C & M Home Improvement

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2006

General Remodeling

24 Bay 31 St

Brooklyn, NY 11214

Founded in 1995, C&M General Construction is a family owned and operated business that provides a wide array of top notch services ranging from new construction to complete and minor renovations. We design and build to each customer’s individual taste, and our commitment to quality and safety is unmatched. At C&M General Construction our goal is simple: To provide our customers with only the highest level of service from the beginning of their project to the end. Over the years, we have developed professional relationships which have helped us maintain the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship. C&M General Construction is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau and a DCA license holder, and since we have an unblemished record of customer satisfaction, our customers can be sure that the service they receive will always meet the highest standards. We look forward to meeting with you and answering any questions you may have about C&M General Construction....

home remodeling (119)basement remodeling (11)tile installation (46)interior painting (41)electrician (41)plumbers (39)door installation (27)lighting (23)flooring (20)hardwood floors (17)window replacement (14)plastering (14)

03/31/2022

Linh S.

Matt, Matteo, and Jose are amazing! They actually worked on our first apartment in 2011. And we are the lucky few that are repeat customers. They came back after 7 years and fixed some issues before the sale of that apartment. When we purchased our new apartment, we only had CNM Construction Inc. in mind. We bought the apartment in 2020, but we couldn't renovate it until 2021 due to the pandemic. Matt's team was right there with us the entire time. They feel more close to family this renovation round, especially Matteo and Jose. This second home renovation was quite comprehensive and would take 6 months to complete. We moved walls, tore pipes, floors, put up walls, and rebuilt the entire apartment from its shells. This home was a 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom gut job that became a 3 bedroom and 2 bathroom renovation. Matt and Matteo were meticulous about communicating every step of the project since we went out of town for 3 months.They are excellent about returning phone calls, listening to your concerns, and giving helpful suggestions of what to steer clear of. It is quite rare where you talk to one person on a team and the other member (who you didn't talk to) already is aware of the communication. That speaks to their professionalism. There are so many details that go into a home renovation and that really helped make the experience stronger. There were some supply chain problems due to the pandemic, but they were great about being flexible and working around the issues. We did work with some vendors that Matt recommended and they were amazing as well. Matt is very careful who he will recommend and work with. We chose Matt's team many years ago because they were listening to what home we wanted to create, we didn't feel like the other contractor's were listening to our vision. These guys are spectacular in creating a home that is for you!

Description of Work
Gut Coop Home Renovation

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 03/31/2022

09/28/2021

Jia X.

Upon request, Matt from CNM was more than happy to take a few hours from his schedule to show us a few of the properties he was either currently working on or recently finished work on to help us in our decision to hire them for our project. We were very pleased with what we saw and decided to have CNM renovate our kitchen. Mateo and Vincente were the 2-man team sent to do the work. They’re not only some of the friendliest people I’ve ever met, but also consummate professionals. They were always on time, and did quiet and clean work even in the demolition phase. Mateo was always willing to stop everything to help answer a question or explain something. When the work was finished, we were left with showroom results. I already recommended CNM to a neighbor who was happy with their decision to go with CNM too, and I would recommend them again to whoever needed a recommendation. I would also strongly consider them for any renovation plans I have in the future.

Description of Work
Full kitchen renovation

Category ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,lighting,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,replacement windows,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

09/27/2021

John M.

Matt, José, and his crew are top-notch, professional contractors. This is my second time using C&M, and their work is exemplary. I needed to gut my bedroom because we had old gypsum walls and ceilings from the 40s that were cracking. They came in, cleared it out in a few days, and did an amazing job rebuilding our bedroom, carefully following every detail I laid out. It took a little longer that we expected, but it was WELL worth the wait. Now we have a modern, spacious and, most importantly, safe place to sleep at night. C&M provides QUALITY workmanship at every stage of the process and are attentive to your concerns. HIGHLY recommended.

Description of Work
Bedroom gut and renovation

Category closet systems,electrician,lighting,remodeling,woodworking,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 07/05/2021

Review for C & M Home Improvement - 24 Bay 31 St, Brooklyn, NY - 39488704

02/03/2021

Sharon Lee R.

