United Exteriors

Founded 1996 • With Angi since September 2010

45 Osborne Hill Rd

Fishkill, NY 12524

Having peace of mind about your home improvement project, is what we care about. Our home is to most of us our biggest investment in time and money. GREAT VALUE = quality work, clear and timely communication, courteous service. Call us at United Exteriors, ask to speak with Josh or Mark. We have installed more quality roofs in the Hudson Valley than anyone else. Let us help you get the most VALUE out of your next home improvement project. Joshua Pendergraft-Smith founded United Exteriors in 1996 while attending the College of Charleston. Nearly 20 years later he is still at the helm with craftsmen who have grown with the business; growth based on quality work, clear and timely communication, courteous service, = GREAT VALUE. This is not a job for me this is my passion. Tidbit – All contractors should do a day before walk thru and a final walk thru. To make sure you know what your getting and how the process should work. So the question is: On the last project you had done on your home did they provide that type of Service?...

08/15/2018

Diane D.

Second time I had an appointment for an estimate for roof replacement. No call no show. Would not even bother with this company.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

[Member Name Removed], I apologize greatly for this lack of professionalism on our part. I as the owner take full responsibility for my staffs actions. We should have been upfront with you and told you that you were just too far away for us to service. Your residence is about an hour away from us. Our service area is at max 40 minutes. I will discuss with the office staff so that this does not happen again. I sincerely wish u good luck in finding someone closer to your area. Sincerely Joshua S. Owner of United Exteriors

05/06/2017

Carol R.

I received five proposals and was happy that I choose United Exteriors to replace my leaking roof. Josh walked me through the entire process making a large home improvement a breeze. Josh and his office staff were available for my questions and made sure that nothing was missed. The best surprise was the entire job was accomplished in one day, including replacing wood, while other contractors said it would take two days or even five days. The roofers were excellent and they tented the house, not to damage the siding. The truck they used to take away the trash was not a dumpster, that would damage my driveway. Cleanup was excellent. I can not say enough about a job well done. Thank you Josh and United Exteriors.

Description of Work
Roof replaced, including wood.

03/27/2016

Lisa T.

I early August 2015, I was looking to buy a house. I hired United Exteriors to come and look at the roof and provide me with their professional opinion as to the roof's condition. I thought it would be best to have people in that did roofs every day, as they would be the experts, especially since home inspectors do not usually climb on top of the roof to take a look. In my opinion, the roof is the most important thing on the house, and of course I wanted to make sure it was in prime shape. In fact, I explained to the worker when he arrived how important his findings were, and that the roof was one of the deciding factors in purchasing this house. He climbed up and took a look. He said that while the roof was not necessarily "pretty," it was fine, and that I should not anticipate any issues. He explained that United Exteriors would have used different materials, but any issues were superficial. Based on this professional opinion, I went ahead with the purchase of the house, feeling secure in that the roof had no issues based on what I was told by United Exteriors after the roof inspection. Fast forward to early January 2016 when I noticed one morning that a large piece of tar paper had blown off my roof. Looking up, I saw there was a whole sheet blowing in the wind from the top of my barn-shaped roof. I immediately called several roofers to come and take a look, feeling that I should not call for United Exteriors' opinion since they said it was fine to begin with. The verdict? The roof was definitely not fine, and had not been since its installation. I was told that any professional should have been able to see that the incorrect materials were used, and that they were improperly installed. I hired another company to replace that roof. That's right - it did not just need repairs, it needed an ENTIRE REPLACEMENT. It was a mess, with water damage and wood rot. I love my house, but had I known I'd be replacing the roof less than six months after closing, the actions I would have taken before closing would have been very different. The purchase of my home was one of the most important decisions of my life, and United Exteriors' professional opinion was a major factor in that decision. I paid them for this service believing I was getting practical, informed advice about the roof's condition. Instead I got a headache.

Description of Work
United Exteriors was paid to give their professional opinion about a roof's condition BEFORE purchasing a house.

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for bring this to my attention. I am the CEO of United Exteriors and take this complaint very seriously. Please let me review the details over the next couple of days. And I will respond once I have all the facts. I will also try reaching out to you directly. I want my company to be the very best at what we do. When one of our customers has a bad experience, no matter what the circumstances is I want us to LEARN and handle it better the next time. So again thank you for bringing this to my attention. Joshua Smith CEO

12/13/2015

Robert D.

