Accent Improvements

Founded 2008 • With Angi since October 2013

3.3

333 W Clinton St Shop

Haledon, NJ 07508

We are a general contractor so we do have subs that work with us. The advantage is that it is the same crews on every project that we do. We don't bid out jobs and get the cheapest company to do the work and keep the savings for us. We always have the same quality on every project we do.

08/05/2015

Robert K.

Description of Work
The SunSetter awning is of high quality and Accent's installation was punctual and well done. The only problem is the the awning was delivered to our home by UPS Freight and the heaviest package was over 200 pounds and very hard to move to the garage as the service is curb delivery.

Category awnings, decks

09/06/2014

odette A.

Accent Improvements did a beautiful job, except for some delays in the shipment of materials,which was not their fault,, they always return my calls whenever I do some follow ups,I highly recommend thiscompany

Description of Work
Awning installation,

Category awnings, decks

08/28/2014

Michael R.

This was the worst experience that we have had with any contractor in the 12 years that we have owned our home. Delivery of the awning was late. This was partially due to the incompetent shipping company that Sunesta and Accent Improvement chooses to work with (Old Dominion Freight Lines), and partially due to the absence of follow-up on the part of the owner, Jeff Serfaty. We could not get any kind of straight answer from Jeff on the reason for the delay, or on the breakdown of costs (simple requests like a breakdown of the amount paid into cost of awning, shipping, and installation charges were ignored by him). Worst of all, he was completely rude and inconsiderate to my wife. He yelled at her on several occasions and called her unreasonable, which I thought was completely inappropriate and unprofessional. It is fine for him not to like us, but I would have expected him to have a little more self-control and consideration for his customers. It was particularly frustrating that when he did arrive to unpack and install the awning, that the awning color was quite different than what we were shown when he came to our house to do the estimate. Jeff showed up without a book of fabric samples, instead relying on the Sunesta website for us to select the awning color. Jeff assured us that while the color might be slightly different on a tablet screen as compared to actual fabric, the difference would be minimal. It was most certainly not a minimal difference, and he was completely dismissive of any of our complaints (again in a disrespectful manner). He did not accept any responsibility for any of these issues (timing of delivery, color discrepancy). We had trusted Jeff's judgement that the color of the awning would match with our newly painted house colors - placing our trust in him was clearly our mistake. As Sunesta does not have any other dealers in the area besides Accent Improvements and Jeff Serfaty, I would have to recommend that people in this area shopping for an exterior awning use a company other than Sunesta.

Description of Work
Install a Sunesta awning over our back deck

Category decks

It is very unfortunate I could not resolve the numerous issues you have brought forth in this review. We pride ourselves at Accent Improvements in our ability to satisfy our customers. And unfortunately in this instance, our tireless efforts in trying to work through any dissatisfaction were futile. I’d like to take this opportunity to address some of your comments. All of the costs and breakdowns are on my contracts. Anything additional can be outlined when requested. This was another situation where we were not provided the opportunity to get that request fulfilled for you. Accent Improvements has the privilege to work with the most prominent awning manufacturers. In this instance, it is Sunesta. We, the installer, do not determine the shipping company. It is up to the manufacturer on how and whom they choose to ship their products out. All of the shipping information and processes are explained upfront during the initial appointment and must be agreed upon by all parties. When the shipping issue arose at the last minute, even though it was outside of our control, we tried to work through a reasonable solution for the 1-day delay. Sunesta fabric colors are available on their website. When using the site and not the actual fabric book, it is explained explicitly by the site and myself that the color will vary. I did offer to return to your home with the fabric book prior to placing the order and the offer was declined. When the fabric didn’t meet your satisfaction, again this was unfortunately something not in our control. However, I did offer to contact Sunesta with you, in order to voice your concerns to the manufacturer. It seems the shipping issue was the catalyst for the remainder of the dissatisfaction. Which again, is very unfortunate. I pride myself in customer satisfaction and loyalty and this particular interaction has left me very dismayed. In the end, your awning was received and it was installed as originally contracted. I apologize again for any inconvenience this experience has caused. We will forward your review to Old Dominion Shipping Corp as well as Sunesta. We wish you much luck in any of your future home improvement endeavors. Jeff Serfaty Accent Improvements, LLC. accentimprovements@yahoo.com

Grain Flooring

Brian has been installing, refinishing and repairing floors and decks for residential and commercial customers since 1974. He works all over New Jersey & New York State. He is on every job working along side his team, to ensure that you get the look you dreamed of. He takes pride in his work, working tirelessly to ensure your complete satisfaction. No job is too big or too small and his prices are reasonable. Locally owned & operated. Additional phone numbers - (201) 444-7922. Award winning.

Jager Landscaping Inc

Jager Landscaping has been delivering quality service for over 48 years. We are a landscape contracting company with two divisions. One division is Jager Landscaping Inc. We provide complete landscaping services. Design/Build, all forms of retaining walls, patios, historic brick driveways and walks, mature tree and shrub planting, mulching, seeding, topsoil, seasonal color, organic & synthetic lawn care, maintenance, and property management. The other division is All Surface Restoration a power washing business that uses a unique cleaner and low pressure to clean just about any surface. We clean roofs asphalt shingles, cedar shakes, siding (vinyl, stucco, brick, and cedar), decks (cedar, ipe, pressure treated, redwood), Patio's and walks (concrete and pavers),and log homes. We also repair, sand and seal decks. We can restore your deck. For your convenience we accept Mastercard, Visa, and Discover card. There is someone here to answer your calls 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.

Shook Awnings LLC

** SUNSETTER DEALER ** Shook Awnings, LLC, is your one stop shop for all of your awning needs. With more than 14 years of experience, I am locally owned and operated, and take pride in the quality of work and customer satisfaction that I give to every customer! I am known to pay exquisite attention to detail while making customer satisfaction my top priority. Call today to learn more about how I can help you!

2022 Super Service Award

We do everything from your foundation to your roof.