Terrific! It was a great pleasure working with C&M on all the client projects we've done together! The entire C&M team is professional, knowledgeable, responsive, responsible, courteous, and pleasant. As a Designer who's had experience with many contractors, both good and bad, it's wonderful to have complete confidence that all C&M work will be done beautifully, on time, for the price quoted, with attention-to-detail, and with a smile throughout the entire process. I give C&M my highest praise and recommendation, and I look forward to many projects together going forward!

Description of Work
As an Interior Designer, I have worked with C&M on multiple client projects for kitchen gut renovation, painting, plumbing, electrical work, and overall interior construction.

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

07/22/2020

Lloyd C.

My wife and I are delighted with the work done. It started in February and ended in July (coronavirus restrictions caused a delay). The estimate that Matt provided was reasonable. Jose and his team of Vicente and Juan did a great job with everything.

Description of Work
Complete renovation of bathroom and painting of a bedroom.

Category remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

Review for C & M Home Improvement - 24 Bay 31 St, Brooklyn, NY - 38745307

07/22/2020

Lloyd C.

My wife and I are very pleased with the work done by Matteo, Jose, Vicente and Juan. Matteo presented us with reasonable estimates for the two jobs we wanted done. One bathroom was gutted and renovated. It looks absolutely wonderful now. My wife and I provided the materials, but Matt was helpful in making suggestions. Jose added a control panel that now allows us to control water flow to the other bathroom and kitchen without having to turn off the water for the building. The master bedroom/studio was painted and looks great.. Among other things, they fixed a slanted doorway and replaced a door. We'd highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation and bedroom/studio painting

Category basement waterproofing,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 02/26/2020

Review for C & M Home Improvement - 24 Bay 31 St, Brooklyn, NY - 38739593

10/20/2019

christina G.

Working with C&M was an incredible experience! We gutted our first and second floor and did a complete remodel. It required us to move out for 3 months. Matt, Jose and his guys started ON TIME, finished ON TIME and stayed WITHIN BUDGET! I never got hit with ridiculous add-ons or delays and Matt was incredibly communicative and respectful of my time and requests. The pricing was incredibly fair and transparent (and I got quotes from 5 contractors prior to C&M). I did not even have a punch list when we were done! His team is incredibly efficient, respectful and clean. The work was done beautifully and all of C&M recommendations were sound and just as reliable and honest as their company. I had renovated my basement when I first moved in and that project was a very different, not so easy and much more expensive experience. I am so sorry I did not know about C&M then and would NEVER do another job without them as my contractor. I cannot recommend them enough and promise you that if you decide to work with them, you will understand just how accurate this review is.

Description of Work
Complete 1st Floor Remodel (Kitchen, Floors) & 2nd Floor Remodel (Bathroom, Floors, Bedrooms, Closets)

Category ceramic tile,hardwood floor,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/19/2019

08/09/2019

Sharon P.

I wish I could give C & M even more stars! My experience with Matt, Jose, Matteo and Juan (as well as everyone else working for them) could not have been better. C & M renovated an office space for me and they did an amazing job. They added new walls and doors (were even able to make them soundproof), new floors, a new bathroom, a new kitchenette, re-wired for a split system, painted, wallpapered, and more. Yes, this was a big project for me, renovating, furnishing, dealing with a co-op board, dealing with city and state offices, lots of stress to say the least. But then there was Matt and the C & M team--ahhhh, stress-free: really! Imagine a contractor that anticipates the next thing to be done; think of a small thing that you would like, and before you ask for it, it is done. Imagine a contractor who is honest, kind, thoughtful, really smart, professional, works clean, and is meticulous in the execution of everything. He was done before I thought he would be! No, it is not a dream: it is C & M. I cannot say enough good things about C & M. Consider yourself lucky to be able to hire them.

Description of Work
Complete Renovation

Category ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,lighting,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 08/09/2019

03/25/2019

John M.

