Bell Mechanical, LLC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since November 2005

Bell Mechanical, LLC is a customer focused heating and air-conditioning company that was originally started in 1980. Located in Mahopac, NY, we employ highly trained people whose goal is to make our company the best service company in Westchester, Dutchess, Putnam and Fairfield County. Our company specializes in designing, engineering, and installing complete comfort systems for owners of existing homes and buildings just like yours. We take special pride in the craftsmen we train and employ--a fact you'll notice immediately in the attitude and integrity they bring to your job site. Our entire company works hard to make your experience with us hassle-free and enjoyable. Should we make a mistake, we will do everything in our power to correct it to your satisfaction. From the professionalism of our sales engineers, to the dedication of our field personnel, we are dedicated to delivering you the best. We take our responsibility very seriously when you place your trust in us. We pledge to always tell you up front what your cost will be to complete your job correctly. We make it a point to go over any details or limitations of the proposed system that will affect your enjoyment of the end result. You are told exactly what to expect up front. This is why Bell Mechanical continues growing with more satisfied customers each and every year. Give us a call for your service needs and see what you've been missing!...

4.4

HVAC Companies (102)insulation (2)metal fabrication (1)well & water pump repair (1)air duct cleaning (1)water heaters (1)excavating (1)

08/29/2020

Peter C.

The service man was pleasant and informative. He did a great job!!!

Description of Work
Serviced our central air unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

07/27/2018

MICHAEL K.

Never responded to my quote request

Description of Work
Requested quote 7/12 for multi zone heat pump.

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

I am sorry Mr [Member Name Removed] unfortunately I do not see in our records your request for a proposal. Please call my cell number to try and straighten this out 914-490-1714 I apologize for the inconvenience

05/22/2018

Tom K.

Matt and Phillip arrived on time. They discussed how they were going to install unit. They covered all floors with covers so not to dirty house. They were diligent, polite and answered every question. Installed unit the same day. At the end of the job, they went over the manuals and showed us the use of the unit. Everything went smoothly and unit works great.

Description of Work
Installed Air Conditioning Unit

Work Completed On 05/22/2018

01/28/2018

Virginia K.

They came out and gave an estimate for a new boiler and we contracted with them for the replacement. The technicians seemed very knowledgeable and thorough. We had a few issues after the installation with air getting in the line and blocking the flow of hot water. However, Our installation came with a 1 year service contract and they returned to remedy the problem promptly and professionally. Bell stands behind their work. We would recommend Bell and will use them in the future.

Description of Work
We needed a boiler replaced.

Work Completed On 10/06/2017

09/28/2017

Richard S.

Great experience from quote to installation. Dave Hopper provided a quote and showed sincerity and world class customer service from when I met him through the day of installation. Joe the installer was top notch during the entire installation process. Dave followed up the day after to ensure everything went ok. The entire process was a pleasure and I am and extremely satisfied customer.

Description of Work
Replaced my 10 year old failing ductless ac system.

Work Completed On 09/26/2017

09/17/2017

Cindy K.

Horrible. We hired them to design and install HVAC for a large project. The honeymoon stage of the sales went well and we trusted Keith Bell to guide us and make appropriate suggestions to support a 10,000 SF home with 8 zones. While everything seemed to be fine, it wasn't till we were living in the home did we learn what a disaster of a job they did. We were sold old, out of date units, the design was totally sub standard for the size of the home, we leaked freon constantly and spent every Summer for the first three years without AC. After numerous service calls to no avail, we finally hired another company and have replaced every air handler, condenser, thermostats, duct work, everything. There are so many really qualified, legitimate choices in Westchester. Bell is not one.

Description of Work
Design and install new HVAC for high end, brand new construction.

Work Completed On 09/17/2017

09/07/2017

Bob M.

I was impressed and inclined to contract Bell. I was outvoted by the actual homeowner who felt it better to stick with the fuel supplier with whom she had a long standing relationship. Everything about Bell seemed Top Notch and my confidence in them is high.

