Aladdin Plumbing Corp

Founded 1976 • With Angi since February 2006

We are a full service Plumbing, Heating and HVAC service and installation Company. We have 7 service vehicles and 11 service Technicians to service your home and/or business. We are fully licensed and insured with the City of New York. We are available 6 days a week for service. See our ad for a 10% discount coupon. Payments to be made upon completion of service....

4.2

plumbers (185)HVAC Companies (32)drain cleaning (19)water heaters (10)sewer cleaning (4)gas leak repair (3)drain pipe installation (3)appliance repair (3)small appliance repair (1)irrigation system (1)

04/03/2020

Lisa C.

Very well. Very pleasant, prompt and efficient service for an emergency repair

Description of Work
Toilet clogged

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed]....Thank you so much for your business! We are happy that the service went well and look forward to servicing you in the future! You and your family stay well!! Erik

12/10/2019

Eileen P.

I can't say enough about Aladdin Plumbing. The workers are well-trained, efficient and thorough. And they're nice!! They handle plumbing issues in our eight-unit co-op and we won't let anyone but Aladdin anywhere near our furance.

Description of Work
Furnace set up, installation of RPZ valve

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

04/09/2019

Lee P.

It went very well. The plumber (Larry) worked diligently and patiently to correct everything. He seemed thoroughly knowledgeable and professional. The faucet works perfectly (and looks gorgeous). I can't comment on how reasonable the cost was, because I have nothing to compare it with. I have one suggestion: It would be helpful if the cost of each part was specified instead of all the parts being combined in one lump sum.

Description of Work
A new kitchen faucet was installed; an unforeseen valve problem arose and new valves and a pipe part had to be installed.

Work Completed On 03/28/2019

Good Morning! Thank you so much for the review and for your suggestion, we will definitely take it into consideration!! We are very happy that you enjoyed working with Larry, and thank you for hanging onto his tool for us to pick up!!! Enjoy the new faucet! Erik

11/07/2018

Emmanuel H.

Very bad customer service. Performed a job once and scheduled another appoitmwnt to finish up the job and basically never showed!!! Mike would also never return my calls! Must have called everyday for weeks. So bad. At least a coutesy call explaining the situation!!!!

Description of Work
Replace valves on radiators

Work Completed On 11/07/2018

Good Morning, I spoke with Mike and expressed to him how critical it is to stay in touch regarding appointments or not being able to make it at all. He is a superb Mechanic, a craftsman and an all around excellent person....unfortunately this is also a problem sometimes as he will overbook himself to try and get to everyone. Again, my sincere apologies and I will speak to Mike about this! Erik

06/25/2018

Raymond B.

I gave the plumber the toilet, seat and an installation kit that included the seal and specialized bolts with caps. After he left we saw that he had used other bolts, which were sticking high up from the base, uncapped. We called and demanded that he come back. He had taken the installation kit with him, still in the box, unused and used his own seal which he charged us for. He cut down and added the caps to the bolts that he had used. This was unprofessional bordering on dishonest.

Description of Work
Toilet installation

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

Good Afternoon Mr. [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry to hear about what happened and the confusion with the toilet installation. I spoke directly with the Mechanic that came to the job and I completely reviewed the job ticket and the charges. He did use a wax seal from our stock (which we know is of good quality), but we did not charge you for it as you stated. The only item we charged you for was plaster that did not come in the kit you provided. He told me that he did tell this to your wife before he left....I asked him about the bolts and the caps and he did not change the bolts, he left the existing bolts because the floor flange was in delicate shape and he was concerned that if he tried to remove them he might damage the flange. I also mentioned to him about the caps and why he didn't put them on. He told me that he did not see the caps in the box, and in his cleaning and packing he grabbed the bolts out of habit. I made sure to tell him to please be aware of anything that a customer provides!! Please be assured that the Mechanic who was in your home has been working with us for over 7 years and is very honest and trustworthy, and I'm sorry for any trouble or confusion. Erik

01/21/2018

Yaniv N.

Our water heater went out this weekend. I called about 10 different plumbers. Mike from Aladdin found time to squeeze us in on a Saturday night. He understood, diagnosed, and fixed the issue really promptly and courteously. Very responsive on the phone and very friendly and helpful. Also fixed a couple other small things in our basement while he was here. Overall, I really recommend. Great service.

