Handyman Andy

Founded 2005 • With Angi since December 2012

I am an experienced specialist, passionate about my job. Just read over a hundred reviews from my happy customers, so it confirms that. I provide high-quality service: - focusing only on your project, - always meeting deadlines, - using professional tools, - working with new generation

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

deck afterA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

handyman (107)woodworking (34)tile installation (32)home remodeling (26)door installation (24)general contractors (23)decks & porches (21)drywall (19)interior painting (18)plumbers (17)lighting (13)flooring (13)

05/26/2022

Tom T.

I recently needed to get a bathroom redesigned for a handicapped family member. This involved removing a tub/shower installation and installing a shower only for an easy walk in level. Andy was able to change this bathroom quickly and have it ready for owner returning home from a rehabiliation center. This made the 24/7 nursing care so much easier. Andy was able to change his schedule around and help us with this last minute project and it turned out beautiful looking also. Cellar damage from gutters were repaired to avoid a flooded basement and this corrected the damage down by gutters making a hole on both corners of the house and emptying straight into the cellar. Andy's troubleshooting saved this homeowner a lot of further destruction and costs. It was quickly fixed at a good price and cellar is now dry.

Description of Work
Create handicap bathroom & repair foundation damage

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/05/2022

10/30/2021

Daniel H.

Andrzej is excellent and fast. Once I saw him work, I knew I would not have to check everything he did. It was a small job, so it only took a few days. It's so hard to find a contractor one can rely on, and Andrzej is definitely one of them. Others have required constant monitoring, checking work, getting things done the way I want/asked for, tracking down, "Are you coming today?" etc. Andrzej shows up, gets it done the right way, and we can all move on with our lives. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Chase for fireplace

Category contractors, drywall, picture framing, siding

Work Completed On 10/22/2021

Review for Handyman Andy - 45 Finnish Ln, Lagrangeville, NY - 39527258

10/09/2021

alan Z.

Andy continues to improve and beautify this house and helps us make good decisions that are enhancing the house and are cost-effective.

Description of Work
We are renovating a 1850 house with the help of Andy. The house was in disrepair, so his first approach was to winterize the house. He pointed the foundation, repaired and replaced existing gutters that were causing water damage. He replaced a wooden cellar door with a metal one and replaced the wooden stairs to the cellar with concrete ones and faced the cellar door foundation with fieldstone. He also covered a part of our foundation that was cinderblock with fieldstone making the entire foundation unified and beautiful. He removed all the trees and brush from in front of the house to let in much needed sunlight. Our front entrance had no railings and he created cypress railing that are stunning and fit in perfectly with the 1850s house. Currently he is repairing a screened in porch with windows and trim that match the style of the house.

Category contractors, decks, picture framing, handyman service, masonry, remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 07/21/2021

07/18/2021

Kim G.

Everything went well , very honest about opinions on what to make your home look the best. He work soo efficient and on good times for one person It is amazing.

Description of Work
Basement bedroom add on, floor installed, water damage area fixed. Barn doors installed and bathroom vanity, lightings installed.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/14/2021

Review for Handyman Andy - 45 Finnish Ln, Lagrangeville, NY - 39407392

04/13/2021

Brian O.

it went smooth and well . Andy is very upfront and a man of his word . He was Insightful and gave me a few good ideas . he came when he said , did the job promised , and all went well

Description of Work
New floor , Door

Category contractors, ceramic tile

Work Completed On 04/13/2021

Review for Handyman Andy - 45 Finnish Ln, Lagrangeville, NY - 39292076

03/28/2021

Patricia E.

I called Andy for a large dog door installation to my house. Andy was quick to respond by phone and stop by for a measurement and estimate. Andy was very meticulous about doing an installation correctly without damaging any of the high tech dog door parts. I was very pleased with the airtight waterproof sealing and frame work to the outer wall of my house he did. Andy stayed longer to make sure the installation went right and that the automatic door worked without adding to the promised labor price. I was really impressed with the quality of Andy’s work and plan to hire him again for my other home projects. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Install dog door into house wall to outside yard

Category drywall, picture framing, handyman service, woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

Review for Handyman Andy - 45 Finnish Ln, Lagrangeville, NY - 39269818

03/16/2021

Suzanne Z.