Description of Work
Replace ancient oil-fired furnace.

Work Completed On 09/07/2017

08/14/2017

Vic & Debbe S.

The installation went very well. When a part arrived damaged, they discovered the issue and had a new one delivered within an hour. The installers were very conscientious and took precautions to avoid leaving a mess. There were two relatively minor issues that we became aware of after the installation and Bell came back promptly and fixed them without complaint. I don't have a good context for the price, but it seemed reasonable in the context of my neighbor's installation and my previous dealings with them on service had been good.

Description of Work
Replacement of air conditioning system (outside compressor and handler in attic).

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

07/10/2017

Carl K.

It's good. But it's always hard to get an appointment with them when you call them. Everything else is fine. I guess they are busy. You have to wait a long time until they are available. For instance, my son called for an appointment and they said they would call us back when you move in your house. The house was available for them to do the work but they didn't want to come. I thought that was a little crazy. I guess they are a little busy but it's just hard to get an appointment. I have a plan with them,

Description of Work
Air and heating repair.

Work Completed On 05/15/2017

07/06/2017

Roger B.

Initially (15 years ago) they were responsive and did good work for which we paid them promptly. Over the years they have gone down, first they wouldn't stand behind their work, they sold their maintenance operation to a shady outfit that tried to claim $1400 for a $200 job and then were totally unresponsive when we asked them to install a humidifier wasting 6 months of our time.

Description of Work
We have used Bell several times over 20 years, Bell installed the HVAC system in our 4000 sq foot house and then modified it to use a ground source heat pump (we got off oil ).

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

Our last contact with Mr. [Member Name Removed] was in February 2015. The humidifier canister was bad and Bell recommended replacing the canister or installing a newer Aprilaire 800 humidifier to replace his old humidifier. Our service department was never sold. Bell has been servicing customers for 37 years. We are sorry you feel you have not received satisfactory service.

06/27/2017

Margaret R.

The 2 men that came barely spoke English. I explained the problem I was having. They were there for over an hour and did not fix the problem. They pointed to some "possible" problems. Honestly, they did not know what the problem was so how could they fix it. When it was clear to me that the issue was not resolved, I called another company which diagnosed the problem within 10 minutes and fixed it. I would not call Bell again for any heating or A/C services needed. I am very angry that I paid $129 for nothing.....live and learn. ************************************************************************************************************* The provider subsequently contacted me and apologized and will be issuing me a refund for the service call.

Description of Work
Checked the reviews on Angie's list before I hired. I needed to have a technician come an address a problem I was having. Half of my upstairs was cool and the other half wasn't being cooled at all or barely.

Work Completed On 05/26/2017

When Bell became aware this customer was not satisfied, we contacted her, apologized and refunded her service charge of $129 plus tax. We have since been called back to this customer's home and have satisfactorily completed another separate repair issue.

05/13/2017

Erik I.

They did a pretty good job. It went pretty quickly. The follow up was good, I guess. There was nothing that they could have done better for that service.

Description of Work
They installed a new furnace.

Work Completed On 05/13/2011

04/26/2017

William S.

They were very professional and did a great job.

Description of Work
Ductless AC installation in the entire house

Work Completed On 03/13/2017

01/16/2017

Nibedita R.

We finished our basement last year. At that time we upgraded our existing furnace so that we can heat both main floor and basement. Another HVAC contractor (not Bell Heating) performed this task and added two zone dampers for the two floors. After this work was complete, the main floor was always overheated. Since the original heating contractor refused to fix this problem, I contacted Bell Heating. George from Bell Heating explained that the zone damper for the main floor is stuck at open position blowing hot air all the time. The original zone damper was in a very difficult to reach position above a corridor and there were gas and drainage pipes surrounding it. George and his supervisor worked very hard to cut ductwork to extract the old zone damper and patched the hole. They ordered a new one to replace it. When the new one arrived, they placed the new zone damper in a position which can be easily accessed. This work involved repeated visits from Bell because the damper was not a size that is readily available in market. Now everything is working fine and main floor heating is again controlled by the thermostat as it should be. I am very pleased with Bell heating for fixing this problem.

