JOSH Landscape Co.

Founded 2000 • With Angi since April 2009

4.2

106 W Main St

Honeoye Falls, NY 14472

JOSH Landscape Co. is an award winning landscape company. Our mission is to provide uncompromising quality with unparalleled customer service, while exceeding our clients expectations every step of the way. With our four divisions we offer: complete landscape design and installation service, full

11/29/2017

Charly L.

Very well. Very easy and willing to work with us. Loved Ann’s plan. Neil oversaw the work and Umberto and Richard worked hard every day til project was complete. Had a great experience with everyone at Josh Landscape. Was impressed with their customer service.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

05/31/2017

Susan F.

We worked with JOSH to design and install our fire pit. Josh was willing to come out several times to figure out the best design and materials to use to fit with our existing pool and patio. When the crew showed up to do the work, they were very professional. Shawn, the person in charge of hardscape projects, contacted me every afternoon to let me know what had happened that day, if any issues had come up, and how things would progress. Overall, very happy with the work performed.

Description of Work
We had a fire pit designed and built.

Category hardscaping

[Member Name Removed] - Thanks so much for taking your valuable time to let us know how you feel and to trust us enough to pass our name on to others! We hope that your family creates lots of warm memories around your stunning fire-pit and seating area! Clients like you and reviews like these are the reason we as a team come to work each day! All the best! Josh

01/03/2017

Bob H.

Excellent.

Description of Work
Had a pool house, waterfall, fire pit, and grill built. Also had fencing and landscaping installed.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios, outdoor kitchens

01/02/2017

Jeff H.

Great job every year.

Description of Work
They do all our landscaping work. Edging and mulching and planting.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch

12/08/2016

Cindy W.

Josh Lawn Care is a professional local company with a personal touch. They work hard to meet our needs for both lawn care and snow removal. I appreciate that I can call Josh directly on his cell phone and he will deliver.

Description of Work
Annual lawn care and bed maintenance as well as snow removal at several commercial properties.

Category landscaping, mulch

12/05/2016

Jill M.

Josh Landscaping has excellently completed 2 major projects for us in past 3 years. The first was a front-yard paver walkway with landscaping & plantings in 2014. We were so pleased with the result that when we were ready to do our backyard project we called Josh. This second one was a major backyard project with 2 patios, an outdoor fireplace, a paver walkway with steps, and landscaping & plantings. Josh was super accommodating with our plan to split this into 2 phases: one completed in 2015 and the other completed in 2016. Working with Josh and his team, we got high quality workmanship and great attention to detail. I made some tweaks to design & plantings, etc. as we worked through the projects and Josh was flexible each time. You might find a less expensive landscaper to work with, but it is doubtful you will find better quality or service. We are very happy customers and highly recommend Josh Landscaping.

Description of Work
Front & Back-yard landscaping projects

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios, outdoor kitchens

12/02/2016

Jim P.

Josh and the crew delivered as promised.. They were very receptive to working with us during our design phase and even more impressive was working with us in the middle of the installation with some changes we asked for. If you want something done right, don't hesitate to call Josh Landscape..It's worth the time and money!

Description of Work
Retaining walls and paver patio were installed with proper drainage. Landscaping was done as well.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Hi [Member Name Removed]: Thanks for reviewing us. We're so glad you're happy with our work. Changes are all part of the process. We love helping our clients and always aim to meet every expectation. I've shared your comments with our staff to ensure we remain a high energy, responsive and proactive team for every client. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience and hope you call on us again. Josh

02/06/2016

John C.

Took a long time. Came out very good. Service though is not very good. Don't answer phone calls and not responsive in returning calls. Overall work quality was pretty good, but service not so good.

Description of Work
Stone paver patio

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

01/08/2016

KIMBERLY D.

.We paid a $5000 deposit and they never performed and work. Owner touts himself to be christian and customer service oriented when in reality he took our money and told my husband and I that we thought we were more important then their other clients because we asked them to show up and perform the work we contracted them to do. They told us they were coming to do the work and just never showed up.Not a trustworthy company.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

We appreciate the feedback. We would like to expand on a few of the comments mentioned in the review to provide more perspective to concerns. Please be mindful that the client chose to cancel the contract (and no work was performed). There was a 3 day delay in starting this project and the client chose to cancel when they were notified of said delay. The Designer, as well as the Owner of the Company, attempted to work with the client so the project could continue. However, the client continued to refuse to allow the project to move forward and their wishes were respected. JOSH Lawn Care & Landscaping was unable to start/complete the work due to client refusal. Landscaping is a very fluid business and there are many factors that can impact a start date, including weather. If a client cancels their contract, after the written grace period, deposits are non-refundable as stated in our written contracts. This is a standard practice within the industry. A deposit serves many functions. Among other functions, it reserves a slot in our schedule and protects us from losses due to turning other work away if someone chooses to cancel. It also covers design fees for the time a Designer spends designing your project, as well as any restocking fees that we have for product that has already been ordered in preparation for the start of a project. In regards to the comment about another landscaper referencing a supplier, this is merely unprofessional gossip from a competitor and we have dozens of trade references available to any client upon request. We would encourage the above client to reach out if they would like to discuss their business-related concerns directly with us. We would be more than happy to open a line of communication.