I have used Andy in the past and this time I needed home inspection corrections for the sale of my home. Andy was able to handle the checklist with items ranging from hot water heater repair, waste drain pipes, water tank gauges to adjust water pressure, outside outlet re-install and a new toilet that he selected to address the water tank problem. This was all done quickly and in a cost effective way to make this a smooth project for me. Andy was able to understand immediately what needed to be done. I continue to use Andy for all my home projects and especially when I need a trouble-shooting approach. Angie's List has made home maintenance so easy. Andy is the best contractor for small projects or large as I have done both and I am very pleased with his excellent work.

Description of Work
Correct house inspection items for sale of home

Category contractors, ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, home inspection, lighting, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/12/2021

Thanks so much [Member Name Removed]

03/14/2021

nicole M.

12. Hiring Andy was a wonderful experience. I am truly thankful I called him to renovate my kitchen floor. He is extremely professional at what he does and also reliable and dependable. He gave me a very reasonable quote, the end result, exceeded my expectations. His attention to detail and overall work was more than I could have imagined. I will definitely be using his services for other projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen floor

Category flooring contractor, woodworking

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

03/03/2021

Marzena J.

Andy works on my projects like if it was his own home. Gives lots of options--my favorite instruction is for to make it last as long as possible for the best price. Everything comes out much better than I expected. Our front door project included diagnosing a gutter leak, redirecting/rebuilding the gutter, rebuilding the affected door jamb and adjacent wall, and custom building the little roof over the outside stairs entering our house. He did a beautiful job and we no longer have leaks. If you can get onto his schedule, he really is the best.

Description of Work
Custom awning over front door, kitchen ceiling repair, downstairs bathroom redone, laundry room, closets, custom wall mounted fireplace and tv

Category contractors, ceramic tile, closet systems, decks, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, custom furniture, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, house painters, interior painters, doors, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 02/28/2021

02/26/2021

Catherine R.

Andy is an excellent craftsman. He offers practical solutions to most any problem I've thrown at him! I don't want to write "too good" of a review because then he'll be too busy to do my projects! LOL Seriously, he has Old World Craftsmanship skills that are a rare find these days!

Description of Work
kitchen, lighting, hardwood floors

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/08/2021

Anthony S.

It went great! I would highly recommend Andy. Very professional, on time and exceeded expectations.

Description of Work
Tile back splash in Kitchen

Category ceramic tile, remodeling

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

12/10/2020

Omayra R.

Andy did an amazing job in installing glass backsplash in my kitchen. He installed porcelain tiles in the kitchen. Beautiful professional work and worked quickly and completed in time.

Description of Work
Backsplash and flooring installed

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, apartments

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

Review for Handyman Andy - 45 Finnish Ln, Lagrangeville, NY - 39078039

11/18/2020

Dan M.

When we decided to renovate our downstairs bathroom we immediately thought of hiring Andy for the job. He renovated a laundry room for us a few years ago and did an excellent job. He did an equally amazing job on our bathroom, everything from tiling the floor and walls to applying wainscoting, and installing the vanity, toilet, cabinet, lighting and ceiling ventilation. Andy showed up on time every day and cleaned up after each session. He’s very knowledgeable and came up with solutions to any obstacles he encountered. I highly recommend Andy to anyone needing renovations on their home or business.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

Review for Handyman Andy - 45 Finnish Ln, Lagrangeville, NY - 39031909

10/28/2020

Kyla M.

