White Star General Contractors

Founded 1998 • With Angi since December 2014

With over 15yrs of professional contracting experience, we are a family owned & operated, full service General Contracting company specializing in all of your remodeling needs. We are highly skilled, extremely professional and will treat your job as if it were our own! We have designers on hand if needed to ensure your project goes above and beyond expectations! We stand out because we treat every customer with the utmost respect and our work speaks for itself! Contact us today for your free estimate! We look forward to servicing you! ...

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+9 more images

Central Park West Apartment Gut renovation

Central Park West Apartment Gut renovation

hardwood floors201910023
Renovation of one bedroom apartment in Central Park West. Changed certificate of occupancy

general contractors (13)home remodeling (9)interior painting (8)woodworking (6)electrician (5)drywall (5)tile installation (5)countertop installation (4)basement remodeling (3)plumbers (3)hardwood floors (3)marble & granite (2)

07/13/2022

G T.

White Star is knowledgeable and cost is commensurate with the market price. The contractor has all the tools and parts needed for the job. The contractor is professional in doing work to NYC code, timely, thorough, as well as, holding to engineering ethics. White Star was on site daily to finish job in a timely fashion, which limits any anxieties.

Description of Work
bathroom shower pan repair/ upgrade

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 06/03/2022

Thank you for good word and feedback, we always there for our clients.

05/10/2022

Vlad P.

We hired Vadim and his team to do some small renovations in our apartment. (Painting of all apartment walls and ceilings, installing Vinyl Tile flooring throughout, relocating a closet). Not only was the job completed ahead of schedule, it was done beautifully and our apartment looks great! The guys all wore masks and kept distance which was really reassuring. Vadim made sure to always keep in touch with us on updates during the renovation and always asked for our opinions on the project. We really appreciated the constant contact and helpful ideas he had!

Description of Work
flooring, painting ,walls, doors

Category remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/01/2021

Thank you for being our client. Thank you for good words

05/03/2022

kristina S.

It was amazing and I'm very happy to meet White Star Contractors. They did everything very quickly very responsive very professional. The project was completed before the time frame.

Description of Work
Renovated the bathroom in the basement and paint the entire house

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

05/02/2022

Mira J.

Extremely professional and thorough . Perfectionist in the best way. The project came in on time and under budget. It save me money.

Description of Work
2 bathroom re-done

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

thank you [Member Name Removed] for beyond our client.

04/30/2022

Samantha B.

Vadim and his team are amazing. They do excellent work and are efficient, quick, trustworthy and meticulous. Not to mention kind, accommodating and pleasant to be around. Vadim saved us about a year after we got burned by another contractor, and since then he’s become our go-to after a beautiful bathroom renovation. most recently, he built and installed custom cabinetry for our bedroom and we could not be happier with the result. hire him!

Description of Work
bathroom renovation , cabinetry , interior painting

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 05/11/2022

04/30/2022

Drew B.

These guys are the best. We’ve worked with a lot of other contractors and will never work with anyone else again. They stay on schedule, they communicate and explain, they work hard nonstop, and they are excellent at their craft. We recommend them to everyone we can and will continue to work with them for anything we need.

Description of Work
bathroom renovation, interior painting, cabinetry

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/30/2022

Thank you for being our clients and for good words.

04/28/2022

Linda S.

