Allauca Construction Corp

Founded 1988 • With Angi since February 2016

Complete Interior and Exterior Remodeling., Whether you need a kitchen or bathroom upgrade, custom cabinetry or moldings, floor refinishing, or masonry work, repairs or replacement, our skilled team will help you achieve your goals efficiently and within budget. With 30 years of experience and working in and around NYC, we are family owned and operated, and are fully insured and licensed. www.newyorkremodels.com 845-608-6416 718-757-1250 ...

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+145 more images

tile installation202010021
We did a complete remodel of an apartment consisting of a new floor, new bathroom, new kitchen, painting, electricity, and plumbing in upper Manhattan
Residential Remodeling  project

202011109
Plumbing Project project
Plumbing Project

electrician

interior painting (35)home remodeling (24)drywall (18)tile installation (16)electrician (12)plumbers (10)door installation (9)masonry (8)woodworking (7)hardwood floors (6)glass repair (6)house painting (5)

06/03/2021

Charles M.

Mario and his team were excellent. They worked on a renovation of our second floor full bathroom. They showed up to work early every day and everyday we saw progress. I can't say enough about the outstanding job they job renovating our bathroom. He was right on point with his timeline of when he would complete the job and everything was done to our satisfaction. I would absolutely hire Mario and his team again and would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to do a bathroom renovation.

Description of Work
Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom

Work Completed On 06/02/2021

11/21/2020

Mark K.

I had to do a full bathroom gut and redo my kitchen floors and backsplash while saving my cabinets and appliances. Mario walked me through the proposed work and was very responsive with my co-op paperwork. When Alfredo and his team came, they followed all my building’s rules: allowed work times, access areas, protecting lobby floors and waste removal. Alfredo is extremely knowledgeable and was happy to go over all my concerns during the work. He washers everyday to oversee the team along with personally doing the work himself. I would rehire and recommend to all my friends and family!

Description of Work
Remodeling - General, Remodeling - Kitchen & Bathroom, Plumbing

Work Completed On 11/27/2020

A pleasant experience working for you and we hope to continue serving in any project that you have very grateful to you again.

10/02/2020

junko N.

I recently completed a significant apartment renovation with Mario from Allauca Construction. While the project started with a modest scope, it finished with a full gut renovation that included new flooring, kitchen appliances, full bathroom renovation, new wall and ceiling, doors, and recessed lighting. As an architect, I've worked with many contractors and Mario was a consummate professional throughout the construction. He completed the project on schedule and on budget. He also personally ensured that the work was executed at the highest quality standards. I would recommend Mario for anyone looking to renovate their home or apartment and I will certainly use his services again for my next project.

Description of Work
Remodeling - General

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

It has been a beautiful experience working with a professional like you who is an architect and we hope to continue working on future projects very grateful to you

12/13/2019

Kevin J.

It went well. Allauca construction responded to all inquiries in a timely manner. His price was about in the middle of the 4 estimates I received from other companies. Mario and his helper were always on time and friendly. They cleaned up nicely at the end of each day. I received compliments on his work from everyone that saw the bathroom. After he completed the job I saw a couple of minor imperfections. I called him and let him know and he came back and took care of it in a timely manner. I am very happy with their work.

Description of Work
Complete bathroom remodeling

Work Completed On 11/11/2019

very grateful for your comment and we hope to continue working with you on any project you have

12/01/2019

Dennis U.

Great! Mario and his crew were attentive and detail-oriented. The Bathroom looks great!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 11/18/2019

Review for Allauca Construction Corp - 80-79 Ankener Avenue 11373, Queens, NY - 38261344

09/30/2019

Sherri L.

Purchased a Deal and contacted them three times over a three week period and never got a response. Guess they didn't want to do any work connected to their seal offer.

Description of Work
Outdoor patio tiling job.

Category masonry, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

We are very sorry for not having been able to serve this time due to a high volume of work, it may be a next opportunity and very grateful for your comment

09/21/2019

Christopher S.

We highly recommend Allauca Construction for all of your remodeling needs. Alfredo and Mario were incredibly professional and friendly throughout the entire process. They finished the project on time and on budget - which is rare among contractors in my experience! Their input on various decisions throughout the renovation was incredibly helpful. They were also very clean throughout the project, taking care to clean up prior to leaving each day, so that we could still use our bathroom comfortable while it was under construction. We plan to hire Allauca Construction again for future renovation projects and plan to recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

very grateful for trusting this project and we hope to continue working together on your future projects and thank you very much

08/03/2019

Krishna K.

