CHRONOS CONTRACTING

Founded 2000 • With Angi since October 2006

93 4th Ave 337

New York, NY 10003

Chronos Contracting is a full service company engaging in renovations for the home & workplace. We're proud to state that we offer an attention towards detail that is both acute and effective. We see communication with our clients as the foundation of the renovation process. Working closely with architects and designers, we strive to bring you the best possible results. As a contracting firm that prides itself on its experience, quality and craftsmanship, we have a great reputation because we are honest, reliable & prompt. We cover everything from full scale renovations to small repairs for your home or business, and we do it with care. As an award winning company on Angie's List, we look forward to working with you....

01/06/2021

natalia T.

Exceptional job, as always. On time, on budget, cleanup completed (which should be a given in a construction job, but, unfortunately, not always the case). Knowledgeable and helpful.

Description of Work
under cabinet lighting in the kitchen replaced, cabinet/sink replaced in the bathroom and walls painted, ceiling re-plastered

Category electrician,lighting,plastering,home remodeling

Great client. Have worked on an number of her projects over the course of the last 12 years. She lives in a 19th century brownstone with some beautiful original details. I am happy we were able to maintain these original qualities while enhancing things affected by time. Also glad that she is happy with the work.

10/01/2020

Andrew H.

Guy called me, listened to the scope of work (finishing another contractor's work), said it wasn't worth his time and told me he was "unavailable" for my job. Said that if we had a working relationship (versus my status as a random Angie's List member), he would have considered taking it. Gave a D versus an F because he sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Dislike the notion that he's shopping potential jobs and cherry-picking. Choosing him on this site and the call were both wasted time.

Description of Work
Closet, shower curb, cabinetry, other assorted work

Category remodeling

I did respond to a request from this person. I telephoned him after receiving a message and we spoke at length about the work- and I went out of my way to give him helpful information. But as I made clear to him, it was too small a project for me. I was polite and spent extra time on the phone offering advice even after saying it is not something I’d be interested in. He said I was very knowledgeable about the work and really would like me to do it. He then became antsy and tried to get prices from me. Well after I said I wasn’t interested. I stated I can not give prices for something that I haven't seen. Then he became nasty and hung up on me. I find it strange that someone would demand that a service provider take on a project that they clearly state is too small for them- and then raise their voice followed by hanging up the phone.

01/10/2018

Caryn H.

Swimmingly! (Ahem.) Seriously. Peter and his crew were punctual, helpful, thorough, respectful of our space, trustworthy, attentive to every detail, and generally nice people. Peter is an excellent communicator and was always in touch whenever there was a question. He was full of helpful advice about how to fix our cheap clothes closet as well. The crew wore booties all of the time so as not to damage anything, and sealed off the area under construction from the rest of the apartment so that we had no extra dust or mess. They dealt with the tight spaces of a Brooklyn apartment like the professionals that they are: supplies and tools were stored in the hallway of our building, or in the work area. And as for the results: the ceiling looks like new (where there was once a patchy peeling hole) - one could never tell that there had been a leak! Similarly, the wall where the majority of the damage had been is pristine, and a delightful shade of our chosen Purple Rain... Chronos rules.

Description of Work
Internal dry wall and ceiling replacement due to water damage from a leak in our roof.

Category drywall,insulation,plastering,water damage restoration,interior painters

10/02/2017

Robin V.

Peter Demos, Chronos Contracting, delivered an excellent job. This was the second time we have worked with Peter and, just like on the previous occasion, his focus is on achieving perfection for his clients. Peter and his crew stripped the half bathroom of tiles, removed the existing sink, medicine cabinet and toilet, retiled and installed a new sink, a new medicine cabinet, a new toilet and various accessories. They removed the sinks, medicine cabinets and toilets from the two full bathrooms, tiled the walls and installed a new sink, a new medicine cabinet, a new toilet and several accessories. In the kitchen they applied a tiled backsplash. For the previous job, Peter installed four ceiling fans, relocated several ceiling lights, restored drywalls and performed assorted electrical tasks.

Description of Work
Renovation / upgrade of two full bathrooms and one half bathroom, as well as applying a tiled backsplash in the kitchen.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,electrician,lighting,plumbing,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters

06/02/2017

Thomas L.

As we experienced with our last project with Peter in the summer, our lighting project was on budget and on time once it started. Peter offered good advice on shopping for light fixtures that was very helpful. Communications during the job was excellent as he constantly updated us on his progress. Moreover, his crew as always took great care to minimize disruption and conscientiously maintained a clean work area. I would not hesitate to hire him again for future projects.

