My husband and I had a new roof installed by Stellar Roofing the week of 4/17/23. It was a large job including a complete tear off of multiple layers of shingles, including cedar shakes at the base. Our experience was positive from the start. Toby had come out to give us a quote, he was in our home for 3 hours going over details, taking photos and explaining how a new roof should work and the products that Stellar uses. He was kind, thorough and not pushy. We signed the contract and were excited to get this “to-do” checked off our list. We were told they were 3-4 weeks out at that point. About 3 weeks later we received a phone call to schedule our new install. The crew arrived on Tuesday (4/18/23) morning right on time and got right to work. They were fast, efficient and took extra care on cleaning up the large mess that comes with a new roof. They had the majority of it done within the 12 hours of the first day. Phil the project manager stopped in after the first day to check on progress and was available via telephone calls or text. The second day a few people from the crew returned to finish up the loose ends, install the vents and fix a small piece of soffit that needed to be replaced. They had everything done and cleaned up by 3:00PM the second day. Phil, the project manager, had reached out via telephone saying he would be in touch for a final walk through and to collect the remaining of the payment. The same night (Wednesday) that the Stellar Roofing had left our home we started to notice that our upstairs bathroom (toilet, shower and sink) were not draining correctly. We spent the next two days, many hours and money, snaking the drains, taking apart plumbing, removing the toilet with no avail. With more research we learned that it could be something wrong with the vent on the roof. With the new roof we thought that maybe a piece of shingle or trash had gotten stuck in the vent. Saturday morning 4/22/23 we got up on the roof and took a look down the vent. We could see that there was something down the vent but couldn’t make out what it was. I reached out to Phil, project manager and he had the main roofer from the job come down. He arrived within the hour and confirmed that he could also see something down the vent and said it looked like a piece of flashing that is used along the edge of the roof. He then spent an hour attempting to get this piece of flashing out and reported he couldn’t get it. He was going to the store and would be back. He came back and started banging on it and within 20 minutes reported that he was able to get it out. To our surprise the piece of flashing was 2, 12 feet long pieces (photo below) that had been wedged all the way down our vent which was blocking all output from our second floor bathroom. The roofer reports that he didn’t know how this 12 foot piece of flashing found its way into this 4 inch round pipe. There is no possible way that this piece of material fell into a 3 foot tall vent pipe that was coming out of the roof . Accidents happen but what makes it worse is that someone on this crew knew this happened and decided to brush it under the rug and hope that we wouldn’t find out. The roofer left after getting the flashing out of the pipe. We happened to look in the dumpster and found that he had broken/took off 14 inches of the exhaust pipe without asking or letting us know that was the only way to get this 12 foot piece flashing out. Again lying and hoping that we wouldn’t notice that he broke this off. This was on Saturday 4/22/23, I had texted a photo of the new found issue to the project manager. He reported that he was sorry that this happened and would be in touch today 4/24/23. 4/25/23 Final walk through with project manager where he extended his apologies about the situation but offered no solutions, compensations for our time and resources spent on fixing the issue they created after spending $26,000 on a new roof.