The Spa Wholesaler

Founded 2008 • With Angi since February 2012

Welcome to the Spa Wholesaler. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best quality hot tub at the lowest possible price. We understand when shopping for a new hot tub every place you go will tell you the tubs they sell are the best. What sets us apart, is that we have every major brand hot tub on display so you can compare them. Instead of having to believe a salespitch you can actually see the differences. We also don't pressure anyone into buying. In fact when you come in we will never even ask for a deposit. We know when you're ready to buy you will ask us if you can put down a deposit. With a LOW PRICE GUARANTEE we don't need to run those so called blow out sales or push hard to sell a tub. All we ask is that you give us a call before you buy and you'll be glad you did. To receive the fastest response please contact me directly via phone instead of email. Thank you for your time. Please go to our Facebook page and you can read so many more customer reviews....

Hirsch Pools

At Hirsch Pools, our goal is to provide the highest caliber of service to each and every customer; ensuring maximum satisfaction for every project. You can count on us to invest the utmost pride, honesty and passion into your dream pool.

CARIBBEAN POOLS & SPAS

DBA: ROTTERDAM SWIMMING POOL CENTER INC.

08/25/2020

Daniel M.

Very knowledgeable & honest. A friend recommended them & they did not disappoint. Even though Jeff has been very busy with sales, he took the time to answer all of our questions in a timely fashion. I would recommend them to anybody thinking of purchasing a hot tub.

Description of Work
Spa purchase

Category pool cleaners

Thank you very much for taking the time to put up a review. If you need anything you can reach me anytime at 518-470-3535. Thanks Mark

02/10/2017

Mike S.

Purchased a new Hot Tub, cover and cover lifter from Spa Wholesaler for $7,000. Within a few days I noticed water spitting onto the main circuit board from an unattached tube behind the main access panel. I called the owner who said it should just stop on it's own (?) or I can plug it, so I fixed it myself since water and electronics don't mix very well. Soon after I noticed one of the 4 LED's for the cup holders was barely lit. Called owner again and he said it's probably just out of alignment, he'll deal with it in the spring. Ok, not a problem. If it's something as simple as that, I can fix that too. Now a couple of weeks ago (approximately 3 mos after the tub was installed) I'm outside and see one of the straps for the cover sitting on the deck after it had fallen off. Mind you, I don't have the locks installed for the straps and have no need to touch them or pull on them, but after a recent wind storm, I thought it would be a good idea at some point in the future to attach them as the cover blew open during this storm, so having all 4 corner straps would be helpful.. Well, now I have one missing strap off the cover which appears to be a stitching defect from the factory. It was only held on by 3 or 4 stitches and the thread looks to have broke, so during the 3 mos of my ownership it slowly unthreaded itself and fell off. I called Mark, again, who asked that I send him pictures, but he immediately started to tell me he thinks "they (whoever he gets his covers from) won't do anything about it, but I still have 3 straps so that should be good enough". As I recollect, I bought the cover from YOU, yet he starts blaming 'them'. I sent him all the pictures showing the flaw, and I called him several times afterwards, each time getting an excuse or promise to get back to me, and he never calling back. I gave him ample opportunity to make this right, but my patience has run out and am tired of excuses and not returning my calls. This company does not stand behind their product and I've had enough, hence this review. Also, something else to highly consider if you want to purchase a hot tub. When we ordered the tub, I wanted the optional "full foam insulation" to save electricity since the internal piping without this foam is basically just behind the thin cabinet walls and my prior hot tub had full foam. My wife and I were talked (conned) into not getting the full foam as it's 'not necessary' per Mark. Well, now during the winter when we turn on the jets or it cycles for heat, the first burst of water that comes out is very cold, and I'm certain it would have been helpful with cost in the long run to have full foam since every hot tub forum I've researched recommended 'full foam' to save electric, esp in our cold northeast climate. Our electric bills are CONSIDERABLY higher, especially in comparison to our previous hot tub that had the full foam insulation, which we owned when electric was higher priced then it is now. Having owned a prior hot tub with full foam to compare to, it definitely is a cost savings, especially over the long run. It makes sense now why he 'recommended' no foam. It's because when there are issues with his product, and I've had 3 so far, 2 of which needed work inside the cabinet, it makes his job easier to make the repairs during warranty..... or shall I say.... will make your job easier since he seems to just want to tell you over the phone how to fix the issues that arise so he don't have to do anything!! In conclusion, once this place gets your money..... don't expect much more from them if you have problems! So.....I hope you have your Spa Repair Handbook handy, because you'll be doing the work, just like me, and/or watching things fall apart with nothing but excuses and false promises to return your calls by this sub-standard company. ************* Update, 5/19/2017. Mark has made good on his promise to replace my cover, as well as address another new LED lighting issue the tub ended up having etc, but all in all, the issues have all been resolved, and I'm satisfied with the service, but wish the LED lights (approximately 2/3 the tub lighting) failed in a matter of months after installation on my Marquis E660 tub. Mark ordered all new lights and reran them in, which was a difficult job, but Mark did it its all set.

