Precision Hardwood Flooring

Founded 1997 • With Angi since February 2006

2015 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER. UP TO 10% OFF FOR ALL ANGIE'S LIST MEMBERS! Whether your floors are in good condition and are just in need of light buffing and top coating, or are decades old and in need of specialized restoration, we can provide you with professional wood floor sanding, finishing, and repair. We offer both oil-based and low odor, fast drying water-based finishes. A state-of-the-art dust containment system is available to save you the extensive cleanup commonly associated with floor sanding and finishing. At Precision, fulfilling your flooring needs is our main goal. Precision Hardwood Flooring brings you unparalleled expertise and superior service when it comes to installing and repairing your hardwood floor. Additional email - precisionfloors@optonline.net

hardwood floors (35)flooring (21)
Linda M.
10/26/2018
Russell is a true craftsman. The flooring in this room was severely buckled. He meticulously cut some original flooring and added a new piece (or maybe more but his work was so good I cannot tell). He did a beautiful job. He was prompt, professional and he did not over charge. I will absolutely use his services in the future and I highly recommend him!
Description of Work
The flooring in a bedroom was severely buckled and needed to be fixed.
Hire Again?

[Member Name Removed] Thanks so much for your review! It's very gratying to know I can use my skills to help people like yourself ! You are truly a kind and thoughtful person!
Gary F.
10/09/2017
Amazing the flooring looks great the workers where great knew what they where doing and left no mess behind
Description of Work
Replace hardwood flooring 400 square feetamazing
linda F.
05/22/2017
They did a professional job and were prompt.
Description of Work
refinished hardwood floor
Jon H.
04/17/2017
Russell and his team were wonderful to work with. They were punctual, knowledgable, and did a tremendous job. His crew worked quickly, and checked in with me regularly to make sure everything was up to my standards and liking. Upon completeion of the project, Russell came back to do a walk through with me, and to closely inspect the work. He even fixed a creaking step that has always been a problem (completely unrelated to the work done).