We consider ourselves very fortunate to have found White Star for our work and we would hire him again without hesitation. This was a renovation in a landmarked brownstone, caused by a fire that destroyed two bathrooms, hardwood floors and central staircase walls. Brownstones are quirky and and there are always challenges as construction occurs. Vadim is very detail oriented, highly communicative from first meeting all the way through project, and he and his team are fast and have meticulous attention to detail. Vadim is a creative problem solver, and has a great eye for design as well. He is on the project every day, checking on progress and doing hands on work himself. The extra wrinkle to this story is that although the property is in Brooklyn, we - the owners - live in california. We hired Vadim based on the strength of his reviews, the pictures of his work, and the detailed assessment he gave us as to the work that would be needed for our place to restore it. We did have the opportunity to meet with Vadim in person on the site. We traveled there so that after demolition, we could jointly assess with him whether our original plans needed any adjustment. After that visit, we were so comfortable with Vadim's professionalism and skills, and those of his team, that we did not travel back to the site until after the project was completed. Vadim is highly communicative via text, email, phone calls and facetime, so we were able to track the progress and troubleshoot with him even being across the country. He was a pleasure to work with all the way through the project. He often pointed out small details that he would take care of that we had not thought to ask for, but made a huge difference in the beauty of the finished product. We were finally able to go see the work in person and there is not one fault to find in any of the work he did. It looks even more beautiful in person than in pictures. Bottom line: amazing work and so pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
gut renovation of two bathrooms , repair of major damage to walls and baseboards throughout house caused by fire department, replacement of hardwood floors, interior painting including central staircase - all done in a landmarked brownstone

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/30/2022

Thank you so much for good words and being our client.

04/28/2022

kristina S.

We hired White Star General Contractors for our bathroom renovation and basement. We had multiple horrible experiences in the past and when we met Vadim we knew right away that we can trust him with our project. Vadim gave us an estimate the same day and was very responsive.Vadim and his team did an amazing job, we can’t be happier. We have been recommending White Star General Contractors to all our family and friends. Truly the best contractors company you can find.

Description of Work
basement renovation , bathroom renovation, interior painting

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

Review for White Star General Contractors - 2457 E 19th St, Brooklyn, NY - 39715454

Thank you [Member Name Removed] do bussines with us. And thank you for good words.

01/19/2016

Susan S.

Description of Work
this review is for the consultation only.

11/20/2015

Claudia G.

He came out and he looked but it took him awhile to get back. He talked to me about options and it was fine. He wasn't, he was good.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 09/30/2015

11/19/2015

Tyrone S.

Visit went mediocre, with them telling us to to take time to decide and never completed promised renderings. After several attempts to contact them for the promised worked, they told us to get a refund from A.L.

Description of Work
Came for consultation and measurements.

Work Completed On 10/09/2015

11/10/2015

Michael J.

Description of Work
The company canceled it association with Angies list and I called your number and requested a refund. Which you gladly gave me. I'm surprised your different department aren't in touch with one another.

Category contractors, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/10/2015

10/21/2015

Ellyn I.

Description of Work
Service provider came by to do the job but did not do what the deal was supposed to include. Member wants refunded. Member needs to be called instead of emailed. number is 917 865 2578.

07/09/2015

stacey M.

We used White Star General Contractors (Don/Vadim) to gut renovate our kitchen/dining room and living room during the Spring of 2015. They did an excellent job throughout and we are thrilled with the outcome. After 11 years our apartment feels brand new. Throughout the process Don and Vadim acted in a professional manner and our trust in them was rewarded time and again. In our experience they possessed all the key traits that go into a reliable contractor: -Excellent skills with a dedication to doing it the right way -They kept their word: did what they promised, in the manner they stated and in the time they defined -Tireless commitment to making the process easier for our family in terms of clear communication, managing expectations and cost management -A commitment to treating the job as if it was their own apartment -Over and over they went the extra mile for us - - even making an unplanned trip to IKEA during a late winter Blizzard We plan on using them again for our bedrooms/bathrooms and would recommend these guys without hesitation to friends and family. In fact we already have.

Description of Work
Kitchen/dining room and living room renovation

Work Completed On 02/28/2015

03/15/2015

Howard R.

Vadim and Don are the owners of White Star GC and know what they are doing. By merely taping certain tiles and listening to the sound, they knew where my leekage problem lied. And when they removed the tiles, you could see where the water was seeping behind the tiles. They removed 5 horizontal rows of tile all around the tub, installed new wonderboard, then re-tiled, grouted and sealed the entire area. They were neat and cleaned up after each days work, and the job looks professionally done. They hung a plastic sheet after each day so we could take showers. I'll be using Vadim and Don for additional projects.

