1st Class Carpet

Founded 2000 • With Angi since May 2011

5817 Ave T

Brooklyn, NY 11234

1st Class Carpet has your flooring needs covered. We carry the finest selection of Flooring available in New York City and the Tri-State Area. Browse our website or give us a call for more information on how we can fulfill your flooring and carpet dreams. Have your new carpets, tiles, wood floors installed in your home with same day installation. Residential & commercial carpets....

10/13/2014

Cantor W.

I was very impressed with this company. We had said when we scheduled the appointment that we absolutely positively needed the carpet installed within two days. We were on a very tight time table: closing on Tuesday afternoon, needed carpet installed on Weds, and then receive furniture from storage on Thursday. There was no room for error. When the owner came to meet me the evening, right after we closed on the apartment (not Mike but his partner), he brought a selection of carpets that he said he had in stock and were available for installation the next day. All I had to do was say the word and he would be there at a specific time. If I have any complaint, it is that the selection was rather limited, but then again, beggars can't be choosers. So, I picked the color and quality we wanted. He measured. I wrote a check and told him I would tell him what time to come the next day. Though there was a little confusion over who said what about the time of delivery (they showed up essentially before I had called to say I was ready), the installation went off without a hitch and it took a LONG time, too. I don't know if it had to do with the odor remediation or the install itself, but for whatever reason, the installers were there into the evening. Nonetheless , they did an awesome job and the carpet looks great. I would totally use them again, though I hope this carpet lasts for a very long time. So far, I see no signs that it won't.

Description of Work
Removed pet-stained carpet, remediated odor and installed new carpet

Category carpet installation, house painters

08/26/2014

Frances M.

I have to give them a B because they showed up on the wrong day! Fortunately, we were home. Once here, though, they were terrific. Professional, efficient, neat and FAST.

Description of Work
They removed carpet from a stairway.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, woodworking

08/18/2014

Gregory G.

Everything from the call to empire to the installation went very quickly and smoothly. If you see a carpet you like but find that it's to expensive, do not become discouraged the agent will ask you what is a good price for you. He/she will give you options, they want your business. Do be up front with empire.

Description of Work
Empire placed carpet on my stairs leading upstairs to my bedrooms and placed carpet on my stairs leading to the basement. In all it was a total of 16 stairs. The quality of the carpet is very good it's Berber.

07/24/2014

AnnaMaria D.

These guys were TERRIFIC! Right from the start, Mike scheduled a convenient night to bring us samples of carpeting and tiles. This job was time sensitive since we're expecting a new baby in a few weeks and wanted this completed prior to that. Aware of our situation, Mike made several wonderful carpet/tile suggestions, offered us a fair price, and went ahead and ordered the materials right then! He also scheduled a quick installation date while accomodating our schedule. He kept us informed every step of the way. On installation day, he arrived with the installers (Raul and Mario) and ensured that everything was in order before he left. The workers were incredible! They worked non-stop and cleaned up everything before they left. I cannot say enough good thing about this company. I would use them again and refer them to all my friends. I had gotten a quote from another company who told me the installation would take three days. Mike assured me this could be a one-day job, and he was good to his word. Although the installers worked into the evening, they managed to finish everything in one day! I was so impressed! Best of all, my place looks wonderful!

Description of Work
We needed new carpeting for living room/dining area and stairs plus rip up and removal of existing carpet. Also, we were replacing tiles in kitchen, powder room, and laundry area.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Hello member, It was really wonderful to read about your experience! We’re happy that the job went so smoothly, and we truly appreciate your business . Please don’t hesitate to call us if you need anything in the future. Thank You!!

06/18/2014

Felix D.

Mike the owner was great. He was very punctual and gave me the best price for a top quality carpet. He would always answer and return phone calls, and even met me again for a second remeasure to make sure of the size. His team came early in the morning and stayed most of the day to complete a big job.. They were very polite, clean, and worked efficient. I would definitely recommend the company, and use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Installed berber carpet in three bedrooms,living room and hallway.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

It's was really wonderful to read about your experience! We’re happy that the job went so smoothly, and we truly appreciate your business . Please don’t hesitate to call us if you need anything in the future. Thank You!!

04/15/2014

Audrey W.

The were quick clean and efficient. Would use them again just thought the price was very high

Description of Work
Carpet for 1 room no matter how small mi. Of $600.00-700.00

04/11/2014

Shorove U.