Review for Precision Hardwood Flooring - 31 Stillo Drive, Airmont, NY - 34838959
Description of Work
-Refininshing existing hardwood on our first floor. -Installation and staining of new treads on our staircase leading to second floor. -Installation and staining of hardwood floors on our entire second floor.
$7,500
Eric P.
10/20/2016
They finished the installation in a day. They did a nice job. There were some issues around the delivery of the flooring with respect to their provider, so it didn’t started on the best footing but they worked through it with their provider and we got it taken care of.
Description of Work
I used Precision Hardwood Flooring. They put in laminate flooring for me.
flooring contractor
Vadim S.
09/09/2016
They're good to work with, they're good with communication, their quality is good and the price is good.
$6,000
KATHRYN S.
04/24/2016
It went very well. His crew did most of the work without him. They were very thorough and meticulous. They repaired/ replaced lots of the flooring, sanded and put down three coats of polyurethane. They put up plastic sheeting to keep dust out of the kitchen and did a very good job of cleaning up after the sanding. Russ himself took care of the stairway risers and sides. At no additional charge he also changed a bad saddle for me that another contractor had put down. There was peeling veneer on the first riser of the staircase that needed to be replaced. Even though it wasn't part of the job and it's a small thing to come back for, Russ offered to ask a local store to get the 12" veneer needed for the repair and offered to come back to change the veneer for us.
Description of Work
They laid a new wood floor in the master bedroom, did a lot of repairs both upstairs and downstairs. The house is 2,500 square feet and they refinished all of it except for the kitchen and a small room that has carpet (and the master bedroom where they laid a new floor. They refinished the treads on the staircase. Russ also stained and put one coat of polyurethane on the risers and sides of the stairs which none of the other companies that gave estimates were willing to do.
$6,200
Matt D.
08/25/2015
Everything went very well. We brought in a few different providers but this group was by far the best. Quality service at a reasonable price. Russ was very prompt in coming out and laid out a number of different options. He was knowledgeable about what type of product to use on a concrete slab (we went with engineered hardwood). Delivery of the materials was prompt and his team finished the entire job in 2 days. It was about 500 sqft. They were punctual, professional and tidy. I was very impressed and would certainly use them in the future.
Description of Work
Removed carpet in 2 rooms and tile in a hallway and put down hardwood flooring.
$6,700
Josette M.
07/27/2015
I couldn't be happier with the repair. He was prompt, friendly, fair and the repair was outstanding! I would highly recommend him to everyone.
Description of Work
Repair hardwood floor
$250
Elizabeth P.
11/03/2014
Russ and his team were very professional, kept me up to date and informed through out the process and left every thing very clean upon leaving. They even spot tested stains for me so I was able to choose the perfect one. I am very pleased with how the floors came out, they are beautiful. I even asked for business cards to hand out to friends/ family who need work done on their floors. My biggest thing was that, as a female home owner, it is difficult to find contractors/workers who are not trying to rip you off. Russ was 100% honest and did not try to sell me on process/product that I didn't need which made me feel very comfortable working with him.
Description of Work
Sanded and refinished existing hardwood floors in living room, hallway and 3 bedrooms
$3,000
MARAL O.
10/17/2014
Russ called me back within a 1/2 hr of my leaving a message. He gave me a quote over the phone which matched exactly to what it ended up costing. You could tell just from the phone that he was very knowledgeable and professional. I met with him so he could see the space - he was ontime (I was actually late!) and explained everything from what product is best to use and why. I wasn't physically there when the work was done but the finished product was amazing and they left the place very clean. I was extremely pleased with his response, professionalism, honesty and follow thru. Thank you Russ and team!
Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floors in my investment condo - appx 450 sq ft
$1,200
Lorraine L.
10/06/2014
The three workers arrived on time and immediately got to work removing the existing flooring. Fortunately, the flooring came up easily which meant that the entire job took only one day. The men were friendly and professional and worked with only a lunch break. Laying the new flooring was completed by 5PM. They cleaned up inside and out (where the had their power saw stationed). They completed the clean-up by about 5:30PM. I am extremely pleased with the new floor and the job the men did. The original estimate for the job was $3200, based on problems removing the old floor, and two men working for one and a half to two days. The owner of Precision Hardwood Flooring came here today to check the job and get paid. He told me that because the old floor came up easily and the job took three men one day, he was charging me $2850, not $3200. Also, he's coming back in a few days to do two things I wanted done I recommend Precision Hardwood Flooring without any reservations. They are honest and do beautiful work.
Description of Work
Removed existing parquet flooring in dining room and installed new hardwood flooring.
$2,850
kathryn D.
07/14/2014
They were the cheapest. It was beautiful, I have no complaints. This is the first experience I had with them. Price was very good.
Description of Work
Hardwood flooring
Eileen C.
07/14/2014
They were quick to respond and set up appt. Work performed 2 weeks from estimate date. They arrived on time and were punctual each workday. They stuck with the estimated price, so no hidden costs. Extremely clean workmen, and no dust or evidence they were there except for a beautifully restored floor.
Description of Work
Sanded bedroom floor to bare wood. Cherry stain and 3 coats of poly. Upstairs level of a 75+ year old home.
$525
Gail K.
02/01/2014
