Alpine Heating and Cooling

Founded 1972 • With Angi since December 2005

36BI00521700

125 Hillside Ave

South River, NJ 08882

Alpine is a four-generation, family-owned and operated business and has been the premier Air Conditioning and Heating Company in Central NJ for over 45 years. We offer repairs, full system replacements as well as oil-to-gas conversions. We design HVAC systems specific to our customers’ needs, budget, and home size. Systems are designed to increase efficiency, lower utility bills and many come with sizable rebates. We install whole-house generators and sump pumps for your home safety and peace of mind. Alpine also installs and services hot water heaters, and can evaluate and install indoor air quality systems such as humidifiers and air cleaners to help customers breathe easier. We have received the Angie’s List Super Service Award for the past 8 years and are a Premier Lennox Dealer, which gives us access to discount pricing, incentives and rebates that are passed directly to our customers. We also carry Trane, American Standard and service all brands of Air Conditioners and Furnaces. Our technicians are fully trained, licensed and insured. Please call our office today so that we can provide you with additional information, make an appointment or schedule a free estimate. Email to reach: service@alpinegreen.net. Secondary number: 732-238-9300....

HVAC Companies (215)water heaters (38)generator service (15)plumbers (14)air duct cleaning (4)fireplace services (3)

03/10/2022

Muriel K.

Great. They are very professional. We have used them for well over 40 years. They have many service trucks and can respond to a call very quickly.

Description of Work
Yearly service and new air conditioner

Work Completed On 03/10/2022

05/12/2021

William H.

The Service Technician Eric, performed all service in a professional manner and kept me informed as he checked the three systems. All systems are in excellent condition thanks to Alpine.

Description of Work
Service was performed on my AC unit, my supplemental AC unit and my generator as part of my service contract.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,generator service

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

Thanks Bill! We appreciate your loyalty and having you as a customer.

12/06/2020

Marc P.

We had used Alpine previously for small system repairs and were satisfied with their service. This was a big project, however, and we obtained several quotes. Their price was in the middle and we felt more confident using them, based on past experience. The crew of three showed up right on time. They were very professional. Wore masks the entire time, due to the pandemic and used shoe covers and drop cloths to minimize tracking dirt into the house. They worked well together and willingly answered all my questions. They cleaned up the debris before they left and explained the operation of the system thermostat, answering all questions. And the furnace even worked after they left! Won't be able to comment on the AC unit for several months. Could not have asked for better service.

Description of Work
Replaced 43 year old gas furnace and 15 year old AC unit.

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy you are pleased with the system, installation and our crew. Please let us know if you need anything. We will return in the spring to do a full start up and test of the air conditioner.

10/08/2020

Ania K.

Alpine Heating and Cooling replaced our old two-zone heating and cooling system with a new energy efficient one. The team of installers arrived as scheduled, and the installation was done quickly and professionally. Alpine applied for the permits and we passed the inspection with flying colors. Their pricing was very competitive. We are very happy with the new system and reduced utility bills.

Description of Work
Replacement of two-zone HVAC system

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

10/01/2020

K L.

Very professional. Had requested a 30 minute call before arrival and the service technician did exactly. Really appreciated the adherence to my request. Thank you so much for a great job done!

Description of Work
Water Heater - Install bonding wire Furnace check

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 09/23/2020

09/29/2020

NANCY S.

The price was great! I got a very good product. They were polite and responsive to my concerns.

Description of Work
Installed new furnace and A/C with humidifier.

Work Completed On 08/08/2017

06/13/2020

Brenda B.

I had a very positive experience in dealing with Alpine. Starting with the person in the office, Robin. She was quick to respond to my questions and requests. The service people were professional and polite and were on time. The installation was done in a day. Their pricing for the job was considerably less than 3 other contractors I had in to give me estimates. I am extremely pleased with this company. I would call them for any other jobs I would need done.

Description of Work
AC and furnace installation.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 06/09/2020

06/11/2020

Martin Z.

Installation employees were very neat and professional. Job was on time and furnace worked perfectly when done. The installation people spotted a potential issue with my central air and corrected it at no additional charge. In addition they knew the building code requirements and made sure everything was handled and in compliance. This was the third time over a 12 year time period that I used them for a major installation. In addition to having a few maintenance and repair service over the last few years. I give these guys an A+ for job quality..