Overall the work was great. The sales and carpet installation by Empire Carpet was both great deals. Empire gave us two rooms of carpeting for the price of one room in other places. And that was installed over padding. We were very satisfied with the carpet installation too. It went very smoothly. The crew was friendly and did everything as expected.

Description of Work
I had them install the carpet on the floors. It took them few hours to complete.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

03/11/2014

Angela F.

Mike and his crew were great. We needed to install carpeting in our coop apartment. The came in for an estimate, explained the entire process and gave us a fair price. They were able to start almost right away, and the whole process went so smoothly! They were on time, courteous and professional. The final result exceeded our expectations. We would definitely recommend empire carpet to our friends.

Description of Work
Carpet installed in living room and bedrooms

03/10/2014

Justin G.

the gentleman was very nice and punctual. the selection was good at best - we managed to find enough choices that we were pleased and willing to make a committment. where it all went wrong: the gentleman finally calculated a price and presented it. we were surprised especially since we knew there was some level of "free" for at least one of the bedrooms, based on the advertisements. none of the advertised specials are eligible for "good" carpet. anything above basement quality is excluded. not cool. he rather quickly came down about 10% in the price and my wife and I left to discuss what our number was. when we returned and told him our number, he called his boss - which is fine. the boss stated that he couldn't even offer the prior price that the salesman offered. we told him we understood and left it at that.

Description of Work
come provide us with an estimate for carpeting stairs in addition to three bedrooms

12/24/2013

Sana T.

The whole process went very smoothly. Amy initially contacted me to set up an appointment to visit the home and take measurements to provide an estimate. Once the carpet selection was made, I placed an order and the installation took place 1 week after my first conversation with Amy. Everyone onsite was professional and courteous. The work was completed on time. I would highly recommend this vendor!

Description of Work
Remove carpeting in basement that had water damage and replaced it with new carpeting including padding. The overall price includes all labor, materials plus a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. The area re-carpeted includes 2 bedrooms, a living room, and two flights of stairs.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, water damage restoration

11/18/2013

Ryan W.

Salesman came on a weeknight to accommodate our schedules which was perfect. Low pressure sales pitch, provided us with all the options and pros/cons. Installers came on a Saturday to accommodate our work schedules. Notified us 1 hour before they arrived so we could plan our day. Installers were great. Quick, professional, courteous. Did not make a mess and removed old carpet.

Description of Work
New carpet for 2 bedrooms

11/11/2013

maureen S.

I called Empire Carptet Center for an estimate, which they gave me over the phone after I described what I needed done. The next morning they were at my house, stretching the carpet. The two men were polite, professional, and got right to work. Within 45 minutes the job was completed. The carpet pieces that were cut out were put in a garbage bag. Because I had mentioned Angie's List, I was given a discount on this service. With the discount, the price was $20 less than another carpet dealer. I am pleased with their work, and would use them again.

Description of Work
I needed a bedroom carpet, which was wall-to-wall, stretched to remove the "bubbles."

10/24/2013

Joe B.

The crew arrived promptly and went straight to work. Mike, the owner/manager, arrived shortly thereafter to ensure that things were going well. He gave his team some instructions and stayed with them until he was comfortable that everything was in order. They did a great job. Mike is a true professional. He is very competent and customer focused. He clearly demonstrated that customer satisfaction is a top priority for Empire Carpet Center.

Description of Work
Installed runners on 2 flights of stairs and in hallway.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you!! member for sharing your experience! It’s always great to hear feedback from our customers, and we’re happy to know that your experienced went well. We’re happy to hear that your installation went smoothly. If you ever need anything in the future, please give us a call we are always here for our customers!!!

10/21/2013

MAXINE S.

Mainly I didn't like their being late. However, the quality of the work was fine.

Description of Work
They tore out carpet in small bedroom and installed a new one, including the closet.

10/20/2013

Maxyne B.

From the very beginning, the people we dealt with were polite, accommodating and very responsive. We had an emergency because of damage in our apartment, and a tenant was about to move in. We had to have our new carpet installed YESTERDAY! Mike took the number of the carpet I chose, measured, and gave me a very reasonable price. He also indicated that they could install the very next day if I wanted. It was installed a few days later, and the job was beautiful. Amy, the office person at Empire, could not have been nicer. She took my payment info over the phone (I was out of town), but declared she would not charge me for anything until I reported to her that I was satisfied with the job. I would recommend this company to my closest friends! Thank you for a stress-free job well done.