Russell of Precision Hardwood Flooring was contacted on a Friday to remove current flooring and replace it with new hardwood floors in my daughter's one-bedroom condo. (He had completed an estimate in November prior to her taking possession of the apartment). The two workers (Efrain and Oscar) from Precision Flooring showed up bright and early on Monday morning to begin the process of removing the carpeting and padding while they waited for the wood flooring to be delivered. Both Efrain and Oscar were personable and professional and worked diligently to complete the necessary work. The entire process was completed on Tuesday afternoon. Both men cleaned up all the debris, and swept the floor, leaving it move-in ready. They also removed all of the carpeting, padding, molding, and took it all to the dumpster. Russell checked in frequently with his workers and with us during the process to make sure that it was going satisfactorily. The final cost of the entire process was a little higher than we had expected due to the increased cost of the flooring and some additional repairs that needed to be made. All in all, we were all exceptionally pleased with the work that had been done and the gorgeous new flooring that had been installed. We are planning to use Precision Hardwood Flooring in the future when we have our family room re-done.
Description of Work
Removed carpeting and padding; replaced part of sub-floor that was damaged; installed new hardwood flooring and molding
$6,000
Brennan Y.
09/24/2013
Very good. Took about a week and the floors look like new.
Description of Work
Refinished hardwood floor on a 3 bedroom/ 2.5 bath house. Approximately 2200 sq ft.
$5,200
Linda C.
08/29/2013
His workers were efficient and thoroughly professional. They did an excellent job. Our new floor is beautiful!
Description of Work
He removed the old hardwood floor in the living room and den and installed a new one.
$5,400
Julia F.
01/27/2013
Overall, Precision Flooring did an absolutely beautiful job. Friends and family that visit my home continue to compliment how beautiful the floors look. I highly recommend Precision Flooring.
Description of Work
Russ came out and met with me and my husband on a Saturday even though he had to be at his son's baseball game. We got a quote and Russ agreed to fit us into his busy schedule and accomodate us even though we only had a week to spare before moving in. He also discussed with us the level of gloss/finish and color. His team removed all carpeting, refinished and stained the hardwood flooring in the living room and dining room of our just purchased home. Once it was sanded, the foreman, Efrain, stained a portion of the floor (Early American) to make sure it was to my liking before he proceeded. Upstairs, we were planning on refinishing the wood floors underneath the carpet but discovered that there were too many patches that needed to be repaired as the second floor had been reconfigured at some point. Russ worked with us to give us a fair price on laying entirely new floors upstairs, as that was not the original plan. Ultimately, they laid new wood floors in the hallway, 3 bedrooms, and an office upstairs. They also sanded and refinished the stairs and did all the trim along the molding.
$10,000
Pasqua C.
11/05/2012
They were very accommodating and they arrived when they said they would. They were very nice and personable. They were here for the amount of time they said they would be and I was very happy with the work.
Description of Work
They cleaned and refinished my hardwood flooring. My was floor mainly in good condition so they only needed to be cleaned and then polyurethaned.
Whitney B.
08/02/2012
Russel came out and gave us an estimate. We had already removed the shag carpeting and taken all the staples out ourselves. Russell walked us through the house and showed us boards that he thought would need to be replaced. He has the machines that suck the dust out into the truck so the lingering dust was minimal compared to what it could have been. Our floors are gorgeous and we have gotten so many compliments on them!
Description of Work
Refinished existing hardwood floors and replaced 8 boards.
$1,800
Judy G.
07/05/2012
They are beautiful. They had water damage and other things but he fixed them up beautifully. His bid was very fair.
Description of Work
Precision Hardwood Flooring refinished and fixed hardwood floors for me.
$5,000
Ralph S.
09/16/2011
We just bought a five-bedroom house and we were pretty anxious to move in, as my wife is about ready to give birth. But the floors were in so-so shape and we wanted to have them redone before we moved in all of the furniture. I spoke to Russ and he came up to the new place promptly to measure and give an estimate. It was very painless. He voluntarily explained that the first floor was actually in pretty good shape and didn't need an entire stripping and refinishing. He also immediately identified some scratches and gouges that he said he would work to correct. As for the second floor, he recommended stripping and refinishing. He also included a price for removing the gross carpeting in three of the rooms. The stairs to the second floor had some ridiculously cheap stick-on runners that had been sloppily adhered to the treads. He explained that the gluey strips could be sanded away. He said that we could opt for the "dustless" process at an additional charge, but he didn't recommend it since we had not moved in yet, which I was happy to hear (it saved us $300). Russ was able to give us recommendations for matching the finish on the few areas that we were going to leave in original condition. Russ also was very patient in explaining the timeline, which was important to us, since we wanted to move in ASAP. To make a long story short, the work was completed exactly on schedule, and for exactly the price quoted (plus tax, of course). The floors look great and we couldn't be happier with the result. There was a bit of dust left over on the counters and things, but we expected this, having declined the "dustless" system. The workers cleaned thoroughly after their work and securely bagged all of the dust and refuse in the driveway. Russ always called back promptly when we bugged him for updates and changes (what can I say, it was a challenging relocation). His crew checked in by cell phone as needed, and were very polite. We would recommend Precision Flooring to anyone!

Review for Precision Hardwood Flooring - 31 Stillo Drive, Airmont, NY - 3450195Review for Precision Hardwood Flooring - 31 Stillo Drive, Airmont, NY - 3450195
Description of Work
Removed gross carpeting from three rooms and also from stairs. Stripped and refinished entire second floor; recoated (not stripped) most of first floor. Stripped and refinished stairs.
$2,600
Joseph F.
06/13/2011
They were prompt. I will consider using their services in the future.
Description of Work
Precision Hardwood Flooring gave me an estimate for hardwood floor refinishing in several rooms in my house.
Andrew J.
10/19/2009
The whole process was very smooth. He came the next day for an estimate. They completed the job as promised and I am very happy. The workers were neat and professional. It rarely goes this smooth.
Description of Work
They installed a new hardwood floor in my apartment. They had the best price so I went with them.
$2,400
GENE P.
08/21/2008
It went fine. It took tree days to get all of their work done. They put down three coats of the refinishing product. They did a good job. They cleaned up after themselves when they were done working.
Description of Work
He came to my house and he sanded a living and hall floor, then he refinished both.
$800