Description of Work
New gas hot air furnace

Work Completed On 12/02/2019

06/05/2020

Ram K.

These guys are absolute professionals. They came on time and did the job on time and completed in few hours. They explained what they have done and how to take care of the new system etc etc. Definitely would recommend these guys for any one.

Description of Work
We had to replace our 30 plus year old HVAC system in our Tome Home.

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

03/17/2020

Barry J.

Annual maintenance contract. Thirty fourth year of dependable service Have used them since 1979. With continuous contract through 3 furnaces and 3 Air conditioners and now 1 water heater. The most trouble -free service I have ever experienced.

Description of Work
Annual Maintance Contract

Work Completed On 03/17/2020

03/16/2020

Ann R.

I've done business with Alpine for 15 years and have been very satisfied.

Description of Work
Twice a year maintenance on my heating/air conditioning system. Another time needed a part replaced.

Work Completed On 10/16/2019

02/15/2020

Robert M.

Available when I needed and arrived on time. Fix problem and performed maintenance. Reasonable price.

Description of Work
Boiler not heating up intermittently

Work Completed On 02/15/2020

09/09/2019

Paul R.

I’ve been an Alpine customer since 1975. Alpine is a remarkable example of a small business model (regardless of industry) that other businesses would be smart to emulate. It’s astounding, how they continue to flourish given accelerated market threats, market opportunities and government regulations. They also figured out how to stay more than relevant even with rapidly changing technologies, suppliers and price, along with the active consolidation of small companies by the behemoths (e.g. public utilities, big-box). Their secret sauce is their founding principles of authentic commitment to customer perceived value and continuing to grow/train their exceptional technical service folks. Congratulations on achieving and sustaining your founding vision. Well done! --------------------------My Alpine History------------------------------------------------ I moved to NJ in 1975 and began an immediate search for the best services providers (e.g. MDs, HVACs, Auto Mechanics). I have extremely high standards in terms of quality, price, customer focus and ethics. Furthermore, because of my professional background as a senior consultant for IBM, I am very detailed and fact oriented. All houses in my development had been built 15 years earlier with ducts for forced-air heating only. I brought 3 specialist contractors to evaluate installing AC using the existing ducts. Art Staloff (the owner of Alpine Refrigeration, founded 1972) was the only contractor whose assessment seemed credible and reasonably priced and then proved to be absolutely true. Over a 44 span, I’ve exclusively used Alpine for all my HVAC needs and most recently a whole-house generator. I’ve also taken advantage of their well-priced and high-value pre-season service agreements Paul Raskas East Brunswick, NJ

Description of Work
New Central A/C Equipment

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,generator service

Work Completed On 05/24/2019

09/09/2019

Lisa C.

We have been customers of Alpine for 23 years. We routinely use their service (maintenance contract) for our heating and a/c tune-ups. Alpine is highly professional and Art & Robin provide excellent service to their customers. Ex. we were having trouble with our furnace kicking in and their tech worked for few hours - Art then came over to inspect and said it was time to look at the cost of the repair hours vs. new furnace. We were leaving in three days on a cruise and were worried about no heat in house as temps were expected to drop. Art sent his team the next day! Our Lennox unit has worked like a dream and is 95% efficiency actually lowering our heating cost. Hire Alpine, Art, Robin and team to get the job done - and know you are in good hands!

Description of Work
Spring/Fall servicing of Heating system/AC

Work Completed On 11/09/2016

09/07/2019

philip S.

They were punctual, professional and neat. They made suggestions for modifications that I followed and they worked out good.

Description of Work
Installed furnace and A/C in past and have service contracts with them yearly since.

Work Completed On 05/07/2019

09/04/2019

Karen G.

They did a wonderful job. They left the area clean and was very professional in their service. My husband used them since 1978 for his building until he sold it. He has always spoken of them very highly. Needless to say we both would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Air condition and furnace

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

07/21/2019

Gopal M.

The technician advised that the problem was due to the condenser coil being clogged over the years, rather than lack of refrigerant or leakage. He cleaned the coils, and the unit seems to be working. That said, my evaluation is still in progress, and I won't know for sure till I see my next electric bill. The technician was professional, courteous and knowledgeable. Thanks.