Andy was great. His work is excellent. He shows up when he says he will and does a great job. He offers many solutions and options and worked with us throughout the project on design and functionality. We are very happy with how both projects we hired him for turned out. He puts his heart into his work and you can tell. He even built us a custom dog shower which works perfectly in our laundry room. He installed everything beautifully from the vanity, to the drains that he customized. He helped us pick paint colors and install everything and the perfect height. He is very thorough and finished in a reasonable timeframe. I could tell he wanted to do a good job, since he takes pride in his work, and because of that he helped us design the perfect bathrooms/ laundry room.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel on first floor and finishing bathroom on top floor

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/24/2020

Review for Handyman Andy - 45 Finnish Ln, Lagrangeville, NY - 38984543

10/28/2020

David A.

excellent work done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/28/2020

10/09/2020

Susan S.

I am thrilled with the outcome! It looks better than I could’ve imagined. In an old house you never know what you’re going to get but Andy troubleshooted all the issues. His workmanship is outstanding in every way. He was friendly, accommodating, a complete professional. He was always prompt, contacted me when promised and the job was complete a day earlier than I thought! I would absolutely hire Andy again.

Description of Work
Tile bathtub surround remove old plastic.

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Review for Handyman Andy - 45 Finnish Ln, Lagrangeville, NY - 38935228

09/13/2020

Sarah H.

Installing new window, door, and entry step to a studio

Description of Work
Andy did a great job transforming our run-down backyard studio into a functional work space. He expertly laid out our options, never pushing us to do more than what was needed, and came up with creative solutions and work arounds as they arose. He worked quickly and diligently and we’re very happy with the final product!

Category handyman service, masonry, replacement windows, ceiling fans, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

09/01/2020

Suzanne Z.

Andy recently re-modeled my master bathroom with undercounter sink, LED lighting and a walk in shower with a rain showerhead feature. All along the way we discussed various options to improve the bathroom and with Andy's suggestions my master bath is beautiful and a room I love to spend time, relaxing. Outstanding contractor experience. Monika Stanley

Description of Work
Remodel master bath

Category handyman service, home remodeling, apartments

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

08/26/2020

Trevor K.

When I contacted Andy to set up the appointment he was very nice. He arrived at my home without a mask and when I asked him to put one on, he at first agreed, but then told me "if you think I will be wearing a mask while I am working in your home, we might as well end the estimate now." While I can appreciate how annoying it is to wear a mask while working, it is currently against the law not to wear a mask on a jobsite and Andy's method of telling me this was very rude and inconsiderate. He may be great at what he does, but I do not think his attitude makes him a good person to work with.

Description of Work
Installation of a tile shower stall

Category ceramic tile, apartments

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

07/02/2020

Anthony Z.

‘Handyman Andy’ is how you’ll find him listed on Angie’s List. However, ‘handyman’ really doesn’t accurately describe or do justice to the quality ‘craftsman-like’ work Andy actually does. If you’re thinking about hiring a true craftsman for your project, I’d suggest that you reach-out to Andy first.

Description of Work
I needed porcelain kitchen floor tile installed over a new plywood sub-floor.

Category ceramic tile

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

05/13/2020

Suzanne Z.

Andy was a phenomenal asset for me during my kitchen makeover. Many of my kitchen's features are all labor intensive and are not easy to execute such as hand-stained cabinetry and hand-crafted counters in porcelain resembling deep veined brown marble. I have counter and backsplash in this gorgeous tile and with my chocolate cabinets...it's stunning. My open shelves are almost 2 inches thick and made of red oak to accent my backsplash and rustic cabin walls. Along the way we ran into some challenges and Andy always had a solution and a perfect workaround to these issues. He put extra effort into everything and I love my kitchen and what a pleasure to cook due to this sensible layout that Andy created. If you want a custom look, Andy is a perfect choice for your next project.

Description of Work
Total Kitchen Renovation

Category ceramic tile, electrician, lighting, masonry, woodworking, home remodeling, doors, apartments

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

03/29/2020

Laura V.

Andy has been doing work for my family for years. We can always trust him to think creatively and to work diligently and with precision. He is knowledgeable and reliable, and he cares about producing quality work. He did a great job and will be back for other projects soon.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodeling

Category handyman service, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/05/2020