Description of Work
Purchased a new hot tub and accessories. Several issues presented themselves and owner is not very receptive to resolution, and the last issue with my cover falling apart and the owner side stepping a resolution, leaves me no choice but to write a review for a substandard product that he does not stand behind.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

[Member Name Removed] thank you for the review. I will address all issues that you brought up in this review. In may be a little long but I have to be thorough. First off you called me in regards to a small tube that was dripping water on the spa pack or circuit board. I like always answered and took the call. This was accurate except it did not drip water on the board. All spa packs in all tubs are sealed and water tight because water does not mix well with electronics as you correctly stated. There is a small 3/[Member Information Removed] tube in a hot tub for an ozone. Usually it comes with a cap on it. Sometimes the cap falls off in shipping. This tube is spooled up in a circle several times so even if the cap falls off no water will come out. Sometimes a little water gets in this tube in shipping and could come out on the first start up but will stop. Customer called and I talked with him in regards to this. Easy fix and customer was all set. Customer said no problem that he would cap it. A week or so later the customer called again and as always I took the call and he stated that one of the lights was a little dimmer than the other lights. Now the light does work but it appears that it is a little dimmer than the rest of the LED lights. Did not seem like a huge problem so I told him the light may have dropped down a little bit or perhaps it was not positioned correctly to begin with. I told the customer I could stop out once the weather got a little warmer. We agreed that once the weather broke that he would give me a call and I would come out. This tub has over 20 LED lights so if I was to come out I would check the position of all lights since I'm making a trip out anyways. I would have to get in all 4 sides of the tub to do this. This is much easier to do once the weather gets a little warmer. I didn't think it was a major issue since after all the light was working. The customer also stated that he was handy and could easily take care of it. Again I have no problem coming out to check this but I would like to inspect all lights so I don't have to make another trip at another time because of perhaps another dim light. Lastly the customer called a week or so later with the cover issue. He mentioned that I blamed the manufacturer. He is absolutely correct. I couldn't take responsibility for the stitching coming loose. If I made the cover and if I stitched it together with my own two hands then I would accept full responsibility. I didn't so I'm sorry but it is not my fault. I will add that amazingly this is the first time I've had a stitching issue with a cover in the twelve years I've been in business but the customer is correct that the stitching came loose. So anyways the customer called and again I took the call and he explained the issue. I told him that usually the cover manufacturer does not cover damage to a cover. Keep in mind when it comes to a cover most issues are due to abuse that I see all the time. For example a customer will call because a cover fell in the tub and broke. Usually ends up being that ice fell off the roof and onto the cover breaking it. Or perhaps somebody sat on it and the foam broke. Not covered under warranty. This is not the case with this tub but that is an example why in most cases the cover would not be covered under warranty. Now that I have seen the pictures of the stitching it certainly looks like a defect which I expect the manufacturer to take care of. When the customer sent me the original pictures they were not as clear so I told him to send me more. He did and they were a little closer up and much better. I told the customer that I would forward these to the manufacturer which I did. I have not heard back from them yet but now that this review is a reminder I will follow up with them on Monday when they open and see what can be done. If they do not cover it, which they really should, then I will. Next shipment of tubs I receive I'll have an extra cover put on and I'll stop out and swap them. I will just use yours for display in my showroom. You can use that one through winter then once the weather breaks I'll swap them and do a complete overall check on the tub. The customer also stated that I said to him that he still has 3 straps and that should be good enough. Absolutely did not say that in that way to the customer. I said he still had 3 straps and that should hold until I take care of the issue. Or the customer could put a little weight on the one corner to hold that side down until the problem is resolved. Bottom line is I can't stop and stitch it on site since I'm not a part time seamstress. I can't duct tape or glue it. What else am I to tell the customer to do until the manufacturer addresses the issue. The customer stated in the review that the cover is falling apart. Keep in mind that the cover works and closes. It's just missing one strap. That is it, so he can still use it. It still opens and closes like a brand new cover. It's not like it doesn't work. Ok now for the full foam issue. First off I don't care what the internet says about full foam like you stated. There are just as many sites on line that discourages it. You said that every site you went on recommended that you should go with full foam. I have a hard time believing that since I just went on line and unfortunately several sites that push full foam are owned by spa manufacturers like Hot Springs, Sundance etc. These sites aren't honest. They are pushing the full foam because that's the only way they make their spas. Not to get to technical but let's look at Hot Springs for example. They will tell you full foam is the best. They have to tell you that because it's the only way they make their spas. What they don't tell you is that they use 3lb structure foam to support the spa because it's not reinforced with fiberglass like the brands I sell. The shell is very thin and they use this foam to support all the seats. Do yourself a favor and click on this link to see the truth http://hottubspatips.com/hot-tub-insulation-smoke-and-mirrors-best-hot-tubs/ Here are two paragraphs off this website right below. I just copied and pasted so I did not write them. Funny thing is it's pretty much what I told you when you came in. Keep