Description of Work
HVAC Zone Damper Replacement

Work Completed On 01/09/2017

11/02/2016

Julie C.

Still waiting on answer. It's obviously not important to them.

Description of Work
One year after Bell installed a brand new HVAC unit, they have been back out three times to repair it. Blower motor, low refrigerant, two new thermostats. They can't answer basic questions as to why there would be so many issues with brand new equipment, other than to say sometimes the techs make errors. I regret ever selecting them for this expensive project. One year later and multiple issues --sounds like their techs have no clue what they are doing and have improperly installed my equipment. Never heard of a brand new system leaking refrigerant.

Work Completed On 10/24/2016

10/13/2016

Gerald T.

My 2.5 yo HVAC blower motor stopped working (installed by another vendor). Bell replaced the motor under warranty - we paid for labor. The new motor caused a new vibration in the blower. Omar was extremely helpful in diagnosing and fixing the new vibration.

Description of Work
My 2.5 yo HVAC blower stopped working (installed by another vendor). They blower motor failed and needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 10/13/2016

11/30/2015

Peter Z.

We recently used Bell to replace our central air system in our home. From start to finish the job went smoothly. The initial consultation was done thoroughly and professionally, measuring each room of the house to determine what size units we needed, etc. The price quoted was fair and reasonable. Once we said yes a start date was put on the calendar, when the date came Bell was there as promised and the job was completed faster than initially thought. They were clean, left no mess anywhere, professional, knowledgable and nice. Bell did a great job and i would highly recommend them. I did not grade them on quality because we have not actually used the units yet but I'm sure the units will function perfectly next summer.

Description of Work
replaced central air conditioning system in out house.

Work Completed On 11/10/2015

06/25/2015

Susan G.

He promised an estimate no later than 3 days. It's now 9 days and I've not heard anything from this company. It is obvious to me that they are not interested in having my business.

Description of Work
Keith Bell came to the house so he could give me an estimate for an air conditioning system.

Work Completed On 06/16/2015

Ms. [Member name removed], Please accept our apologies as we did send a proposal to you but in error wrote down an incorrect email address which has now been corrected. Once again, we do apologize for any inconvenience and if we can be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you, Keith Bell

09/01/2014

Cathy H.

Labor Day holiday and our a/c unit for the second floor isn't working. We called Bell and Roger was here w/I a half hour and the unit was working 25 mins later. We will definitely use them again. Thanks Bell

Description of Work
The upstairs central air stopped working.

Work Completed On 09/01/2014

07/17/2014

Darren W.

The sales guy met me at my house and reviewed the job. He only quoted the zoning in the main house. After several calls requesting the ductless system quote I gave up. Very unprofessional. Called the office and told the owner. He said that he would make sure that the sales guy calls me back... guess what happened! Nothing. Not worth hiring a company in this environment who doesn't bother to return calls on $8000 in sales. If they won't respond when there's an $8000 sale on the line, what happens when your heating system dies in the winter? I'd rather give my business to someone who will return a call.

Description of Work
Requested a quote on zoning/improving airflow on south side of house and installation of a hyper efficient ductless unit.

Work Completed On 05/30/2014

06/30/2014

Ingrida D.

They replaced our old system with a new one, it is working fine now. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They put in central A/C for us.

Work Completed On 08/21/2013

06/03/2014

Kate W.

We called for an estimate and the owner got back to us immediately. We had 3 other estimates and all 3 providers had different opinions on what size air conditioning unit we needed and whether or not we should install a return in our large basement. The owner came out and explained why we needed what we needed and how we'd get the most energy efficiency from an air return. They were able to do the installation within a few days. On installation day 3 guys arrived to do the work. They were punctual at 8:30am and worked through the day. They were very nice and cleaned up after themselves. We had a greta experience with Bell from start to finish!

Description of Work
We had a new air conditioning unit installed and an air return installed in our basement.

Work Completed On 05/03/2014