Description of Work
Installed carpet in a rental apartment I own

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you so much for the beautiful review!! we appreciate your feedback and we want you to know that we sincerely value your business. should you ever need service in the future, feel free to call us. THANK YOU.

10/10/2013

Kevin B.

I chose them after finding them on Angie’s List. After contacting three or four other companies, they were the ones with the lowest price and offered the carpeting that was the most similar to what we had. The salesperson was very personable as well. The experience turned out okay. It took about two weeks to have the work scheduled and they were able to complete the job in one day. What took me by surprise is that when they needed to cut the carpet to fit, they sprawled the carpet out on my driveway to do so. Part of my disappointment was how the salesperson who kept in good contact prior to the job did not come to look at it once it was completed. We previously had carpet down and assumed that it was flawless all the way through. When the salesperson came by, he did notice that there was an adjoined area. His installers did a pretty good job. There is one area where the seam is clearly noticeable. It was my intent to call the salesperson and have him come back and look at the work. However, I did not follow through. Overall, I was just disappointed that the salesperson did not follow up and come take a look at the completed work.

Description of Work
They laid carpet on a stairway, two bedrooms, and a hallway.

Category carpet installation

Thank You member for making us aware of your concerns. We're very disappointed that you were not 100% satisfied. we take our customers concerns very seriously. Our company offers a 5 year installation warranty. we would love to speak to you as soon as possible so we can send one of our team members to take a look at the the job. Thank you!!

06/03/2013

gerry P.

The job went very well. Mike showed up a little after the workmen and oversaw the entire job--he even tiled the bathroom floor which came out beautiful! I can't say enough about how beautiful the entire second floor came out --the carpet is beautiful -- it looks like a new house. Without any hesitation I would recommend this company and these workmen as well as Angie's List. Very impressed on all counts!

Description of Work
The entire second floor was carpeted along with the staircase. The bathroom floor was also tiled.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Thank you so much for the nice review!! we appreciate your feedback and we want you to know that we sincerely value your business. should you ever need service in the future, feel free to call us. THANK YOU.

05/06/2013

Debbie L.

I did not like working with them. I don't find them to be organized. They show up days when I didn't ask them to show up. They don't do the job. They installed things I didn't ask to install.

Description of Work
Empire Carpet Center installed carpets and replaced baseboards for us.

Category carpet installation, woodworking

dear member, we are very disappointed that we did not meet your expectation on the services you received. We always want our customers to be completely satisfied. To our understanding on 3/22/13 mike came to give a free estimate and on 4/18/13/ you called us back so you can choose the colors, When we came to do the installation, the secretary said the room can not be done until 5/1/13. Not a problem!! On 4/30/13 member called last minute and requested to replace cove base we explained to her we have 2 colors in stock she can choose any color she wants. On 5/1/13 day of installation showed up on time 9:00 to 10:00. We removed furniture, existing carpet and padding and replaced it with 15*13 commercial carpet and padding and put back furniture for $500 and 40 l/f of cove base for $125, totaling $625. Customer calls our company on Friday said cove base is two different colors around the walls (We apologized to customer) we came Monday morning as promised and change the cove base for member. We apologize that we didn't meet your expectation.

04/26/2013

Carrie W.

Went great. Quick, prompt, good quality. Had another quote for less, but the speed at which they were able to measure, give an estimate and install made it worth to pay a little more. Went really well. The guys knew what they were doing and just got to it. They arrived early, cleaned up after themselves and installed a really nice carpet in the baby's room. Would for sure use them again.

Description of Work
Just moved into a new apartment and needed the baby's room carpeted. There was no carpet in the room currently (it is a hard wood parquet floor). Had an in-home consultation where they came and measured and gave me various price quotes based on the quality of carpet. Called on a Thursday afternoon and had an appointment for 9am on Friday morning. Decided that I wanted to go with them and they scheduled for the next day. Turns out they had a cancelation right after the guy left and they called and asked if we wanted it the same day! So two hours later two guys show up and install a nice carpet in a 12' by 14' room. Took them about two hours- the longer time was because they didn't have something and had to run to home depot to pick it up.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you!! member for sharing your experience! It’s always great to hear feedback from our customers, and we’re happy to know that you experienced went well. We’re happy to know that your sales rep was able to accommodate all your needs and that your installation went smoothly. If you ever need anything in the future, please give us a call we are always here for our customers!!!

