STONE STEDGE

Founded 1981 • With Angi since August 2010

177 MAPLE HILL DR

Kingston, NY 12401

***FOR FAST RESPONSE TIME PLEASE USE PHONE NUMBER LISTED*** Stone Stedge Artistic Stonework...Serving the Hudson Valley since 1981. We can add a touch of old art into your home with custom stone works for functional or aesthetic use. Stonework is all we do, and our quality of work lends elegance to

06/17/2019

Tricia M.

Doug and crew were professional, efficient, skilled and friendly. They did a great job, listened to the customer and communicated effectively throughout the process. They know what they're doing and laid out the stones beautifully.

Description of Work
walkways and patio

10/14/2018

Robert W.

It didn't go at all - Stone Stedge contacted me relatively quickly, but immediately told me that his backlog was at least a year long. I'm glad for them, but if this is the case, providing them as a service provider is useless - instead of providing two possible providers, I wound up with just one. If they aren't able to do the work due to their own workload, then they should not be in "your" supplier list.

Description of Work
Paver Patio Installation

10/23/2017

Melissa F.

I couldn't be more pleased. They were very creative, easy to work with, on time, on budget and high quality

Description of Work
Front entrance walkway and stairs

08/14/2017

Tricia M.

Great work on every level. Personable, professional, creative and helpful. The work is beautiful and when the job is done, the customer is assured that they'll stand by it.

Description of Work
Walkways and patio - broken flagstone.

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

07/20/2017

John P.

Doug and his guys did an outstanding job. They tore down the old wall and steps and dug out the flagstones on the walk. They cut back the yard to accommodate the backfill for the new wall. They then build a beautiful dry laid bluestone wall, with 5 massive solid bluestone steps, and a beautiful bluestone walkway. They were able to reuse some of the large block from the old wall and the rest of the old wall served as backfill for the new wall. In addition, there was one broken concrete step on the stairs leading up to the front door of the house. Doug and his crew broke that out and replaced it with a bluestone step. The crew showed up every day, weather permitting and worked hard. The were very responsive to my questions and concerns. It was really a pleasure to have them working here. Doug provided a clear and accurate estimate of the work to be done. I recommend him highly. I would not hesitate to have him do additional work for me.

Description of Work
I had an old stone retaining wall between my driveway and the front yard. The wall leaned badly and the front steps were falling apart. There was a 25 foot walkway across the lawn leading up to the front of the house. The wall and steps needed to be replaced. In addition, I decided to have the walk replaced as well.

Category excavators, masonry, hardscaping

10/13/2016

Cyrus M.

I really can't recommend Stone Stedge enough. Doug and his crew do beautiful, handcrafted stone masonry work. I have never been as happy with a home project as I was with the new front stairway they built on our home. Doug is also one of the most prompt and responsive contractors I have ever worked with. He responded to my calls, met with me when he said he would, and was incredibly quick in giving me a bid. Once the work began it was also finished in a reasonable time and on budget. I feel lucky to have found Doug through Angie's List and will certainly use him again.

Description of Work
Demolition and replacement of front stoop on house.

06/09/2016

David R.

Doug did an outstanding job. I would not hesitate to use Stone Stedge again. He built an 1,100 sq ft blue stone terrace and recreated two sets of stone steps. Everything looks like it has always been there. Looks great. Very professional. Finished on time. Site taken care of during and after. Money well spent.

Description of Work
Demo'd an existing 12'x12' stone and concrete patio. Replaced with an 1,100 sq ft blue stone patio. Included recreating two sets of stone steps.

01/08/2016

Barbara R.

12/10/2015

Amy D.

Description of Work
"Doug Stedge and his team did an outstanding job! They took apart my badly-built front steps and front path, and built a beautiful set of fieldstone + flagstone steps, along with a handsome bluestone front path. I loved their work so much that I had them build another bluestone path with steps to my back door. All my neighbors admire the work and ask me who built them. | |The team took care to protect my house and landscaping. Everyone was polite and friendly. Doug provided an estimate and a clear description of what would be done -- both were entirely accurate. I'd be delighted to hire them again."

Category masonry, hardscaping

06/11/2015

Bob K.

Description of Work
Doug is very busy and won't be able to do any work for me until September after he clears out his backlog. He seems like he really knows the stone business and is VERY professional. I'm looking forward to working with him.

08/26/2014

Ruth Z.

Doug and his crew did a PHENOMENAL job. The steps look amazing, everyone comments about them. And they were punctual and efficient, cleaned everything up, and did the whole job remarkably quickly. I would definitely call them again with any stone needs!

Description of Work
Replaced our front exterior steps which were falling apart cobbled stone steps with beautiful flat bluestone steps

Category masonry, hardscaping

10/29/2013

Janis D.

