace repair (1)water softeners (1)plumbers (1)

05/13/2022

Theresa B.

It went well, the job was quick and thorough! I’m in the cool again!

Description of Work
Central Air unit repair

Work Completed On 05/13/2022

05/11/2022

Joseph P.

After looking it over thoroughly Jennings technician Sean Palko got it running and cleaned it. Sean Palko did a great job and did me a great service in explaining my options and cleaning and inspecting my outside unit. I will definitely stay with Jennings in the future for my AC and Heating needs in large part due to his friendly, frank and professional communication about my system. Thanks Sean!

Description of Work
Troubleshoot my air conditioning system which was not working.

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We appreciate it!

05/05/2022

Karen B.

It went great! Andrew is very capable and friendly. We are VERY pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave one!

04/12/2022

Drew R.

Once again, very happy with Jennings Electric. This time it was Brandon. He was professional, knowledgeable, and informative. 👍🏻

Description of Work
Outside electrical outlets

Category electrician

Work Completed On 04/12/2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it!

04/05/2022

Theresa B.

Brandon arrived ahead of schedule and was very professional. He paid close attention to detail and offered needed upgrades. He was very pleasant to speak with and also offered discounts available. I scheduled more services to be completed in the near future.

Description of Work
Electrical work

Category electrician

Work Completed On 04/05/2022

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for Brandon. We appreciate hearing from you!

12/10/2021

GILBERT E A.

Very well. Humidifier filter replaced, which improves our home humidity.

Description of Work
Annual check of furnace and humidifier according to maintenance agreement.

Work Completed On 12/10/2021

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate it!

12/08/2021

Richard B.

Things could not have gone any better. I have some knowledge of things like this and they were very thorough when explaining our options. Because of the age of the unit my wife and I choose to get a whole new heating and air conditioning unit. There was absolutely no pressure to choose this route and we are glad we did. Sean explained everything to us until he was satisfied that we understood it all. The only charge was for the service call and that will be taken off the price of the new unit. Portable heaters were supplied for our use until the new units could be installed.

Description of Work
Sean and another man came to get our heat on after our furnace failed

Work Completed On 12/02/2021

Thank you for the very kind review. We appreciate you being a Jennings customer!

12/06/2021

Derick S.

It went very well. I am a first time home owner and have been living in my house just over a year. I want to learn about all the aspects of my home so while Brian went through the steps of checking the furnace he explained and showed each part he was inspecting. I learned more than I knew before even though it was the initial service check.

Description of Work
Furnace Service Check

Work Completed On 12/03/2021

We are happy to hear about your experience with Brian! Thanks for being a Jennings customer!

11/18/2021

Karen B.

Jennings is a wonderful company to work with. Our tech, Brian, is great. Efficient, pleasant, answers questions. We have service plan with Jennings, did not have to pay for furnace check, just paid for new water panel for humidifier.

Description of Work
Annual check-up on furnace, change water panel, check air filter

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our tech! We appreciate hearing from you!

11/15/2021

Barb T.

Gregg was punctual, professional, courteous. Appreciated his wearing a mask and covers for shoes.

Description of Work
Furnace and humidifier maintenance per program

Work Completed On 11/12/2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how Greg did. We appreciate the review and having you as a Jennings customer!

10/27/2021

David W.

Terrible - I had a 7:30am appointment with what I was told was going to be a SENIOR technician. I made arrangements at work to come in late so I could be at home. 7:45am - I got a call saying that the technician was on his way. I live less than FIVE minutes from their office. 8:15am - still no show. I called to check because I had to get to work, and I had to cancel. The only response I got was, "oh, sorry." Poor customer service. I know this company has great reviews - probably from customers who actually had the technician show up, and ON TIME.

Description of Work
Heating system maintenance

Work Completed On 10/27/2021

"Mr. [Member Name Removed], we greatly apologize for any miscommunication with regard to your scheduled service call. As we attempted to discuss when you called in at approximately 8:15 am the morning of your appointment, our policy is to provide a timeframe within which our technician would arrive at your home. As your assigned time slot was the first call of the morning, arrival time would be between 7:30-9am. Our technician was in position to have arrived within the allotted time frame had you decided to keep rather than cancel your appointment. Again, we greatly apologize for any misunderstanding and would be happy to get you rescheduled."