Description of Work
Re-tiled bathroom tub perimeter

Category contractors, ceramic tile, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/20/2015

02/07/2015

Elaine O.

I worked with Don, who is also an accomplished fine artist. This proved an invaluable asset. He made suggestions along the way, from the selection of wall colors (yes there are thousands of whites), and period-appropriate floor molding, to casting the deciding vote on 2 countertop contenders. He supplied the fabricator for the kitchen countertop, who did an impeccable job. I was not aware of the original materials used in the apartment's door moldings because they were covered in 80 years' worth of paint - Don pointed out they were metal and brought them back to their original lustre - an architectural highlight. Don is a true craftsman as well, and stickler for detail - which was good since I am a perfectionist and can be a contractor's worst nightmare. He also took great care in protecting my possessions during the renovation, including an expensive rug which stayed in the apartment while the work was being done. The cost of work is approximate because cost of some materials is included along with cost of service. The completion of the renovation was coordinated with an international event which I was hosting at the apartment, and Don saw to it that all was done in time, even helping me to hang the art on the walls "salon style" - definitely above and beyond what one expects in a contractor. I have subsequently recommended Don to friends.

Description of Work
Complete gut and renovation of Manhattan alcove studio. New kitchen, new bathroom, restored hardware to original pre-war Art Deco authenticity and beauty. Also refinished hardwood floors, installed new drywall, built closet shelving, installed new electrical fixtures throughout. Provided valuable artistic opinions and suggestions throughout the whole process. Basically made the apartment an Art Deco showplace.

Category contractors, countertops, drywall, electrician, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/15/2012

02/01/2015

Maggie R.

I am very pleased with the work that Don and Vadim from White Star General Contractors completed in my Upper East Side Manhattan apartment recently. My initial reason for hiring them was to replace the already existing closet doors which were not good quality to these beautifully cherry stained solid wooden ones. They ordered all the flat panel wood from the lumber yard and custom cut them to size, as well as provided options for stylish knobs and hinges from Simon's and Gracious Home. This one change in upgrading all the doors (closet, bathroom, and bedroom) makes a huge difference in the overall appearance of the entire space and I couldn't be more pleased with their work. In addition, I also had a modern style sliding (pocket) door installed which serves as the partition in creating a 2nd bedroom separating from the main living room space. Prior to embarking on this project with White Star, I researched and visited manufacturers' showrooms for sliding/barn doors in Manhattan, ie. Sliding Door Company, Raydoor, and was discouraged by the exorbitant cost and amount of work it would entail. After Don and Vadim completed the replacement on my other doors, they explained to me how they could build a highly functional pocket/sliding door that would be a beautiful modern style, affordable, and without the massive mess which I had in mind. They built a stunning sliding door (pocket) with an opaque glass serves as a great partition in seamlessly converting a living room or any room into another room. The special type of glass that they installed is great because when the door is closed it maintains the privacy in the bedroom while allowing the natural light into the living room. For my child?s newly created room, Don and Vadim also built a custom closet with similar solid flat panel doors of natural wood finish and Elfa unit (from the Container Store). I highly recommend using contractors to custom create a closet unit verses the marketed closet companies, which I have previously used (easyclosets.com) as they do not compare in the quality and cost. I?ve never used California Closets, but I also think their quality is not worth the cost. Since it is very common to convert apartments in NYC to create additional bedrooms, I highly recommend speaking with these contractors as they are experienced with different ideas on how to do so in way that is functional without compromising the space and style, while working within your budget. Finally I had a large amount of skim coating and painting of the walls, moldings, ceilings in my child?s room, living room and dining room completed. This was not part of my initial plan, but I decided as these contractors were already repairing areas of the walls from the already active projects. It only made sense, plus there were quite a bit of cracks and uneven areas. Skim coating is a significant investment? in time, mess, and cost, yet the final results truly elevates the look of the space (walls like clear glass!), that it makes it completely worthwhile. The process did not seem so bad in the long run. White Star was very mindful that my child and I, (and cat) were still residing in the space during this work. This is something done once every four years or so, so it is worth for anyone who wants upgrade appearance while living in their home or adding value in selling. Don, one of the partners, is also an artist which is a plus and not typical of other contractors. Therefore, he has a significant breadth of knowledge on design and interior style. He opened my mind into the idea of adding color in the living room walls, as well as his eye for details which most contractors may lack. Overall, both Don and Vadim are very diligent, honest, skilled and talented contractors whom I highly recommend for anyone to trust in working on their residential or commercial projects.