Matt and his team did an AMAZING job. They provided all services to rip out the old and renovate an entire 100+ year-old apartment. The quality of the work was phenomenal! It was a bit pricey compared to some other quotes I received, but the attention to detail, the quick and responsive communication, and the professionalism of the crew, made it well-worth the price paid. Also, Matt was up front about EVERYTHING. All costs were laid out, in detail, from the onset. We had a few unexpected projects pop up (which was to be expected from an old house), but they were addressed immediately and efficiently. I would highly recommend C&M for your renovation project. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Complete apartment renovation

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,countertops,electrician,flooring contractor,handyman service,lighting,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 01/04/2018

12/13/2018

Ken D.

C&M Home Improvemnts did an expert job renovating my bathroom. The worker in charge of the project, Mateo, is highly skilled and quite personable. The precision of the tile work was extraordinary, and the project was completed expeditiously. When I had trouble finding a suitable lighting fixture, Matt, the owner of the business, ferried me to stores and he presented me with several fixtures until we found the perfect one. From the standpoint of service, workmanship, and price, this is by far the best contractor I have ever dealt with. I strongly recommend C&M Home Improvements to anyone with a renovation project.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category ceramic tile,concrete repair,electrician,flooring contractor,lighting,plastering,plumbing,home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/13/2018

10/29/2018

Allen B.

Matt, Matteo, Juan and the team did an amazing job and are very honest people. They don’t cut corners and do everything properly and with high quality. Our coop has lots of rules in the alteration agreement and the guys at C&M handled everything without any hiccups. If you choose C&M, you will not regret it!

Description of Work
Full gut renovation

Category closet systems,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

09/20/2018

Katrina L.

Highly recommend C&M Home Improvement.They are very excellent! You may need to book them a head of time. Matt and his crew did renovate our bathroom. They did a excellent job. The communication with Matt was easy and effective. Matt and his team were easy to work with. The bathroom renovation project was delivered on time. Everything went well.

Description of Work
Bathroom gut renovation

Work Completed On 08/13/2018

03/17/2018

robert F.

Very well, the workers were young, but trained professionals, very easy to get along with, great work ethic, they wanted everything to be perfect, they will do more renovations in my coop.

Description of Work
new kitchen, entire apt was painted, floors were refinished

Category plumbing,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/17/2018

03/17/2018

Linda K.

I cannot recommend C&M more highly. As we live in a pre-war building, there were modifications we had to make all the way through our renovation. Matteo and his crew were responsive and creative, helping us find solutions that ended up looking beautiful and working perfectly for our needs. We also had to live in the space while it was being renovated and each night the crew worked hard to clean everything up. My next door neighbors didn't even realize that a renovation was in progress. We love our space, thanks C&M!

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation (down to the studs) kitchen renovation, new cabinets, floors, walls removed, new wiring, painting of the rest of the rooms.

Category ceramic tile,electrician,hardwood floor,lighting,plastering,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 03/17/2018

12/31/2017

Matthew H.

While it took some time for Matt and his team to become available, it was worth the wait. They were in and out in a matter of weeks. I only have one bathroom at home, but they were able to leave me with a working toilet for most nights -- which was much appreciated! With the renovation complete, I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Matt and his team performed a gut renovation of my bathroom. They did an amazing job in a short amount of time. I replaced all existing fixtures, pulled out the tub in place of a walk-in shower, and hung a brand new vanity sink. They also installed a pocket door in place of the previous door, and hung beautiful marble tile on the walls and floors. I couldn't be happier with how the renovation turned out. Now whenever I'm away from home, I miss my bathroom!

Category electrician,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 01/01/2017

08/31/2017

Fay L.

Everything went extremely well. Matt and his team are very knowledgeable, respectful, kind and nice to work with. Their only concern were for me to be happy and for the place to look nice. They did the work in a timely manner with very good quality. They also repaired a lot of things that the other contractors had done poorly at no extra cost, they just wanted to be sure I would be happy with my place. I cannot say how lucky I am that he accepted to take over this job - all other contractors did not want to take over the job that other people had started and especially seeing it had been done in a poorly manner. Matt wasn't super comfortable at first doing so either but did it since he is someone who cares, and I am now so happy about my place and have tons of compliments - anyone I know doing work at their place always ask me for his contact details! For sure, I would go with no one else if I have to do work again.

