Anchor Moving & Storage

Founded 1969 • With Angi since July 2012

353 Crider Ave

Moorestown, NJ 08057

Established in 1969, Anchor Moving & Storage is a family owned and operated business located in Moorestown, NJ, a suburb of Philadelphia, PA servicing the entire Delaware Valley. Anchor has been providing superior relocation services for residential and commercial clients’ worldwide, captivating customers with the best of both local family services and national long distance capability. We recognize that every project is unique, which is why we dedicate the time to develop a customized plan tailored to your specific needs. Anchor Moving & Storage, an agent for Atlas Van Lines, is small enough to care, while big enough to get the job done. You will experience our emphasis on quality service and exceptional care while handling your belongings. Our office employees all have at least 10 years of experience in the industry, some with over 30. You will find friendly, helpful people ready to listen and answer your questions about moving every step of the way. As an agent for Atlas Van Lines, every day is a moving day for Anchor Moving and Storage. Anchor Moving & Storage is a proud partner of Atlas Van Lines....

10/12/2021

Sally P.

My movers arrived on time. They really took care in wrapping our furniture to ensure nothing was damaged. I moved from a three story townhome so there was a lot to do! They were personable and trustworthy and I would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
I moved into a new house.

Category moving companies

Thank you for the business and review. We’ll be sure to share your appreciation with both the office staff and moving crew. Good luck with your new home.

08/19/2021

Barb J.

The four movers were fantastic!! Extremely professional courteous & hard workers. We highly recommend Anchor Moving & Storage

Description of Work
House move

08/02/2021

Sujay D.

The folks at Anchor Moving were great. We had the unfortunate circumstance where the day of our move, the home we were purchasing fell through so we had no place to take our stuff. Terry and her team were quickly able to get us into a storage facility while we figured out our next move. Once we found a new home, Terry and her team delivered our items quickly. Javier, the lead mover, and his team did an exceptional job delivering our items and moving things around the house to the correct location. This included putting beds and furniture together. I would highly recommend the team at Anchor - they did a wonderful job. We have some heavy items here in our home so if/when we decided to move them, I'll be giving them a call for sure!

Description of Work
3 bedroom, single family home move to storage facility then to our new home 1.5 months later

Category hauling services,moving companies,storage units

09/09/2020

Rob W.

We hired Anchor Moving and Storage to move our residence. Their service was second to none. They arrived 10 minutes early. They worked very efficiently and were extremely polite and courteous. They did an outstanding job and I would definitely hire them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
In state move

Category hauling services,moving companies

08/06/2018

Adam S.

First of all, I don't take leaving a review like this one lightly. I know that businesses thrive on good reviews and can suffer from poor ones in the online age, but my wife and I felt so strongly about our experience that we wanted our voice heard and to warn others how our move went with Anchor. The estimate experience was great and we felt comfortable hiring them. Gary came out to the house, looked at what we had and provided an estimate based on what they saw. We were also assured that the crew would be wrapping furniture with protective padding to prevent damages. This was part of the service we purchased. Upon moving day, the crew arrived on time and my mother was at the property in our absence as we were at closing. When the crew arrived at the new house with our things, we noticed as they began unloading that none of the furniture was wrapped as we were told would be done to avoid damages. They finished unloading and when it was time to pay, we were getting two total amounts that were different from each other. The woman on the phone at anchor was giving one price and the crew supervisor was giving another amount. We also heard the crew say a few times 'Is this Doug's job or Gary's?' which gave us the impression that this was not the normal crew or that the job was subcontracted out. When I asked Gary about that, he said that they don't do that and all crews are Anchor employees. We paid, tipped the crew and were ready to start unpacking. When we started unpacking and taking stock of things, we noticed that many of our pieces of furniture had been damaged. Our daughter's crib had multiple scrapes, dents and chips as did our brand new dressers, a server/buffet and our nightstand. A shelf unit appeared to have been slid across the truck as the side of it was so scuffed that it cannot be used. Our sofa was scraped and the corner ripped. These are things that would not have happened had the furniture been wrapped as we were told it would be. When we contacted Anchor to file a claim, it was very difficult to get Gary or Sandy on the phone to discuss the status. Multiple unanswered emails and phone calls unanswered later, we finally received news that our claim would be approved and we received a check for $1 per pound of damaged items. Needless to say, the check isn't enough to replace even half of the damaged pieces. Additional notes - one of the crew members said to both my wife and I that this was his first day with this crew and that they 'do not know what they are doing.' Also, they took a 30 minute lunch break and we were charged for that time. When we asked Anchor about this, they did not answer and dismissed it. If their employees are taking breaks (which they should be entitled to do of course), it shouldn't be charged to the customer as time worked. The only reason this is not an F review is because the price was close to the estimate given and because our move did actually take place. Do not hire this company.