Description of Work
saved us with an emergency repair on a water heater

Work Completed On 01/21/2018

Thank you for the kind review [Member Name Removed] and I'm happy we were able to take care of your water heater!! Mike is great and we are lucky to have him!! Erik

01/05/2018

SUSAN W.

The repair person showed up a few minutes early and was very professional. He fixed the system for ththe bminimum charge and I am very pleased by the whole experience.

Description of Work
Our hot water heating system went on the blink during a big cold snap. I called multiple places and Aladdin was the only one that could give me an appointment the next day.

Work Completed On 01/05/2018

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed], I'm so happy that we were able to take care of your Heating problem. I will pass on the kind words to Camara! Erik

12/29/2017

Denise S.

I've used Aladdin twice this year and overall they are good. But just be careful, because they pad their labor time. Both times I used them, their technician had to leave to get parts. And you're charged for this time. At about $200/hour, it adds up. Even if you give a very detailed description when you schedule the appointment, they still need to leave to get supplies. I was billed for 2.5 hours of work this last visit. But for over an hour of that time, the plumber wasn't in my house. When I made the appointment I mentioned the pipe was ceiling height. And the plumber who showed up didn’t have a ladder in his van. So he had to leave and come back. That didn’t stop the labor clock. Their plumbers are friendly and knowledgeable. And let's be honest, I've yet to find a reasonably priced plumber in Brooklyn. Aladdin is the fourth company I’ve tried. So if you don't mind paying extra then you'll be fine.

Description of Work
Fix leaking pipe connection

Work Completed On 12/29/2017

Thank you for using our services [Member Name Removed]. We do try and stock as much as we can on our vans, but space is limited and there are so many different repair parts that it makes it difficult to carry everything. I'm not sure what happened with not having a tall enough ladder other than to say that sometimes the jobs get switched between Mechanics during the day, and the truck that came to your home might not have been the original one scheduled. I do hope that we exceeded your expectations overall with our service. If not, please feel free to call our office anytime and speak with us. Erik

12/25/2017

Julienne C.

The work took about a week, removing the old oil tank and putting in new pipes and a new gas furnace & water heater. I highly recommend them for any job.

Description of Work
We needed to convert from oil to gas heat. Erik, the owner was amazing and helped us through everything. His team was professional and hard working. We also had them put in a new water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

Good Morning, Thank you so much for the review!! We hope that the new boiler provided you with a nice warm and toasty home this Winter!! Erik

09/06/2017

Irene R.

Got the work done and showed us how to do it ourselves the next time.

Description of Work
Clearing a drain

Work Completed On 08/16/2017

Good Morning, Thank you very much for the review!! I might have to speak to the Mechanic who showed you how to do something yourself, LoL!! Just kidding, I am very happy that you call us for your service work and we are more than happy to help you understand how you can save money and also to have a general understanding of your Plumbing system. Erik

08/02/2017

Zelda H.

Michael Bruno is really knowledgeable and proficient. He is truly an expert in identifying the problem and repairing it. If no one can identify what's wrong, Mr. Bruno probably can. I have found this to be the case on a number of occasions. The only problem is that he is so good that he is very busy. He also has excellent customer relations skills.

Description of Work
Air conditioning repair.

Work Completed On 07/21/2017

Good Morning, Thank you for the kind review about Mike!! Yes, he is amazing at what he does and if you are able to wait for him to service you, it's more than worth it!! He IS the best!! Erik

01/06/2017

J H.

Aladdin replaced all the gas lines feeding our water heater and furnace. Then they went to bat for us with the city to get the inspection done quickly so our heat and hot water could be turned back on.

Description of Work
The gas company found multiple tiny leaks in our gas lines. More tiny leaks were discovered in the pipes in the walls.

Work Completed On 01/06/2017

01/06/2017

J H.

The plumbing work was excellent and fast, but Aladdin also went to bat for us by working with National Grid to get our gas turned back on more quickly.

Description of Work
Many small gas leaks in our basement.

Category plumbing, gas leak repair

Work Completed On 12/29/2016

01/03/2017

David B.

Erik and his team did a very good job with some non standard fixtures - two wall mounted faucets, an in-wall toilet and linear wall shower drain. The pipes had to be fit in very tight area and they were able to pull it off.

Description of Work
renovation consisting of new kitchen and bathroom

Work Completed On 01/03/2017

12/11/2016

David N.