08/20/2015

Katherine W.

See above. It was great. My parents like the crews that have been out.

Description of Work
Josh has been there for us for all our projects. He does spring maintenance and fall maintenance, tree trimming, large tree planting, planning and planting landscaping around the house and is now working on the lawn and border of property. I get many complements from people who drive. He is in the process of restoring a much needed landscape. We live out of state which makes it very difficult to oversee all the time but Josh is there seeing to our needs.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service, hardscaping

Thank you for the feedback! it's been a lot of fun working with you every year on each new phase of your project!

08/18/2015

Ann S.

Josh Lawn Care and Landscape is the very definition of professional. Having had extensive landscape/hardscape work done over 32 years in this area this group goes to the head of the class. Hard to pick a professional when you have several come out and give quotes. Initially for us, we could dismiss 2 out of four-then we were dealing with the newcomer, Josh versus a provider who we had done work with for numerous years and were completely satisfied. In picking Josh, we had to say we felt we got the best value for the dollar. Their craftsmanship and workmanship is awesome, not to mention the crew that artistically put together our beautiful seat wall, patio, fire pit and front walk way. The landscaping from bed placement to plant selection was great! Back to the crew, the nicest, most polite and hard working I have seen, always a smile on their faces, happy to answer any question-and we had some! Josh, the owner came out initially to quote our job and we were impressed from the get go-and it takes a lot for us. Again professionalism and knowledge are hard to come by in this day and age and he literally answered every question and addressed every issue on that first visit. He presented a concise and detailed plan that passed our HOA with flying colors. He continued to be available for consultations and his work plan was followed to the letter-from deposit, to material delivery-to start date-to progress payments to final walk thru.

Description of Work
Complete removal of front concrete walkway and back yard poured concrete patio and wall. This also included complete new landscaping front and back, and a new fire pit. Walkway and patio/seat wall replaced with block stone and borders of complimentary color. Seat wall also installed with LED low voltage lighting, along with wiring/transformer for future additional low voltage lighting.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios, outdoor kitchens

08/12/2015

Sandra Z.

Description of Work
Install lawn (actually farmed it out) he lied to us repeatedly when we asked if his company installed lawns. Also did some hard scape. Said his work was not guaranteed but not until after work was completed. We were not pleased with the work on the lawn. We would warn other people to get everything in writing but better yet, don't use him.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

We would like to thank you for your feedback and extend an apology for any negative feelings you still harbor for our company. This matter has been resolved and closed in a State of New York Court decision, more than a year ago, and in favor of Josh Landscaping. As three years has passed since this project was completed and this matter was resolved in court, we are unable to offer a monetary or project resolution. However, we can offer an open line of communication with our company to discuss your negative feelings if you feel it would be beneficial. We feel it is important to note that this project had originally concluded on a very satisfied note, and months later after an additional project was also completed by our company with complete satisfaction, was the dissatisfaction with the lawn mentioned to us, which was installed a year prior. We would have preferred that we were contacted as soon as there were any issues so we could have discussed it and resolved it in a way that satisfied everyone involved. We did offer free repair to their concerns (even though it was found to be from erosion and things outside of our control and not covered under warranty). However, the client refused and wanted a full refund. In regards to resolution; this matter went to Court and Court did rule on this concern and determined that Josh Lawn Care and Landscaping did nothing fraudulent and had in fact fulfilled the contract signed by the client to the client's complete satisfaction. Additionally, the court determined our company was not at fault for any of the perceived issues with the project. With regards to the lawn installation – Our team spent multiple weeks on the property and dozens of hours of machine time and preparation time on their property for the various projects. Depending on our schedule, It is not uncommon to sometimes have a company that we partner with, deliver and spray the actual hydroseed only, in order to take advantage of good weather conditions. Hydroseeding (or hydraulic mulch seeding, hydro-mulching, hydroseeding) is a planting process that uses a slurry of seed and mulch. The slurry is transported in a tank, either truck-or trailer-mounted and sprayed over prepared ground. It is a commonly used way to seed a lawn over a large area quickly and effectively. Thank you

06/17/2015

James F.

Did an excellent job. I've always had good luck with Josh's, I've had them do my plowing as well. They are very professional, do excellent work and are very responsive to the customer.

Description of Work
Added some additional shrubs and edged and mulched all bedding.

Category landscaping, mulch

09/24/2014

Rick O.