08/06/2021

Pat S.

Prepaid maintenance on air conditioner was completed and John found the condenser capacitor needed replaced. He completed the repair in a timely manner and explained that I should schedule an appt. early spring to add refrigerant. Jennings is very lucky to have John Fuller as an employee.

Description of Work
Prepaid maintenance on air conditioner

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how John did. We appreciate it!

12/18/2020

DEBORAH W.

Great - we’ve used Jennings for years and they have always been reliable, courteous and professional. Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
They came to check on a sound our new furnace (which they did a great job of installing!) was making - turns out it was due to the kind of filter we were using.

Work Completed On 12/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate hearing from you!

11/02/2020

Robet M.

Jennings always does a professional job for me whether it's AC or furnace. They are the best!!

Description of Work
Furnace service, clean and check.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate hearing from you.

10/30/2020

Ed F.

very good. service man sean, was easy to deal with.

Description of Work
furnace inspection

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

Thank you for the kind words for our technician. We appreciate it!

10/26/2020

Terry V.

Went well, except still waiting on a defective board that switches to the generator when the power goes off.

Description of Work
Had a whole house generator installed

Category electrician,generator service

Cost $8,500.2

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate it!

08/27/2020

Donna A.

Very well. We have had Jennings for 34 Years. Always very satisfied. Technician is professional, knowledgeable, helpful, personable, careful and efficient.

Description of Work
Yearly air conditioning system evaluation

Work Completed On 08/27/2020

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate having you as a Jennings customer!

08/25/2020

Bill F.

They wanted $90.00 just to look at job. Told them no way!

Description of Work
replace insulation on mini split outstde

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/25/2020

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Jennings Heating believes in being transparent and up front with our pricing. We do charge an evaluation fee for the technician to come out and thoroughly go over the unit and see what is needed to complete the job. Unfortunately we do not do any type of pricing for jobs over the phone, as every home and situation is different. Once the technician completes his evaluation he would then would give you a quote in writing as to what it would take to complete the job, at that point it is your decision if you would want us to complete the job or not. Jennings is aware that there are companies out there that say they do not charge an evaluation fee to come out and look at a job. We do know that those companies are going to make up that evaluation fee somewhere, be it in the cost of the parts, or the repair itself.

08/22/2020

Linda D.

Our air conditioning went out. They came right out and gave us an estimate. It was a good price and we are looking forward to having it put in. But in the mean time, they came out and made sure that we had air conditioning so we were comfortable. That was above and beyond our expectations.

Description of Work
New furnace and air conditioning

Work Completed On 08/22/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we always appreciate hearing from you!

08/19/2020

Lawrence M.

Dave H did a fine job for us. He was on time, professional, answered my questions, replaced a faulty capacitor on warranty and a new filter at a discount price. He made a few suggestions for our consideration but did not engage in a strong "upsell." We would be happy to have Dave H as a tech in the future!

Description of Work
Standard Maintenance on HVAC

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

Hi, thanks for taking the time to let us know how Dave did. We appreciate your business!

08/12/2020

Robert D.

My 12+ year old water heater died and started leaking some time in the night. When I discovered I had no hot water in the morning, I called Jennings Heating and Cooling. They were able to get a water heater delivered that morning and have it installed that afternoon. The installation was a bit more difficult due to the location of the water heater, changing from a short to a tall tank due space issues, and the requirement for including an expansion tank. A special thanks to Kim for getting the water heater ordered and delivered that morning so it could be install that afternoon. Also a special thanks to Sean P. for doing a fantastic job installing and getting everything to fit in the space. Their customer service is excellent!

Description of Work
Replaced bad water heater

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience! We are happy to hear how Kim and Sean did for you. Thanks for being a Jennings customer.

08/05/2020

Jacqueline C.

They were professional and courteous. I just wish they came earlier the in day. He was helpful and patient. Overall, went above and beyond. Going forward, I would use them again.

Description of Work
Fixed my AC.

Work Completed On 07/27/2020