They replaced the entire faucet, with a cheap chrome plated Delta, for which they charged me over $300, plus about $500 for labor. This is something I usually do myself in less than an hour!

Description of Work
I was traveling so my tenants called them to replace a hose on a pull out kitchen sink.

Work Completed On 12/11/2016

11/22/2016

sally M.

My building is very old. Some of the plumbing was so screwed up that they had to go down into the sub basement to figure out the issue. They were terrific. They were very thorough and they had a team of people because it wasn?t a usual problem.

Description of Work
They serviced my building when there was a really complicated problem.

Work Completed On 11/16/2015

01/25/2016

Fannelle C.

The men from Aladdin were professional and they did the inspection. It was quite a while ago so I honestly forget what it cost. I put $300.00 in the cost section of this review because it was mandatory to enter some cost. In my memory, it seemed like they charged too much money. Because of that, I will always get estimates from several companies before I call them. They actually did work for me previously and I thought the same thing - that they over price jobs. On the plus side, at least the work was satisfactory.

Description of Work
Boiler inspection

Work Completed On 01/20/2015

10/12/2015

Michael R.

Several plumbers have tried to fix our boiler in the past. Some have been unsuccessful and charged us a lot, others have been unsuccessful and didn't charge that much. Mike at Aladdin was successful and didn't charge much. He came back several times as we tried to figure out what was going on and went over the options clearly afterwards. The only place where I give them low grades was on responsiveness. Once we did identify the leak, it took a lot of calls from me to find out the status of the replacement parts, and I ended up going to the hardware store next door to get a clamp that sealed the leak. However, Mike was great about troubleshooting everything else and was honest in going over what could be done and what couldn't and getting us the best cost for what was needed.

Description of Work
Identified a leak and problem in the expansion tank in our boiler, while also providing a few adjustments to help keep it running.

Work Completed On 01/15/2015

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review! We're happy that Mike was able to solve a problem that other's couldn't, but we are sorry if you felt our responsiveness wasn't as good as it could be. Hopefully the equipment is still working well. Erik

10/04/2015

Louisdon P.

It was well done and complete, as expected. We were happy with the job and results.

Description of Work
Removal of old gas heating system

Work Completed On 10/10/2014

Thank you very much for the kind review!! I checked our records for the price that we charged you as you gave us a "B" grade for a $1,500.00 charge. All I could find were two visits for the work (there were actually 3 visits, but we gave you a no charge for one of them) and the total was $685.00 + Tax. Please let me know if this matches your records or if there was some sort of an error on our part. Again, thank you very much and we appreciate the review and that you were happy with our work!! Erik

09/22/2015

Enzo S.

The guy refused to give me an estimate and shouted "ARE YOU SERIOUS??" when I am asked for one. I called the office to complain, they said that that is the way they do business. I am not calling them again.

Description of Work
Fix leaky shower

Work Completed On 09/22/2015

09/10/2015

Honor L.

They came promptly, and the guy spent a long time looking for the source of a leak from the kitchen to the basement. He couldn't fix it since it came from the dishwasher. They are expensive-- they charge $175 just to come to your house-- so I had to pay even though he couldn't fix the problem. But they told me that up front, so I wasn't surprised. I've used them a couple of times, and they do good work, but they are not cheap.

Description of Work
looked for source of leak in kitchen

Work Completed On 02/01/2014

05/12/2015

RICHARD M.

Water was leaking from the plumbing fixture behind my toilet. After I called Aladdin on a Friday afternoon, Jerry arrived later that day, well within the time range I had been given. He removed the toilet, saw what needed to be done, and then walked to a nearby hardware store to purchase the proper gasket. When he returned, he replaced the leaking gasket, put the toilet back in place, and carefully applied plaster of paris around the base. Jerry works very neatly, and he cleans up what little mess he creates. Additionally, he's a heck of a nice guy.

Description of Work
Replaced leaking gasket on back outlet toilet.

Work Completed On 05/08/2015

[Member name removed], Thank you very much for the positive review!! We are so happy to hear that your experience with Aladdin and more directly your experience with our Service Technician Jerry was pleasant! We look forward to hearing from you again in the future. Erik

12/03/2014

Tammy B.

very professional. walked me through what he was doing and why he was doing it - as a new home owner I especially appreciate this