Mario and his crew were responsive and overall did a very nice job. He was flexible when I wanted to add a few projects and was very communicative throughout, regularly texting me photos and questions. He finished on time and on budget, even though we found a few problems along the way, as expected in an old house. A couple small things weren't finished perfectly (a little crooked or not flush), but these are minor quibbles. As contractors go, Mario is easy to recommend.

Description of Work
Gut remodel of a bathroom, refinish floors and some light remodeling throughout

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/07/2018

05/31/2019

Johanna D.

Allauca Construction was a pleasure to work with. Alfredo was professional and attentive. He was patient and answered all of my questions. In addition they did a stellar job with my remodel. I will definitely hire them in the future.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/31/2019

Thank you for your nice message and it is a pleasure to work with you and count on Allauca Construction Corp for future projects

03/20/2019

S M.

Just wrapped up a bathroom renovation project with Mario Allauca and his team. Full demo, new framing, walls, waterproofing, tiling, shower door, and lighting all setup in 10 working days. The team did an outstanding job and was very responsive to last moment changes and my suggestions and directions. I had a bunch of special materials to work with and the job was done to my full satisfaction. Mario is a great guy to work with and he was always onsite. I highly recommend their services - there isn't a job they can't do, based on what I've seen!

Description of Work
Full coop bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/20/2019

03/12/2019

Glenn G.

Mario was able to provide an itemized estimate for kitchen remodeling. We added the floor and moulding afterwards since the first estimate was very reasonable and within budget. They were able to work during the week of Christmas and they were punctual from start time to end of day. They cleaned up after every work day. Our renovation was put on hold due to some building repairs and we were advised by Mario that it was best to put our renovation on hold until repairs are complete. Once we were able to resume renovations, Mario and his team were able finish work within 2 weeks.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, floor restoration and crown/base moulding

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

03/06/2019

al R.

Complete waste of time! Had an appointment scheduled for 5pm and he didn't show up until after 5:30pm. I called him and discussed with him only about building a fireplace mantle and side cabinets which he stated he does. When he arrived he saw other work was being done and he insisted on only doing the fireplace mantle if I gave him the other work. He refused to provide an estimate and walked out. Extremely unprofessional and needless to say I would never recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Custom Fireplace Mantle & Surround Cabinetry

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

A shame with the man since in the message he proposed jobs in his house and arriving at the work site he gave us a different idea of what he wanted to do and you cannot work that way thanks

02/17/2019

Daniel K.

Allauca Construction did a great job renovating my bathroom and were skilled in every aspect of the job, from plumbing to tile, painting and fixture installation. I provided the fixtures, window and tile and lighting, and occasionally held up their work due to items which did not arrive on time. They were patient, courteous and always tried to accommodate me. Any small changes that I requested completed. Even better, the workers were honest men to whom I entrusted my home. I was always comfortable leaving the house unattended when they were there. I have already inquired about a future job and hope to work with them again.

Description of Work
bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/21/2019

02/01/2019

Bill W.

I claimed an Angie's list deal and was never contacted by this company.

Description of Work
Claimed a deal and never was contacted

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

Unfortunately we do not have any deal in your name we try to go to all the quotations of the offers that we have in Angiest list And I ask of Angiest list that it is not possible that they put a bad review of people that we do not know

12/06/2018

Karina B.

I contacted Allauca Construction to receive a quote on a bathroom gut on October 9th and scheduled an appointment for October 12th. Mario arrived almost an hour and a half late to the appointment which is fine, I understand things happen. He was very nice and took his shoes off and provided a verbal quote immediately. It took him 5 days to send me a physical estimate with details. I reviewed the document and got back to him with feed back. For instance his estimate details an $800 fee for drywall, cement board, joint compound, electrical wire, and plumbing pipes, but his ad on Angie's list states that actual materials like a tub, tiles, vanity, toilet, medicine cabinet and so forth are included. Because of the discrepancy I asked that the material fee be removed and I would provide all materials on my end. It is now 12/6 (2 months since he viewed my 5 x 7 bathroom) and I am still waiting for the updated estimate. I asked questions that were never answered. I have followed up with him 5 or 6 times and decided that someone this unresponsive just does not want my business. Unless you have several months to kill before you start your project, don't waste your time. Price breakdown of original estimate: $6,700 labor, $800 supplies, $675 taxes = $8,175

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

[Member Name Removed] good morning, respectfully I want to tell you that the estimate was sent according to the deal we have in Angiest List and we sent the scope of work insurance licenses and all the documents you needed to make this bathroom but you asked us for another estimate without including the materials, we were also waiting for you to call to confirm the approval of part of the building. You have to be very honest in putting a comment based on the reality of the facts. thank you for your comment

08/16/2018

George C.