in mind I can order my spas anyway I want to. If full foam was the best way to go I would just order them all that way. It's not the best way to go so I discourage it. Spa Insulation: So with all of the different types of insulation, the most important of all seems to be neglected. The spa cover provides the most protection from heat escaping out the top of the spa. As heat rises, it will try to escape out any opening in the spa cabinet but especially out the top. A good hard cover is essential, especially in colder climates. The cover should also be tapered which means it is higher in the middle than on the sides in order for rain and melting snow and ice to run off. Practical Concerns of Various Insulation Types: Well if the most important component to keeping hot tub electrical consumption down is the hard cover, then what are the possible side effects and cons to the various other insulation types? Simply put, fully foamed spas are a nightmare to repair in the case there should ever be a leak. Ask any service tech out there about the hours they will need to spend scraping a pile of foam out and even having to stand the spa upright to access things from the bottom. This is a huge negative for that type of insulation. You must then really buy into the fact that you will save a bundle on electricity if you fully foam the spa, but this debate has been going on for over 20 years and the full foamers have yet to produce unbiased test results that prove it. If it were the undisputed superior way of building spas, everybody would be doing it that way. I service all brands of tubs so I will let everyone know what I tell my customers. The customer mentioned that he was conned into not getting the full foam. This is just a flat out lie. I don't con anyone and anyone who reads this please look at all our reviews on Google, Angie's list, Facebook, Yelp etc. There are 100's of reviews and you will certainly get a sense of our impeccable service. Anyways here is what I tell all of my customers. I tell them I can order the tub full foamed but I wouldn't because if it ever leaks which every tub will at some point it will cost way more in labor to fix it. It is a nightmare to dig out all the foam to make a repair. I tell people that if they want to save on their home heat bill this winter they may insulate the attic more but they probably won't insulate the basement more. Heat rises, the cover is where 90 percent of the heat loss is. Common sense right? I also tell everyone that instead of paying 100 bucks to have it spray foamed they would be better off to buy a couple rolls of R-13 insulation and stuff it in the cabinet. This way if you ever need to do a repair you can pull it out of your way and make the repair in much less time. Makes sense right? I try to give my customers common sense advice that will save them money down the road. So being accused of conning someone I take personally. I don't con anyone. I just give honest advice that makes sense. Also I have one of my competitor's tubs on display that I showed the customer before he purchased from me. It was a fully foamed tub. A prior customer paid 13,000 for it seven years ago from a local retail store. It leaked and they called the local store. Here is what they were told. We are sorry but we can't fix it out at your house because we can't dig through all the foam in your yard. The local store told them they could pick it up for 1000.00 and then estimated 2000.00 more for the repair. Long story short this customer bought a new tub from me and absolutely did not want full foam. Now [Member Name Removed] in this review states that I recommended that he gets no foam. He is absolutely wrong. I never ever recommend no foam. In fact all my tubs are partial foam. Funny thing is his tub has about 5 inches of foam sprayed on the entire shell. It has a lot of foam in it. So much that Marquis the maker of the tub even puts 2 vents on the front panel so the pumps can breathe. If they didn't then the pumps would burn out because of all the foam put inside the tub. So again the no foam comments make absolutely no sense at all to me. His tub is partial foam. I have pictures ready to attach at the end of my response as long as it allows me too. [Member Name Removed] you should have seen all the foam when you took off the side. Hopefully I can attach pictures because I just took pictures of the tub you purchased and it will show everything. In any case even though I'm frustrated with the review and to be honest I think you are a jerk for referring to me as a con man I will take care of your issues. I understand that you are frustrated because you have had a few minor issues with your new tub. No excuses, you shouldn't have any issues but sometimes it happens. In any case I will take care of it and I will provide better service than anyone else would. My phone is on 24/7 so if you ever have any issues just call as I nearly always answer. I apologize for the inconvenience but I will follow up with you this week once I hear from the manufacturer. I do have to add that I fully understand your frustration but I'm always easy to get a hold of and I've taken several calls and text messages from you. I just really take exception to some of the accusations you made in this review. Again you stated that after the tube and light issue that we were good. Then after the cover issue we went from good, to me being a con man and a sub-standard company. Hopefully some of the stuff you said was just out of frustration because in no way do I ever mislead a customer on anything. This is the same reason why only the two owners here are the only ones who sell the tubs. We don't hire salespeople like the other stores because they will do high pressure and usually the salesperson will just tell you what he thinks you want to hear just to get a sale. We don't do any of that and it is what sets us apart from everyone else. In conclusion you had a prior tub before you purchased this one from us. There must have been a reason why you purchased your second tub from us. You obviously trusted us when you made the purchase. I can only promise that after these issues are taken care of that you will in due time, realize that you purchasing a hot tub from us was a good decision. Thanks for your time and I'll talk to you this week. Update: I spoke to the manufacturer today and this is a copy of the email they sent. Also I texted you pictures of all the foam in your spa since I was not able to attach pictures here on Angie's list. If you need anything or have any questions you can reach me anytime at 518-470-3535, Thanks

