Samonas Prime Moving & Storage

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2010

3202 Sound Ave

Riverhead, NY 11901

Relocating is much easier when you hire Samonas Prime Moving Storage to help you. Even when you're just moving across town, we provide complete local moving services. From storage containers to reassembly of larger furniture, we do the work that saves you the time and effort. Moving to another state or across the country comes with a completely different set of concerns. We handle all of your long distance moving services that include shrink wrapping furniture and safely transporting your automobiles. You don't have to build a storage shed to have that extra room you need. Instead, let us provide you with mobile and warehouse storage. Containers and units are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate your belongings. To request a free estimate for any of our services, call us at (631) 821-1438....

movers (38)storage unit (6)piano movers (1)

04/06/2018

I used Samonas three times in the last four years. They are always great to work with. Carefull, polite, hard working. We moved a four bedroom house and it went without problems. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Moving furniture and piano

Category moving companies,piano moving

Work Completed On 03/27/2018

Thank you again for another move. We truly enjoy doing business with you and your family. See you on the next one!!!

09/13/2017

very well, it took longer than expected due to furniture and space issues but the crew went over and above even after an extremely long day.

Description of Work
Move an entire household.

Work Completed On 08/19/2017

Our crews always hard and have a positive attitude till the job is complete, no matter how challenging the day might be. Thank you and Good Luck in your new home!!

09/07/2017

TERRIBLE!!! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!!!!! They showed up an hour late, put holes in my walls while moving my furniture, charged me for their cigarette/lunch break, added 15 minutes to the paper/charge because he was too lazy to figure out the math, scratched my newly finished wood floors, damaged my furniture, reassembled my bed backwards with missing screws....I can go on and on...

Description of Work
Moving my furniture/boxes from my old house to new house about 5 miles away

Work Completed On 07/24/2017

Mr [Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with our company. I have contacted you to rectify the situation and believe that we came to an agreement and reimbursement to fix any damages. We at Samonas Prime Moving have done all we can to remedy any short comings that we may have and would ask you to reevaluate your harsh review and grade of F. Realizing ones mistake...

09/02/2017

At first, I had high hopes for this company. Unfortunately, I was greatly disappointed. Three movers arrived at 9:15 and the guy in charge had me sign that they arrived at 9:00. They complained that the furniture was difficult to take apart which made me nervous about them putting it back together. Movers should be able to figure out how furniture works. They put it together incorrectly even forge...

Description of Work
I moved from a 2 bedroom to a 2 bedroom down the road. The moving company was only responsible for moving furniture and 5 boxes. Everything else was moved by me. I didn't even need wardrobe boxes.

Work Completed On 08/26/2017

Mrs [Member Name Removed], I am very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our moving crew. I will contact you personally to rectify the situation. Samonas Prime Moving stands behind their crews and behind the quality of work that they perform. If anything was done improperly then we will fix the problem. Thank you for your patience and you will hear from me soon. Brian

08/28/2017

Excellent service; punctual and efficient; workers were very pleasant and professional

Description of Work
small move from one home to another

Work Completed On 06/28/2017

08/12/2017

Excellent movers. Careful and helpful. Everything arrived intact. I would hire Samonas again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Move from Long Island to Saratoga Springs

Work Completed On 07/11/2017

07/31/2017

The move went without any problems. We had 3 movers for 5 hours, which matched our estimate. The movers were very professional and polite.

Description of Work
We were making a local move.Brian was very friendly and professional when he cane to the house for the estimate. Price was figured by the hour.

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

06/22/2017

The guys were great. We will definitely use them again. And most definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Moved from a house to an apartment

Work Completed On 05/27/2017

05/30/2017

It went great. It's a family owned business. It was five guys, I believe, two or three of whom were brothers. They were good-natured and careful and they knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
moved equivalent of 5BR house contents from basement of friend's house to a new house.

Work Completed On 05/30/2017

05/06/2017

The first thing I liked about this company was Brian Samonas. We had extimates from 3 companies and I liked Brian the best. Not because they were the cheapest but because he took the time to check every room and our garage and explained exactly what was going to happen. On moving day we had everything packed andthey were right on time. They had everything our quicklyand inventoried everything. We ...

Description of Work
Moving household possessions

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

Moving Services - Local & Long Distance Moves, Office Relocations, Piano Moving, Packing & Crating Services, Secure Storage Facility, Fine Art & Antiques, Moving Boxes Sold & Delivered, Enclosed Auto Transport, & New Mobile Storage Containers.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover