5StarsHandyman.com

Founded 1996 • With Angi since February 2012

4455 N Chieftain St

Las Vegas, NV 89129

"Lance was completely awesome! He was ridiculously punctual..." -- "Lance is a courteous professional who I highly recommend. He is more of a craftsman than a handyman." At 5StarsHandyman.com, our prices can't be beat. With our $150 minimum we can usually fix any of our customers' needs. 5 Stars Handyman, prides itself on exceeding your expectations. We take the time to really listen and understand the desires of our customers, making sure they are fully satisfied -- just give us a call we do it all. (Don't miss work, we work around your schedule.) And we also offer discounts for multiple items when repaired at the same time. Call us now! (We accept all major credit cards through PayPal.)...

07/20/2017

Cindy C.

Lance Gonzalez was the only Las Vegas repairman who responded immediately, saved the door and the hinges, and managed to remove and replace the door moulding perfectly. He did a wonderful job.

Description of Work
Jammed door into utility room without additional access.

Category handyman service, doors

06/08/2017

Matthew O.

After leaving a voicemail, I received a call back and discussed the job and text him some pictures of the job. He offered to come by the next morning to review and quote the job. Upon inspection he provided a quote and once landlord approved, Lance was able to come by the next day. Lance called prior to arrival and was on time. Lance was cautious and had several drop clothes to protect the kitchen and surfaces. The work was done in short order and even textured the patch to match. Lance also offered advice on a few other projects (ceiling fan, outlets, etc) that are planned and once we pick out the items I will be calling Lance again. He was friendly, knowledgeable

Description of Work
After leaving a voicemail, I received a call back and discussed the job and text him some pictures of the job. He offered to come by the next morning to review and quote the job. Upon inspection he provided a quote and once landlord approved, Lance was able to come by the next day. Lance called prior to arrival and was on time. Lance was cautious and had several drop clothes to protect the kitchen and surfaces. The work was done in short order and even textured the patch to match. Lance also offered advice on a few other projects (ceiling fan, outlets, etc.) that are planned and once we pick out the items I will be calling Lance again. He was friendly, knowledgeable, on-time and thorough. (Lance provides a price guide of services you can keep for next time) I will be hiring Lance again.

01/29/2017

Dawn S.

NOT 5STARS I ended contract work with Lance to not provide complete start to finish work leaving six projects unpainted/textured. Given his higher rates to not include finishing projects - complete to look as it was prior to start was surprising and unacceptable. This sadly leaves me to give a poor rating which overshadows the meticulous work he provided at the onset. Lance provided but did not complete multiple handyman services over three month period.

12/20/2016

barry W.

He is always on time. Always friendly and courteous. Knowledgeable and skilled. Very efficient in getting the jobs done in a timely manner. His costs are quite reasonable, especially for the quality of work he does. Most of all, he does excellent work. We have been extremely pleased with every job he did. He even explained to me how to do two other projects myself. We will definitely call him for any more projects we may have. We highly recommend others to call Lance for their projects. The cost listed is for all three days of work and some materials.

Description of Work
We had Lance out here on three different occasions. He installed eight new closet doors and hardware on four large closets. He came again and installed four new vanities in two bathrooms and new shower doors in one of them. He came again and ran wiring and installed a new light fixture over one of the vanities and did a wall repair.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, doors

11/23/2016

Kenneth F.

Lance was great. Came out on short notice to knock these items out. Would hire again for sure!

Description of Work
Drywall repair Hang lights Hang Medicine Cabinets

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting

12/03/2015

Barbara Z.

Category handyman service, doors

06/17/2015

Timothy M.

HE ARRIVED AT NINE O'CLOCK. I EXPLAINED WHAT I WANTED HIM TO DO AND DID ALL THE PROJECT NO PROBLEMS

Description of Work
HE DID EVERYTHING ON MY LIST

06/15/2015

Charles J.

Everything about this job was as ideal as can be hoped for. The work started early and we ran together over to a neighborhood Home Depot to get the things we needed. This ended up being a one-man job and everything was done in time and everything looked fantastic when it was all said and done. The owner (Lance) of this company has experience as a home builder and it shows with every measurement and cut he made, all was done with tremendous care and precision. It was a joy to watch and actually to get to be a part of the process. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs something done around their home. I'm pretty sure if Lance isn't able to, he probably knows someone who can. Thank you Lance for all the great work. I'll be calling you again soon for some other things and I look forward to our next encounter.

Description of Work
Specialty custom repairs for a VA inspection on a fire door access to the garage (covering a pre-existing dog door that didn't belong on the door and added a spring closure) also covered a garage access to the attic per the requirements of the inspector to protect against fire spread to the attic. These repairs were done with little direction and a lot of creative ingenuity. Fantastic work!

Category handyman service, home improvement stores

06/04/2015

George L.

Lance, the owner, did a great job. Work was done on 4 separate days. Great attention to detail, professional and prompt. Installed over 20 windows and a slider.

Description of Work
Installed sound proof windows and a sliding glass door throughout the house.Lanvc

05/28/2015

christine T.

Lance was outstanding. He arrived on time, was very communicative and did a great job.

Description of Work
Perfomed dry wall repair and baseboard installation

05/07/2015

Lisa P.

Lance and his colleague were absolutely fantastic. I am still surprised that they wiped out the entire list of tasks that I had. I did not expect everything on the list to get done - I didn't feel there was enough time. But Lance and Gene completed everything. Lance responded to my Angie's List query in a timely manner, and was prompt in arriving when he said he would. They got right to work and stayed busy the entire day. I am SO glad I found this company, and will absolutely use them in the future. A+++

Description of Work
I bought the "handyman for a day" package. I had a huge list of tasks, including hanging a cabinet in the garage, putting up a screen door, also several mesh doors, install solar lights, fix sliders and slider screens, hang mirrors, fix part of a vinyl floor, build a woodstove heater, repair verticals, and a few more odds and ends. 1 mesh doors 2 screen door install .5 mesh doors .5 water heater straps .5 verticals fix 1 hang mirrors .5 spot on floor in garage .5 fix slider screens 1 solar lights build heater baseboards in garage

Category handyman service, lighting, doors

04/27/2015

Tomiko P.

He was helpful and didn't need to answer my questions about window repair. He was very knowledgeable and I would use him as well as recommend his services.

Description of Work
He answered an inquiry about a problem I had with my window. He didn't even need to respond to my question, but he did with very helpful information for me so I could get my problem fixed. I would use his services if needing handyman work just from his professionalism.

04/16/2015

Arlene G.

They were not able to do the work that I was needing done.

Description of Work
I purchased the Big Deal $459 Handyman for the Day.

03/09/2015

Jodi W.

They were professional, on time, efficient, good job. Very happy with their work.

Description of Work
Hung shelves, pictures, and a TV in a professional office.

09/27/2014

SUANN L.

The whole experience was excellent. Lance does fine work and communicated with me every step of the way. He is very neat also. He takes extra care to keep things clean.

Description of Work
Lance repaired a shower, installed a kitchen faucet and a garbage disposal.

09/24/2014

Lea R.

Description of Work
I originally had sent an email to Lance advising him that I didn't want holes in my walls; that I wanted him to use a product called 'Command' or one similar to hang artwork. Also, I had a lamp belonging to my roommate requiring repair and a bedframe as well. He spent the first hour telling me why a $50 lamp wasn't worth repairing and how he couldn't fix the bedframe and how he would have to go to a local store to look for the 'Command' product. He hung art crooked and when I advised him that the measurements were off he kept asking if I wanted him to leave. I advised I wanted him to do correctly the job I had asked him to do in advance. I was angry and went into my room to regroup and I returned in time to see he and his assistant leaving without notification. Shortly after, one of my art pieces fell off the wall. I advised that all money needed to be returned which it was.

Category handyman service, lighting

09/10/2014

Libby L.

Description of Work
The handyman arrived on time, did what we asked, kept the work area clean and finished on time. We are already scheduling our next set of tasks.

06/05/2014

Josh S.

04/28/2014

Dan D.

