Made in the Shade Patio & BBQ

Founded 2002 • With Angi since May 2006

6625 South Valley View Blvd Ste 212

Las Vegas, NV 89118

All of our BBQ Islands are custom built to fit your needs and blend into your existing home design/landscaping. Wide variety of colorful tile, stone, brick and stucco. Specialize in Pizza Ovens, Fireplaces, Patio Covers and Spa surrounds. Tansform your backyard into a complete outdoor room with refrigerator, microwave, ovens, sinks, hot/cold water, drawers and lighting and other accessories. Additional DBA - Made in the Shade Patio & BBQ....

03/27/2018

Ronald S.

Excellent in planning, completion of project, and follow-up. I encountered 3 issues during installation, and they were all promptly and satisfactorily addressed during the install. John ensured that all issues were addressed and also worked around our schedule.

Description of Work
Courtyard - Custom fire pit, custom water feature, pavers

Category decks, fireplaces, fountains, patios

03/17/2018

donald S.

It didn’t go. Company quit contacting me. I left messages, emails, etc. No reply after initial visit. I guess when they didn’t want my business so I will go elsewhere.

Description of Work
Looking to replace my barbecue island/outdoor kitchen

Category gas grill repair, outdoor kitchens

12/25/2015

Donna D.

Category ceramic tile, decks

10/11/2015

Janis S.

Working with John first in designing of the project for size and shape and then going over where to put doors and drawers, etc was great. He gave good advice and was also very helpful with picking tile colors. The project was absolutely gorgeous and helped to turn my backyard into my favorite place. I have received compliments from friends, neighbors and even other trade people working at the house. I was totally satisfied with their work

Description of Work
Custom BBQ Island with grill, double side burner, refrigerator, insulated icebin, drawers, cabinets,small firepits. Also a 66 inch round dining height fire pit table From initial meeting with John to designing my custom bbq island and fire table, to actually building it was great. John was easy to work with. He had great ideas. I found it amazing that nothing was pre-built. The raw materials were dropped off 2 days in advance.. I watched as his workers constructed everything from scratch. Before they placed the tiles, they went over the different types of patterns they could do at each step of the construction. The end result was even better than I expected. I had went to two other places, but John seemed to be the best. I am totally thrilled with the job he did and everyone that has seen his work likes it. I would highly recommend him for the quality and value of his work.

Category ceramic tile, decks, outdoor kitchens

05/28/2015

B A.

Description of Work
We had two pergolas, a BBQ island, and a built-in bench put in. We had some lighting added as well as stubbing moved and other stubbing buried. John and his crew did a great job of helping us execute our vision. John also contributed to the vision which is important for me. I need someone to occasionally say "yes, that would look good" or "I wouldn't and here's why" or "have you thought about doing it like this?" Several times during the course of associated plumbing work, electrical work, structural work, etc. we were asked for clarification, given suggestions, and had minor issues corrected. Communication was excellent and we closed the project very comfortable that if anything needed to be revisited, repaired, or reviewed that Made in the Shade would make all necessary effort. John also guided us to a couple dependable contractors for followup work. The final product looks great and works great. Wouldn't hesitate to call again. Thanks John! | |

Category decks, outdoor kitchens

09/22/2014

Tamara E.

The design and build quality are amazing. We were pretty particular about what we wanted but John brought in some great ideas. Only downside, is he's very busy. So it took a little longer than it might have. But overall very pleased.

Description of Work
Large outdoor kitchen with pizza oven, BBQ, stove and a glass raised fire pit.

08/29/2013

teresa C.

see above.

Description of Work
John and his crew took my incredibly crude pencil drawing and turned it into a masterpiece. On schedule, on price and with perfection. It was more than I expected or asked for. grill, fridge, ice bin, trash bin, side grill, television enclosure, swamp cooler. I expected this job to be close to $25,000.00, but came in around $15,000.00. I rarely write reviews, but Made in the Shade deserves kudos.

01/07/2013

Andrea S.

Everything went as planned. We ran into some confusion over the wiring of the switch inside that operated the fans and lights, but it was worked out right away. The workers were quick and efficient and we are happy with the cover overall.

Description of Work
This company was hired to put up a patio cover in our backyard. We also asked them to install lighting, fans, and audio speakers.

Category awnings

05/02/2012

Jay B.

John, George and Crew ALWAYS arrived on time from first meeting for bid to completion of job. All permits were pulled and signed off complete. Every detail was taken care of. Job site was clean. Patio Cover came out better than we expected. Great Job

Description of Work
Installed a patio cover with outlets.

05/18/2006

This crew knew exactly what they were doing. The appliances were just fine, but they had to take everything apart and rebuild the support pieces. Their workman had a great deal of experience working with outdoor kitchens, because it is what they specialize in. It took about three days for them to finish, and we are happy with the results. We should have called Made in the Shade right away.

Description of Work
Made in the Shade Barbecue rebuilt our outdoor kitchen. It was started by another company, but did not function properly.

Category decks, home remodeling

Master Tile Installers, LLC

Master Tile Installers is a leading Tile Contractor in Las Vegas. Providing clients with a comprehensive approach to contracting and specialize in a wide range of services. Since it started out in 2017, It’s been committed to clients’ needs and satisfaction. Get in touch to receive your free estimate. Our clients are the number one priority, and We’ll go the extra mile to make sure they’re completely satisfied with service. Have a specific project that requires professional attention? Master Tile services are designed to tackle even the most complex projects. Call us today to discover how We can help.

ES Design Flooring Specialists

With over 35 years of experience, beautiful flooring & hard surface installation is our passion! We work avidly to stay abreast in our industry and our team consists of some the brightest flooring/surface design professionals in the field. We are passionate about providing quality workmanship, accurate timelines, affordable pricing and excel at communication during every phase of construction. Our professionalism is above all others and with 4 Nevada Contractor's licenses, bonded & insured this puts us on a platform above all others to take on a host of different projects. From new construction to remodeling ES Design Flooring will make your projects a reality! Additional DBA - Soebbing Flooring Inc.

McDowell Tile & Sons

Installing tile for more than 25 years, I learned to do tiling very young as my dad built custom homes growing up my brothers and i took to the flooring business. you name it, we can tile it! I love taking your ideas and making your project one of a kind.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express

Custom designed and built outdoor bbq islands, kitchens, fire pits and fireplaces, alumawood awnings, palapas, entertainment cabinets, barbecue grills & accessories.