Description of Work
The work was to completely remodel a full bathroom + bedroom + Flooring in bedroom and corridor. The context is important: I had been struggling for more than 10 months, as two other contractors did the rest of the work (another bathroom, kitchen and rest of flooring) and had left the place in a really bad state, doing job of a really poor quality and taking much time while I was living in the place.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 08/31/2017

Review for C & M Home Improvement - 24 Bay 31 St, Brooklyn, NY - 36154658

08/22/2017

Eric L.

I recently hired Matt and his crew to renovate the kitchen and hardwood floors throughout my apartment. This was undoubtedly the best experience with a contractor I have had to date. From the beginning and throughout the process he was quickly responsive to any questions or concerns I had. We did a somewhat high end renovation with custom cabinets and an integrated refrigerator. They handled every aspect of the renovation with meticulous care, and the results prove it. The crew is uniformed and professional. The head worker Mateo is extraordinarily talented and very pleasant to deal with. The price Matt quoted in the beginning is what I paid at the end; no up-charges despite a few changes to the plans here and there. C&M is not the cheapest, but it's worth the price and wait to have excellence.

Description of Work
Full kitchen renovation and new hardwood floors throughout apartment.

Category flooring contractor,hardwood floor,remodeling,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

08/15/2017

Kay S.

It worked out very well and they mounted the TV as well.

Description of Work
Installed rails for closet TV mounting

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 01/02/2017

06/03/2017

Ruth M.

We are so happy with our new bathroom! We hired C &M Home Improvement to remodel the bathroom and are very pleased with the work. Matt was always available to answer all of our questions before, during and after the renovation. His workers were skilled, neat, and pleasant throughout the job. We would highly recommend C&M to anyone who is planning to do work on their home. Our new bathroom is beautiful!

Description of Work
Total demolition and renovation of bathroom

Work Completed On 05/05/2017

05/01/2017

Denis H.

They did an excellent job. The crew was respectful & kept the premises & building hallways clean.

Description of Work
Apartment gut renovation

Category ceramic tile,closet systems,countertops,electrician,flooring contractor,hardwood floor,lighting,plumbing,remodeling,woodworking,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters,doors

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

04/19/2017

kristen A.

The renovation was awesome! It turned out better than I could have expected. Matts team is meticulous to detail. The tile work was very well done. The team takes their time so to get the details right so the overall renovation took about 3 weeks. The team is very punctual and professional. The team also paid close attention to keep the apartment clean and tidy. Matt also was able to recommend a great tile store (Classic Tile) and plumbing store (Park Slope Plumbing) whom he has a great relationship with so he was able to follow up directly with them on my order deliveries. I would highly recommend C&M.

Description of Work
My bathroom was completely gut renovated.

Work Completed On 03/17/2017

Review for C & M Home Improvement - 24 Bay 31 St, Brooklyn, NY - 34860803

03/27/2017

Lois F.

This company is not professional. I made an appointment for an estimate and they texted me to cancel at the last minute stating they were booked for four to five months on different project. This could have communicated in our initial conversation.

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodeling due to Water Damage

Category home remodeling

Hello, this is Matt. Sorry to hear that you feel this way. I want to say anything is possible but I’m the only one that makes appointment for estimates. I don’t recall this address nor do I have an appointment to do an estimate for you in my book . There are a few other company in the New York area with the same name so it’s possible that you called someone else . I personally respond to all of my calls whether or not I am able to do the job. That is the reason for which I use my personal cell phone which is displayed on the Angie’s List website to avoid an incident like this. However, if you still need an estimate from me please contact me at the number below and I will be more than happy to do so. Thank you for the opportunity and have a great day! All the best, Matt 718-541-3700

01/18/2017

Ruth R.

We knew it would take a while to get on Matt's schedule, but it was worth the w