Description of Work
I needed some general landscaping done, but the big project was to rebuild a sidewalk along the side of my house. I wanted to use the same bricks, but just pulled up, have the ground leveled, and then the sidewalk reinstalled. They did an absolutely outstanding job, and their work was top notch. I have them coming back this week to do much the same for the rest of the brickwork around my house. Great company. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

09/12/2014

Darlene S.

Ann does a fantastic job selecting plants and really listens to and remembers my preferences. We now have a front garden that is eye-catching, interesting and very different from other yards.

Description of Work
Landscape front of house, redirect and connect front downspout, provide maintenance service for front and back gardens.

05/31/2014

George B.

Description of Work
I last used them in 2010. They measured my yard to figure out how much to charge for the season - mowing approximately once a week. They were prompt, efficient, and always professional. I have a fair-size lawn, and they sent three people with two zero-turn mowers and a hand mower. I stopped hiring them because one of my sons wanted to earn some money and agreed to do my lawn. I paid him instead of Josh. If my son was unable to do my yard work, I would try to get Josh's Lawn Service again.

04/26/2014

Sandra C.

After calling Josh numerous times, he finally came out, agreed there was a problem and promised it would be fixed within 6 weeks. He never came out again.. We made more phone calls, which he usually wouldn't respond to. Finally the office claimed 'we were on the list', but never saw him until 4 months later when our lawyer sent a letter to have it fixed by a certain date. All he did was sent someone out to power wash it, but never did anything about the concrete falling apart or the color coming off. Since we talked with him about 8 months ago, our patio has cracks and looks worse than before. After realizing he was NOT going to stand up to his word, we contacted a lawyer in July, 2013. Josh called and told me HE was disappointed in US for calling a lawyer. He then sent someone out who power washed the patio, which didn't help the spalling and made it look worse. He worker promised to come out to re-surface it and no one ever did. We were left with a patio with no color, concrete falling apart, now major cracks and basically disgusting to look at. Finally we called our lawyer again in the beginning of 2014, who sent another letter to Josh, then processed papers to take Josh to Small Claims Court. On the court date, Josh never showed up at Court.

Description of Work
A stamped patio was put in in May, 2012. Within 7-8 months the paint was peeling off and the surface was starting to have spalling, where the concrete falls apart. He agreed there was a problem, but never came out to fix it until our lawyer sent a letter to him with a deadline to have it fixed. All he did was power washed it, which did nothing, and never met the deadline, nor fixed the patio.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, hardscaping, stamped concrete

We would like to apologize for your poor experience with us. This project was sold and installed by a employee that is no longer with us and after he left, there were several miscommunications with the follow up to your concerns about the cracks in your concrete patio. We can't go back and undo your frustrations or the problems you experienced, but all we can do is make it right. We are completely dedicated to our clients satisfaction. For that reason, as you know, we completely refunded you for your patio to show that we will always take responsibility for a problem. We thank you for working with us and once again apologize for the frustrations.

03/30/2014

Colleen A.

Description of Work
Total landscaping of property around existing house and new pool, as well as new paver driveway.

05/15/2013

Kimberly D.

Very well.

Description of Work
Matt came out to my house to discuss all the bushes, trees, etc and provided advice on the spot in some cases and helped me to understand the next steps to caring for some of our landscaping as well as planning for upcoming improvements. He was very nice and knowledgeable. I'm sure I will be using this company to help me with my lawn and landscaping projects. I had a recent experience with a local vendor that was so unwillingly to share knowledge and work with you on projects and this company seemed exactly the opposite and very open to providing services and assistance over time. Exactly what I need! Now maybe I can afford to work on some things this year.

10/26/2012

Douglas H.

Unfortunately, our hope of finding a single contractor to provide all needed services was not met by Josh Lawn Care and Landscaping. After a favorable first impression, we found on-going communication with company owner Josh Schmieder very difficult and most frustrating. Mr. Schmieder was unable to provide us with an adequately detailed scope of work description and mutually acceptable agreement prior to starting construction (one of our clearly articulated prerequisites). He also failed to address numerous corrections to his original Proposal as discussed, and failed to communicate effectively in timely fashion. After receiving more "trust me"s than substantive answers, it became evident that Mr. Schmieder either did not have the time, inclination or expertise needed to provide the level of pre-construction planning and the scope of work detail he promised to provide. Mr. Schmieder's failure to provide a complete or detailed scope of work description as agreed and relied upon left us in a position where we could not reasonably be expected to fully understand either the services proposed and the costs involved, or the responsibility and obligations of the respective parties. After many weeks of frustration and delay, we were forced to seek other more experienced contractors to complete our project. Mr. Schmieder refused repeated requests to return our $15,000.00 deposit and we were also forced to file a Civil Complaint in NY Supreme Court against him and Josh Lawn Care and Landscaping, Inc. for the return of our funds. A default judgment was entered in our favor and collection efforts underway. Based on our experience, we do not recommend this company. {EDIT} Judgement was entered on 25, January 2013. Company attorney subsequently filed answers after legal deadlines and court allowed. We reported our experience accurately, are 100% confident in our legal position and are prepared to present our documentation in the proper legal, rather than public, forum. We will not comment further on Angie's List other than to say we have no need to slander, embellish or misrepresent facts and, based on our experience, we do not recommend this company.

