B REITMAN BLACKTOP INC

Founded 1981 • With Angi since October 2006

1.8

**We have now expanded our Foundation Services**Long Hill Masonry has been providing a tradition of expert craftsmanship, quality and service for over 30 years. The company is owned and operated by Joseph Tavella, who himself comes from generations of masons. It is our goal to achieve the highest standard of quality in every project. We guarantee our workmanship for one full year, and most projects are payable upon completion of job take a look at our website at www.longhillmasonry.com

PLEASE GO TO MY WEBSITE TO SEE THE QUALITY JOBS I HAVE DONE. Randazzo Masonary Est since 1989 Specializing in custom, clean, quality cement, flat work, interlocking pavers, pools areas, driveways, and much more! Creating unique designs to fit your home. Reliable, dependable & beautiful. POOL AREA SPECIALISTS Expert installations with Nicolock or Unlock Pavers. Creating unique designs that will fit your home and your budget. Reliable, Dependable, and Beautiful!

A BBB ACCREDITED COMPANY Milestone Restoration Inc specializes in Masonry Restoration, Brick Pointing, Brick Restoration, Cement stucco ,Flat Roofing Installations & Repair, Slate Roofing Repairs, and work related to Hanging Scaffolding and Pipe Scaffolding Services. With good reputation and over 30 years combined experience, we know how to give homes and businesses that "like-new" appearance while ensuring your Safety. Our basic categories include: brick tuck pointing, brick siding, scaffolding work , natural slate roofs,and flat roofs (our specialty). We don't use sub contractors because we like to monitor and complete all projects ourselves. DCA License #1405707 Exp. 02/28/2023 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 2018 and 2019

03/02/2012

The service was very good, and they were very responsive. If only the patches were not coming up already, I would be 100% satisfied. All of the workers that I interacted with were very nice and pleasant. They were also responsive to anything I asked or needed.

Description of Work
I had them seal-coat my driveway, which was done very well. It made a big difference to the look of the driveway. I also had them do some hot patches, which were not cheap, but needed to be done. I was just noticing the other day that the some of the patches are already coming up. I did not have any snow plowing or anything on my driveway this winter, so this was very disappointing to see.

10/05/2009

They dropped asphalt all over my sidewalk and left. By the time I was able to call them back the asphalt had adhered to the sidewalk. They were able to get most of it off but not all of it. They called me a silly woman and asked me why i was bothering calling them back. The sidewalk is still discolored and has pockmarks from the asphalt.

Description of Work
I hired them to install a driveway for me.

06/24/2009

The job began in Nov. of 2008. We were not yet living in the house. They began the job on time, but not only managed to upset the neighbor by tearing up his grass and shrubs, but they also dented our garage door. On the second day of work they put up a Belgian block wall on the front steps side of the driveway where the brick planter had been. By the end of the day, we received a stop work order d...

Description of Work
Demolition of current driveway materials and brick planter, laying of Belgian block border for preparation of asphalt driveway, RCA laid on driveway.

02/09/2009

contracted with them to replace the asphalt on my driveway. they were very unprofessional in scheduling a time to do it. finally they showed up and ripped the driveway, but would not schedule for return to put the asphalt back on. whereas this is done in a day or a few days by others it took them 6 weeks before they finally rescheduled. I asked them to be there at 1 p.m. so I could leave my job an...

Description of Work
I contracted with them to replace the asphalt on my driveway. they were very unprofessional in scheduling a time to do it. finally they showed up and ripped the driveway, but would not schedule for return to put the asphalt back on. whereas this is done in a day or a few days by others it took them 6 weeks before they finally rescheduled. I asked them to be there at 1 p.m. so I could leave my job and be there to show them the trouble spots so they would give appropriate slant to prevent puddling when it rains or snows.they agreed on the time , but they showed up 3 hours earlier (without letting me know) and since I was not home jimmied and ripped open my garage door, invaded my home, moved my belongings and did a horrible job and left. when I called them they acted as if this was routine and I should be thankful. I asked for a police report, and thankfully since I had put the charges on credit card I refused to pay. they started calling my home and leaving threatenning messages on my answering machine. I resisted all their Mafioso threats. they even sent a couple of thugs to my door to tell me to pay up. I refused to pay. around a year later we went to court, and although I essentially had to rip off their work and accept double cost to do the job again by someone else, the judge allowed them to have the cost of their material. I wish I could say I taught them a lesson, but that would not be true. These sheisters do this everyday and get away with it. this is their M.O., and they are still very active in my neighborhood. he comes in and gives a low estimate but they do a kind of a job that in a couple of years you'd have to call them back. that is going to cost you 3 times more. I so wish I had Angie's list then, but I did not.I didn't even do my due dilligence to call the consumer affairs line and find out about the hundreds of claims against them. any one who reads these reports and history on Angie's list and still gives them the work has to be a "Moron".

10/31/2008

This is a terrible company. Everything they did was done wrong, took months to complete. It was only completed after we called the consumer advocate for Newsday. They contacted them and threated to write an article in the local newspaper about our problems. They then came back and "completed" the job. The first time they put the hot tub slab in they didn't use cement blocks and the sides was just ...

Description of Work
I contracted for them to build a new patio and re do my driveway and a new slab for a hot tub.

Category masonry

MASONRY: DESIGN AND INSTALL YOUR BELGIUM BLOCK, BORDERS, APRONS, INLAYS, PAVING STONES, CONCRETE OR BLUE-STONE. DRIVEWAYS, SEAL COAT, BELGIUM BLOCK, REPAIRS.