Best contractors we have ever worked with. We will definitely use them for anything we need in the future. Every single day, they showed up, ON TIME like clockwork, and worked hard. I can’t say that for other companies we have worked with. Now I realize how bad the other companies were! Finished on schedule (3-4 weeks). Very friendly crew, easy to work with. Everything was “no problem.” :) Gave my husband and I piece of mind. They know what they’re doing, and even though we kept piling on projects after the initial work was started, they still finished within the original time alotted. Really, really good guys.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel, bath remodel, hallway remodel, painting, electrical work

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, remodeling, roofing, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

Review for Allauca Construction Corp - 80-79 Ankener Avenue 11373, Queens, NY - 37327250

08/10/2018

kevin M.

I haven't had them do the work yet but they seemed nice. They did lovely today. I was very happy.

Description of Work
Exterior paiting.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

06/06/2018

J M.

Mario and his brother did an excellent job with the bathroom renovation. Highly recommended as they priced work fairly and were very prompt with responding to questions, responses, and were quick to address any issues. They were also very flexible with helping me with delivering material for the work performed. No complaints.

Description of Work
Bathroom Renovation

Work Completed On 05/28/2018

06/03/2018

Elizabeth D.

Excellent excellent job! Cannot be more pleased with the work performed including the attention to detail. Mario was also very responsive and got back to me with any question right away. He also offered advice on the type and finish of paint. Arrived on time, professional and very clean. I would highly recommend! I will definitely be using Allauca Construction again!!

Description of Work
Paint job for kitchen walls ceilings, moldings, also stairwell and bathroom

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

05/19/2018

Rita S.

Everything went well. Alfredo, Mario & the guys did a great job in renovating the bathroom. They're very professional & can be trusted. They do quality work. They always came on time,; worked right on schedule. And they always cleaned up after each day's work. My husband & I are very happy with our newly renovated bathroom. I highly recommend Allauca Construction Corp.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category electrician, glass repair, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

Review for Allauca Construction Corp - 80-79 Ankener Avenue 11373, Queens, NY - 37082207

05/04/2018

stephen P.

The two workers were punctual and worked hard all day long. applied oil based primer to ceilings and walls then put on two coats of paint. The process include the repair to the ceiling and wall damaged by roof leak. The whole job was professional and the results were excellent. The cost was reasonable at $250 per day for each man for 6 days. I supplied paint so I was aware of quality.

Description of Work
house and walls had soot due to backup. Painted house as well as repaired a wall and ceiling damaged by roof leak

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

thanks for the review. It was a great pleasure to work for you, we hope to continue working for you Allauca Construction

05/01/2018

Jody C.

I called Mario to get an estimate on remodeling my bathroom. He called me back quickly and let me know the approximate cost. He offered to come out and take a look. He came out that weekend so my husband could meet with him as well. He was very professional and answered all the questions we asked. He offered information on specific items that would work well in our bathroom. We had gotten other estimates that were quite a bit more and had felt that the contractor must have thought that we were naive. Mario gave a very fair price and had the experience and the great reviews that we were looking for. He seemed very trustworthy and we decided to go with him. He started on-time on a Monday morning. He consulted with me before each item was installed or when there was a problem. I was always confident that the job would be completed satisfactorily since Mario was so detail oriented and eager to please. We made a few changes during the project and Mario had no issues. We changed the vanity and Mario was happy to come out a week after the project was supposed to be completed to install it. When the vanity did arrive the top was broken and Mario came out again to install that. He was very patient. Mario showed up everyday on time. At the end of each day, he met with me and discussed what he did that day and what he would do the next. He always cleaned up each day after he was done. He was cheerful and easy going and it was really a joy to have him and his vast knowledge of construction. We plan on redoing our front porch and our kitchen in the future and we will definitely call Mario.

Description of Work
Mario gutted and remodeled my bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, glass repair, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/30/2018