Description of Work
Repair my A/C unit

Work Completed On 07/21/2019

06/19/2019

Reghupathi H.

The experience initially was ok. This is the second time we were using this company. The pricing was ok actually more than another quote we received from a competitor. Bur since the first time went well we decided to go with them again. However after the installation was completed they insisted on taking a check vs credit card.. We paid through check and then called the company to discuss the reason, the owner came on line and spoke very unprofessionally and rudely including telling me that no one will ever take credit card for these types of services.. he forgot that we have done a few times in the past.. The reasoning given was he has to shell out 3% as processing fees.. Ok understandable.. but then tell us that... vs talking rudely and unprofessionally. He just basically sounded like he doesn't care for the customer after the work is done and he got paid.. I would not recommend this company ever to any one if your interest is to get a good customer experience through out.. Installing AC with standard brand name equipment - plenty of installers are available , but look for an end to end good customer experience.. This was not good at all..

Description of Work
Air Condition install

Work Completed On 06/19/2019

Sorry you were disappointed with the payment process. We are a small business and specialize in HVAC, not banking and payment processing. We have been in business for 47 years thanks to our expertise in service and installation of air conditioners, furnaces, generators and hot water heaters. We pride ourselves in being competitive with pricing and do not try to up-sell on an installation or add to additional repairs or upgrades when we do service. Also, excellent customer service and experience. Our contract clearly states that we only accept credit cards for deposits up to a certain limit. It is standard practice across ours and many industries, as fees make it harder to run a business, purchase inventory and pass savings along to our customers. We should have had a conversation and set expectations prior to acceptance, but you did not raise any issues. I am sorry if you found the owner's conversation rude. Our proposal terms were clearly stated prior to the excellent job that was done. These marks should be reserved for HVAC reviews and experiences, not your frustration about not collecting credit card miles on a job well done. However, no customer should feel disregarded or dissatisfied and for that we apologize. We will be here to support the work. Thank you.

03/14/2019

Jon L.

Nothing has changed since 1975. Great service. Great prices. Knowledgeable professional technicians. caring efficient office staff. Why use anyone else?

Description of Work
A/C Installation & maintenance

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

03/11/2019

Howard S.

Sysem has performed with no issues. This company is always prompt, professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Installation of new furnace/AC system, and water heater. Subsequent service contract for several years now.

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

03/08/2019

Rose M.

I hired them to fix 2 leaky radiators guy came over the 1st time and said he fixed the problem. My radiators were still leaking and in the intrem I received a bill for over $400. I called them up to advise radiators were still leaking. Second time, the guy assured it was fixed. I paid them. Then I noticed my bedroom radiator was still leaking and of course at this point im extreamly frustrated. Third time, they sent out another guy. I received yet another bill for a hundred some odd dollars for work that should have been done the first or even second time?? Of course I called Alpine to dispute the bill. The owner got on the phone OMG!! How rude was this man to me!! From the beginning of the conversation talking over me telling me he's not going to get into a yelling match when all along he was the one raising his voice. What ever happened to customers are always right?? Really?? For $100?? Wow this man was the worse!! So nasty with his way of talking. I asked him if he was going to let me talk he said yes only to then tell me if I didn't want to pay then not to and that he didn't need my business and hung up on me. Good luck to whom ever hires them! Customer service ladies that work there are very nice, good luck to them having to work with a money hungry nasty talking peice of work for lack of a better term.

Description of Work
Leaky water heaters

Cost $416.53

Work Completed On 02/08/2019

We are happy to have spoken and resolved the issue.

09/23/2018

Donald B.

Excellently. I arranged for estimates from two respected HVAC companies and selected Alpine, who installed our previous HVAC system 24 years ago. They did an outstanding job installing a Lennox SLP98V ultra-efficient furnace, SL18XC1 air conditioner, iComfort thermostat, and HC11 media filter. The installers arrived on time and completed the changeout in a day-and-a-half. This included adding a furnace air intake through a concrete basement wall, modifying the supply and return plenums, and re-installing our humidifier. They cleaned up everything. The new system is quiet, wi-fi enabled, and alerts Alpine (and me) if there are problems. It even provides operating logs (if you're so inclined.)

Description of Work
Replaced gas furnace and A/C system

Work Completed On 09/18/2018