Description of Work
Following up on the excellent work Peter did for us with our closet project, we hired him again to install recess lighting and wall painting for our apartment's living room.

Category electrician,lighting,plastering,remodeling,interior painters

04/25/2017

Debra S.

Excellent. Peter and his crew were efficient, conscientious and did superb work.

Description of Work
Dining room ceiling repaired and plastered; several rooms in apartment painted, including dining room, bedroom and bathroom.

Category plastering,interior painters

04/11/2017

Eugene T.

He left our property without providing a review because we asked him to wait downstairs for 15 minutes to let another contractor complete their review.

Description of Work
Kichen/Bathroom renovation

Category remodeling,home remodeling

The above description of events does not does not match up with my experience. I arrived at this member's building on time, and at the time that we had scheduled. Upon arrival, I was told that the other Contractor had been late, and was asked to wait in the lobby a bit so they could finish with him. I waited 15 minutes, at which point I saw the other Contractor leave the premises. I then waited another 10 minutes, at which point I called this member to remind them that I was waiting. They did not pick up their phone, and was sent to voicemail after a few rings. At that point I had been waiting almost a half an hour, so I chose to leave. After reaching my other jobsite across the neighborhood, I received a call asking me where I was. I explained that I had phoned after 25 minutes of waiting, and no one picked up. Given my preference to defer to the customer I was even open to returning, but I waited to hear a reply first. The response was a sincerely disingenuous "sorry" that was clearly meant to get me back for the free estimate, rather than a real apology. I then expressed that I needed to move on with my schedule, and couldn't return. In any renovation or remodeling project, it's always very important that both parties feel comfortable working with the other. I pride myself in gravitating towards clients who are happy to engage in a mutually beneficial business relationship. Being in business for almost 20 years, I feel that my company has lived up to that goal.

02/23/2017

Wendy C.

Finding a good contractor is like finding the holy grail… there are so many nightmare stories about people who don’t show up, who take your money and leave you hanging, and who do a crummy job. In fact, this was our experience 11 years ago when we first bought our apartment and we definitely did not want to go through that again. Thankfully we found Chronos Contracting! Peter is great! We had a good feeling about him when we met him which is why we decided to go with Chronos although we had gotten a lower bid from someone else. We are extremely happy with our decision and I can say unequivocally that we more than got our money’s worth because Peter went above and beyond in so many ways. He is incredibly conscientious and knowledgeable, had great suggestions, and his attention to detail is impressive. One of the things we needed done was sound proofing, and it was really nice to know that Peter had experience with the very solution we had come up with in our own research. For the Moroccan encaustic cement tile installation, he did his due diligence and consulted with the manufacturer before proceeding. He also checked in with us all the time to make sure we were happy with the way things were going, and he threw in little extras here and there. We added a bunch of stuff to our original work request but all went very quickly and without any hassle. His crew is great also... really nice guys who care about their work. I will definitely hire Chronos Contracting for any future work I might need done.

Description of Work
in the living room repaired, reinforced, and plastered our ceilings and sound-proofed wall by using green glue and a second layer of drywall; re-plastered walls in the living room, kitchen, halls, and bathroom; painted, built and installed custom closet doors and adjusted the the closet interior shelving units; oversaw tub reglazing; in the kitchen raised the cabinets, took out old floor and installed a Moroccan encaustic cement floor, plumbed new sink, installed handmade ceramic tile backsplash, oversaw installation of new counter and refrigerator, added outlets and under-cabinet lights.

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,drywall,plastering,plumbing,interior painters,doors

08/12/2016

Lisa S.

The workers did an mind-blowing job ! Love the way my kitchen looks now so modern and chic my dream kitchen forsure , and it only took a couple of weeks . Thank you again for this guys.

Description of Work
They remodeled the new cabinets from are kitchen and it looks amazing I love the way it came out , even helped me pick the the theme I was go ukulele ng with .

Category custom cabinets

08/12/2016

Thomas L.

Peter and his crew did an excellent job on our closet project, finishing on schedule and budget. Unlike other contractors I have dealt with, his attention to every detail of the project was meticulous from the initial estimate to the actual construction work performed. Peter also provided ongoing almost daily updates as the project progressed. Finally, his crew made a good effort to minimize the resulting dust and debris, which I appreciated very much. His bid was neither the cheapest nor the most expensive. However, it was obviously the most thorough and well thought out. I am a satisfied customer and would not hesitate to use Peter for future projects.

Description of Work
Enlarged openings to four closets in our apt plus fabricated and installed four sets of custom sized closet doors.

Category closet systems,drywall,remodeling,interior painters,doors