Description of Work
Local move from one home to another

03/18/2018

eric S.

Wish I knew how it would go. On 2/23/18, I sought online estimates from 5 generally well reviewed moving companies in the Burlington, NJ area. 4 of them sent me quotes within a day or two of my request. Anchor never responded to my request for an estimate made through its website. But, I gave Anchor one more chance and went back into it's website on or about 3/15/18 to again request an estimate. It's now 3/18/18 and I still have received no response from them. They either are doing so well they have no need for my approx. $3,700-5,000 job or they are just bad about responding to requests made through their own online quote system. C'est la vie.

Description of Work
Long Distance Move from NJ to South FL

Category moving companies

Mr. [Member Name Removed], After receiving your online complaint, we searched our records and found no indication of ever having a phone conversation or in-home estimate scheduled. I apologize the email that you wrote Thursday evening for a rate request was not responded to in a timelier manner. It is certainly not an indication of our desire or ability to relocate a family successfully. As a family owned business, we do pride ourselves on personalized attention which is why we have a toll free # that is answered by a live person during business hours and not an automated voice mail attendant. I'm sure at this point you've moved onto one of your other 4 estimates that you've received. We would have liked to have had the opportunity to resolve your concern at least over the phone prior to reading about it online. If you would like to discuss your move, I certainly welcome your call. 800-292-0026 - Mike. You can ask for myself, Lisa, or Terry.

12/12/2017

Steve R.

Poorly. Two of five workers showed up on time and as a team they were not the A team more like F Troop. There was only one fellow who seemed to know what he was doing and while he got bogged down in complicated problems the rest of the team went into slow-down mode. Damage was more than it should have been with broken glass, wall gouges an nicks to furniture. I had to do a lot of dis-assembling since workers didn't have the proper tools. The price came out to twice their estimate because hours spent on the move. As I mentioned I feel that the crew wasn't moving with dedication, they were not all on time they had issues with the way they packed the truck and had to re-arrange things so they could pack their own ramps. All of which cost me more money. Damage including broken glass is in the range of $300 to $400 most of which I've repaired myself or still have to take care of.

Description of Work
Moved small amount of large furniture pieces about 8 miles

11/29/2017

Bruce D.

Went fabulous. From initial phone call to move, they were professional, punctual and reasonable. Move went very smoothly, they said they would arrive between 8 and 9 and arrived at 8 on the dot. They had to first pack a separate storage unit and were back at our house within an hour, ready to move.

Description of Work
Moving from Mount Laurel to Medford

Category moving companies

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are so happy that you appreciate our efforts. Good luck in your new home.

09/20/2017

Debby F.

Excellent!! John and his team we amazing! Professional, friendly and just about the hardest workers I have ever seen. Moving from the storage unit in a few months and will definitely be requesting John and his team again.

Description of Work
Moved to a storage unit and other house

Category moving companies

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience that you had with our staff. We appreciate your business and are thrilled that you were more than satisfied. Enjoy your new home.

09/13/2017

Barry S.

I'm not certain how this could have been any worse. The movers did nothing but complain about how much stuff we owned. One of them actually asked me if he could have a bottle of tequila to which, of course, I said no. When unpacking later I found that half of it was gone. My belongings were damaged in the move. They actually dropped and broke my microwave. They gauged my walls taking my appliances in. And the complaining continued...too much stuff...too hot...too long. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Description of Work
Moving to new home

Great Moving and Storage Inc

We specialize in local and long-distance moving services! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

4thebirdsMoving

Packing is the worst. Well, not for us because it's what we do. We have it down-pat, and our system will leave you without stress. Dependent on your needs, our team will customize an effective system that works for you. We cover the supplies and will work with you to ensure your items are taken care of. We are not going to just come in your house the day before and pack things in a box and send you on your way.

Offers by 4thebirdsMoving on Angi
    Junk Rescue

Junk Rescue is a fully licensed, fully insured, full service Junk Removal Service. We take just about anything, no matter where the items are located on your property. Whether you are a home owner or business owner (large or small), Junk Rescue will provide you with a heroic experience that you will never forget. The best part is that you won’t have to lift a finger throughout the entire process. We do all of the labor, loading, and disposal. Once we remove your items, our #1 priority is to donate any salvageable items and give back to those in need. Any items that cannot be donated will then be recycled and disposed of responsibly.

Offers by Junk Rescue on Angi

Residential & corporate moving on a nationwide & worldwide basis. Storage. Full packing & crating services.

Hazmats.