07/23/2016

Gary C.

It went very well. Mark was professional the whole time. After setting everything up and putting it all back together, he took the time to explain what we needed to do to keep it up and running and answered all of our questions. Even with the late time, he didn't try to rush out. I will not hesitate to call him again with any questions. I would definitely recommend him for anyone who needs help with their hot tub.

Description of Work
Hot tub had a leak at the motor elbow joint. Very hard to find but Mark was persistent and finally found it. After removing the pump, he took it back to his shop, fixed the leak and tested it before returning it. Due to the extremely hot weather, he waited til later in the evening on a Friday night to replace the pump, check everything was working and reset all the controls. It was close to 9:45 PM when he was finished.

11/30/2015

Maura G.

The service provider was very responsive even on a weekend. Helped us out tremendously.

Description of Work
Helped us fix our hot tub.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you so much for the review and call me anytime if you ever need anything.

11/09/2015

chris B.

Mark and his guys were fantastic. Could not ask for a more professional and knowledgeable crew. Makes up for the Tropicana watch fiasco.

Description of Work
cleaned hot tub

06/02/2015

Kevin S.

did what he said he would do and did it on time.

Description of Work
repaired water pump

Category pool cleaners

Thank you so much for the review and call us anytime if you ever need anything. Thanks again

10/31/2014

Joan F.

I called The Spa Wholesaler on Wednesday and spoke to Mark. He told me they service all brands of hot tubs, not just what they sell. He explained how they winterize, and gave me a price for the service. He said he'd call me the beginning of next week to set up an appointment. Mark called me the next day to let me know the serviceman, Jim, would be calling to set up an appointment. Jim called within the hour and we set up an appointment for the next day, Friday. He said if he was delayed he would call. Jim arrived on time, explained what he was going to do, and showed me what I would have to do to start it up in the spring. He was very knowledgeable about my model of hot tub and made some suggestions of minor work to be done in the spring. (replace worn O rings., etc) I was very pleased with the service provided, the price was more than reasonable, as previously when I had a technician out for service, the service call alone was over $100. I highly recommend The Spa Wholesaler to anyone needing service, no matter what brand of hot tub.

Description of Work
Since I'm not going to be here most of the winter, for the first time I had to winterize my hot tub.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you so much for the great review. We really appreciate it and look forward to being there for all your hot tub needs. Next year when your ready to open it call us if you have any questions. Thanks again

05/11/2014

Jeanne A.