Description of Work
I had an extensive project in my Manhattan apartment completed by White Star General Contractors recently. They replaced mostly all the original interior doors of the closet, bedroom and bathroom to beautifully stained flat panel solid wood ones and modern style hardware. They also built and installed a very functional and modern style sliding pocket door and wall which serves as part of the partition for my child's room separating from the living room. In addition, they built a custom closet with solid wood doors and installed elfa units to fully create a functional 2nd Bedroom. Lastly they skim coated and painted most of the rooms and ceilings as well as did electrical work.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/02/2015

01/29/2015

Kerry S.

Don is absolutely terrific. He renovated much of our classic 5 on West 82nd Street and then brought his talents to the brownstone we purchased in Harlem. Don is a true craftsman with a designer's eye. He brings ideas, executes design details and workmanship. Our two projects wouldn't have been the same without him. He and his team are efficient, reasonably priced, and Don is truly reliable and very trustworthy. Perhaps the greatest thing he did was teaching our beloved Max to do many tricks! The dog loved him more than anyone. When the work was done the dog went into a depression! WIth all seriousness, you can't go wrong with Don. You'll get top notch work, no corners will be cut, the quality of work is outstanding. He's affordable and pleasant to have in your home while work is going on.

Description of Work
Gut renovation of Harlem townhouse.

Category contractors, remodeling

Work Completed On 01/01/2012

12/27/2014

Linda S.

Don was wonderful to work with. Very creative, with great ideas and suggestions. He was always conscious of my budget and worked with me on all price points - cabinetry, shelving, tile, granite, paint - everything! He was also very helpful in the sense that his crew knew their crafts well, and more than a few times, made repairs here and there that really finished and complimented the the work beautifully.

Description of Work
Remodeled my dark and narrow gallery kitchen to let more light in and expand my counter space. Built beautiful shelving for extra storage underneath the new kitchen counter and created interesting touches to make the design fresh and unusual. He also removed a bathtub in my master bathroom and in its place, installed stackable washer/dryer and built a beautiful L-shaped counter with drawers and extra storage underneath. He also built a compete shower out of what had been an empty closet space. It is beautiful and absolutely tranformed our apt. The crew also painted the entire apt.

Category custom cabinets, contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/01/2013

12/26/2014

Tatyana M.

I hired this company, because a friend of mine reffered them as reliable and honest construction guys in the area. The office space I've rented this September was in horrible condition. I needed the walls to be re-painted, ceiling fixed, and floor works to be done. Ceiling was fixed: they put new material and adviced us to change the lamps position in order to make them look more elegant. The walls were fixed and repainted. The floor was covered with tiles and they put the hardwood floor over it. We laso had a problem with the door, because the building is old. They fixed the space around the door and now it opens without a problem. The guys also did simple electric works: they placed new ceiling lamps, lamps in restroom and kitchenette. For the amount of money we paid, they did a really great work for us. Communication with them was very good. The works were completed in time, as promised. If you have any questions or would like to see the pictures before and after, please, contact me at: 718-676-4537 or email me at: apolingsolutions@gmail.com

Description of Work
General office repair work. Office space renovations.

Work Completed On 09/15/2014

Review for White Star General Contractors - 2457 E 19th St, Brooklyn, NY - 23994865

Contact

Phone

2457 E 19th St

Brooklyn, NY 11235

Website

Swimming Pool Construction, Janitorial & Chimney Cleaning, Landscaping, Exterior Painting, Exterior Work

2018853-DCA

All construction needs , interior renovation and remodeling

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
    We offer estimates and quotes using video calling