Description of Work
This deck reconstruction was part of a larger landscape project, which also included installation of new paver sidewalks, patio, retaining walls and landscape plantings.

Category landscaping, lawn service

Thank you for your feedback. This matter was settled and agreed on by both parties to a fair solution. All agreements have been kept and completed by both parties, resolving the issue. We strive to be professional and work with our client to make sure they are fully satisfied with the proposed project and maintain effective communication along the way. We would like to extend an apology in regards that you feel we were not living up to this expectation for you. At the time of cancellation, our company had more than 100 hours of time invested in the planning and design of the project. The crux of the complaint was that the client was requesting 100% refund of their non-refundable deposit. As a courtesy to the client in an effort to resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction, we had offered to provide the client's deposit refund less the billable hours our company had invested into the project. This offer was refused and the client subsequently filed in court. In regards to the court decision: both parties agreed to settle on a mutually agreed amount. Both parties followed through with the agreement and the issue or complaints have been resolved.

04/29/2009

BARBARA O.

He is very personable. He gives you a quote and stands behind the quote. If have any issue at all he stands behind you and corrects.He has been working for us for over 3 years.

Description of Work
He designed and built 4 retaining walls, landscaping, trees, bushes and he is now doing the organic lawn fertilizer services, mulching, weeding and he also does snowplowing.

Category landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, mulch, tree service, hardscaping

Thank you! It has been a pleasure for our team to do business with you through out the last 6 years!

Brockman Tree & Lawn Care LLC

Locally and Family owned and operated by the Brockman family with over 70 years of hands on experience. We do not use sub-contractors for any of our landscaping, fertilization, or lawn & yard work projects. We also offer a warranty for any seeding job and guarantee visible results with our lawn care programs. We offer online bill pay and account management. All customers get a call ahead for lawn care service so you know when we are coming.

Offers by Brockman Tree & Lawn Care LLC on Angi
    Universal Paving and Concrete

- Universal Paving and Concrete specializes in asphalt driveways and stamped or broom finished concrete jobs. Our usual job types are driveways, patios, walkways, garage floors, basement floors and things of that nature. - We strive for perfection at UPC and our jobs will be complete your job in a timely fashion. We at the same time will spend the extra time and energy to make the job perfectly tailored to each customers needs. - UPC has been in business for over 10years. We are a family run company made up of a father, daughter, and son in-law. We have a great dynamic with good communication between each other and the customers we work with.

Dry Bottoms Masonry & Home Improvements

Dry Bottoms Masonry is a small family run company... Specializing in basement waterproofing and cement framework, such as patios, garage floors, sidewalks, driveways, and our own special forever cement landscaping (call to inquire)... We have a small crew with small overhead which allows us to pass the price cut down to our clients... We guarantee estimates and prices lower than our competitors anywhere from 10-20%!!! We also offer warranties of 20-50 year on any basement waterproofing or drain tile system installation.... Contact us today for any of your needs, we guarantee to beat any quote and you'll get a better product and even better service than the big box companies! Thank you for your interest in our company!!! 585-794-7353 (Ask for Angel)

Offers by Dry Bottoms Masonry & Home Improvements on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Gutter cleaning, painting

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about JOSH Landscape Co.

How is JOSH Landscape Co. overall rated?

JOSH Landscape Co. is currently rated 4.2 overall out of 5.

What days are JOSH Landscape Co. open?

JOSH Landscape Co. is open:

What payment options does JOSH Landscape Co. provide

JOSH Landscape Co. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express

Does JOSH Landscape Co. offer free estimates?

No, JOSH Landscape Co. does not offer free project estimates.

Does JOSH Landscape Co. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, JOSH Landscape Co. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Does JOSH Landscape Co. offer a senior discount?

No, JOSH Landscape Co. does not offer a senior discount.

Does JOSH Landscape Co. offer emergency services?

Yes, JOSH Landscape Co. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by JOSH Landscape Co.?

Yes, JOSH Landscape Co. offers warranties.

What services does JOSH Landscape Co. offer?

JOSH Landscape Co. offers the following services: We offer repair, design, maintenance and installation of landscapes and hardscapes. This includes: gardens, lighting, water features such as waterfalls & ponds, patio & walkway construction. We also offer full lawn and landscape care packages as well as seasonal services including snow plowing, spring cleanup and leaf removal.

Are there any services JOSH Landscape Co. does not offer?

Gutter cleaning, painting