We live on adjacent to a busy street and decided to buy windows to install over our existing windows to help reduce the noise. We purchased the windows and they arrived in December. After New Year's, we decided to have them installed by someone who had done it before since we wanted it to look good in our house (vice my McGyver duct tape style). Lance and his assistant arrived as scheduled and were able to install 2 of the 3 windows, but the 3rd window was too narrow for the glass door he was installing it over. Lance pointed out that if he installed this window, it may crack the existing glass on the door. After contacting the company (with some wise words from Lance), they agreed to ship another window since the measurements were smaller than needed. After the replacement window arrived, Lance came out and had it up and looking great. The windows look great and function as advertised (not quite soundproof, but reduced noise is much better than it was before the windows were installed).

Description of Work
Installed soundproof windows

03/27/2014

Robin G.

He is the best handyman on the planet. He has done all kinds of handyman stuff all over my house. The list is huge. He is always professional, cleans up after himself. He is kind, nice, great. He gives you an honest quote and comes in and does honest work. He's professional, just the way he does everything is just perfect. I've referred him to several of my friends and family and I wouldn't ever consider using anybody else.

Description of Work
I last used 5 Stars Handyman 3 or 4 months ago.

11/18/2013

Neil S.

Recently, the hardware became a little loose and I tried to get in there to tighten the screws, but ran into difficulty. I called him to see if he could walk me through how to get the decorative plate off in order to tighten the screws. Because he is handy and I am not, we failed. He came over, showed me how to get the plate off in the future, tightened everything up and charged me nothing because he said he guarantees all his work for a year. Duplicate that in Las Vegas.

Description of Work
About a year ago, Lance diagnosed what was wrong with our front doors, suggested a solution, ordered the hardware, came back and installed new, hard to find hinges and a new deadbolt and hardware.

01/08/2013

Michelle E.

On time. Prices fair for the quality work. Professional. Will call again and again.

Description of Work
I moved recently and had to have several things done,(repairs and upgrades) I'm a widow and not very trusting of the service business, for several reasons...I tried LWaters and was very happy with his service, prices, and professionalism. He is a full service and experienced business and I have used him several times as well as shared his contact info with friends and business assoc. I now have him on my speed dial for all repairs as well as listed for some remodeling I plan on having done.

Category handyman service, lighting, architect

Kinetico Quality Water Systems

Whole house water conditioning, water softening, reverse osmosis drinking water, whole house reverse osmosis. Sodium-free, non-electric systems. Longest warranties int he industry. Rated highest in category by the leading consumer reporting magazine. Kinetico, non-electric systems, the most environmentally responsible water treatment systems in the world.

Sergeant Smith's Lockout & Roadside Svc Inc

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THIS AND OTHER VETERAN-OWNED BUSINESSES. An Angi SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER for virtually every year since 2006. Including 2021! 22 years of active Military service with an additional 16 years of Locksmith experience. Specializing in: REKEYING of Commercial and Residential LOCKS (and making KEYS), WIRELESS HOME SECURITY CAMERAS (like RING), Commercial and Residential ELECTRONIC and SMART LOCK SYSTEMS, UNLOCKING of most vehicles, Commercial and Residential LOCKED OUTS, GARAGE REMOTES and Programming, Unlocking of SAFES (depending on the type), Unlocking of CABINETS and FILING DRAWERS. FAST, COURTEOUS & RELIABLE services at an affordable price! Feel free to call or text 702-289-5555 any time. Respectfully, Sergeant Smith, MSgt., US Air Force, Ret. Nevada State Business License #NV20131153486.

Offers by Sergeant Smith's Lockout & Roadside Svc Inc on Angi
    Deuces Duct Cleaning

Family owned and operated Las Vegas based air duct & dryer vent cleaning company. Deuces Duct Cleaning (NADCA certified) specialized in cleaning the various heating and cooling system components of forced air systems. This includes the supply and return air ducts. We clean all grilles, diffusers, blower fan, heat exchanges and cooling coils and, we clean out that fire trap of dryer vent!

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Replacements & Repairs - Water Faucets, Shower & Tub Valves, & Toilets & Sinks, Fans, Light Switches, Plugs, GFIS, Garbage Disposals, Lighting, Door Repairs, Base Boards, & Casing & Sheet Rock Holes.

A/C or Concrete work.