At first it went ok. The 2 gentlemen are the backbone of the crew. Mark is a good however he seems to short order the amount of siding needed for the job. I say this due to a comment made were he fell short on another job.He ran short on the front side of our house and waited 2 weeks for the siding, due to a holiday. My take is buy an extra at todays price and use it later and this will keep the customer happy and the company makes a little more $ )Bottom line is you have to like Mark, he is not trying to rip you off, he is a good man.) Our home looks great at the end and that is what counts!

Description of Work
siding & shutters

[Removed Member Name] , Thank you so much. Your comments are taken to heart. And I agree with your assessment of the situation. We need to order a little bit more. Thank you for being so understanding. Your house really did turn out beautifully. Thank you for being repeat customers of United Exteriors, I promise if next time we do any work for you or for anyone for that matter we will order a "lil extra". I will also pass your words on to the guys. They appreciate the feedback. They take a lot of pride in their work. Joshua Smith CEO

09/29/2015

william F.

On 9/15 I called to have provider give an estimate. On 9/16 Mark came out, inspected the roof and said he would get back to me on 9/21 with an estimate ( I was away until the 20th). On 9/22 still no estimate. I called again and Mark said he had been busy and would have an estimate to me by the end of the day. Now a week later and still no estimate, nothing.

Description of Work
Nothing

07/29/2015

Kathleen M.

Fixed initial leak so we thought, but a few days later after a heavy storm some water is still coming in through the same spot. We have sent a handful of emails indicating such and text messages to Mark to fix this issue and no response. We finally made a called to the main office and left a message with secretary for Mark and we have still yet get a response. I'm assuming once full payment is made the company no longer cares for our/your business. We are very disappointed in the way the company has handled us a customers.

Description of Work
Fixed leak in roof valley

( members name removed), I want to apologize but I think you have the wrong company. I am the owner of United Exteriors and we went through all of our estimates and jobs done and your name does not show up. I also googled your address and it is showing up as a apartment complex with no valleys. Please call my office directly I would like to get to the bottom of this. Sorry that you are having such a bad experience.

06/24/2015

John G.

Had an excellent experience with United Exteriors. I got 3 estimates and United Exteriors was right in the middle. Mark was there for us whenever we had a question, the crew worked hard and did a great job, they were also very reasonable when it came to replacing any rotted wood they found and provided photo and video evidence of any issues and addressed them with me prior to them fixing it. They left the jobsite neat and clean and were very respectful and courteous. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed a new roof

03/26/2015

Ninamarie C.

We initially chose United Exteriors because after meeting with Mark we were impressed by the level of professionalism, knowledge, and friendliness of he and the company. We were presented with every bit of information we needed to make a decision and he was able to explain everything and answer any questions seamlessly. He showed us all the options and colors available and made things so easy for us. He had a contract that spelled out everything that they were to do, all materials to be used, all stipulations, and the cost. Again, very professional and thorough. I have never in my life dealt with a more seamless, professional, and easy contractor in my life. I'm serious. I think start to finish it probably took us 20-30 minutes from the time he got there to the second we signed contracts and were finished. They started a week later on schedule and were done in ONE day. I'm not joking, the entire roof including clean up was completed in a day. We got home and it looked beautiful. No mess, no debris. Mark came back shortly after the work was completed to check it out and make sure it was done to our satisfaction and we paid the balance. That's it; simple, easy, and PAINLESS. Couldn't be happier with this company and with our roof. It looks great. And let me say, after a long, snowy winter, our roof looks as great as it did when they first installed it. No leaks =).

Description of Work
Complete removal and reinstall of our roof. We also had several pieces of molded plywood under the roof that needed to be replaced.

03/12/2015

Steven L.

It was great they were professional.

Description of Work
$99 for a Roof Tune-Up and $100 Repair

08/05/2014

JOSEPH S.

JUST THE KIND OF COMPANY I WANTED TO DEAL WITH, ORGANIZED AND EXPERIENCED FROM THE PROFESSIONAL PROPOSAL, INSTALLATION AND ABILITY TO ACCEPT THE PROPOSAL AND PAY ONLINE. PRICES IN KEEPING WITH MY BUDGET AND CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE COMPETITION, (LEGAL COMPETITION) EVERYTHING CLEANED UP AS IF THEY HAD NOT BEEN THERE EXCEPT FOR THE NEW MATERIALS INSTALLED.

Description of Work
RE-ROOFED WHOLE HOUSE AND PROVIDED AND INSTALLED 5 REPLACEMENT WINDOWS AND ALSO A REPLACEMENT PATIO DOOR

Category roofing,replacement windows,doors