03/29/2013

Benita T.

I like that are very fast. They are very quick to install. That with the carpeting they have done I am satisfied, it was great.

Description of Work
I have used Empire Carpet Center about years ago.

01/22/2013

Karen A.

I called to set up an appointment for an estimate on bedroom carpeting and shutters for bedroom windows. I was given an appointment quickly. Mike, the company's expert representatve, measured the bedroom for carpeting and measured the windows for the shutters. He showed me carpet samples and the various shutter designs available. He took ample time to explain the different options available and guided me through the selection process making sure that I selected the best options for my needs and decor preferences. He did not pressure me to make a sale and was very patient in listening to my concerns and answered all my questions. He gave me an estimate and that was the price I paid. There were no additional costs. I made a down payment and was not charged the balance until the jobs were satisfactorilycompleted. The carpeting was installed on the date I requested. The installers arrived on time and quickly got to work removing the old carpeting and installing the new carpeting. They cleaned up after themselves and hauled away the old carpeting and debris. The shutters were custom made for my windows and it took about a week for them to be ready for installation. Mike did the installation and because of the uneveness of the bedroom walls had to do some extra work to make sure the shutters were installed perfectly so the installation took more time than expected. Mike is a perfectionist and wants to make sure his customer is absolutely happy with the final result. I was very happy with the services of 1ST Class Carpet & WindowServices and I plan to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Honest, Helpful and Expert Service

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, window treatments

Thank you, so much member for putting your trust in our company, we appreciate your feedback and we want you to know that we sincerely value your business. we look forward to helping you in the future, thank you again for the beautiful comment!!!

01/19/2013

melanie B.

From beginning to end my experience met and exceeded my expectations. I mean the entire staff were awesome!!!. Mike was very helpful and patient. I have such an indecisive nature and he worked with me. He helped me with my colors and all. He answered all questions with ease, knowledge and professionalism. Amy always stayed on top of things and she is such a breath of fresh air when she answers the phone. The installers were not only punctual and neat but they were fast. They even helped remove my closet door because I didn't realize the plushness of my carpet . This company sells the best products. I absolutely love Shaw products and they were able to provide. I am going to use them for my window treatment as well.

Description of Work
I had 3 bedrooms and a hallway carpeted

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you, so much member for putting your trust in our company, we appreciate your feedback and we want you to know that we sincerely value your business. we look forward to helping you in the future with your window treatments.

01/16/2013

Nick P.

I highly recommend this company,The measured and installed my carpet in my living room and 2 bedrooms.They did an excellent job.They are an A+ company ! Great job and very professional !

Description of Work
Excellent Job !

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you member, its always great to hear when one of our customers are happy! it was a pleasure doing work for you.Should you ever need window treatment, wood flooring service in the future, feel free to call us. THANK YOU

01/14/2013

Maropm B.

They came within a day of my call and installed the carpeting 5 days later. They accommodated my work schedule by installing the carpeting on a Sunday, which I much appreciated. I am very happy with the quality and look of the carpeting, actually it is an improvement over what I had before. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I needed carpeting installed in my waiting room and hallways after a flood.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, water damage restoration

thank you Member, for sharing your exprience! it was a pleasure doing business for such a wonderful person we look forward to serving you in the future.

07/19/2012

Sarojini G.

I am still trying to get my deposit back.

Description of Work
No work was actually done. He was offering a poorer quality and less expensive wood , was very rude and aggressive , after I canceled my contract, and was questioning my wish and why this and that. He did not take the time to explain to me other options. What made it worse was that he said he is " in the business to make money" and to waste time.

Category hardwood floor

good afternoon member, I am very surprised to see your comments and an f rating when i thought that i left off with you on good terms. Just to cancell a job with no explanation when we already purchased the materials for the job is not fair. I thought i was PUNCTUAL and VERY PROFESSIONAL. I definitely was not dismissive and did not act as though i did not want the job because every customer and every potenial customer is very important to my company. I can guarentee that is completely false. please call us if you would like to resolve this issue, i am sure you will be satisfied with our work. thank you.