After doing thorough research with most, if not all the retailers in the area, Mark gave us not only the best deal with the best quality, but also tons of knowledge for being a first-time owner, which makes them, in our opinion, the absolute go-to guys in the entire area for hot tubs and hot tub service. We absolutely love our new spa and will spread the word to everyone we know about the Spa Wholesaler as the only guys to check out for new tubs and tub maintenance / repair. These guys are the best.

Description of Work
Provided expert knowledge, selling, service, and installation to first time buyers of a spa tub and how to properly maintain one.

Category pool cleaners

Thank you for the nice review. I realize when customers come in, it takes a little longer because we explain much more than the typical salesperson at the local stores. I see many reviews online similar to yours and I am so grateful that people really appreciate what we do. We don't just try to get a quick sale. Instead we try to provide you with the knowledge you need to make an informed decision. This is why we have all the other brands in the Capital District on display. This way you can physically see the differences between all the brands. It is what sets us apart, and is the main reason why we sell more hot tubs and swim spas than anyone in the area. Again we sincerely thank you for the review and if you ever need anything don't hesitate to give us a call. Enjoy the new hot tub.

04/15/2014

allan C.

I've had 2 Hot Springs Hot Tubs that have been very reliable for over 15 years. When I shopped to replace my Hot Springs on Central Ave, I was shocked by their prices. Even their smaller tubs were very expensive. I got the impression that they would make at least $3000 over their cost. There is no bargaining with sales people and their service is leaving messages on someones voice mail with a lengthy wait. The Spa Wholesaler is GREAT! When you call, the owners will pick up and will talk to you! You will make an appointment and receive honest useful information about many brands of spas they sell without BS! They make a profit on every sale for sure, but their margins are very, very, low. Mark H was very informative is much more than a salesman. He was very transparent giving us lots of choices while deciding which brand and model to chose from. Very much appreciated seeing his dealer cost for any Hot Tub including what could be ordered with just the options you want. He came up with a deal on a high end HT (Marquis brand) that was comparable to Hot Springs and saved me about $3000. Their showroom in Watervliet is pretty "utilitarian" but you will be glad they pass the savings on to you. If you want to pick up some nice (expensive) patio furniture, see the guys on Central ave. If you want to buy the best spa for the best price see The Spa Wolesaler.

Description of Work
Delivered and installed new Hot Tub and took my 8 year old Hot Tub in trade.

Category pool cleaners

[member name removed] thank you so much for the great review. We love it when customers really appreciate our honesty. We never want to be like the sales people at the retail stores. Or worse yet the sales people at those so called home show, expo, or hot tub blow out sales. We do things different and we always will. We actually recommended a smaller less expensive tub for you and most sales people would never do that. It is what sets us apart and the main reason why we sell more hot tubs than anyone in the capital district. Thank you again for purchasing a hot tub from us. You can reach us anytime if you have any questions at all. We would also like to point out that because of customers like you this is our best April in 8 years and we are only halfway through the month. Word of mouth is really getting out there. Thanks again and enjoy the new hot tub.

04/28/2013

Cheryl C.

Contacting Mark Harbour has been the only positive part of my entire experience. I don't know what I would have done if not for his assistance.

Description of Work
I purchased a swim spa on line that was to be delivered "curbside". After numerous delays the spa was to be delivered in January. I called Mark Harbour, The Spa Wholesaler and asked if he would take delivery for me and then deliver and install the spa in my yard. Mark has been wonderful! He suggested that he also test the spa for me prior to delivery which has been a saving grace. After waiting four months for the spa to arrive the spa leaked all over the floor and would not hold water. If that had happened in my backyard in January it would have been an even bigger disaster. My whole experience with this swim spa has been a nightmare but Mark has been my saving grace. Mark has been my advocate with the company from which I purchased the spa. He has advised me along the way and has made repairs to the spa without additional compensation. He had no obligation to do any of that. I knew of Mark because I had purchased a hot tub from him 7 years ago and he should have been my first call this time around too. The Spa Wholesaler's prices are very reasonable and the service is extrodinary. I cannot say enough good things about Mark Harbour, The Spa Wholesaler!

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

The Spa Wholesaler

Founded 2008 • With Angi since February 2012

1801 5th Ave

Watervliet, NY 12189

Pool & spa sales, construction, installation & repairs. Hot Tub Repair - All Brands

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available