He redid my front steps and front sidewalk using existing blue stone and other bluestone. He made it wider and he demolished the existing concrete steps and built new steps out of bluestone. Beautiful!! He also did my back sidewalk in bluestone and where it originally was just a sloping sidewalk down a hill (and extremely slippery in the winter), he put in steps which makes it much safer in the winter and beautiful too. His workers were hard workers as well and very professional and friendly.

Description of Work
Front concrete steps were removed and replaced with bluestone. He also widened the front walkway. He did my back sidewalk in bluestone creating steps on existing incline.

06/20/2013

Lori M.

Doug and his team did a fantastic job. Their work was meticulous and it was exactly what I had hoped for and more. They completed the job in about one week. I predict I would only call Doug and his team if I needed stone work done in the future. Outstanding craftsmanship, job well done!

Description of Work
Replaced old walkway with stone.

Category masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

05/01/2013

Catherine O.

The guys were able to re-use the few remaining big old blue stone pieces as a border and made a gorgeous new stone terrace (formerly called the patio.) The guys were easy going, incredibly hard working in spite of the heat. They were done in no time and the clean up was excellent. A complete joy!!

Description of Work
Doug gave me a fine estimate for a 40 ft long 1 ft high stone wall and patio (300 sqft) and we agreed on start date in a few weeks. But it turned out that one of his other customers wasn't ready ($) and they started our job immediately. Which was great!! They were finished in only a few days!!

12/20/2012

Harold G.

The owner & I, met and discussed materials and design. He called me the week before the work started, it started on time, ended on time, under budget and looks great! "A Winner"

Description of Work
They took up my old broken sidewalk and created a new safe level walk according to my design.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, pavers, gravel

07/30/2012

Catherine O.

Lovely job, professional execution. The guys were energetic and good natured. Work moved ahead limited only by the weather. Each day the site was left neat and tidy. A new patio and walkway was laid using some older stones and cleverly blended with new bluestone. The tidying of other stone walkway and small walls added to the overall effect. A complete joy, start to finish!

Description of Work
New bluestone patio with 40' supporting stone wall and walkway

07/26/2012

Julian O.

Doug came out an gave an estimate and showed knwoledge of my landscape to make sure water ran away from the house.He and his crew came when promised, and did a good job. Built a flagstone stairway from the door, even though we hadn't figured it in and it looks great. Called the other day as the step was had come a little loose. Called right back and said he would be out soon to fix it and did.

Description of Work
Take up a 20/18 flagstone patio , level ground and relay.

05/24/2012

Daniel L.

Excellent experience with this company and the quality of their work! Very responsive, reliable and committed to their work. Very creative and craftsmanlike work. A pleasure to do business with. Reasonably priced - especially when you consider the quality of the work. I will definitely use them again and would not hesitate to recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Constructed stone steps in backyard. Reconstructed and repaired front steps and walkway.

11/12/2011

Martin C.

Great job, very professional.

Description of Work
Removed concrete from around pool and replaced it with blue stone.

Category excavators, masonry

09/30/2010

Martin C.

This was back breaking work requiring the old concrete to be broken up and removed by wheelbarrow, stone dust to be brought in by wheelbarrow and blue stone slabs to be brought in and cut to size. The crew was polite and considerate and all the work was carefully and expertly done. I have used this company before and because their work was so good I used them again for this project. I plan to have them back in the Spring for some patio work.

Description of Work
Removed old concrete around in ground swimming pool including the cement pad for the diving board. Repositioned existing blue stone slabs and cut to size additional blue stone to surround the entire 16X32 pool. Created new cement pad for pool ladder and bonded the ladder anchors and pool sides as required by code.

Category concrete repair, masonry

ML Landscaping

Specializing in Excavation, Landscape Installation, Storm Water Control, Land Clearing, Property Grading, Curtain Drains, Septic System Installation & Repair, Property Clearing, Boulders, Specimen & Privacy Tree's, Utility Trenches, Fill, Bulk Materials, Stump Removal, Brush Clearing, Serving Dutchess County & Putnam Counties. Please note: We no longer offer snow plowing, lawn maintenance or pruning.

European Craftsman and Remodeling

We are professional building and remodeling contractors. It would be our pleasure for us to serve you and make your home look beautiful inside and out. In process of doing that we make sure that your belongings are covered and protected. Our company is made out of reliable team members that strive to deliver perfection in every aspect and scope of the work. We are also consulting contractors which means that we are happy to help along the way in process of making all types of decisions for your project. We are also licensed and fully insured contractors. Give us a call anytime for a free consultation or estimate!

In and Out Excavation LLC

Here at In and Out Excavation, we can do anything from land clearing, rock hammering, septic work, grading, pool and foundation digs, Drainage services, and much more. Please call with questions on other services!

2022 Super Service Award

Stone Walls - Chiseled walls, country wall, free standing walls, garden wall, retaining walls •Stone Patios - Broken flagstone patio, cut stone patio, bluestone patio, fire pits, fireplaces, steps •Stone Walkways - Garden steps, stepping stones, cut stone, country sidewalk